It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can celebrate tonight because of our boys overseas... What a crock of total [snip]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My wifes grandfather was a General in the German Army at the end of WW2. He had about 10,000 young men under his regime. He was told to move forward towards the Russian Front neat the end of the War.
He refused,knowing the war was futile, so he sent the boys home.
He was shot the next day for treason.
(I have his goodbye letter,and maps of mine fields.Got them yesterdayPretty wierd,I'll post them. NOT the goodbye letter)
War ended less then 2 weeks later.
Follow orders and may God be with you.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wow, more liberal back slapping from people to craven to join, or for that matter do anything but sit on their butts and complain. If you wanna bitch about why the troops aren't here securing our border, surely you're aren't stupid enough to think it's their fault? Blame your messiah Obama and the other creatures YOU put into office who have everyone but your interests at heart, not the people brave enough to join, instead of bitching, whining and moaning from the safety of your homes.

I did my time.. 4 tours in a little place called vietnam with s.o.g . Earned my right to speak out against the corrupt bastards in d.c along with the apathy of the public. As to politics I dont believe in any .. Ive no need nor use for any governmets or leaders as none of them give a damn about the people...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
If you wanna bitch about why the troops aren't here securing our border, surely you're aren't stupid enough to think it's their fault? Blame your messiah Obama and the other creatures YOU put into office who have everyone but your interests at heart, not the people brave enough to join, instead of bitching, whining and moaning from the safety of your homes.

No, I think I'll continue to complain all I want. Until the voters wake up and vote collectively in a drastically different direction en mass, we'll be stuck with the status quo 2 party system from here to eternity. Fact of the matter is we have a severe safety issue in Mexico that could really use our help in regaining control. From someone other than, you know, DEA agents anyway. Obviously, the DEA approach has not worked. Now, we have their cartel violence crossing in to the US, and not all the victims are FROM Mexico, either. Not cool. Blowing up Afghan villages, weddings is fine and well-worth our resources, but going in after the scum terrorizing our southwest is not? I'll rant as I please, thank you very much.

Also, remind me what Bush was doing when Mexico was making it apparent they were succumbing to cartels? You can't blame Obama alone, the Mexican violence has been carrying on for years now.
And you can rant and complain.........thanks to the US military. I think we should have the troops on the border...actually across the border, and taking care of business, instead Obama is all too worried about the Canadian border and not appearing to be racist towards hispanics to further his voter base.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All I know is that the military pays well. You cannot complain if you live in a small town with limited jobs. The gov't is offering 10,000 to 40,000 dollar sign on bonuses. Some people around here do it for the money, to the hell with the cause. I have several friends that went over there and a few came back disturbed, most are alright and alot better off than when they left.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Tonight I saw a news commentator raise a glass and say "Tonight we can celebrate because of our boys who are fighting overseas" and I couldn't help thinking what a BS line of crap this guy is serving.

Hmmmm. Reminds one of a book some of us have probably read by George Orwell called 1984.

A never-ending war against a constantly changing opponent: This is the war on terror. In 1984, Oceania is always at war with one of two countries, Eurasia or Eastasia, and that constantly changes. Whoever Oceania is currently at war with, however, has always been the enemy according to the party, though they change who it is on a weekly basis. First, with our government, we thought the enemy was Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. Then we invaded Afghanistan and switched our focus to getting rid of the oppressive Taliban regime. Once that was done, we pinned Iraq as the enemy, saying Saddam Hussein was ready to use his non-existent WMD’s on us. After toppling Hussein’s government, it occurred to us that there would be an insurgency, and Al Qaeda in Iraq joined the party. Well, now that we’ve lowered the violence in Iraq, the administration has painted Iran as the enemy, saying things like Ahmadinejad said that he would, “wipe Israel off the map.” NOT TRUE. And, in light of last week’s events, Russia’s being painted by the media as “big, bad Leroy Brown” again.

This isn't a quote from the book. But it's not a bad little synopsis of one of its themes.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Why aren't NZ troops fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan

Why don't you address the points I raised about the deployment of our troops in things that our none of our business.

