It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Preparing to Invade South Korean Island[s]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Finally and for maybe the last time (I might have to start a thread over it?) : -

North Korea is NOT a Nuclear Armed Country!

They have TESTED two very low yield one's over the past couple of years and plan on doing another TEST this coming Spring if you believe the MSM...!

So obviously they haven't got it right yet if they need to do more tests!

Their missile technology is crap and once they get nukes correctly going off etc., they need to minaturise the technology to get it onto a working missile ...........!

NK has chemical weapons and I would be far more scared of those as proper ICBM Nukes ain't going to happen for some years yet in NK.

That doesn't mean I am not against going in there to save millions of people from starvation and suffering. If this was going on anywhere else in the World, the UN and all sorts of other Countries would have kicked out Little Kim and his other Muppets and saved these people!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Wrong.. they don't need missile technology. Ever heard of nuclear artillery?
They are a nuclear armed country.

edit on 30-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Why don't you reply to what saturn fx has wrote

Dzengalshlevi I assume you built your own computer, right down to the component level...or did you fall sucker to the corporate tool agenda and simply go buy a ready made one...I also assume you have created your own infrustructure, launched a personal satellite, and have designed an antenna to get online...or did you do the corporate tool thing and simply subscribe to a big ISP.
Dzengalshlevi I bet you probably have a cell phone and a subscription from a major carrier.

Yes please do respond, anxious to see what spin this takes.

brill

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

200,000 special force troops alone in the DPRK. That's the largest SF contingent in the world. These are highly trained and hardened soldiers built to decimate regularly trained enemy soldiers, both physically and psychologically.

Hardened by what? Training? Simulations?

To claim that the Korean People's Army has close to a quarter million hardened special forces is quite a stretch. What source did you get this info from I wonder?

And I continue to wonder hardened by what?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Regardless of how tough the NK military may or may not be, a full compliment of CBU's delivered by aircraft, artillery, or sea launched, will take the starch out of their "hard core" ground troops. There's no place to hide and no place to run. When they retreat back to their our territory, they can also deal with the 20% which do not explode during the initial onslaught. This is the one weapon the Iraqi's had great respect for, and one the North Koreans need to appreciate. This won't be 1950!!!

I can't think of a better place for use of this nasty munition than on the invading troops of their "glorious leader". A 12 to 24 hour continuous assault of this dreaded munition should give the North Koreans time to reassess their attack upon South Korea and our in-country forces.

And I'd fly a concrete loaded TLAM right through his bedroom window to drive home the point of his foolish endeavour. We do have the resources to reach out and touch someone.

Anyone got an idea how many Los Angeles class submarines, loaded "full to the gunnels" with TLAM's, surround North Korea. Neither do the North Koreans or the Chinese. They are our hole cards.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Oldnslo because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

Well, I'd hope we are reluctant to use cluster bombs since much of the world has signed on against their use. Civilians are generally the ones he feel the brunt of the dormant munitions.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Fighting for their life.. you know from starvation. "Take Seoul and there will be bread and (some) cheese for everyone!"

He really means brainwashed. Seriously, no matter how hardened he might think they are, they are no where near what the U.S. soldier are. I hate the idea of war, and haven't been a soldier, but I now America and we don't piss around with our military (maybe every other ineffective system we have, but not our military)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We should be worried about their nuclear artillery. I don't think so.

We have numerous Ohio Class Ballistic Missile Submarines in the close vicinity to North Korea. Each one of these submarines carry 24 ballistic missiles containing 8 independently targeted nuclear warheads @ 300-450 kilotons, each. In other words, each Ohio class sub can target 192 different sites within North Korea. Enough to devastate the entire country.

I would venture a guess that we must have a minimum of 5 more of this class of SLBM subs within the 7,500 mile range of their Trident II's. 6 SLBM subs at 192 warheads each could independently target 1,152 locations. We have at least 24 of this class of submarine and we have other classes of subs with the same capabilities, deployed all over the oceans of the world, locations sometimes only known to the crews.

