It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher purpose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting take on the idea of the each person having a higher purpose. The only thing I can think of that could be seen as a higher purpose is that maybe that us human are components of other such things which effectivly are going to lead to something else, something great. This could always be intreprated as a higher purpose I guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Racos,
These are links to my experiances. As far as to whom told me I have a higher purpose that would be friends and family.

UFO related
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Paranormal
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree with Shidge. I think most children, and alot of teenagers as well would like to believe that they're here for some "Special purpose". Who knows, maybe some of us are. If you read up on it there have been alot of posts on this site dealing with this same thing. I used to think it too. I found a card in my wallet that had my name, and the latin origin. It said, "God loves you, you have been chosen." Of course, being 7 I thought for sure this must mean something, and that I could very well be chosen by God. I grew out of it later and realized it's probably just something my mom gave me...and all the ones with my name say that haha. Everyone has something unique about themselves that not alot of other people have. I really don't mean to be harsh, but maybe it's a lack of purpose? How old are you, hunter? Maybe subconciously you're realizing that you haven't really done much; haven't made anything of your self so conciously this is the result. (honestly don't mean to sound like a jerk) Maybe your mind is trying to make up for that by creating something for you to be.

Or you're gonna be a super-hero.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You are experiencing what most people with special abilities experience a realization that they are different somehow and as you start getting more of this premonitions and dreams you will develop awareness and will see the world in a different way.

I had a lot of experiences like this around 21 years of age. i think part of it could be narcisim in terms of "I have a greater purpose". Part of it could be the normal human condition trying to explain "why I'm here." After a brief time of deja vus and feelings of grandeur I settled back into just being one person moving along in this machine. I long to feel "important" but haven't gotten vibes indicating that in several years.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi all,

Good topic. I'd just like to say that all this talk about our higher purpose and what it might be, forgets to mention we may also have a lower purpose, and what needs to be made is a choice or maybe even a balance between the two.

So saying that, this is how I see our purpose in life.

Lower purpose = self-serving, materialistic, "what's in it for me?" mentality, the person with the most toys when they die wins.

Higher purpose = service to others, spiritualistic, loving one's neighbor, following the Golden Rule, "ashes to ashes, dust to dust".

A higher purpose doesn't point to any specific thing you are supposed to accomplish, rather how you go about living your life. If you commit your life to helping others, your higher purpose will become clear, and your confusion will disolve.

Hope that makes sense.

cheers,

StickyG

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Measure your purpose: get a job. Try to accomplish something concrete with your uniqueness. If your great purpose serves other people too, you're on the right track.

The feeling is natural, the real question is how you use it to fuel inspiration & love.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StickyG

Lower purpose = self-serving, materialistic, "what's in it for me?" mentality, the person with the most toys when they die wins.

Higher purpose = service to others, spiritualistic, loving one's neighbor, following the Golden Rule, "ashes to ashes, dust to dust".

Woah well said there StickyG, I didnt think of it like that, but it makes alot of sense

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I used to see a lot of ghosts and these "humanic" shadow things (on quight a few occasions)

I also used to get a bit of de-javu

The shadow things seemed more "aware" of where they were and tended to interact more with the surroundings (only saw them for a brief period)

But maby a higher purpose isnt really anything as special as people make it out to be

It wouldnt supprise me if our higher purpose was basicly to do what we do now (jobs ect) and contribute to the society/keep our countrys econemys stable and our race so that future generations will be more advanced than us and theirfor build up on what we have already accomplished

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Everyone has a higher purpose as they call it

Everyone has a destiny and is pre-destined for something, so dont try and make yourself feel special , its not good for you.

I never did that atall
lol ( thats sarcasm , one of the worst aspects of my personality , some people dont seem to get it)

Every path leads to god, youve just picked the one thats suits you best, and by you i do not mean your mind or body.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join