It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Preparing to Invade South Korean Island[s]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
or this will be remembered as the "virtual war" and will last 4 days.

day 1: NK attacks (mild)
day 2: SK responds (hard)
day 3: NK surrenders to Russia (hat trick)
day 4: Russia and China take control of NK and send troops as UN peace force.

Game over - Insert coin

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If NK attacked or invaded SK, or war broke out for any reason, the United States would not deploy a large ground force in the Korean Peninsula, aside from the troops and equipment we already have in place in SK and Japan.

It is the US Navy, US Airforce, and to a lesser extent, US Marines working alongside the Navy that would be most present in the hypothetical conflict. Of course the entire region would have as much anti-ballistic missile technology present possible, and SK/Japan's ground to air defenses are only rivaled by Israel for such small countries. Our commitment to aiding the SK's militarily is much stronger than the one we have with Israel as well, keep that in mind when considering the US's role in a future hypothetical conflict.

China would take care not to get too overtly involved as to avoid causing war or aggressions between China and the USA, but they would covertly help the NK's, sneaking you-name-it over their border, any weapons, any soldiers, food, etc.

NK would take pot shots at Japan and SK, as well as any island territories the USA owns within range of their longest range missiles at the time of conflict. If Great Britain stayed out of it, they might leave Australia alone. If Australia allows the USA to dock and supply their Navy there I'm sure NK would be aiming for Australia as well. They'd likely launch these missiles early on in the conflict, as soon as it begins, to get them all off the ground before the USA had more time to prepare or more importantly, have more time to take out their missiles silos.

The #1 question on everyones mind should be this: Do you think NK is crazy enough to put biological, chemical, or "simple" nuclear warheads on those ballistic missiles that they'd be shooting at SK & Japan, possibly Australia and any US sites within range (Guam maybe? Hope Hawaii is out of range, I also hope no one lives in the Aleutian islands), as well as British owned islands and bases within range. This would be devastating, but fearing an eventual overthrow of their system, they just might use their most destructive weapons possible.

As a country with most of our "good" ground forces already strained and deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, we really do not need this right now! I think we would be successful, but we will have a tougher time with NK if we are forced to engage them in a support role rather than taking the lead against them which we'd have the means to do with boots on the ground if our troops weren't all over Western & South Central Asia.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I Wish North Korea would do something stupid, coz the world will just tak them out and then all we have to remember them by is TEAM AMERICA TEAM AMERICA. God i love that film!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In so many ways I would like for the US to engage NK. As hard as this next point is to digest I would also like to see very heavy US casualties. Why? Well the US needs to take a step back and realize that she doesn't govern this planet. I don't realistically want to see people die, war is stupid & senseless and a no win situation. However many here seem to be fueled with the thought that the US should prevail regardless. What's good to see is that the US is already imploding from the inside, she is a ticking time bomb ready to explode in ways we have never seen or imagined. Her own rampant greed and corruption will be her demise outside the battlefront. Again this is needed to introduce her citizens to a dose of reality and more importantly to recognize she isn't the only one that matters. I like americans, they are decent people just many are seriously deluded, arrogant and self-indulgent. The rest of the world has her problems too.

brill

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I think its arrogant to say that North Koreans are completely closed off and say that offering them flat screen TVs and LOST will be awhole new world for them. Yes compared to the western society they seem that way, but many North Koreans watch South Korean TV Dramas and movies through illegally copied DVDs from china and alot of their citizens know whats goin on (you can tell by the way the people try to chase the latest fashion trends from south, and their fixation for mdoern electronics and etc)

They must act accordingly to look propgandized, if you know what i mean, to ... well not get killed lol.