You don't start something you can't finish.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Oldnslo because: Add text

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Oldnslo

Well, I'd hope we are reluctant to use cluster bombs since much of the world has signed on against their use. Civilians are generally the ones he feel the brunt of the dormant munitions.

I'm talking about using them on 250,000 or more North Korean troops invading the Country of South Korea. Unless they dress civilians in military uniforms, I wouldn't hesitate using them to bring an invasion to a rapid halt, by all means necessary. The North Koreans would use them on our troops if they had the capability and the opportunity.

I don't think too many civilians live along the 38th parallel.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by minkey53

Wrong.. they don't need missile technology. Ever heard of nuclear artillery?
They are a nuclear armed country.

The most difficult part of making nuclear weapons is making them small enough to fit in a missile or an artillery shell.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I am pretty sure you have to spend more than 10 minutes in Canada before you can justly say what it is to be a Canadian. Your opinion is yours surely, not too many share it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: Double Post

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it.

Doubt North Korea will do anything right now.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Springtime folks.. Springtime,

only fools start wars in the winter.. Not to mention North Korea, will really start their saber rattling with the new nuclear test..

I predict 0 will be happening from the north until it april or so. I cannot speak for south Korea..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The war wouldn't be long...

Even in 1950 when North Korea made a big advance, almost won and had superior tanks/artillery/weapons than the ROK/US... they still got their butts kicked in under 6 months.

So now that the US totally dominates North Korea in all spheres... it wouldn't be long before NKorea would be history.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think there is more to the story, if
you read between the lines historically,
just a few things i noticed wikipedia

• On 25 June 1950, the United Nations Security Council unanimously condemned the North Korean invasion of the Republic of Korea, with United Nations Security Council Resolution 82. The USSR, a veto-wielding power, had boycotted the Council meetings since January 1950, protesting that the Republic of China (Taiwan), not the People's Republic of China, held a permanent seat in the UN Security Council.[80] After debating the matter, the Security Council, on 27 June 1950, published Resolution 83 recommending member state military assistance to the Republic of Korea. On 27 June President Truman ordered US air and sea forces to help the South Korean régime. On 4 July the Soviet Deputy Foreign Minister accused the US of starting armed intervention on behalf of South Korea.[81] The USSR challenged the legitimacy of the war for several reasons. The ROK Army intelligence upon which Resolution 83 was based came from US Intelligence; North Korea was not invited as a sitting temporary member of the UN, which violated UN Charter Article 32; and the Korean conflict was beyond UN Charter scope, because the initial north–south border fighting was classed as a civil war. The Soviet representative boycotted the UN to prevent Security Council action, and to challenge the legitimacy of the UN action; legal scholars posited that deciding upon an action of this type required the unanimous vote of the five permanent members.[

mmm

• On 27 June 1950, two days after the KPA invaded and three months before the Chinese entered the war, President Truman dispatched the United States Seventh Fleet to the Taiwan Strait, to protect the Nationalist Republic of China (Taiwan) from the People's Republic of China (PRC).[93] On 4 August 1950, with the PRC invasion of Taiwan aborted, Mao Zedong reported to the Politburo that he would intervene in Korea when the People's Liberation Army's (PLA) Taiwan invasion force was reorganized into the PLA North East Frontier Force.

