It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien believers: Convince a skeptic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayinAR
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks for your response! I'm a nurse, and one of the main things they stressed in nursing school was how important critical thinking is. Glad you mentioned it. I will try my hardest to keep an open mind!

Well not, nurse, I am honed to meet you. Had some good nurses though the years, my hat is off to all nurses!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
((((Originally posted by KayinAR
This is my first post on ATS, so be kind with me if I break any rules.

I'm still undecided, I suppose because I can't see for myself. I don't presume to think that we are here in the universe by ourselves, but I'd like to believe without a doubt that they are out there."))))

Well then if you are undecided and would like to believe, then why do you call yourself a skeptic?
Perhaps you should try to convince us and yourself why you are skeptical, and we can go from there.

I believe 100% that we are not alone in this universe and my reasoning is simple.
The universe is a big place, and it would seem with almost limitless resources out there, life can come into existence just about anywhere. look up The Drake Equation.
Now expand upon that in regards to the numerous other galaxies out there.

edit on 12/27/2010 by reticledc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayinAR
This is my first post on ATS, so be kind with me if I break any rules.

I've been reading all the threads I can on aliens and UFO's, and my boyfriend has been showing me all evidence he's found online. I'm still undecided, I suppose because I can't see for myself. I don't presume to think that we are here in the universe by ourselves, but I'd like to believe without a doubt that they are out there.

So I'm asking for all of your stories. Personal encounters, or whatever story or piece of information you found that convinced you that they are out there and are involved with us at some level. Or maybe even advice on how to wrap my head around this idea. I'm very interested in the subject, but I've never given it much thought.

Anyway, thanks in advance for reading my first thread! I look forward to any responses that I may get!

Hello KayinAR and welcome to this site, I hope your stay contributes to your personal growth.

From experience I can tell you that the only way that you can be convinced is that you convince yourself, and the only way to do this is by reading, and reading a lot, if you are up to it, then you might be able to construct a more informed opinion.

Then again there are sites like this one, where valuable members have invested a lot of time and effort to make things easier in understanding the subject, I would recommend you start with this thread by a member that I admired, jkrog08

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is called The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread, and is composed by select threads made by contributors here such as myself.

Have fun and all the best

Camilo

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Im out here. So far far away deep in my inner space i am an alien to you...thisis my contact.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is my most recent *definitly a UFO* sighting that I have recorded here on ATS abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy. I have over 60 hours of flight time and all commercial pilot theory passes, so spotting and identifying airborne objects is quite high on my priority list
And in summary, in that case, I witnessed an object performing maneuvers that would cause damage, a blackout and possibly whiplash or some other physical injury in any aircraft ever made in conventional knowledge, short of one that could *gasp* counteract or cancel the effects of gravity. I know it sounds like something impossible, however, it reminds me of hearing 'we can't possibly survive breaking the sound barrier/60mph/etc'.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

That is exactly what I'm saying. Thank you for understanding what I'm trying to do! I don't want to start debates, or hear why I should go look up threads and read for myself, because as I stated in my original post, I already am. And my bf is inundating me with case studies, and showing me the majestic 12, and everything else he can. I just want to hear other people's experiences....and judge for myself. I am skeptical, but that doesn't mean I'm not open.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KayinAR

howdy kayinAR;

my apologies as this thread, at least on my part, ended up in a bit of a debate, which was not the thread's initial intent.

anyhow, you asked for direct experiences. i am afraid, other then the random assortment of lights in the sky, most of my experiences come in the dreamscape (which is a place skeptics can readily dismiss, i acknowledge, but it makes the experience no less intense or profound for the dreamer).

since i was young, but with much more frequency these past 10 years, i have dreamed of aliens ships, aliens, and any manner of disclosure and revelation. these dreams are consistent (one a month, at least, though they'd come in clusters).

some of these dreams coincide with natural disasters (floods/ fires) or man-made ones (nuclear explosions). these dreams tend to be of a lucid sort (where the dream has a hyper-real quality and oft times i am aware i am dreaming), and often leave me awakened and freaked the *snip* out... which usually makes it difficult to go to work the next day and put on a sane face for my students.

