It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Preparing to Invade South Korean Island[s]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

First thing I was taught was the concept
of time, first thing I did when I could walk was learn bush survival.

What kind of *bush* are we talking about????

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

First thing I was taught was the concept
of time, first thing I did when I could walk was learn bush survival.

What kind of *bush* are we talking about????

The kind where you leave civilization and you are at the mercy of the ground, the wind, water, fire and other animals.

But I digress. It's getting off topic from the Korea discussion...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A friends Korean wife made the comment a year or two ago that after unification why did the US government believe that:

1. The US would be allowed to keep troops there? They would have done their job and were no longer needed or wanted.

2. That Korea would follow what the US wanted.

She has relatives in the government there, and so may know what she's talking about. Also they had lived in Korea for the last 15 years and just left, so I think they have an idea as to the local feelings of the people.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If they really invade , i think the really world war three begins, and no one want to see this ...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i'll add that the united states has a horrible record against asian fighters. they are cunning, sly and it appear immune to heavy casualities.

they'll bunker down and wait to fight on their terms. the terrain is harsh, the winters brutal, they are trained to survive and fight with the minimal of provisions and have been programmed since birth to die for the state.

it'll be a massacre that i don't think the united states has the stomach for.

plus they have a trump card, nuclear weapons, that will almost guaranteed to be used when it appears all is lost.

imagine a million soldiers with the heart and will to fight like manny pacquiao, even though he's filipino.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i'll add that the united states has a horrible record against asian fighters. they are cunning, sly and it appear immune to heavy casualities.

they'll bunker down and wait to fight on their terms. the terrain is harsh, the winters brutal, they are trained to survive and fight with the minimal of provisions and have been programmed since birth to die for the state.

it'll be a massacre that i don't think the united states has the stomach for.

plus they have a trump card, nuclear weapons, that will almost guaranteed to be used when it appears all is lost.

Excuse me but what planet are you from?

The US and Allies pretty much destroyed the Japanese in a massive island hopping campaign and dropped not one but two nukes on Japan. Then later the US with it's allies first had North Korea beaten in a counter attack and was closing in on a kill when China moved in with massive amounts of troops yet the US and Allies [Out numbered by the Chinese] still had fought the North Koreans and Chinese to a standstill at around the 38th parallel. The US lost something like 38,000 troops killed. Have you read how many Chinese never made it back to home? Over 183,108 not counting 215,000 North Koreans. Those are the numbers they'll admit to but battlefield casualties were actually much much higher at around 400,000 killed both North Korean and Chinese troops.

Should I mention how many casualties the North Vietnamese took at 1,176,000 [3.2 million by some UN counts] vs 58,000 US which by the way they would have folded if wasn't for massive Soviet and Chinese support. It was also a good thing the US stayed in South Vietnam in Defense instead of going North like everybody at the Pentagon had wanted. Preempted by a massive non stop bombing campaign which Nixon finally did in 1972 that also made the North start negotiating for a cease fire at the Paris peace talks.

So in the end the US knows how to fight the Asian. A hell of a lot better than the Soviet in Afghanistan. Which by the way we have been there now longer than they had and only have sustained about 9.1% the casualties they suffered at 18,000 killed.

If North Korea wants to play with their tiny Nuclear pop gun I'll guarantee you we have a bigger Nuclear pop gun than they do and many more to pop.
edit on 31-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
I thought they were uniting, or was that only before christmas.

If North Korea wants to invade South Korea, it'll eventually become reunited, but it won't be what the North Koreans would wish for.

The leaders of NK has the mindset of a rabid animal. There's no reasoning and there's no cure. There's only one thing left to do if there is an armed conflict on the Korean penisula and I believe we all know what that one thing is.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Y'all are insane, especially the war supporters.

I thought ATS was above this warmongering crap?

