It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can celebrate tonight because of our boys overseas... What a crock of total [snip]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The only soldiers that I will toast for fighting for my freedom, were the soldiers that fought under general Washington. That was the first and last time an american soldier ever fought for my freedom. I will raise a toast to those guys, even though if the word had been invented at the time, those armies would have been painted at terrorists and cowards.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I love it when a pseudo-intellectual confuses "thinking for yourself" and outright cowardice.

American and British forces do have more in common with the jihadists than with you. The difference is a pair of balls.

I hate milk-sopped bread.

It just falls apart and isn't worth a damn to anyone.

edit on 1-1-2011 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

For the record, the three groups named are far more attacked than Muslims on ATS. I wasn't going to list EVERY single group being bashed. Just relax.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I am making a stand. Of my own free will. How is that boot sniffing? Because my opinion differs from others?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

I love it when a pseudo-intellectual confuses "thinking for yourself" and outright cowardice.

American and British forces do have more in common with the jihadists than with you. The difference is a pair of balls.

I hate milk-sopped bread.

It just falls apart and isn't worth a damn to anyone.

edit on 1-1-2011 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

Milk-sopped bread is pretty good for bread and butter pudding, granted you have a few sultanas and an egg at hand...

You're right though, those of us who don't support unjust wars are just limp-wristed cowards! The irony being that your average American supports the war out of absolute fear. Fear of Mozlem radicals. You're still all hiding under your covers at the thought of another 9/11. Infact, without cowardice and fear they'd be no war. The arguments you put to me are no different than those used by Islamic terrorists towards those against their 'Holy War'. It's humorous just how much alike you are. I know if you were born in Afghanistan you'd be living in caves thinking up ways of fighting the infidels

What the Taliban and British, American troops etc have in common is that they're both ipso facto terrorists, by the law of language.

ter·ror·ism
   /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

edit on 1-1-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Those dead dudes were professional soldiers and being a soldier is a hazardous business. What do you want from people who object to wars based on lies? Do you have to have your a$$ IEDed before you can make a stand against war?

So what if these well armed and professional soldiers get killed? They should resign the military and go home to their loved ones. Bush and his crime family, neocons, right wing basterds, zionists, and the rest of these war hungry and red faced maniacs should be put in uniform and deployed in IED country.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I haven't met a soldier in either the British or Australian army who hasn't joined in the last decade to kill 'pakis' and 'ragheads'

Really? Well I have members of my family who have served in the British forces & others who are currently serving in The Australian armed forces & I can tell now they have never mentioned the racial terms you have claimed above & joined to serve their country & are far from being racist! They married people of different races! Debunked you there!. Seems like you do not actually know many service men & women at all! By the way you are the one brandishing those "race/religion" hatred terms not me, so what does that say about you!

Actually I have, but they've always been Fijians. Everyone else in these armys are bigots and racists. That's the truth.

So everyone except Fijians in the forces are bigots & racists? look above debunked that one! It ain't no truth!

The fact is phatpackage, if you were an Iraqi, you'd support the 'insurgents' and be against the invading forces.

yeah you are right! That is because I am loyal to where I come from and our Allies!. I'm on the coalition side you yes I am proud of the troops effort & will defend them to the hilt!

People like you don't think for yourself, you follow nationalistic government lines.

Really! "people like you" Now that's a little judgmental, Ok but I am the most free thinking individual individual you are ever likely to encounter - Don't care what you say! Now that is a fact. I fully support the troops & all the Allies, they are war heroes & I am respectful & grateful for their efforts!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What the Taliban and British, American troops etc have in common is that they're both ipso facto terrorists, by the law of language.

Now that is a pretty low & cheap shot at the troops! Relating it to the thread title the troops (past & present) are all heroes! Who cares what you think about unjust wars ....... Fact is they are just & that's the truth. The people are all heroes & should be treated accordingly. The very fact you can wrongly call them terrorists is not only a disgrace but is testament they are fighting for your freedom from the Muslim extremist who would never allow you to voice your opinion. To the troops, Thank You & respect! I'm pretty sure they don't care what the likes of you think or say about them!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Really? Well I have members of my family who have served in the British forces & others who are currently serving in The Australian armed forces & I can tell now they have never mentioned the racial terms you have claimed above & joined to serve their country & are far from being racist! They married people of different races! Debunked you there!. Seems like you do not actually know many service men & women at all! By the way you are the one brandishing those "race/religion" hatred terms not me, so what does that say about you!