there have been, in these dreams several consistencies:

there are 3 sorts of ships: a large mothership (which tends to be rather impressive)
smaller "podlike" craft and finally, the standard disc shaped ufo.
the disc shape ufo will "bend" light and space before the appear and after the disappear.

another consistency is the alien species themselves. it seems 2 species make their cameos in my netherworld explorations: the standard greys, who creep me the *snip* out. and smaller, slightly more feral looking creatures with knees that bend the opposite way. these look like a cross between a wise monkey/lemur and a grey.

finally, in one of the more epic dream episodes, a panel of folk indeed revealed that aliens are amongst us and there are multiple species.

now, dreams are a strange thing, embodying all of the mysteries and potential falacies for paranormal and esoteric explorations, and in no way do i propose that my dreams are solid proof of anything... however, i do believe in the deeper power of dreams, and being a student of indigenous cultures and their relationships to "spirit" "myth" and "Dream", not too mention the general intensity of these dreams, i cannot simply dismiss them as flights of fancy of my brain.

so, i explore. i wonder. i ask questions. i meditate and ruminate. and i keep an open mind, because the universe is far to grand to make too many absolute statements. if my brain is trying to tell me something, i would like to know what and why.

cheers. good luck on your own quest.

and now..... i have left myself vulnerable to the cold hard scrutiny of the skeptics!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Of course, that dastardly government is always right in the way with their secrets and control to stop us from knowing the truth every single time! (Sarcasm aside, I'm pretty tired of seeing the "secret government" angle being used as a cop out every time there's an absence of real evidence in a case like Roswell.)

The only absence of evidence is the ship and the bodies. Such "evidence" would really be tantamount to "proof" of course, and just like pieces of a downed stealth aircraft, this kind of evidence would be seized and kept secret from others. (and we'd thank the government for doing so).

The "dastardly" government has already been caught in covering this up. They've had numerous "official" explanations, so it's difficult to accept any claim as being genuine now.

Heck, they even tried to state (in the last official report) that the "bodies" seen by witnesses, were from Project High Dive. Unfortunately for the government, somebody forgot to check a calendar, as High Dive was FIVE YEARS after the Roswell event!

Their own actions during the recovery (even the fact there WAS a recovery, when previously lost Mogul balloons were simply left to rot in the desert) are the best evidence....(cordoned off access, flights of the material to top foreign technology bases, etc.). These aren't the actions officers would take for balsa wood and foil paper and balloon debris folks.

Yes, witness testimony, especially when old, is pretty unreliable. However, when many witnesses mention the same kinds of details of extraordinary things, it's difficult to see how so many could make the SAME EXACT mistakes in memory. Things like the way the debris had memory metal properties (before we could even fathom memory metals), the markings on the I-beams, etc. Then, when you couple the witness testimony with the other evidence (which includes by the way, the base's OWN press release that they had recovered a flying disc!)....it makes a pretty compelling argument.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

No worries about the debating. It was entertaining to read.

The reason I posted this thread is because my bf really believes in aliens. And I know that when he's talking to me about it I have a weird look on my face. So I want to learn more about it all so that I can at least carry on an informed conversation with him, and not look like I don't believe a word he's saying. I hope this makes sense. I don't want to change my way of thinking to his or anything. Just throwing that out there before I get slammed on by anyone. Lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KayinAR

All anyone can ask, is that you look at the evidence yourself, and draw your own conclusions.

No law that you have to agree with your BF. However, you may want to ask HIM what the best evidence was, that he's seen...why does he believe in it?

I can tell you for myself, I've had only ONE genuine UFO sighting (i.e. that I couldn't readily identify), but it was quite extraordinary. I was in the 4th grade, and living in Kodiak Alaska, in the Coast Guard compound near Mt. Barometer.

It was winter, and late one evening, I woke up and was standing outside in the street in front of our housing building, in my PJ's and slippers, along with my brother (3 yrs my junior), who seemed to be waking up also. Numerous other kids, many of my friends, seemed to be out there also, and in the same state.

