It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Preparing to Invade South Korean Island[s]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
it is now considered crazy if you wish to live out in the bush, away from technology. Apparently this technological mind control crap is a part of being Canadian,

Says the guy on the internet...

In my level of experience, I've realized that there are two sides to modern Western technology. One one hand, it is used extensively by corporations to exploit uneducated masses through brainwashing for profit (look at pop music or mainstream movies which are designed for as the lowest-common denominator for general consumption), and then there are the few who use technology to the best of its capability, for the best of our capability. I am of the latter.

No wonder why North Korea is a strong nationalist country.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Before jumping to conclusions about going over there kickin butt....lets look at the strategic basics.

First: China would not permit supply lines for NK through China borders. China is full aware that this would be a prelude to war with surrounding countries. Not saying China can't fight, but its not in their profitable interest to do so.

Second: Though SK is practically on an " island ", they would have substantial supply lines, whether provided by US, or other allies.

Third: Much like the Battle of Bastogne, NK won't have enough supplies to last the through the first 72 hours. With Munition being dropped at strategic points " of interest ", the NK soldiers would ultimately be cut off.

Fourthly: Not to mention, that were NK's would be " dug " in, it would be open season, ... a turkey shoot if you will, with pin point accurate shelling.

The last and final blow would be more along the lines of morale. NK's would most likely defect to their southern neighbors once they saw the devastation.

I commend those who wish to " fight the good fight ", but in all honesty, what happens to NK and SK shouldnt really pertain to the US. The US ( though they think they are ) aren't the global police.

That's just my take on it?
edit on 30-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Dont forget they ar technically still at war with each other, and because of that UN resolution there are about 16 other countries, including some european nations, who would also be obligated to assit S. Korea.

I think the extent of Chinese involvement would be some flowers and a card that reads we told you not to throw a temper tantrum.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Before jumping to conclusions about going over there kickin butt....lets look at the strategic basics.

First: China would not permit supply lines for NK through China borders. China is full aware that this would be a prelude to war with surrounding countries. Not saying China can't fight, but its not in their profitable interest to do so.

Second: Though SK is practically on an " island ", they would have substantial supply lines, whether provided by US, or other allies.

Third: Much like the Battle of Bastogne, NK won't have enough supplies to last the through the first 72 hours. With Munition being dropped at strategic points " of interest ", the NK soldiers would ultimately be cut off.

Fourthly: Not to mention, that were NK's would be " dug " in, it would be open season, ... a turkey shoot if you will, with pin point accurate shelling.

The last and final blow would be more along the lines of morale. NK's would most likely defect to their southern neighbors once they saw the devastation.

I commend those who wish to " fight the good fight ", but in all honesty, what happens to NK and SK shouldnt really pertain to the US. The US ( though they think they are ) aren't the global police.

That's just my take on it?
edit on 30-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Dont forget they ar technically still at war with each other, and because of that UN resolution there are about 16 other countries, including some european nations, who would also be obligated to assit S. Korea.

I think the extent of Chinese involvement would be some flowers and a card that reads we told you not to throw a temper tantrum.

So you're saying that the EU will join in to help fight with South Korea? I wonder what the European people will think of this, supporting a cold war-style proxy war which was initially a big deal to get involved in to halt the spread of communism. Think they will riot this too?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

No idea what they will do. I was just pointing out that they are technically still obligated to defend S. Korea.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Which is why I made the comment that SK's supply lines would be substantial. SK wouldn't have to worry about supplies, and focus on the problem at hand. Either way though, who really wins?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

it is now considered crazy if you wish to live out in the bush, away from technology. Apparently this technological mind control crap is a part of being Canadian,

FTW

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

Which is why I made the comment that SK's supply lines would be substantial. SK wouldn't have to worry about supplies, and focus on the problem at hand. Either way though, who really wins?

short term, no one....

long term, everyone...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If america takes north Korea, they will take over china as well, you don't think they would do that? they will.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

No chance. Thats like saying if America takes over Iraq, they will take over russia also...

nonsense.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

I wonder if NK knows how they are viewed in the world eye

North Korea claimed the United States used Biological Warfare on them in the Korean War.

The World banned Chemical/Biological Weapons with the Chemical Weapon Convention.

The United States failed to destroy it's weapon stockpile by the time frame in the Treaty.
We asked for a 5 year extension.

We failed to destroy our weapon stockpile by the end of the 5 year extension.

We just asked for another 5 year extension. We also just told the Convention we refuse to cease making banned Biological Agents. We also just notified the Convention we WILL NOT destroy our weapon stockpile by the end of the 2nd extension they've granted us.

Go to the Chemical Weapon Convention Website and start reading.

AMERICANS have no idea what the world thinks of them over this.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Maybe the strongest bad a##es on the planet? ( sarcastically speaking )

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

In my level of experience, I've realized that there are two sides to modern Western technology. One one hand, it is used extensively by corporations to exploit uneducated masses through brainwashing for profit (look at pop music or mainstream movies which are designed for as the lowest-common denominator for general consumption),
Aka, marketing...yes, its been going on since the first caveman wanted to trade shiny rocks for meat. Corporatism fuels innovation. the two coexist.
Do you honestly think north korea is not equally as interested in fluff as western nations? Just because they have no access to the modern day conveniences does not mean they make do with whatever they can. They have the town gossip, the wearing the finest and latest rice sack clothes, etc...people are the same no matter where you go.