As for those of you who say you would love to be drafted? Get out of your armchair and go sign up. I bet you don't have the balls to do so.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well when you want to fight the North Koreans but
when you join you will be sent to most likely iraq or afghanistan
Doesn't make sense does it?
A warrior in the military can not choose their battle..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if war broke out. It needs to happen sooner or later so we have one less threat to worry about to be honest. I've been planning on joining the Army Rangers for 12 years and will join soon this year. So I say if # breaks out and things need to be done, send me over. That's when I join, and if I make it into the Rangers. Which I keep positive I will. But N Korea is a bully in my eyes that needs punishment. I can't stand that fat little dude who is supposed to be next in line.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Y'all are insane, especially the war supporters.

I thought ATS was above this warmongering crap?

As for those of you who say you would love to be drafted? Get out of your armchair and go sign up. I bet you don't have the balls to do so.

So you are suggesting that if one does not wholy prescribe to peace, one is a warmonger? Have you considered that you may not be the only person that feels entitled to peace? Have you considered the North Korean civilians price for peace? You claim freedom, liberty and peace as your birth right, but you lack appreciation for the rights that have been won for you, earned in blood. Peace is seldom granted to those who cower from confrontation, but it is gained through undettered perserverance and the will to not sucumb to the path of least resistance. I have the deepest respect for the peace that I so freely enjoy, and the men that fought for those rights. I would most surely be willing set aside my own personal peace so that I might fight for and earn those rights for another human being, no less deserving of this thing you call peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
30% people, thats what percent of Nkorea dies in the three years war....
We killed off a whole third of a population, men women and children....
Thanks to our great leader Curtis leMay...let him rot in hell....
The whole proposition of war on the peninsula is fraught with grave risks for our troops .
The DMZ is 60 mles N of Seuol and the artillery of N korea would decimate the population of the city in the first opwnning salvoes.
If a dirty bomb is used which merely irradiates and leaves sickness behind as well as contamination it will be disaster.
Nobody will be safe from that.
You who want to go, what can i say, i believe you to be very young and eager idiots who have fallen for our own propaganda.
It is ALWAYS the people who loose and the leaders who get along just fine in any war.
The goverments go on but the soldiers get a mass grave for their good intentions and patriotic idiocy.
If anyone thinks i am blowing smoke up their lards, i suggest you obtain a copy of general Smedly Butlers Book....WAR IS A RACKET!
This is more like the real truth told by a war hero who found out through command what the real situation is with wars.
Youll want to go to war with somebody else entirely afterwards of readimg it....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

and what are u the girl on the internet?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

But you do right? lol

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
What alot of people don't realize is the mentality of people actually in the region. My best friends wife is South Korean and I know many other Koreans through her. War is the last thing that anyone in SK wants, no matter how aggressive NK is and no matter how many people they kill with their "attacks." They think of the North as no different than themselves. They are both Koreans and do not want to start a war with their own people. I know this may sound strange given that most of us in west retalliate when attacked, no matter the circumstance. It's one of many cultural differences that I've seen from knowing them these past few years.

Because of this fact I've also been told that if the U.S. or anyone else were to try and start a war "for" them that they would refuse to fight, and consider that entity an enemy thereafter. Ii believe thats why this stalemate has stuck for so long.

The only Korean that wants any sort of conflict is Kim.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Honestly, Canadiandream420, your threads have so far been propaganda fueled 'emotion-jerkers'. With no sign of any kind of real understanding of situations. So forgive me when I say this thread is bullcrap. Besides that, I wonder why you keep posting flagrant bullcrap. Just felt like it had to be pointed out. Do as you will.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The best way to wage war against the north would be to carpet bomb them with luxerys and western propaganda. some magazines of what the world is like outside of north korea, some mini dvd players with loads of movies and batterys, etc...make the people start questioning the brainwashing the government has been feeding them for decades now..chances are, a civil war will erupt..soldiers abandoning posts in favor of a south korea style government, etc.

An excellent point. 99.9% of the NK population doesn't have a clue how the rest of the world lives. Too bad it's probably going to take a war to wake them up.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I hope they don't invade. If they do, a war is going to erupt.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Just a question, is the UN able to use the old resolution from the fifties to field an collation army against NK?

Does anybody know?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Bring it on NK, were waiting...

pfft, they have no sack, If NK invades then I will eat a dirty diaper.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join