Don't need to! The thread is about showing appreciation for their efforts! It's called going off topic! Now not only do you have vocabulary problems you have reading comprehension problems! Stick to the topic

Yes we will stand by our troops. Give them a free burial.

Now that is real civilised! These legends are defending our freedom!

War loving people like you

Now you are assuming ...... tut tut tut! The thread is about saying thank & paying respect to the truth!

so you can cheer a parade feel all good inside.

Yeah I do feel good & guess what, they do to. I have family who are currently serving & other who have served in the past & they say they enjoy & feel that those that attend the marches are expressing pride & saying thank you which is what this thread is all about!. I call your bluff, why do you come and crash the next march & let your feelings be known? Bet you don't have the courage!

ANZACS are for Australian & New Zealand defence.

Well duh! It just that like some people in US rightly support & praise their troops, Real Aussies do the same for their troops past & present! You use the Eureka Stockade flag in your signature! You represent nothing of the spirit that flag implies not one iota! Don't care what you say!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey Nyiah...nice post.. Say whatever you want..Your not hurting anyones feelings.
I was enjoying these guys talk about being in the military and threw in a few side stories. I thought we were just busting balls around the fireplace,not talking about why or how they got there.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Long live the stupidity,ignorance ,non education from people like you Goverment like people like you

The very fact you have resorting to a personal name calling attack indicates you have nothing valid in your argument to contribute! Too late now to get all intellectual now! You have made your point! lol lol lol!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

The only reason they moved this thread is because they don't like the subject matter and are therefore trying to censor it. They have abused their position as a moderator,

My my aren't we the spiteful one! insulting the mods as well as the troops! Their actions are done because they have to manage the boards & are doing the right thing!

You miss the whole point. It's not about the actions of government (whatever) that got them there it is about saying thank you to the troops serving us all! nothing more! It's not about censorship else the thread would have 404'd Hmmmmm!

edit on 1-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Its quite obvious that
1. Youve never seen war firsthand.
2. Like the rest of the public you believe the lies and patriotic rubbish.
There isnt a damn thing good about war.. The senseless slaughter, the blood, grown men laying wounded on battlefields screaming and crying for their mothers, the stench of death, the silence of the dead and the nightmares of it all when you return.. There are no winners everyone loses.. So spare us the patriotic rubbish ...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If we never, ever, bothered anyone else country with our military, we would've been wiped out a long time ago. No matter what, our troops need experience, and our generals need to how other people fight. So, yes, because we keep our military stationed in other countries, we are defending ourselves. Go read some war scripture.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

spare us the patriotic rubbish

Rubbish I say your reply is rubbish because you are missing the entire point of thread! It is just to say thank for the terrible & disgusting things they are going through! it has nothing to do with supporting war or who put them there. You obviously have a big problem with reading & comprehension skills.

Yes I am patriotic for my country & there is nothing you can say to change that. The troops are heroes ..... Period! Whine and bellyache all you want I write the truth .... They are legends!. Read the thread title properly. It has nothing to do with war mongering or the governments who rightly or wrongly put them there! These are for other threads! ATS is public forum & I will state my opinion! You cannot stop me!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Are you honestly naive enough to think that some of these mods aren't working for alphabet agencies? I guarantee that the FBI, CIA, DHS etc. all have undercover people in here acting as both members and mods for the precise purpose of trying to derail threads that expose real conspiracies. That's their job, that's what they get paid to do.

The last thing the puppet masters want is for the body bag kids to wake up one day and realize that they're all being lied to, that they're nothing more than pawns in a rich mans game, sold a bill of goods wrapped in a flag in order to line some elite psychopaths pocket.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Well, let's just all cry a river.

You're not the only one who's see war - and I mean soaking wet up close, but your opinion isn't any better or carry any more weight than any others.

Not all fights are perfect, and not all strategies are efficient. But that doesn't mean that they are useless or counterproductive.

As for Vietnam, the Soviets watched us carefully in Vietnam, and soberly concluded that if the Americans would fight this hard and shed this much blood and effort over a place they could really give a damn about - how much harder and how much more effort would we fight the Soviets lined up against Western Europe.

Myopia is NOT a desired characteristic.

And no one can ever say that nothing good ever came out of war.

