It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason why billionaires are suddenly giving away their money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As a well known fact, a good portion of news is posted here long before MSM reports it. So as this may be NEW news to some, to others here, it is in fact OLD news. As for these billionaires "earning" their money, providing any proof of these people "earning" that money will be a very hard task. Making money and earning it are 2 different things. Giving away money to charities looks good, but what would look even better is a billionaire using the money his/herself and putting it into the infrastructure. Say I was one of these billionaires. If I really wanted to make sure the money I was going to give away was used properly, I would cut out the charity middle man and directly hire the construction company, or whatever the appropriate business would be for the goal I was trying to accomplish. Charity starts at home. Everyone has a "home town". Every place has its own problems. Start in that town first, identify those problems and use that money to solve those problems. Overcrowded school? Build an addition or another school. School needs something to provide a proper education? Buy it. If every billionaire took that sort of action in every state or country, the world would move forward and be a better place for all.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How do you quickly crash the Dollar?

By releasing a ton of money at once into the market!

1st hold the money in order to require the creation of more money demanded by the people, then release it quickly causing high inflation and a collapse of a "fake" currency.

These rich have been instructed by the ones that made them rich to release this money into the economy.

The rich are evil through and through, and have one agenda in mind, and that's power.

They wouldn't just give the money away out of the kindness of there heart.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I figured it out a long time ago. If I ever became rich, I would have to act like I wasn't rich and become a mean bastard to friends and family who wanted to hit me for money any time they needed it.

I have no problem living like a normal person with a modest lifestyle if I can spend money on what I really want whenever I need to: travel, entertainment, fun, good food, and hot wild women.

If you do not have these strong qualities of character, do not become rich.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

It couln't be because they've realized that others need it far more than them or anything like that right?

It's always gota be doom and gloom, malice and hatred right?

I'd rather think that they are giving it away because of my first line. Do you know how much philanthropy that Bill and Melinda gates do?

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
All this amounts to is a huge tax write off for the billionaires. Don't think for a second that these people will just give away their money unless they were getting something beneficial in return.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

Yep its also called dualism. Equal your good deeds with your bad, and of course most of there good deeds are selfish.

So if they are doing good, you have to wonder what are they doing bad to even this out.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Perhaps they've read my post: Do the rich DESERVE their money?
?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

It's so subjective on whether they deserve it. I think some who become billionaires do so on the backs of many subordinates. So, they're good managers. But billions? Heck if my annual salary reaches $500,000 some day, I will be on "cloud-9". Right now, it's not even close :-)

Billionaires must just not see it coming. One day, whoops - I got a billion. Oh - now two billion. Rinse, repeat. Trouble is, guys like those who start Google, Facebook, Microsoft - they grab the big chunk of stock early on and it just rises like crazy and what can they do? They got their 20% share when the company was 5 guys in a garage, then when it took off, they still had 20%. Those guys may be the ones who deserve it for planting the seed. Google founders, to me, deserve it. Such amazing work and results that help change the world. I place them higher in the deserve it category than Microsoft. MSFT did it by snagging a copy of an operating system from a guy under almost false pretenses and having a lock-in with IBM for the PC operating system when IBM was in shambles and couldn't write software for anything smaller than a refrigerator. Luck, lucky timing and a little sneakiness isn't as solid of a deserving right than Google's search engine and web-bots. There are a lot of billionaires out there - a lot. And tens of thousands of millionaires too. They worked hard but then at what point was it too much - where the money they had amassed was far more than they could ever spend. They could have stopped the pouring in, but didn't.

Now, then there are the oil giants, media giants and other deal makers. Does someone who has 10,000 minions working for them under an umbrella of managment deserve a billion or more? Hard to say. They're emporors and kings of their dominion but what is it that gives them the right to claim such cash for moving around small bits of goods and information? Why aren't large farm-owners billionaires? Well, maybe chief of "farm technology" companys come close (Monsanto, Cargill) because they can "own" a market by their shenanigans.

But I would say those who deserve the most are the leaders that make changes. Those who help people learn - teachers. If you are a good teacher and can help children grow up with great values, intelligence and ability to be a solid part of society - you deserve as much as a ruthless banker or oil tycoon.

I work for a jerk of a CEO now. He doubled his own salary this year, while everyone else took a 10% pay cut last year. We just had a big layoff of many of our guys due to losing our largest customer. This CEO has a 5-year golden parachute that if he is fired, he gets 5 years of salary and bonus. For running a company into the ground. Yes, it's legal and apparently, people do this quite often. Next time you see a company failing - look to see if the people running it are sucking out what last few dollars investors put into it. There's a special place in (oh, you know the place) for guys like this. But I would say not all billionaires will be counting burning embers together - many seem to deserve it and next for them is giving their riches to the right people who may deserve it even more.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by freedish

Hi free,

I am so crap at links - go to Channel 3 news. Probably tv.co.nz - any channel will do probably. Just make sure you do the nz thing.

