It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Preparing to Invade South Korean Island[s]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

North Korea Preparing to Invade South Korean Island[s]

joongangdaily.joins.com

“From mid-December, divisions within North Korea’s navy, like the sharpshooting brigade and reconnaissance bureau, have been involved in landing drills in the waters off the coast of Nampo,” RFA said, citing a source in China well-informed about North Korea. Nampo is a North Korean city and seaport located in South Pyongan Province

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Take this with a grain-o-salt, like most news coming in from or about NK, but I figured this topic should be brought to light... even for simply embarassing NK more and more.

Sure NK could bomb the island for hours, send 10,000 troops to the island, possibly even fortify it... but for how long? lol.

I wonder if NK knows how they are viewed in the world eye.
edit on 30-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If they invade, then war is on by default

Whats the tactical assessment of a war between north and south before anyone gets involved.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Maybe a proxy sort of dress rehearsal for taking Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Take this with a grain-o-salt

Like a trapped cornered animal.
Grain of salt noted. Being full fledged believers if Jouche, I'd put nothing past them. They have nothing to lose and they are nuclear armed.

The best of both worlds

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Then LETS GET IT ON already!!!

Lets get it over with...

The future of korea would be much better off
to get this solved now then later.

Thats human nature put everything off until
you have to face it.

Lets face it!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If they invade, then war is on by default

Whats the tactical assessment of a war between north and south before anyone gets involved.

same as the first korean war. if you look on a map n. korea has the strategic advantage. s.korea is basically isolated and might as well be an island.

n. korea has an almost infinite supply line from the north coming from china that will be impossible to blockade without having the chinese intervene militarily.

so get ready, early south korean losses will mean the u.s. will step up big time and draft all you internet toughguys.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
so get ready, early south korean losses will mean the u.s. will step up big time and draft all you internet toughguys.

The US tends to do playstation wars more than ground invasions. moving in only when the threat is negotiable. Still, I would go on over if requested to fight the good fight. I have known some koreans and they are good people. They still generally enjoy their western influence, so why not.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Good, i'd love to get drafted and get rid of them
finish the war they never let my grandfather finish..
I'd be honored to war against North Korea!!
edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I thought they were uniting, or was that only befor christmas. This dog and pony show gets more tiresome each day. Each side win continue to jaw bone with no outcome. Some skirmishes will arise but anyone thinking that since the north has nukes they will make good on that threat needs to get edumacated.

brill

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I thought they were uniting, or was that only before christmas. This dog and pony show gets more tiresome each day. Each side will continue to jaw bone with no outcome. Some skirmishes will arise but anyone thinking that since the north has nukes they will make good on that threat needs to get edumacated.

brill
edit on 30-12-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The North Korean Army is only marginally less malnourished than the civilian population. The troops carry one full magazine for their rifles, and that’s about it. They have no fuel for their 1960’s era tanks, no fuel for their air force (North Korean pilots are lucky to get more than 15 hours a year in the cockpit), and no delivery systems for their handful of nukes.

They have lots of hardened artillery positions and that’s about it.

A war on the Korean peninsula would be very short, with Seoul taking much damage within the first 12 hours, but after the North gives away all its dug in positions they will be eliminated quickly with precision munitions … which the South and the US have plenty of.

The Chinese will stay out of it, they aint to fond of Pyongyang and only continue to support them because they don’t want a unified peninsula that’s an ally of the US. If the unification is inevitable though, I think they would think of their larger commercial and economic interests and leave lil Kim twisting in the wind.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

n. korea has an almost infinite supply line from the north coming from china that will be impossible to blockade without having the chinese intervene militarily.

LOL.

NK will get "supplies" from China but who are these "supplies" going to? NK troops on the front-lines?
Sure, if anyone is their to receive them.

I'd LOVE to take in a few North Koreas to Canada and show them the real world

I bet they'd love flat screen TV's, full access internet and.. LOST

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Good, i'd love to get drafted and get rid of them
finish the war they never let my grandfather finish..
I'd be honored to war against North Korea!!
edit on 30-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Very profound words. If only you knew how horrible a war with in the DPRK will become...

200,000 special force troops alone in the DPRK. That's the largest SF contingent in the world. These are highly trained and hardened soldiers built to decimate regularly trained enemy soldiers, both physically and psychologically.

You better be prepared.

Yeah, because those things haven't already destroyed our country. In the vast land of Canada, it is now considered crazy if you wish to live out in the bush, away from technology. Apparently this technological mind control crap is a part of being Canadian, and it is now our duty to push it on to other people around the world.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Good god if there gonna make a move i wish they would just do already, tired of seeing news day after day of NK and SK doing more usless crap! It's like going to a football match 2 sides baiting each other with chants!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

LOL.

NK will get "supplies" from China but who are these "supplies" going to? NK troops on the front-lines?
Sure, if anyone is their to receive them.

The best way to wage war against the north would be to carpet bomb them with luxerys and western propaganda. some magazines of what the world is like outside of north korea, some mini dvd players with loads of movies and batterys, etc...make the people start questioning the brainwashing the government has been feeding them for decades now..chances are, a civil war will erupt..soldiers abandoning posts in favor of a south korea style government, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
it is now considered crazy if you wish to live out in the bush, away from technology. Apparently this technological mind control crap is a part of being Canadian,

Says the guy on the internet...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow ATS Members calling for war agaisnt North Korea Whats Next calling for war agaisnt China or Russia?
you guys at least few of you are totally clueless on the region are you now.

If america takes north Korea, they will take over china as well, you don't think they would do that? they will.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Before jumping to conclusions about going over there kickin butt....lets look at the strategic basics.

First: China would not permit supply lines for NK through China borders. China is full aware that this would be a prelude to war with surrounding countries. Not saying China can't fight, but its not in their profitable interest to do so.

Second: Though SK is practically on an " island ", they would have substantial supply lines, whether provided by US, or other allies.

Third: Much like the Battle of Bastogne, NK won't have enough supplies to last the through the first 72 hours. With Munition being dropped at strategic points " of interest ", the NK soldiers would ultimately be cut off.

Fourthly: Not to mention, that were NK's would be " dug " in, it would be open season, ... a turkey shoot if you will, with pin point accurate shelling.

The last and final blow would be more along the lines of morale. NK's would most likely defect to their southern neighbors once they saw the devastation.

I commend those who wish to " fight the good fight ", but in all honesty, what happens to NK and SK shouldnt really pertain to the US. The US ( though they think they are ) aren't the global police.

That's just my take on it?
edit on 30-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Take this with a grain-o-salt, like most news coming in from or about NK, but I figured this topic should be brought to light... even for simply embarassing NK more and more.

Sure NK could bomb the island for hours, send 10,000 troops to the island, possibly even fortify it... but for how long? lol.

edit on 30-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

This is getting intresting. North Korea has deployed about 50k special ops forces along the DMZ. Recently they have been seen wearing uniforms that mimic those of S. Korean military units in the DMZ.

They certainly bring saber ratteling to a whole new level.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join