• On 5 April 1950, the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) issued orders for the retaliatory atomic bombing of Manchurian PRC military bases, if either their armies crossed into Korea or if PRC or KPA bombers attacked Korea from there. The President ordered the transfer of nine Mark 4 nuclear bombs "to the Air Force's Ninth Bomb Group, the designated carrier of the weapons ... [and] signed an order to use them against Chinese and Korean targets", which he never transmitted.[61] President Truman did not immediately threaten nuclear warfare after the October 1950 Chinese intervention, but, 45 days later, remarked about the possibility of using it after the PVA repelled the UN Command from North Korea. In The Origins of the Korean War (1981, 1990), US historian Bruce Cumings reports that in a 30 November 1950 press conference, President Truman's allusions to attacking the KPA with nuclear weapons "was a threat based on contingency planning to use the bomb, rather than the faux pas so many assumed it to be." On 30 November 1950, the USAF Strategic Air Command was ordered to "augment its capacities, and that this should include atomic capabilities." The Indian Ambassador, Kavalam Panikkar, reports "that Truman announced that he was thinking of using the atom bomb in Korea. But the Chinese seemed totally unmoved by this threat ... The propaganda against American aggression was stepped up. The 'Aid Korea to resist America' campaign was made the slogan for increased production, greater national integration, and more rigid control over anti-national activities. One could not help feeling that Truman's threat came in very useful to the leaders of the Revolution, to enable them to keep up the tempo of their activities."[90][144][145] Atom bomb test, 1951 President Truman remarked that his government was actively considering using the atomic bomb to end the war in Korea but that only he—the US President—commanded atomic bomb use, and that he had not given authorization. The matter of atomic warfare was solely a US decision, not the collective decision of the UN.

I see were this is heading. China is not going to back down. They will back NK all the way. This is another replay in my opinion. Notice China shutting itself off from Skype today. That little US arms deal to Taiwan a few months ago. Ya think they are happy campers??? Mister

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
if you look at the UN Resolutions just briefly Notice the last entry.

• 82 25 June 1950 9-0-1 (abstention: Yugoslavia; absent: USSR) Korean War
    83 27 June 1950 7-1-0 (against: Yugoslavia; present not voting: Egypt, India, absent: USSR) Calling for the cessation of activities in Korea
    84 7 July 1950 7-0-3 (abstentions: Egypt, India, Yugoslavia; absent: USSR) Assistance to South Korea, determing North Korea broke the peace
    85 31 July 1950 9-0-1 (abstention: Yugoslavia; absent: USSR) Request for supporting the United Nations Command in Korea
    86 26 September 1950 10-0-1 (absention: Republic of China) Admission of Indonesia
    87 29 September 1950 7-3-1 (against: Republic of China, United States, Cuba; abstention: Egypt) Declaration by the People's Republic of China (PRC) of an invasion of Taiwan
    88 8 November 1950 8-2-1 (against: Republic of China, Cuba; abstention: Egypt) Summoning representative of the PRC to be present in discussion on Korean War
    89 17 November 1950 9-0-2 (abstentions: Egypt, USSR) Complaints regarding expulsion of Palestinian people
    90 31 January 1951 Adopted 11-0-0 Removal of Korean War from Council's agenda

Nothing has changed Obama is following the same paths as Truman, Yah think China will repeat the mistakes of the past.NOT Yah don't have to worry about what NK has for weapons, China will supply.Yah think there economy is gonna slow down anytime soon.Mister
edit on 30-12-2010 by Mister1k because: spelling
secure.wikimedia.org...[editby ]edit on 30-12-2010 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I assume you built your own computer, right down to the component level...or did you fall sucker to the corporate tool agenda and simply go buy a ready made one...I also assume you have created your own infrustructure, launched a personal satellite, and have designed an antenna to get online...or did you do the corporate tool thing and simply subscribe to a big ISP.
I bet you probably have a cell phone and a subscription from a major carrier.

You're such a tool.

For one, I don't have a cell phone. I had one for about a month to keep in contact with the CF, then they turned their back on me and then I had no more use for a cell phone.

See, this may come as a shock to you, but for such an internet savvy guy like myself, I actually grew up in the Canadian wilderness. First thing I was taught was the concept of time, first thing I did when I could walk was learn bush survival. All of this technology crap is second nature to me, for nature is my primary institution.

And did I build my own computer? No, because I prefer to use any random computer I can. It spices it up.

