It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can celebrate tonight because of our boys overseas... What a crock of total [snip]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow, more liberal back slapping from people to craven to join, or for that matter do anything but sit on their butts and complain. If you wanna bitch about why the troops aren't here securing our border, surely you're aren't stupid enough to think it's their fault? Blame your messiah Obama and the other creatures YOU put into office who have everyone but your interests at heart, not the people brave enough to join, instead of bitching, whining and moaning from the safety of your homes.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree that it's nothing but propaganda and some other things that people would blindly believed in their country. This has been going on for years and people who are sticking with whatever the media says or simply what everyone's words are passing around from what they're believing in, others take it for granted. War is just like a chess game and the soldiers whom say or other people say they are fighting for our country and for their families as well, they're nothing but mere pawns. High rank military personnels giving orders to a soldier. So, what does the soldier do? Follow that order no matter what because it's their duty and that's what they are there for as being a soldier. However, on the other hand the people who decided to become a soldier, a pawn for the government, while they're merely doing what the government pleases them to do, you gotta give them kudos to have the balls to fight in the battlefield. No non-soldier or anyone who has not experience in the battlefield would be able to tell the story of how they survive and not the other soldiers they made friends with. A soldier is a soldier but they're people too.

Btw, I hate how this guy talks about us how we're sitting and talk about things like these. It's funny cause he's doing the same thing. Ironic, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Long live the coalition & all its allies!

Long live the stupidity,ignorance ,non education from people like you
Goverment like people like you
edit on 1-1-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Our 'boys' being overseas has nothing to do with the freedom we have left in the America - they have been duped by the powers that be. Of course I understand the marketing campaign - be a hero and fight for democracy - but that's all it really is, a marketing campaign aimed at stupid kids who aren't even considered old enough to drink.

Damn straight! You summed it right up

The Army commericals I remember seeing early in the last decade when I actually watched TV (i was young and stupid) seemed like action movies that I could go be a part of.

My cousin was in the navy, he stocked vending machines on a ship for 4 years......for pennies....

s&f

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wow, more liberal back slapping from people to craven to join, or for that matter do anything but sit on their butts and complain. If you wanna bitch about why the troops aren't here securing our border, surely you're aren't stupid enough to think it's their fault? Blame your messiah Obama and the other creatures YOU put into office who have everyone but your interests at heart, not the people brave enough to join, instead of bitching, whining and moaning from the safety of your homes.

You said;

liberal back slapping
to(o) craven to join
sit on their butt

You really don't get it do you? This mass think, the pressure to "support our troops" and compulsion to conform is part of the problem.

The troops should be supporting the citizenry and walk away from illegal wars. As tax paying citizens against very expensive wars based on lies, we feel no obligation whatsoever to support suckers getting themselves maimed and killed. They should quit and come back to their families.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

-Henry Kissinger,
National Security Advisor to Nixon, 1973.

The quote is found in “Final Days,” a book by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.

Kissinger has never disputed it.

Yep.

Keep on marching ants.
edit on 1-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A standing army is an army composed of full-time career soldiers who 'stand over', in other words, who do not disband during times of peace. They differ from army reserves who are activated only during such times as war or natural disasters.

In Great Britain, and the British Colonies in America, there was a sentiment of distrust of a standing army not in civilian control. In England, this led to the Bill of Rights 1689 which reserves authority over a standing army to Parliament, not the King, and more nuanced in the United States, led to the U.S. Constitution (Article 1, Section 8) which reserves by virtue of "power of the purse" similar authority to Congress, instead of to the President.

but

The President, however, retains command of the armed forces when they are raised, as commander-in-chief. [1]

en.wikipedia.org...

hmm

The role of commander-in-chief derives from the Latin imperator. Imperatores (commanders-in-chief) of the Roman Republic and Roman Empire possessed imperium (command) powers

hmm, sounds like emperor or empire to me kinda, funny

In its modern usage, the term was first used by King Charles of England in 1639. A nation's head of state usually holds the position of national commander-in-chief, even if effective executive power is held by a separate head of government.

dirty rotten scoundrels!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dialecticchaos77
This thread, like many others, is nothing but an opinionated rant, with nothing to help ATS's mission, and everything to get people riled up. Maybe the admins can create a "Soapbox" forum so people can spout all of their useless drivel,

We already have a "Rant" forum here, and that's exactly where the Mods should move this thread........

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
the sad thing is that when most people are 17 or 18 they will believe what they have been told, the other sad thing is a lot of 17 and 18 year olds do not understand the reality of war, and many think it would be cool to kill some talibans etc... as they dont view them as real people due to the media etc....
you could argue a reason for going to war in afghanistan but any soldier in iraq is just in a country that has never been linked with a single murder or death of any us or uk citezen before the second gulf war.
sadam was against the taliban and al queida but yet the news said they had links to iraq. i suppose they do now but who's fault is that!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
Military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

-Henry Kissinger,
National Security Advisor to Nixon, 1973.

The quote is found in “Final Days,” a book by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.

Kissinger has never disputed it.

Yep.

Keep on marching ants.
edit on 1-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

This is EXACTLY what is going on, and has been for ages untold!

THANK HEAVENS people are beginning to see through the FARCE of "war" and "patriotism" BEHIND it.

EVERY war that has ever been waged, from the dawn of time, save for maybe a handfull, has been because one ruler or group wanted what another one had---PERIOD.

And these rulers figure out clever ways to "sell" these conflicts and "enemies" to the masses, prey upon their ignorance and gullibilty, and send them off to be killed and to kill to achieve their own vested interests!

I would like to say that I am SO encouraged by you guys here on ATS for seeing through this ruse and calling this brainwashing and propaganda out!!! Educate everyone you know about this!