It says that I have real world experience and you have some family members who are exceptions to the rule.

So everyone except Fijians in the forces are bigots & racists? look above debunked that one! It ain't no truth!

Everyone I've met, yes. You've debunked nothing. Most soldiers are out and out bigots. ESPECIALLY in the Australian army!

yeah you are right! That is because I am loyal to where I come from and our Allies!. I'm on the coalition side you yes I am proud of the troops effort & will defend them to the hilt!

If these men actually "believe" in what they are doing then they are deluded fools. As are you. If not for these wars we would be more free, have a stronger armed forces, lower state spending and have more Brits and foreign people alive!

You aren't loyal to where you're from. You're a traitor to your nations sovereignty. Supporting a government that pisses away its own freedom and bows at the feet of the British Monarcy. Call yourself a patriot? Ha!

Over 100,000 civilians dead, that's troop effort for you. And you're partly to blame for supporting this farcical war. How you sleep at night is beyond me.

Really! "people like you" Now that's a little judgmental, Ok but I am the most free thinking individual individual you are ever likely to encounter - Don't care what you say! Now that is a fact. I fully support the troops & all the Allies, they are war heroes & I am respectful & grateful for their efforts!

LMAO, were you listening to Land of Hope & Glory while typing this ad hominem drivel?

Soldiers cannot be called heroes if they take part in illegal wars. The true heroes are those that recognise the illegality and refuse to participate in the death and injury of innocent people and the destruction of their countries. There is nothing heroic about picking up a gun and fighting for the state. Only a fool would idolise these contract killers.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Now that is a pretty low & cheap shot at the troops! Relating it to the thread title the troops (past & present) are all heroes! Who cares what you think about unjust wars ....... Fact is they are just & that's the truth. The people are all heroes & should be treated accordingly. The very fact you can wrongly call them terrorists is not only a disgrace but is testament they are fighting for your freedom from the Muslim extremist who would never allow you to voice your opinion. To the troops, Thank You & respect! I'm pretty sure they don't care what the likes of you think or say about them!

Are North Korean soldiers heroes? What about enemy soldiers, are they heroes? Using your argument, the Nazis who were convicted of war crimes should all have been released. Or are soldiers only heroes when fighting for our government?

What about US armed forces at Me Lei, fighting for country and government, led by Lt Calley. They massacred the women and children of that named village. F*cking heroes they were, ay?

Your pro-soldier rhetoric is enough to make one physically sick. But lets play ball, if you disagree with the dictionary definition of terrorism, we can argue semantics. So far all you provide is rhetoric. Tell me what a terrorist is. Give me a definition.

Lets thank all these chav soldiers for defending my freedom of speech! I don't know where you've been, but WWII ended in 1945, Britain hasn't been legitimately threatened since that time. More of my freedoms have been stolen from me in the name of preventing terrorism, than from actual external forces.

You're yet again another case of a pro-war, pro-soldier, being afraid of terrorists and radical Islam. The irony, as alluded to earlier, is marvelous. Don't be scared little one

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You've debunked nothing

I certainly have read em' and weep!

ESPECIALLY in the Australian army!

Really now you are racist towards Australian Diggers Hmmmmmmmm! maybe the mods should see that ... But anyway I'm not a dobber!

If these men actually "believe" in what they are doing then they are deluded fools. As are you.

Aw Jeez using personal attacks because you are losing the debate! These are great people, heroes! Delusional lol lol lol. You won't get me to snap because my argument is solid no matter what you say! The troops deserve our respect not to be ridiculed!

You aren't loyal to where you're from. You're a traitor to your nations sovereignty. Supporting a government that pisses away its own freedom and bows at the feet of the British Monarcy. Call yourself a patriot? Ha!

Laugh all you want! I am a patriot to my country & I'm half British so I support the monarchy as well! Traitor, well thats pretty stupid I support my country, the troops & the government. Only in your mind is this being a traitor lol lol. At least I do not have to resort to profanity in my posts! Just shows how limited your vocabulary actually is!

How you sleep at night is beyond me.

i'll bet I sleep a lot better than you! My conscience is clear!

LMAO, were you listening to Land of Hope & Glory while typing this ad hominem drivel?

I was also listening to "Advance Australia Fair", "God save the Queen" & "Waltzing matilda" lol lol

There is nothing heroic about picking up a gun and fighting for the state. Only a fool would idolise these contract killers.