I see they also have a story that Pearl Harbour has just been bombed by the Japanese...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I dont think that is the reason OP.

I think its the final push. The final push to get rid of you and me, and to finalize their plans, as well as their future plans, which involve getting off the planet.

Bill Gates admitted during the TED conference that they are depopulating the Earth via vaccines and family planning, etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Gates has pledged half of his wealth to vaccinate every man, woman and child in africa. vaccines are bad news
containing mercury amongst other nefarious substances, designed to be detrimental to the health of the individual. vitamin C is a good combattant of viral infections and cheap to boot, but this information is, of course,
not commonly known. i believe this is just another step in their depopulation agenda and these people do not have a decent bone in their bodies. look at how bush and clinton ripped off the haiti disaster fund, yet all these criminal sh*theads are still treated as heroes. when will these demons be brought to justice?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You're right!! All of us wealthy business owners started our companies so we could make a crap load of money in order to depopulate the world...you caught us!!

What is the real reason successful people are so hated??

I don't think the average person understands the risk one takes in starting a business or the hard work required in keeping the business profitable. If my business is not profitable, 215 people would be without a job. I can't allow that to happen!!

If you have Internet access, cell phone or cable tv you are not poor.

I enjoy helping less fortunate people. I'm also heavily involved with the make a wish foundation and feel every dollar spent is well worth it. I hate when people try to villainize anyone who has acquired wealth. Yes I know there are those that have acquired it through evil and unmoral business practices. But not all of us. How many of you know any of these billionaires personally??

I believe ALL OF US ARE GREEDY. We are born that way, do you have to teach you children to share or take??

I wish you ALL a successful 2011!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
What is the real reason successful people are so hated??

I personally do not think that is the case, rich people are loved but it is all how they treat their fellow man... I think it has always been that way. Bill Gates earned so much at a fairly young age and it just took him awhile to catch on, he's earned alot of respect in my eyes...

it takes money to make money... which is fairly easy, but you lose touch with the people and sometimes even ones self.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

The problem is that they pay people too little. People have to work two or three jobs. Nowadays most people cannot outright buy, even less keep, a house in a clean and safe area. The postwar dream of the post 50's doesn't exist anymore.

I'm not talking about you, someone who may be actually working, lifting or pushing pens and paying people honest wages, but there are a lot of real ripoffs out there.

They're just hoarding money and besides nothing has been given away yet, if ever.

Some of these people have billions of dollars just sitting.. it's just ridiculous.

What is now happening is social and infrastructure decay that will only accelerate if things get worse.

edit on 2-1-2011 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by star in a jar because: some changes

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

there prolly giving it away cuz they have too much of it hah

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hmm. maybe they are doing it because...
You can't take your money to the after life. ??

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

If you have Internet access, cell phone or cable tv you are not poor.

Not true!!!!

The poor get free cell phones!!!
Honest!!! They get free cell phones, with a limited number of minutes and text messages. Not sure if those phones get internet access or not.
I don't have a cell phone by the way, does that mean I am poor?

And well, ain't betting about the internet access either, there were some cheap or even free internet access out there a few years ago, not sure if there still are...

Cable TV, who doesn't have it?? I know of a few at work, single men, no kids, and well, at what they make at my shop, they can't afford it.....but there's many households I bet out there that are considered "poor" that do have it....

reckon how many of the Gov't definded "poor" have laid in a hospital bed a week waiting for a thousands of dollars to drop out of thin air so the surgeon would do the surgery that would make them walk again???

The line between poor and not poor are shady, you can't tell if a person is "poor" or not by what they have anymore.
edit on 3-1-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
this came to mind instantly after reading the OP.

Hey if you don't ask, you'll never get it, right? This guy has been on the News in Texas I think it was. One of the Central Southern States, did like a 7 min piece on him.

He has a few other videos,still asking, they're pretty funny, imo. But who knows he may get lucky.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

If any well to do people pass through this thread and feel that the guy in the video is asking too much, or isn't prepared to take on the challenge of having all that money...

I am only asking for $250,000.
and will use it to pay off my home (and help your banker friends in the process), and pay off the other bills my family has incurred. Like that nice big hospital bill I just racked up so I can keep working...without so much pain hopefully. (which might diminish a future hit to the economy if those medical credit cards are being sliced and diced and sold as derivitives!]

Just im me!!!

I will gladly provide you with a nice tax writeoff!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yeah that's the guy I was talking about...what a star!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join