War purifies a normally rancid human condition periodically, and when pursued properly with vigor, can remove many cankers on the ass of humanity.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I am not naive! Been around a lot more than you will ever know. In this case where you are insinuating something against people who people who can read it you must supply more proof/evidence than just an opinion or "my thread was moved/censored" because otherwise it could be deemed as personal attacks!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If you have never served in the military, please do me a favor... Look in the mirror, and the first thing you see smash it with a hammer... Its usually worthless people like you who protesting at soldier funerals.

Whether they wanted to or not these are just few soldiers that have died for your lazy a$$ to type on that computer.

April 27, 2010 Sgt. Keith A. Coe, 30, of Auburndale, Fla., died in Khalis, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an explosive device. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. (Fulton native - Oswego)
March 18, 2010 Spc. Robert M. Rieckhoff, 26, of Kenosha, Wis., died in Baghdad, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with rocket-propelled grenade fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
Jan. 1, 2010 Spc. Brushaun X. Anderson, 20, of Columbus, Ga., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 14th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.
Nov. 27, 2009 Pfc. Michael A. Rogers, 23, of White Sulphur Springs, Mont., died at Forward Operating Base Hammer, east of Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 210th Brigade Support Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.
May 31, 2009 Spc. Marko M. Samson, 30, of Columbus, Ohio, died in Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 277th Aviation Support Battalion, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
April 13, 2009 Sgt. Raul Moncada, 29, of Madera, Calif., died near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 563rd Military Police Company, 91st Military Police Battalion, 10th Sustainment Brigade, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. (Fort Drum)
Jan. 26, 2009 Chief Warrant Officer Philip E. Windorski, Jr., 35, of Bovey, Minn.; Chief Warrant Officer Matthew G. Kelley, 30, of Cameron, Mo. ; Chief Warrant Officer Joshua M. Tillery, 31, of Beaverton, Ore. and Chief Warrant Officer Benjamin H. Todd, 29, of Colville, Wash.died from wounds suffered when two OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters crashed in Kirkuk, Iraq. They were assigned to the 6th Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regiment, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y. (10th Mountain)
Sept. 21, 2008 Staff Sgt. Matthew J. Taylor, 25, of Charleston, S.C., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when he received small arms fire during dismounted operations. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
Sept. 2, 2008 Pfc. Patrick W. May, 22, of Jamestown, N.Y., died Sept. 2 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sufferedfrom a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the Division Special Troops Battalion, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
June 26, 2008 Capt. Philip J. Dykeman, 38, of Brockport, N.Y. (and Central Square) died June 26 while supporting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq, along with Lt. Col. Max A. Galeai, 42, of Pago Pago, American Samoa. andCpl. Marcus W. Preudhomme, 23, of North Miami Beach, Fla. The Marines were assigned to 2d Battalion, 3d Marines, 3rd Marine Division, Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. (Oswego County)
June 8, 2008 Staff Sgt. Tyler E. Pickett, 28, of Saratoga, Wyo., died in Kirkuk Province, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked by enemy forces using improvised explosive devices. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
June 7, 2008 Sgt. 1st Class David R. Hurst, 31, of Fort Sill, Okla., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
June 4, 2008 Sgt. Shane P. Duffy, 22, of Taunton, Mass., Spc. Jonathan D. A. Emard, 20, of Mesquite, Texas. and Sgt. Cody R. Legg, 23, of Escondido, Calif. in Tikrit, Iraq, of wounds suffered in Sharqat, Iraq, when their unit was attacked by enemy forces using small arms fire and hand grenades. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. (Fort Drum)
May 1, 2008 Spc. Jeffrey F. Nichols, 21, of Granite Shoals, Texas, died in Baghdad from wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
April 28, 2008 Sgt. Marcus C. Mathes, 26, of Zephyrhills, Fla. and Sgt. Mark A. Stone, 22, of Buchanan Dam, Texas. assigned to the 94th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their forward operating base with indirect fire. Also killed was Pfc. Adam L. Marion, 26, of Mount Airy, N.C. He was assigned to the 171st Engineer Company, North Carolina Army National Guard, Saint Pauls, N.C. (10th Mountain)
April 14, 2008 Spc. Arturo Huerta-Cruz, 23, of Clearwater, Fla., died in Tuz, Iraq, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 10th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. (Fort Drum)
April 14, 2008 Sgt. Joseph A. Richard III, 27, of Lafayette, La., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
April 7, 2008 Sgt. Timothy M. Smith, 25, of South Lake Tahoe, Calif., died in Baghdad, Iraq of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)

And the heel does crap like this get so many flags and stars

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Been there done that - I'm a veteran

You fought for the mighty coalition? All I can say is thank you & respect for any effort you put in! I respect any military any people!