Contract killers? Hmmm "clutching at straws" there you have been thoroughly debunked! Hmmmm what now more racial abuse & personal attacks! Totally irrelevant to the thread!
edit on 1-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I don't think I've ever listened to anyone so completely wrong.

No, if I were born in Afghanistan, I wouldn't be sitting in a cave planning what is basically murder.

But I have zero problem exterminating those who would attack the weak, the faltering, the defenseless, and as much as I hate the idea - yes, even the gutless stupid.

No one ever figures to be really good at combat. No one can test or anticipate those who seem to have a knack for efficiency in combat.

One can want to be a soldier, or just find oneself a soldier, but no way to actually realize your talents until it's an accomplished task.

But I do respect all those who take their turn on the walls, and yes, the far-archers. They do things others can't do.

They get their hands dirty for those without any redeeming qualities whatsoever - can't bring themselves to do.

Don't worry. None of us who would stand firm would EVER want anyone of your ilk anywhere near us. We must have folks who have guts, who can stand, and will be there at your shoulder no matter how bad it gets.

In combat, a man can do more living in 30 minutes than the gutless can do their entire lives.

And if you survive it - forevermore, every breath is sweet as it is borrowed. Provided you by the exertions and sacrifice of your brothers.

Another thing you'd never know anything about.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Really now you are racist towards Australian Diggers Hmmmmmmmm! maybe the mods should see that ... But anyway I'm not a dobber!

I'm referring to Australians as a nationality, a culture. You aren't a race, unless we're talking about the indigenous, which we aren't.

Aw Jeez using personal attacks because you are losing the debate! These are great people, heroes! Delusional lol lol lol. You won't get me to snap because my argument is solid no matter what you say! The troops deserve our respect not to be ridiculed!

What argument, I'm still waiting for you to put one forward. So far you've yet to make any form or valid argument. You're using circular reasoning.

Laugh all you want! I am a patriot to my country & I'm half British so I support the monarchy as well! Traitor, well thats pretty stupid I support my country, the troops & the government. Only in your mind is this being a traitor lol lol. At least I do not have to resort to profanity in my posts! Just shows how limited your vocabulary actually is!

Who told you that British people support the Monarchy? Maybe in the home bloody counties!

You don't support your country. You support the elite, who go against everything Australia stands for. But that's saying a bit much, considering Australia has never really stood for anything. Was founded on atrocities, so maybe you are just keeping with the countries tradition.

As for profanities and vocabulary, that's a falacious argument. Most people I know who swear have the widest vocabularies. And most people I know against swearing have limited vocabularies, and are really rather dim.

i'll bet I sleep a lot better than you! My conscience is clear!

You probably do. But lets not confuse a clear conscience with a lack of a conscience.

Contract killers? Hmmm "clutching at straws" there you have been thoroughly debunked! Hmmmm what now more racial abuse & personal attacks! Totally irrelevant to the thread!
edit on 1-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Do not libel me, I've done no such thing as make racist comments. The only person here who seems to be linking character with the validity of ones argument is you. You've debunked nothing.

I'm still waiting for an argument in favour of soldiers being heroes. Still.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Are North Korean soldiers heroes? What about enemy soldiers,

I suppose in their country they are heroes! To the other side well ....... you know "one mans war hero ......" I am entitled to choose a side! Don't care what you say lol lol

F*cking heroes they were, ay?

More profanity! What can I say!

More of my freedoms have been stolen from me in the name of preventing terrorism, than from actual external forces.

Well maybe you need to talk the extremist muslims (Note I did not say moderate or non practicing) who have forced the hands of government around the world to react. It is called "Barking up the wrong tree".

Don't be scared little one

Aw Shucks getting physical now! Truth be told I ain't that little!!!!!!!!!! It's getting really old how about you get back to thread, don't blame governments or "Illegal war" jazz & talk about the troops as individuals & not in racist terms or using profanity.

Despite what you say they are not on the whole sheep, they are not deluded, they are not bigots and they are not racists! You continually paint them as a whole with the same brush. Some might be guilty of what you say but the majority are not & to say so is discrimination! Respect & gratitude for their efforts - True War Heroes!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

I don't think I've ever listened to anyone so completely wrong.

No, if I were born in Afghanistan, I wouldn't be sitting in a cave planning what is basically murder.

But I have zero problem exterminating those who would attack the weak, the faltering, the defenseless, and as much as I hate the idea - yes, even the gutless stupid.

No one ever figures to be really good at combat. No one can test or anticipate those who seem to have a knack for efficiency in combat.

