It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason why billionaires are suddenly giving away their money

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well, if we can't come up with a way to write it off into the conspiracy books then what good is it discussing?

We need to come up with at least 5 ways for this to fit into NWO, Aliens, Rockefeller, Freemason, etc.. etc... conspiracy or else we should just throw it away and forget about it.

edit on 2-1-2011 by RestingInPieces because: alien abduction

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Sorry but I'm afraid so .. this has been going on for a few years, the fact more have pledged may be news but it's not a new phenomena and the pledge to give away half a fortune doesn't mean they ARE giving half their fortune.. so far it amounts to nothing.. but as I've said, it's been happening for a few years now.. in other words, it's quite stale.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

And don't forget chemtrails... perhaps chemtrails are influencing the rich to give away their money faster than they can count it ...

all joking aside .. it really is nothing new and without substance.. honestly I hope those who pledged their money do end up giving it up for good causes when they pass on.. but I don't think most will .. and those that do will probably see their kids suing to reverse it ( I've seen that happen too! )

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So how do you propose we help the poor man in the street?? Cut him a check??

The poor man should seek out the charitable organizations that help those in need.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

Open your eyes,

Why would it be news if it was old?

Get real and enjoy your money.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

There should be no poor people.

That is my point.

There does not need to be poor people and starving people - if any of you have any heart, think about the children.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I read about this billionaire pledge ( Warren Buffett ) several years ago and the subsequent challenge to others came not long after.. the fact is, it IS old news .. I'm sorry if that irritates you but I can't change the time line.. the only thing NEW about it is that some additional big names have joined the list of those that agreed to the challenge .. but the challenge and pledges have been going on for a while now..

It made headlines when Zuckerberg did it .. but just because he joined the list didn't make the pledge situation new, just made his particular pledge new.. and again, his pledging half his fortune doesn't mean he's giving it up .. he'll be dead before that pledge gets paid .. if it gets paid.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I believe Bill Gates has already donated about $26 billion through out the years. I think Warren Buffett has already signed paperwork to give away 80% of his fortune after he dies. I think Bill Gates said he will leave his children $10 million a piece, and Buffett will leave his kids none. I can see some of them going through with it, I believe some of them have a moral bone in their body.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

This is old news!! Sorry you're just now getting wind of it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
My father said something interesting the other day; ....He seems to thinks we are all so worried about our finances; and yes we are 3 families living under one roof (so we are not the elite)...He believes its a diversion from the true problem ;to keep us busy....So we don't figure out the earth is going to be hit by a big asteroid...(Or something like that.)

For you see my children are still getting alot of government opportunities that should have been cut by now....I just think they are still handing out the help in my state...I am a home health professional and I also know the government pays out alot of money for our services...

Anyways, if this is true I thank GOD for this time my family has gotten the chance to all live together before the END...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I do hope they do ..

Buffett made his pledge back in 2006.. and I believe the pledge was to give those funds to bill gate's foundation

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hmmmm, another conspiracy? Let's get Jesse Ventura on it and find out why

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

If these people are so poor why are they having children??

Are you going to give your money away??

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't speak American.

Go forward with your delusions.

But don't invite NZ into your next war.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What does that have to do with the topic at hand? .. you were the one arguing that this is big news and that NZ doesn't report old news

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yep, he pledged his fortune to the Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Listen not everyone was poor when they had the children ,but now with the unemployment rate and the people that are work (like myself) had to take a cut in pay...We are now becoming the poor...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

I feel for people in your position. I should have been more clear about the people in this country that have no business having children they can't & won't take care of. The ones that never did anything with their selves and live off the system their whole life. I have no sympathy for this kind of laziness.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The most revealing thing about this pledge is that it is always about some future date. Why not give the money right now?
Of course the really rich love those foundations and trusts that enable them to keep money exempt from tax, whilst said money is still and always will be under their control. There is also the fact that the economic climate here in Europe has led to changes being pencilled in with regards to tax rates that will be put into effect at a future date. The wealthy have merely been given time to maneuver and safely distance their assets from any perceived threat.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Speaking of billionaires, did you know that Gates is no longer the richest man in the world?

It's Carlos Slim.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join