They've been sold a pack of lies because they're stupid kids who don't know any better and they will wear the scars of their ignorance for the rest of their lives.

Stupid? Ignorance? Now that's a little strong! I only offer my respect to them! The are "dead Set" heroes!

If you want to help them point them toward your Capital and tell them who the real enemies are.

Sure their real enemy is extremist Islamics ......... Not the moderates, not the "Non practicing" ..... the extremists! They are heroes & deserve any support & thanks we can give them! Blame the Governments of the world if you want but they themselves are not ignorant, Not stupid! They are true real life heroes!

Give over. These kids are nationalist sheep who don't know their arse from their elbow. If they were born in Russia they'd be in the Russian military. Iran, the Iranian military. Israel, the Israel military.

These kids are not patriots or defenders of Freedom. They're merceneries who had their McDonalds application turned down. They're serving corrupt governments, willingly. They're engaging in illegal wars, willingly. They are for all intensive purposes, hitmen. If not for the military they'd be on the dole. I know it, you know it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
If you have never served in the military, please do me a favor... Look in the mirror, and the first thing you see smash it with a hammer... Its usually worthless people like you who protesting at soldier funerals.

Whether they wanted to or not these are just few soldiers that have died for your lazy a$$ to type on that computer.

April 27, 2010 Sgt. Keith A. Coe, 30, of Auburndale, Fla., died in Khalis, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an explosive device. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. (Fulton native - Oswego)
March 18, 2010 Spc. Robert M. Rieckhoff, 26, of Kenosha, Wis., died in Baghdad, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with rocket-propelled grenade fire. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
Jan. 1, 2010 Spc. Brushaun X. Anderson, 20, of Columbus, Ga., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 14th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.
Nov. 27, 2009 Pfc. Michael A. Rogers, 23, of White Sulphur Springs, Mont., died at Forward Operating Base Hammer, east of Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 210th Brigade Support Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.
May 31, 2009 Spc. Marko M. Samson, 30, of Columbus, Ohio, died in Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 277th Aviation Support Battalion, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
April 13, 2009 Sgt. Raul Moncada, 29, of Madera, Calif., died near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to the 563rd Military Police Company, 91st Military Police Battalion, 10th Sustainment Brigade, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. (Fort Drum)
Jan. 26, 2009 Chief Warrant Officer Philip E. Windorski, Jr., 35, of Bovey, Minn.; Chief Warrant Officer Matthew G. Kelley, 30, of Cameron, Mo. ; Chief Warrant Officer Joshua M. Tillery, 31, of Beaverton, Ore. and Chief Warrant Officer Benjamin H. Todd, 29, of Colville, Wash.died from wounds suffered when two OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters crashed in Kirkuk, Iraq. They were assigned to the 6th Squadron, 6th Cavalry Regiment, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y. (10th Mountain)
Sept. 21, 2008 Staff Sgt. Matthew J. Taylor, 25, of Charleston, S.C., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when he received small arms fire during dismounted operations. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
Sept. 2, 2008 Pfc. Patrick W. May, 22, of Jamestown, N.Y., died Sept. 2 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sufferedfrom a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the Division Special Troops Battalion, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
June 26, 2008 Capt. Philip J. Dykeman, 38, of Brockport, N.Y. (and Central Square) died June 26 while supporting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq, along with Lt. Col. Max A. Galeai, 42, of Pago Pago, American Samoa. andCpl. Marcus W. Preudhomme, 23, of North Miami Beach, Fla. The Marines were assigned to 2d Battalion, 3d Marines, 3rd Marine Division, Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. (Oswego County)
June 8, 2008 Staff Sgt. Tyler E. Pickett, 28, of Saratoga, Wyo., died in Kirkuk Province, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked by enemy forces using improvised explosive devices. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.
June 7, 2008 Sgt. 1st Class David R. Hurst, 31, of Fort Sill, Okla., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
June 4, 2008 Sgt. Shane P. Duffy, 22, of Taunton, Mass., Spc. Jonathan D. A. Emard, 20, of Mesquite, Texas. and Sgt. Cody R. Legg, 23, of Escondido, Calif. in Tikrit, Iraq, of wounds suffered in Sharqat, Iraq, when their unit was attacked by enemy forces using small arms fire and hand grenades. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. (Fort Drum)
May 1, 2008 Spc. Jeffrey F. Nichols, 21, of Granite Shoals, Texas, died in Baghdad from wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
April 28, 2008 Sgt. Marcus C. Mathes, 26, of Zephyrhills, Fla. and Sgt. Mark A. Stone, 22, of Buchanan Dam, Texas. assigned to the 94th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their forward operating base with indirect fire. Also killed was Pfc. Adam L. Marion, 26, of Mount Airy, N.C. He was assigned to the 171st Engineer Company, North Carolina Army National Guard, Saint Pauls, N.C. (10th Mountain)
April 14, 2008 Spc. Arturo Huerta-Cruz, 23, of Clearwater, Fla., died in Tuz, Iraq, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 10th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y. (Fort Drum)
April 14, 2008 Sgt. Joseph A. Richard III, 27, of Lafayette, La., died in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)
April 7, 2008 Sgt. Timothy M. Smith, 25, of South Lake Tahoe, Calif., died in Baghdad, Iraq of wounds suffered when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), located at Fort Polk, La. (10th Mountain)