And even if I did go out and buy a computer, does that illegitimize me somehow? I run into stupid, smug comments like your's all the time, yet I still seem to fight the power all the time while living under the power's sphere. Maybe I know what I'm doing better than you... you know, because I'm actually doing it.

Ya...its only good technology if you personally deem it worthy...but for someone whom enjoys learning fashion or music, well..that is a big waste of time and resources.

Let me make something perfectly clear to you.

I used to care about all people before. I used to think that all people had the capability to understand reality and to think for themselves.

Oh how wrong I was.

I came to learn that the masses are genuinely ignorant people, incapable of intelligent and independent thought and prefer to live in bliss under control from a system higher than them. The Americans have developed an extensive network of social control of their masses, and it sickens me as to how pathetic and soulless their media is, but that is not of my immediate concern.

All of those ignorant people can continue being ignorant. They can't fight for themselves, they only follow the shepherd who promises the most, and delivers only enough to stimulate their minds.

My role is not among the masses. My role is among the intellectuals and leaders of society, those who care about the world they live in and are strong enough to step up and do something about it.

So you can continue to criticize me with your BS comments. I'm out to unite any and all people, the world over, who understand the situation. It doesn't matter if they agree with each other, only if they understand, because the world needs leadership that understands, and can lead without the detriment of personal desire corrupting our future.

Now, are you out to change the world or fight me to retain assimilation and a global hierarchy of the global elite?

I am pretty sure you have to spend more than 10 minutes in Canada before you can justly say what it is to be a Canadian. Your opinion is yours surely, not too many share it.

Are you serious? I've spent my entire life in Canada.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
ah Houston I think we have problem.

In 1997 Russia announced that it had developed a high-speed unguided underwater torpedo, which has no equivalent in the West. Code-named the Shkval or "Squall," the Russian torpedo reportedly travels so fast that no U.S. defense can stop it. In late 2000, after the sinking of the Russian submarine Kursk, new reports began circulating that the Chinese navy had bought the Shkval torpedo. The modern Russian weapon in Chinese navy hands has sent alarm bells ringing through the halls of the Pentagon. "China purchased the Shkval rocket torpedo," stated Richard Fisher, a defense analyst and senior fellow at the Jamestown Foundation.

The report that China purchased some 40 Shkval torpedoes from Russia in 1998 has been confirmed by U.S. intelligence sources. Pentagon officials also confirmed that a Chinese naval officer was on board the ill-fated Russian submarine Kursk to observe firings of the Shkval.

The Shkval is so fast that it is guided by an autopilot rather than by a homing head as on most torpedoes. The original Shkval was designed to carry a tactical nuclear warhead detonated by a simple timer clock. However, the Russians recently began advertising a homing version, which runs out at very high speed, then slows to search for its target.

There are no evident countermeasures to the Shkval and, according to weapons experts, its deployment by Russian and Chinese naval forces has placed the U.S. Navy at a considerable disadvantage. "We have no equivalent, its velocity would make evasive action exceedingly difficult, and it is likely that we have no defense against it," stated Jack Spencer, a defense analyst at the Heritage Foundation. According to the Jamestown Foundation's Richard Fisher, China is acquiring a fleet of blue-water submarines armed with the deadly Shkval. In a recent defense report, Fisher noted the Chinese navy is arming itself with a deadly combination of silent submarines, supersonic nuclear tipped Stealth missiles and Shkval rocket torpedoes. Fisher warned that the new Chinese navy is capable of operating far from Asian shores.

Russian 'Rocket' Torpedo Arms Chinese Subs
That little missile event off the California Coast November 9th.
I don't think being on an US Aircraft Carrier is a good thing these days. Mister
edit on 30-12-2010 by Mister1k because: addition

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

It's important to note that Iran has these torpedoes too. They armed their mini-subs with them.

It wouldn't be too hard to assume that North Korea has them too. Apparently North Korea also fields the largest sub fleet in the world too (97)...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join