Being a Korean American who frequents Korea (and yes i have been to North, Via Mt. Kumgang Tourism) I know this very well.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cycondra

I can guarantee you the SKorean soldiers are ready to go, maybe not the civilians, but the soldiers are. They react like any other soldier who's country is being attacked for no reason, they want to fight. Especially when they have already killed soldiers. Im a peace believer, but how can you get peace on this Earth without getting rid of pest's like N Korea who brainwash their whole part of the peninsula and are nothing but trouble? We sit back and wait for them to get more weapons then they have now? No, I believe if not only the U.S and S Korea went in, but China as well sent a large amount of troops in, then we could get this thing over with fairly quickly.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Although i'm generally for "avoid war at all costs" attitude most of the time, having watched this
situation drag on long enough, i can honestly say many Koreans feel this way too.
I have many friends actively in the Korean military right now, who feel the same way, rather than wait until
Kim Jong Il finally dies off and wait until there is internal breakdown in the North, many military officials
and higher authorities feel that perhaps if North sucker punches again, all hell will break loose, and they are all geared up for it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

This may be somewhat true about some people living in the United States, but when it comes down to it America is one of the few countries who seems to get involved with many things all around the world. Now sometimes this isn't the best thing, but sometimes it's good, because America is helping people. With the case of S Korea, we are supplying them with the weapons to defend themselves against their enemy. This is for the good of the world. Getting rid of N Korea is the best for the whole world, because anybody neighboring is in danger from the mentally retarded leaders they have. No compassion for anything, anyone, and not even their own people.

This would be one next step towards future world peace. Sure, America isn't doing too well right now, and sure some Americans are greedy, ungrateful, selfish etc. Yet, isn't this whole world like that? I just don't understand why that stereotype is being played all the time against Americans, when I have seen and spoken to many ignorant, selfish, rude people who are from different countries. We are all human beings, and every human being is going to have the ability to possess these traits.

Me on the other hand, I love this Universe, this Earth and every thing/creature on it, and I love existence itself. I recognize America's problems, they are pretty clear to see. Yet, it seems nobody else every recognizes that every country goes through times when they are in trouble. People get more uptight because the whole country is not headed the right path, this is being shown in parts of Europe. I agree with one thing, I believe EVERY human should be grateful, care for the next person down the line, and respect everything in existence and love and care for the planet. No matter what nationality/beliefs/religions etc.

Not hope that the U.S recieves heavy casualties because they need to "wake up" to reality. Because i'll tell you one thing, im totally aware of the true reality, im American, and I plan shortly here of joining the Army and attempting to become a Ranger. There are plenty of soldiers, who are generally nice, intelligent guys who would just be defending their country. Yet, you pretty much hope for them to recieve heavy casualties, whether that'd be him or me. Show's your ignorance.
edit on 31-12-2010 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

That what I was kinda getting at Blue Jay33. I don't see where UN has Jurisdiction or ever had for that matter.
I just went through the resolution for the era here.
Un resolutions text
They go on and on about NK for 5 or 6 resolutions. And then the Taiwan Incident, then resolution 90 and the North Korean Issue is literally swept off the table. Mister
resolution 90

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i can easily see this as the Third World War. WWIII. we will have to help SK china will help NK. and russia will probably help NK too. so it all depends on Japan.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Are you serious? I've spent my entire life in Canada

Then act like it.

Originally posted by elevatedmind

I think its arrogant to say that North Koreans are completely closed off and say that offering them flat screen TVs and LOST will be awhole new world for them. Yes compared to the western society they seem that way, but many North Koreans watch South Korean TV Dramas and movies through illegally copied DVDs from china and alot of their citizens know whats goin on (you can tell by the way the people try to chase the latest fashion trends from south, and their fixation for mdoern electronics and etc)

They must act accordingly to look propgandized, if you know what i mean, to ... well not get killed lol.

Being a Korean American who frequents Korea (and yes i have been to North, Via Mt. Kumgang Tourism) I know this very well.

Hey great reply man thanks

I have a few friends here in Calgary from SK and my good friend is teaching...
Well, he was. He taught there for 8 years.. got caught some very VERY small amount of pot and was forced to leave country... there would have been a harsh penalty but they took into account his deeds for the SK children for almost a decade.
edit on 31-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I seriously don't know how you all can follow this so closely...paying attention to NK's and SK's continuous war threats and stupid games makes my eyelids twitch

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Then act like it.

I wasn't aware there was a set way for Canadians to act.
edit on 31-12-2010 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Wow ATS Members calling for war agaisnt North Korea Whats Next calling for war agaisnt China or Russia?
you guys at least few of you are totally clueless on the region are you now.