And the heel does crap like this get so many flags and stars

Actually, no. These people have all made my life less secure, they've removed my freedoms. This idea that they're saving our freedoms is moronic and void of fact.

We're less safe since the war. We have less freedoms since the war. So I won't need to thank soldiers, dead or otherwise. This idea that dying elevates you to hero level is laughable. Simply being dead makes these people heroes? It's propoganda.

It might work on your American friends, but this is a global website. Most the world is worse off for America, not better. So no, I will not thank you or the soldiers. They measure up about the same as Taliban fighters.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Ok you got your right to an opinion, that's cool but it reeks of basic personal respect to the individuals!

Yeah you are probably right whatever country they were born they would be doing the same! yes because they are combination of being patriotic & loyal to the countries they love. They love their freedom of choice & appreciate what troops of the past have done and want to emulate that!

Some may join for the wrong reasons but nearly all join for the right reason! Degrading them by calling them sheep is straight disgusting & offensive! They are people trying to do their best! Why unfairly paint them all with the same brush? Now come on sunshine you I both know that it is the truth!

Again why bring the governments into this? it is about them as people! They are legends & war heroes doing what they think is right!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by NadaCambia

Ok you got your right to an opinion, that's cool but it reeks of basic personal respect to the individuals!

Yeah you are probably right whatever country they were born they would be doing the same! yes because they are combination of being patriotic & loyal to the countries they love. They love their freedom of choice & appreciate what troops of the past have done and want to emulate that!

Some may join for the wrong reasons but nearly all join for the right reason! Degrading them by calling them sheep is straight disgusting & offensive! They are people trying to do their best! Why unfairly paint them all with the same brush? Now come on sunshine you I both know that it is the truth!

Again why bring the governments into this? it is about them as people! They are legends & war heroes doing what they think is right!

I haven't met a soldier in either the British or Australian army who hasn't joined in the last decade to kill 'pakis' and 'ragheads'... Actually I have, but they've always been Fijians. Everyone else in these armys are bigots and racists. That's the truth.

At the end of the day we must have different criteria on what makes a war hero. For a start, my idea of a war hero fights in wars that are justified. Not illegal and morally bankrupt wars.

These soldiers have more in common with Al Qaeda rebels than they do with me.

The fact is phatpackage, if you were an Iraqi, you'd support the 'insurgents' and be against the invading forces. People like you don't think for yourself, you follow nationalistic government lines.

edit on 1-1-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join