It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason why billionaires are suddenly giving away their money

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
die broke.

it's all about revenge.

50% estate tax. bs!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Carlos Slim sounds like a drug dealer..

A man on the run...

a slimy indvidual.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
For the mega rich to have a sudden change the global military must have woken up to the money games that have been going on and are keen as mustard to start frying asses to put a better balance back into the global economy. The military can see the destruction occurring in the cities and nations around the world as huge secret hordes of looted cash sit alone in isolation. There is a lot of work that needs to be done in repairing the system so don't go too nuts boys.

edit on 2-1-2011 by kwakakev because: changed 'do' to 'don't'

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Actually no one realy knows who is the richest person on the planet because most of them never make the Forbes magazine......IRS hint hint

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Actually no one realy knows who is the richest person on the planet because most of them never make the Forbes magazine......IRS hint hint

I have heard of some reports that the Rockafella or Rothschild estate (one of them) own about half the worlds money. They are involved in a lot of trusts, foundations, organisations and other stuff. It is hard to say for sure unless you have access to the worlds banking and other financial records. They are definably wealthy.
edit on 2-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'Rothschild'

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hey, maybe they are actually buying one of those new bunkers that are on the market.

I hear only the filthy, disgusting, rich people who don't give a s#!t about anyone else but themselves can buy one.

What a joke this all is !!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Just saw on the news that suddenly billionaires are falling over themselves to give their money away.

Hmmmm - apart from Bill and Melinda Gates, who have been doing that forever...why?

Here is why - because they know something that we don't and they have suddenly seen where their greedy and heedless wealth leads.

Sorry, too late I think.

They have been told that we are all operating under the same system. We all work to achieve what we have but greed distorts this.

The elite have just been attemping to support you all but now it's time for support on a different level! Spiritual support.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Why are they giving money away?
They probably know something.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This thread smells like religion

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Speaking of billionaires, did you know that Gates is no longer the richest man in the world?

It's Carlos Slim.

Do you think the richest man is on the forbes list ?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Here is why - because they know something that we don't

as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
they are probably trying to convince us all that they are worthy of the riches, that na, they shouldn't have to pay more in taxes to fund the social programs that keep their working poor alive....see they are charitable, and willing to help those in need...
a concerted effort from the wealthy to brainwash the american people to let them keep all of their money...while the people pay all the taxes.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit

They have only pledged, not actually given any cash yet.

These people have nothing worthwhile to give.

What is it that you wish for these blood suckers to give out?

A fistfull of stock options?

A big mansion that requires a ton of capital to maintain?

Advice on how to bribe a politician in return for a government contract?

The government issues the money.

The people control the government.

Remember?
edit on 2-1-2011 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Hell yeah, If some trazillionair wants go give some up.....

I would love to start my own Fire Management business.... PPE, Slide-on Rigs, a few 2 door Rangers, couple of Tankers & Engines, Chainsaws, Clearing Saws, Pumps, Hose reels.... Bout 2.5mill worth and It would save lives and employ people.....

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

You'll find that the reason theyre giving it away is because its worthless, the global financial systems days are numbered. Mark my words. Currency is a conspiracy in itself and im sure a thread will pop up in the next week or so highlighting this, its a scam people.
You're born
You're registered
You're educated following their curriculum (shepherded like little lambs)
You learn only what you are allowed to learn
Your views and opinions are affected by what you see on their media broadcasts, 911 for instance, sure hyped up racial hatred and every one hate muslims bandwagon, its all bs, how many of you have actually witnessed racially motivated violence? or just seen it on the tv.

Then to adult life
You work you pay tax on your wages, you then use your wages to buy the nice things in life like a car, a car where you will pay a ridiculous amount of tax on fuel and parts and possibly even have to pay to even drive it on the roads, you then pay tax on every single thing you buy, food and clothing and also your pets. You pay your energy bills another scam about to be exposed truth.

Its all a con and we all bought it hook line and sinker.

All of you worrying about money? Not much longer. Im not saying its not going to hurt coz it may.
Everything is corrupt, remember bush regarding haiti quake? dont send blankets or food, just send your cash? well come on then wheres it all gone? and how the f*&k are they still living in tents?

Our lives are the game called circles. Im getting a bit sick of the crap to be honest.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
These charities are just more NWO satellite agencies - they are deceiving the people by purporting to 'give away their money to good causes', when in fact, if they do actually give away the money at all - it goes to organisations which further the NWO agenda, under the guise of being a charity, and to boot they get a tax reduction. The only time these guys will undergo a 'change of heart' is when the noose is round their neck and they finally see there is no other way out.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

couldnt agree more

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by dmefoc

No,

This is different. Headline news.

It is not headline news for no reason.

It is headline news because it is about people who have sat on their money. So what has changed.

Something big has changed, and it is not a change of heart by these greedy a holes. It is a change because they are scared of something.

How does it go?

'The meek shall inherit the Earth'...'It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven'...

Hmmm...methinks there are a few billionaires around that actually take these messages seriously.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would be interested to know if any of this money will actually reach real people who really need it. I think not, it will be absorbed by big foundations and fund research on population control etc. Is it possible that massive amounts of money are needed right now by TPTB and this is a clever way to do it. Let the people think they're giving it away, while it gets funneled into programs and projects for their benefit? Call me cynical but I'll wait til they prove me wrong that they care about anyone but themselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Just saw on the news that suddenly billionaires are falling over themselves to give their money away.

Hmmmm - apart from Bill and Melinda Gates, who have been doing that forever...why?

Here is why - because they know something that we don't and they have suddenly seen where their greedy and heedless wealth leads.

Sorry, too late I think.

Do you not see the contradictions in your own statements? They have been giving their money away forever, and yet they are "greedy"?

giving their wealth away = greedy.

greedy= giving away your wealth.

Please. Sometimes I enjoy your common sense, but you have missed the boat on this one.
Bill and Melinda Gates are true philanthropists. It's true they have so much money they don't know what to do with it, but they have come up with some very humanitarian ways to dispose of it, unlike many others.

I applaud them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join