If america takes north Korea, they will take over china as well, you don't think they would do that? they will.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

I think china will "Allow" america to tame the spoils of their side of the world. I do not think america is dumb enough to think we can take china, that would be a definate call for world war. I Think you are maybe also on ats to much, the remark usa takes china is so far fetched and unreasonable to even think.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by randomname
n. korea has an almost infinite supply line from the north coming from china that will be impossible to blockade without having the chinese intervene militarily.

LOL.

NK will get "supplies" from China but who are these "supplies" going to? NK troops on the front-lines?
Sure, if anyone is their to receive them.

I'd LOVE to take in a few North Koreas to Canada and show them the real world

I bet they'd love flat screen TV's, full access internet and.. LOST

The best way to wage war against the north would be to carpet bomb them with luxerys and western propaganda. some magazines of what the world is like outside of north korea, some mini dvd players with loads of movies and batterys, etc...make the people start questioning the brainwashing the government has been feeding them for decades now..chances are, a civil war will erupt..soldiers abandoning posts in favor of a south korea style government, etc.

That'd be the Reagan-era type of psychological warfare... BUT China now is in a WAY better position to do that than the US/NATO. As you might notice, most consumer goods and entertainment products come from the great corporate factory that China has become. It's in China that you can find the coolest, rarest gadgets at low cost, and the best film/music bootlegs as well... so why would NK need the US when they have a better consumer products and tech provider in their own neighborhood?

The very idea that NATO is warmongering these days is a proof that they ran out of non-militaristic solutions.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

YEah yeAH we've heard all of this before... North Korea is nothing but a pompous, looney tunes little country, run by Elmer Fudd...

As for the latest in the North Korean tall tales, this sits right up their with the rest of them. Keep em comin, any more creativity left?

On a serious note; North Korea won't do anything first, they talk all this talk, but if you watch how they work, they are very careful NOT to do anything too provacative, they have a fine line that they make SURE not to cross...

The only thing they can do is make an error in their judgement that would put them in a position to have to back up their actions, which even then would amount to nothing... To get any sort of reaction from the world they would actually have to outright bomb South Korea DIRECTLY, or march right in and start shooting, and even then it would be hard to get anyone to react...

That's how scared this world is of conflict now. Deterrent is the word of the new era.

Forcing a war is a tired old theme now, it's been done, and it's not likely to happen again so frivolously.
edit on 12/31/2010 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A small tactical nuke on Kim's palace should fix things up quick smart!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Seems to me that NK are perfectly entitled to have wargames in their own territory especially when you consider all the US and SK provocation in the area. When the NK start doing exercises off of California then there's something to talk about.

I don't see NK having 'unlimited' supply lines from China either as a previous poster suggested. China is soooooo over it's alliance with NK. China would happily see Korea unified under southern control because it would mean a bigger Market to sell lead painted toys and poisoned milk to.

The NK military would quickly crumble in the event of open war so that's why they would be more likely to become the second evil state in known history to use nuclear weapons in anger.

Anyway it ain't gonna happen yet. That conflict is timetabled for after the Iran, Yemen and Pakistan conflicts have been wrung of all possible profit.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Are you serious? I've spent my entire life in Canada

Then act like it.

I have a few friends here in Calgary from SK and my good friend is teaching...

Really, you want to tell me how to act like a Canadian?

I'm a British Columbia, you're Albertan. My liberal BC ideals are as relevant as your conservative Albertan views (and I know Albertans well, I even worked there during the oil years). I'm advocating negotiation, you're advocating assimilating the North Koreans into Western culture that has already engulfed South Korea, which is probably the main reason why they are not already reunited.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The nuclear threat aside, NK is the sole theater in the world that would resemble a 20th century conflict b/c NK basically has a 1960s/1970s military arsenal and fighting strategy. The problem with a potential conflict is that it would very well take a week or two before the major response could be issued and by that time Seoul would be severely damaged. SK has the capability of dealing with NK without our assistance- and I doubt in this era of globalization that an emergent China would try to augment NK in a war of agression against SK, a major Chinese trading partner. If anything an NK war of agression would be a needless dying gasp of air of this doomed and failed state.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join