We looked towards the hill, outside of the compound gates, towards the mountain, and saw numerous colored lights hovering and darting above the woods. Occasionally, a blue beam would quickly shoot down into the woods, kind of like a searchlight, but tighter (we were all military brats, and had grown up around tarmacs, so we usually knew aircraft when we saw it). This was nothing we could identify, and moved with the agility of fast helicopters, but without noise.

Soon after, though time is hard to recall in memory, we went inside, tried to wake our parents, but it was like they were unconscious. We went to bed, and asked them about it in the morning, and they looked at us like we had two heads. Later that day, Dad came home from the base, and we asked about it again, and we were told to just drop it. That usually meant you dropped it (in a military household)...so we did.

Ever since, I've always been interested in the subject. There have been other times I've thought I saw a UFO, but usually, it doesn't take long for me to identify. I'm a big believer in Occam's Razor, that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one...so I'm not one to believe a case without looking into the details.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me your experience! I checked out your link. Gotta be honest and say that I'm having a hard time even imagining it. And yours is well described, so I don't know what the problem is. Maybe I need to look up some more pictures...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh, he's told me. I know what he thinks about it all and why. Now I want to find commonalities with other people's experiences and see what I think is real and what I don't. I'm not trying to agree with my bf, but I respect him enough to actually investigate this. I'll give it my consideration. I'm sure it'll be worth it.

And cool story! Thank you for telling me about it.
edit on 28-12-2010 by KayinAR because: Added more.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They can't..
The problem is they WANT to believe.

But they yet have come forward with one legit picture of a alien or one undebunkable picture of a spaceship.
All believers do on this site go on about how they are atheist, and aliens used magicals powers to create us.

And they provide little science fiction books and fantasy books as their source.

or they link BS articles from
Examiner or All News Web.

Or some other random BS site noone heard of.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Not to mention they believe the "Grand Conpiracy" of the government hiding the truth of imaginary creatures since 1776....
Even Wikileaks has nothing major on aliens.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm going to sign up to be a writer on the examiner then write a story on how I was magically dragged through walls only to be basically raped, by magical creatures on a spaceship. Oh and that I was the only witness of the 15 mile long ufo that was following me when this happened.
I wonder how many hits my article will have.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kmarx

live your life OP. enjoy the little things. find what makes you happy and strive to obtain it everyday. the truth is not for the faint of heart.

I would think that this is down to the OP to decide. How would anyone know who is faint of heart. Reminds me of a practical magician (not the stage kind) who used to discourage new aspirants. He would say :"don't embark on this, you will regret it". But he was only speaking for himself though.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

All believers do on this site go on about how they are atheist, and aliens used magicals powers to create us.

I'd probably classify myself as a believer...but a skeptical one, in that I feel the majority of cases are misidentifications, etc. However, that said, there are many cases that seem to defy a more common explanation, and these cases are where investigation helps to formulate one's opinion.

I'm not atheist, really not even agnostic. I do believe in a higher power or force connecting us all, I just don't think it fits the labels we've tried to assign to it (God, Allah, Yahweh, etc.). I also don't think they created us, or use magic (high technology, sure, but not "magic"). Though, many would argue that one man's technology is another, more primitive man's "magic"....

I even hesitate to classify my own sighting as a kid, as a UFO sighting, except by the definition that it was "unidentified". I never saw any aliens, only lights in the sky in circular shapes. If I WAS abducted, (I did wake up outside, with no idea how I got there), I DON'T want to know. Seriously. I've seen folks who remembered that...no thank you. Besides, I'm too well-versed in the lore to not believe my subconscious would have a field day with any type of regression.

All I can say, is I can't explain what I saw, and it defied what I've seen as far as other terrestrial craft. It could just as well have been a military experiment for all I know.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Thanks, Crowdedskies. I just wanna learn about aliens, not request a visit. Lol. I'd probably pee my pants if I ever saw one!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My husband doesn't believe me. However after watching ancient aliens he is begining to see the possibilities.
He works constantly, and has no time or energy left to educate himself on world possibilities and facts.
Either you believe or you don't. Seeing one UFO will change your mind. Otherwise harsh as it seems, it doesn't matter what any non believer thinks. The world will still rotate and things will happen as they will. Watch
any Mufon speaches on U tube videos, you'll be more convinced.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I will do that. Thanks! And good luck with your husband.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join