It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by notknowing
I just heard about this from a friend and have been thinking what could have caused such a thing. What kept coming into my mind was that all these birds where flying in a flock just like they usually do, and that they flew into something they didn't see. Has the military achieved the ability to cloak a large jet or something more advanced? I didn't read many of the other posts, so someone else already thought of this... Have they done autopsies to determine the possible causes? If they had flown into something, they would have broken necks for example. Another mystery to add to the ever growing pile.

We can neither confirm or deny the existence of an active camo system for aircraft.

It would not have flew into a river and killed 100,000 fish if it existed.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Source = warintel.blogspot.com...

Correct?

link   
That is just so weird. Don't birds and most animals sense dangerous weather and fly away from it? Hail and lightning sound like a weak explanation in my opinion.

link   
I would like to bring to the attention of everyone here the issue of Rotenone.

This is a pesticide that has been used extensively as a insecticide and natural fish poison in Arkansas to wipe out certain species of invasive fish.

The levels of toxicity for birds are also extremely dangerous.

I can hypothesize that if this was sprayed on all local corn crops that it could have leeched into the river system and also have remained on the corn to be ingested by the blackbirds who become poisoned during their migration as they feed on the corn sprayed by the Rotenone.

Culling fish with Rotenone
Toxity in birds with Rotenone
Rotenone is created from Mullein

link   

Originally posted by notknowing
I just heard about this from a friend and have been thinking what could have caused such a thing. What kept coming into my mind was that all these birds where flying in a flock just like they usually do, and that they flew into something they didn't see. Has the military achieved the ability to cloak a large jet or something more advanced? I didn't read many of the other posts, so someone else already thought of this... Have they done autopsies to determine the possible causes? If they had flown into something, they would have broken necks for example. Another mystery to add to the ever growing pile.

As another poster pointed out, the blackbirds would have been perched and sleeping, not flying unless disturbed.

link   
(I AM FROM ARKANSAS)
I don't live a few miles from the area it happen.I am a new member today and I just signed up to post a new thread today about the birds and I needed 20 comments to start a thread. Not happy about that but that's politics.I can start by telling you Iv been visiting this site several years and just today a member.I can tell you I was raised ''a man is no better than his word''.Here is what iv seen in the sky over the last 3 days.I am always looking up.Iv heard talk about chem trails...Is what I have been seeing a chem trail?,I am not sure.Here is what I seen for the last 3 day in the evening hours way into the morning hours ,3 trails that run west to east but the strange thing is they are 1 and they spread wide into 3 (all about the same size)the further east they go.They were huge almost to the size of the rare clouds that form that are tube shaped.I have grown up around water love to fish and hunt.Red wing black birds love being around water,you see them around lakes near the banks of water and flying at night in a large group is much unknown to me.I think they were flushed from a roost my guess ,but what killed them before they hit the ground is a very good question.My very first thought was fireworks scared them off the roost.They don't fly high enough for hail not to be noticed on the ground with the bird or others people.Magnetic change was a thought,I have a few more but I will keep them to myself.The real truth may never be told.To those who don't know a dead blackbird is not a good future sign and at NEW YEARS EVE it don't look good.I ate my purple hull peas and cornbread.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Add another zero to the fish and make the birds 5,000.

Throw the tremors in there too.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

link   

Originally posted by metalpr

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by christian28
"Wildlife rescuers from San Diego to San Francisco suddenly are facing a distressing biological mystery: Disoriented and bruised California brown pelicans are landing on highways and airport runways and in farm fields, alleys and backyards miles from their normal coastal haunts." Actually hundreds of Pelican deaths are being reported from Washington to San Diego. The birds are disoriented and going in circles. If you have ever seen these beautiful birds flying in formation over the ocean you are probably as distressed as I am.

Source that for us, please.

that was back in 2009
source

Interesting and thank you! It doesn't seem related to this event, but then I am no biologist.

link   
www2.wnct.com...
Sorry to put up info from 2009, but the birds have been showing up dead and disoriented through out 2010 as well. Scientists believe some kind of toxin has coated their feathers causing the insulation on their wings to fail, but it's still under debate. This most likely has nothing to do with the current situation but it's not impossible that the deaths are totally unrelated. Pelicans are an indicator species. I wasn't trying to sound an alarm. Someone posted that a live bird was found in Ak dazed and going in circles. It made me think of the way the pelicans were acting.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Source = warintel.blogspot.com...

Correct?

what about the duck??
where's the duck???

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Also, 1000+ birds to get hit by lightning is impossible. It's just beyond ridiculous.

With a large, high density flock of birds I could imagine the lightening effecting them as a collective, being in all as they were probably close to one another.

physical trauma ???

I suppose the biggest clue as to what happened to the birds could best be discovered with a necropsy being performed on a sample of the birds. Lightning would have its own distinctive pattern of tissue damage .

Also anything getting stunned in the air even if they survived the lightening strike, would not survive the fall whilst incapacitated .

It doesn`t seem so implausible to me sliceNodice but it certainly is intriguing.

You don't know blackbirds. At that time of night, going on the stroke of twelve, they would have all been roosting - care to tell me how a lightning bolt would affect 5000 plus birds in different trees? Or the 100,000 fish 125 miles away, on the same night?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

and the duck!! dont forget about the duck.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

I can hypothesize that if this was sprayed on all local corn crops that it could have leeched into the river system and also have remained on the corn to be ingested by the blackbirds who become poisoned during their migration as they feed on the corn sprayed by the Rotenone.

and the duck?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am curious if there was any derailments or factory explosions that could have released anything into the air and or water at the time? It is a puzzling event though that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Iran hit the area with a small EMP. They chose a non-populated area to make their point clear (to our govt.) that they can and they will disable any aircraft in the same manner at their discretion. This explains why major airports did such a lousy job of the snow removal in Europe (and here) because the threat was given over the holidays so the bad weather was a good excuse to keep air travel to a minimum.

The govt knows this will prompt business to halt if they disclose (air travel not being safe) if they disclose such. The economy would spiral out of control at a time (and by the means) they are not prepared nor have planned. Once snow has cleared and thousands are back in the air again at any given time...the govt will be forced to disclose this or await the consequences of not meeting Iran's demands.

The EMP can be used via a handheld devices (on US soil) or from abroad, at a moments notice.

*just a theory.
edit on 2-1-2011 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

ya the duck , there was a poor lil duck killed also.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The duck was confused and probably following the Blackbird flock. It wouldn't be the first time another species gets confused with its identity or is adopted by another species.

My favorite, the frog and the bird eating spiders

Chicken-Eating Tarantula Discovered

There was a little frog that lived down in the hole with the spiders.

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
many persons cleaned up the mess but...the pattern in which the blackbirds fell could tell if the birds were released from an airplane....including the duck

I have no clue about the fishes and the bats.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The duck was probably just hit by a car.

When we find 500 dead ducks, then we have a problem

Im putting my bet on Gulf oil spill after effects or pesticide run off and ingestion.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join