Yummy north korean fast food:

Crappy movies:

World of Northcraft generation:

Basically, the people of NK are not desiring to be backwards living cavemen, they are wanting a western style living, with video games, celeb sex video slips, hamburgers and french fries, and all the stuff you are currently cursing. The issue is not a philosophy of the people, its the iron fist of the insane ruler using food as a bartering tool on the people.

and then there are the few who use technology to the best of its capability, for the best of our capability. I am of the latter.
I assume you built your own computer, right down to the component level...or did you fall sucker to the corporate tool agenda and simply go buy a ready made one...I also assume you have created your own infrustructure, launched a personal satellite, and have designed an antenna to get online...or did you do the corporate tool thing and simply subscribe to a big ISP.
I bet you probably have a cell phone and a subscription from a major carrier.

Ya...its only good technology if you personally deem it worthy...but for someone whom enjoys learning fashion or music, well..that is a big waste of time and resources.

Because the dictator demands it.
edit on 30-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

AMERICANS have no idea what the world thinks of them over this.

replace the word "idea" with "care" and that statement is accurate.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

YEAh right in the meantime here in Oregon I've been living within 50 miles of 1 of a few weapons disposal facilities that have been for the past 8 years or so burning up literally hundreds of tons-tones of WW-I WW-II and newer chemical weapons stockpiles.

I'm sure the air I've breathed during this so far wasn't the best.....

Oregon chemical weapons disposal company fined

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The state of Oregon has fined the operator of the Umatilla Chemical Depot weapons disposal facility $41,600 for permit violations.

The Washington Demilitarization Co. operates the incineration facility at the depot to destroy aging stockpiles of chemical weapons dating from the Cold War era.

The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality said Thursday the company agreed to pay the fines and take steps to ensure compliance with its hazardous waste treatment facility permit after two violations.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Western Pacific to see 3 US aircraft carriers

I have no time for this, just secure the nukes asap, the middle east is waiting.. and of course 2011.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

remember with war, the civillians and brainwashed soldiers (on both sides) die in much greater numbers than the people who send them to war.
maybe obama and co should join in and fight in the frontline like in the olden days when the kings used to get involved or even like prince harry grandson of the queen of england does now.

would love to see david cameron driving a tank around helmand province, then i might start supporting these wars, but until then i will stick to my war is bad motto.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Interesting news...

This could be mere propaganda or, likely, a non story. We need to more sources before jumping to conclusions. Invading the Island would be an act of war (even though the two nations are still, technically, at war)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

In my level of experience, I've realized that there are two sides to modern Western technology. One one hand, it is used extensively by corporations to exploit uneducated masses through brainwashing for profit (look at pop music or mainstream movies which are designed for as the lowest-common denominator for general consumption), and then there are the few who use technology to the best of its capability, for the best of our capability. I am of the latter.

However, you sound more like someone who (still) loves to quote from the communist manifesto ... Sorry for you, but the days when that was relevant (if it ever really was) have slipped into history.

Nationalist nation? Wrong. DPRK is a case where the government is using lack of food and fuel to exploit the masses to do its bidding, and using a few nuclear weapons to try and blackmail appeaser nations into giving it the concessions and aid it wants in order to survive as the nation it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

However, you sound more like someone who (still) loves to quote from the communist manifesto ... Sorry for you, but the days when that was relevant (if it ever really was) have slipped into history.

When have I quoted the communist manifesto?

I've mentioned some things from memory that Lenin theorized about imperialism and revolution, but I've never quoted anything directly. He also has literally hundreds of publishings, the communist manifesto being just a basic pamphlet of communist ideology.

Nationalist nation? Wrong. DPRK is a case where the government is using lack of food and fuel to exploit the masses to do its bidding, and using a few nuclear weapons to try and blackmail appeaser nations into giving it the concessions and aid it wants in order to survive as the nation it is.

Yes, according to Western propaganda that twists reality into the complete opposite. Do you even know what nationalism means?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by randomname

Good, i'd love to get drafted and get rid of them
finish the war they never let my grandfather finish..
I'd be honored to war against North Korea!!
edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Very profound words. If only you knew how horrible a war with in the DPRK will become...

200,000 special force troops alone in the DPRK. That's the largest SF contingent in the world. These are highly trained and hardened soldiers built to decimate regularly trained enemy soldiers, both physically and psychologically.

You better be prepared.

and those 200,000 hardened soldiers are worth next to nothing, would be slaughtered by fat american kids sipping mountain dew while they remote control drone strike like a video game

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Why don't you reply to what saturn fx has wrote

Dzengalshlevi I assume you built your own computer, right down to the component level...or did you fall sucker to the corporate tool agenda and simply go buy a ready made one...I also assume you have created your own infrustructure, launched a personal satellite, and have designed an antenna to get online...or did you do the corporate tool thing and simply subscribe to a big ISP.
Dzengalshlevi I bet you probably have a cell phone and a subscription from a major carrier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join