I will encourage my children to NEVER join the military to fight in CORPORATE sponsored wars of greed---EVER. These entities DO NOT CARE about you, nor any of our soldiers---Period. All they are is means to an end, and as Kissinger said 'pawns'.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How do threads like this get so many stars and flags on a conspiracy site when actual conspiracy threads go untouched. Can't people just get along, I thought this would be a place were people would have some respect for each other.
edit on 1-1-2011 by brianjordan because: spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This thread got moved from general conspiracies to the rant pile because a certain moderator wanted to hush it up.

If anyone doesn't think it's a conspiracy to trick kids who aren't even old enough to drink into joining the military based on a pack of lies then they don't understand the point. The only reason they moved this thread is because they don't like the subject matter and are therefore trying to censor it. They have abused their position as a moderator,

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
They watch YOUR shores and YOUR skies daily to try and prevent you from being bombed while driving your children to school.

Wrong, they're nowhere around here, they're overseas watching the corporate interests of a Fascist state and the one single time in recent history that they could have done something they were told to Stand Down by the sitting Vice President and allow America to be attacked.

Does anybody really believe that some cave dwelling nomad without electricity or a running toilet on the other side of the world ordered NORAD to stand down on the United States air defense?

No, it's about money, lies, and propaganda and the sooner we're able to wake up all of these kids who have been tricked into thinking they are doing something for the red, white, and blue the better our chances will be at preserving any liberties that we have left. This world of war thing is an NWO scam from the word go. They used to sell it with religion, and now they sell it with fabricated lies about WMD's and wrap it in a flag so some stupid kid thinks they're saving democracy by getting their face burned off or going to the next family reunion in a nice new body bag.

Oh yeah, three cheers for the red, white, and blue. If anyone really considers themselves a patriot they need to wake these kids up and tell them who's really taking their freedoms away and it definitely isn't some cave dweller with a box cutter.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The only reason they moved this thread is because they don't like the subject matter and are therefore trying to censor it. They have abused their position as a moderator,

welcome to ats

get used to it

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't give a flying BUTTMONKEY about war, I respect our troops because they are doing their job at a time when most people shoot them down with rubbish threads like this, ignoring the fact they they deserve respect.

They are your children, daughters, sons, brothers, sisters, et al.. They are your family...

I raise my glass to them out of respect.

To hell with anyone who says otherwise.

edit on 1/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

The sad part is that we will be raising our glasses anyways because we love our boys overseas, regardless of whether they are

white looking male with a Hispanic sounding name
or

a light skinned black female

We love em regardless, and even though they can't see through the sham, at least , for them, they are fighitng for a good cause. They do not know half the things we have endured for the past months or even years, but to them, they are saving our freedoms, and stopping the taking over of the world. Our boys are good, they ain't bad, nor are they conciously fighitng for the bad cause, so raise a glass for our Brethren in the east, and drink up lads!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
If you wanna bitch about why the troops aren't here securing our border, surely you're aren't stupid enough to think it's their fault? Blame your messiah Obama and the other creatures YOU put into office who have everyone but your interests at heart, not the people brave enough to join, instead of bitching, whining and moaning from the safety of your homes.

No, I think I'll continue to complain all I want. Until the voters wake up and vote collectively in a drastically different direction en mass, we'll be stuck with the status quo 2 party system from here to eternity. Fact of the matter is we have a severe safety issue in Mexico that could really use our help in regaining control. From someone other than, you know, DEA agents anyway. Obviously, the DEA approach has not worked. Now, we have their cartel violence crossing in to the US, and not all the victims are FROM Mexico, either. Not cool. Blowing up Afghan villages, weddings is fine and well-worth our resources, but going in after the scum terrorizing our southwest is not? I'll rant as I please, thank you very much.

Also, remind me what Bush was doing when Mexico was making it apparent they were succumbing to cartels? You can't blame Obama alone, the Mexican violence has been carrying on for years now.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The military is the enforcement division for corporate America. Nothing evidenced this more than the "privatization" of war via Blackwater.

I have reservations about this "support the troops" mantra. It is my believe that we are involved in wars because they are profitable for the Military Industrial Complex, they ensure strategic geographic dominance and are based on the security needs of a foreign state, izrael.

These wars are in fact immoral by almost any standard and I dont see how or why I can or should "support our troops". I support them in their right to refuse immoral and illegal orders. However, I cannot support immorality especially state sponsored widespread murder.

I see similarities to Nazi Germany in that the German people felt a sense of duty and patriotism towards the actions of their government and military when by almost any standard, they were acting immorally. I like to think that we have evolved since then but we still have a long way to go.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
They watch YOUR shores and YOUR skies daily to try and prevent you from being bombed while driving your children to school.

Wrong, they're nowhere around here, they're overseas watching the corporate interests of a Fascist state and the one single time in recent history that they could have done something they were told to Stand Down by the sitting Vice President and allow America to be attacked.

allow America to be attacked.
Well, I have read alot about what happened that day:

They were told to stand down because NORAD was conducting an exercise that same day about the possibility of the WTC being attacked, so the blame isn't on our boys.

Oh yeah, three cheers for the red, white, and blue. If anyone really considers themselves a patriot they need to wake these kids up and tell them who's really taking their freedoms away and it definitely isn't some cave dweller with a box cutter.

Agree with ya there, but our lads in uniform won't be so easy to convince, unless every American family were to go over there themselves and tell them face to face what's going on.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
*CLINK* to the Men in Service...
Sorry we have no idea why your in some of the positions your in.

Not my or your decision.

THANK YOU! *clink*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join