One can want to be a soldier, or just find oneself a soldier, but no way to actually realize your talents until it's an accomplished task.

But I do respect all those who take their turn on the walls, and yes, the far-archers. They do things others can't do.

They get their hands dirty for those without any redeeming qualities whatsoever - can't bring themselves to do.

Don't worry. None of us who would stand firm would EVER want anyone of your ilk anywhere near us. We must have folks who have guts, who can stand, and will be there at your shoulder no matter how bad it gets.

In combat, a man can do more living in 30 minutes than the gutless can do their entire lives.

And if you survive it - forevermore, every breath is sweet as it is borrowed. Provided you by the exertions and sacrifice of your brothers.

Another thing you'd never know anything about.

People join the army because they choose to join the army. Only the deluded would argue they act against their own wishes in order to do everybody else a favour.

All your rhetoric is just that, rhetoric. There's no substance to anything you've said. Your words would be better suited cut up into single sentences and submitted to a pro-war Quotation page.
edit on 2-1-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You have come in late on the thread! Read the earlier posts it's all there! I ain't gonna hold your hand!

Just watching you hang yourself with massive breaches of the ATS T&C with regards to personal attacks, profanity & discriminating words against Australians! I don't have to report you they see it all! lol lol lol

All this because I have a different opinion to you!
edit on 2-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I suppose in their country they are heroes! To the other side well ....... you know "one mans war hero ......" I am entitled to choose a side! Don't care what you say lol lol

Exactly right, in their country they're heroes and patriots. And if you were born in North Korea you'd pick their 'side'.

More profanity! What can I say!

Profane in your opinion. In most adults opinions there is nothing rude or 'naughty' about the word in question. We're adults, not children.

Well maybe you need to talk the extremist muslims (Note I did not say moderate or non practicing) who have forced the hands of government around the world to react. It is called "Barking up the wrong tree".

I do talk about extremist Muslims. Go check my post history, in several threads I've been accused of being a bigot for my Anti-Islamic views. But there's a right way and a wrong way to deal with things.

Bombing the hell out of the extremists, and in the process killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, doesn't do much good. Infact it radicalises the moderates and draws people to the Taliban, people who might not agree with their ideology, but have lost family and land in the conflict.

The way to defeat Islamic terrorists is to support internal Democratic processes, and let them deal with it. To defend our nations from within, on home soil.

But this isn't a war about Religion, it's a war about oil, opium and regional control. Imperialism, basically.

Aw Shucks getting physical now! Truth be told I ain't that little!!!!!!!!!! It's getting really old how about you get back to thread, don't blame governments or "Illegal war" jazz & talk about the troops as individuals & not in racist terms or using profanity.

I wasn't getting physical, you misunderstood me. I was alluding to your child like fear of the Moslem boogymen. I'll ask you one last time not to libel me regarding the racist claims. I will report your next accusation unless you provide evidence.

The bottom line is this; Anybody who signs up does so in the full knowledge that they'll be used by the elite to oppress the people of Afghanistan in an unwanted(majority of the world including Australia is against it, how's that for protecting your country?) and illegal war.

They're not individuals. They're part of the collective. Directly and indirectly supporting the death of thousands. What is there to respect?

Despite what you say they are not on the whole sheep, they are not deluded, they are not bigots and they are not racists! You continually paint them as a whole with the same brush. Some might be guilty of what you say but the majority are not & to say so is discrimination! Respect & gratitude for their efforts - True War Heroes!

Kissinger, probably one of your many heroes, would disagree with you.

Generalisations, regardless of how vulgar they may be, are some times true. These people are bigots. If they weren't bigots they wouldn't be in the army. They'd go AWOL.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Oh, it's quite clear that your grasp of the military, it's tasks, it's people, and their values is way over your head.

If this is a representation of folks from Australia, I do hope we ignore that ****hole next time around.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

You have come in late on the thread! Read the earlier posts it's all there! I ain't gonna hold your hand!

Just watching you hang yourself with massive breaches of the ATS T&C with regards to personal attacks, profanity & discriminating words against Australians! I don't have to report you they see it all! lol lol lol

All this because I have a different opinion to you!
edit on 2-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

You're guilty of personal attacks. The primary difference is I don't cry Mummy when getting my behind kicked in a debate. Insults are subjective to offense.

For someone championing free speech it's all rather amusing. 'discriminating words against Australians!'. In Australia you'd be considered precious. You do more whinging than a Pom

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

NadaCambia is from the UK not Australia!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join