It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God uses a spacecraft to transport himself and "angels" (The Bible)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by googalizer
If you feel as though GOD and do anything, then i ask: Could he create an object so massive that not even he could move it? If so....then he can't move it, if not then he can't do everything.....

have you considered you're just not noticing it?

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.-2Cor4
edit on 29-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by an0maly33

Good point...

Maybe I felt like some people here were mocking God in thinking He is on the same level with humans...or aliens...which is offensive to me...But if you're not thinking that then I apologize.

edit on 29-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

If your belief in god is 100%, then why should you feel offended by people mocking god?
Would you not think god would be above all that?

Being offended by that seems to me, IMO, that your mind has doubt, your faith may be somewhat diminished.

What draws you to this post?

I once believed in god, then I read the OT.

It just seemed too weird, and I was always interested in aliens and how we'd react to them if we were an ancient culture.
I'd love to believe in a god 100%, but my brain won't let me.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

OK, now why would a god blind mens mind to not believe in him/her/it?
Is it so they may suffer somehow?

It's like telling a dog to go sic someone, and the dog gets punished for biting.

Hmmm...It's more like a women getting angry at her mate for not showing up at a certain spot at a certain time while she knew that she told him nothing about that time or place.

(Hmmm, thinking my woman might be a god?!?!
Or am I just a man?)
edit on 29-12-2010 by Toadmund because: add brackets

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Why is it allways HE did women never exist?You see the chicken and egg paradox once more and it cannot be denied,your very existence depended on your mother ,without that process and nurturing you would`nt be able to contemplate those scriptural references in ubiquitiuos manner,or to your personel preference

If god was a god of vengence then smite this,who protected the firstborn,and who really knows if the firstborn was male or female

Lastly, presumption is mans greatest idiom,atheist or believer,the fact of consciousness to digress on reality is entertainment in itself,afterall is`nt that what its about or are we doomed to hell for remaining factual.
Fact is fact and a testament of many,written narrations are not fact ,only a history of fact,even though interesting at that,but none the less testamonially,uncontested !
Imagine if you will a cosmic thunderstorm fractaling between all the planets in our solar system,would you presume it was the return of GOD,or base it on FACTUAL information from a external source,GOD can and is used for so many explanations and is like a universal plug that can fit anyway you befit but,and thats exactly it !

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

If your belief in god is 100%, then why should you feel offended by people mocking god?

Being offended by that seems to me, IMO, that your mind has doubt, your faith may be somewhat diminished.

it increases it actually

in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents..traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God-2Tim3

But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.-Matt11

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.-Rev20

It just seemed too weird, and I was always interested in aliens and how we'd react to them if we were an ancient culture.

a peculiar people; that should shew forth the praises of him who hath called us out of darkness into his marvellous light-1Pet2

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.-2Cor3

The LORD will rise up as he did at Mount Perazim, he will rouse himself as in the Valley of Gibeon— to do his work, his strange work, and perform his task, his alien task.-Is28NI1984V

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.-Gen5

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, all are one one in Christ Jesus.-Gal5

For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.-1Cor11

find this very interesting as well

At eight weeks most of the features of the adult are visible, when it is referred to as a fetus. During the first few weeks, it is neither male nor female. www.gender.org.uk...

Dr. Lejeune explained that within three to seven days after fertilization we can determine if the new human being is a boy or a girl. "At no time," Dr. Lejeune said, "is the human being a blob of protoplasm. As far as your nature is concerned, I see no difference between the early person that you were at conception and the late person which you are now. You were, and are, a human being." www.prolife.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Are you not a lover of your own opinion,teaching as a doctrine to men,is this not true,maybe you should take the plank out of your eye before you become the blind leading the blind,jesus was a great thinker and educator and orator,however he came to give life and light to the world not death,judgement and retribution,you must be in a sad place.Enjoy and embrace some wisdom before its to late for you.To love yourself is not a sin,infact is that not what the prophets came to teach to love oneself for others to be loved and it would spread.
OOhh unloved souls do begrudge the happiness of others,turn your face asunder and see the light you so do not want to see,its making you blind?
Sorry I went totally off topic.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.”Rom9

But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?-3

But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”-Rom9

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

nice try but no cigar-words from "just" a book written by others are "my self loving opinion" or mine and a "plank" now? c'mon, we are here for deniething thy, thee and thous ignorances right? truth? did you even see "my" testimony in link provided above?

All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.-Prov16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.-Rom2

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.-John3

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!-2Cor5

edit on 29-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by an0maly33

Good point...

Maybe I felt like some people here were mocking God in thinking He is on the same level with humans...or aliens...which is offensive to me...But if you're not thinking that then I apologize.

edit on 29-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Friend I would love for you to be in Heaven with me...if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A truly superior being needs no worship.
A loving, forgiving god does not put you into a fiery abyss.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If i told you something would you believe me off the top of your head? how about my credibility?
all we could do is believe whats going on right now we will never be able to prove the events in the quran, bible or the Hebrew bible ever actually happened, I can write a story of a trip to the grocery store and pass it down to my great great grandchildren yet they will never know what really happened. I think we should let the people who believe god is god believe that god is god, and the people who believe that none of these characteristics in any of the bibles are not god believe so.

I just don't think that people who believe in god should dismiss the possibility of ETs because if they can believe in an ominous being yet not believe in another life form from a different location besides earth is absurd. its like us not believing asians exist because they are from the other side of the world and we havnt been there yet (catch my drift?) location doesnt matter

and on top of that we cloned a sheep, doesnt mean we are its ominous god does it? but yet we have our own creator who IS god for both us and this sheep that we have cloned/created

so now i think it is both valid that not only does god exist
but we also could have been created/cloned in the "image of god'
and also to the people wondering why these aliens would call themselves god, havent you ever wanted to play a cd in your car real loud that sounds like a police siren and scare some one or have them do what you want because they think your police in the night because they cant see your car? lol everyone wants to benefit for themselves. Just because we dont know why the "alien gods" are doing it then doesnt mean they dont have a motive.

so im taking both sides, i do believe in god (just not the man floating in clouds taking care of everyone, i believe god is the energy of the universe) and i also believe all the gods that are spoken of in every religion are aliens
thats what makes sense to me =) and if you believe in what i just wrote then everyone wins! lol
(non of this is to offend sorry if i did, this is seriously what i believe)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyce

I like

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think that one of the most amazing things about this thread is the incredibly high number of people who claim to know things without a doubt. I have to give the OP props for constructing a very good argument. I don't agree with the OP's conclusion, but props for a sturdy argument nonetheless.

I, personally, believe that there is a God. I also, personally believe that I don't have enough of an understanding about how He works to be able to say much more than that. I don't feel comfortable saying that He's limited to any sort of physical contraption, any more than I'd feel comfortable saying that He's not limited to any sort of physical contraption. The fact is, I just don't know.

It's interesting, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the other posters on this thread don't know either. I see a lot of wild claims about how absurd it is to think that God is limitless, and other people claiming how absurd it is to think that God is limited. It's the same thing for people who claim that God exists, and those that claim He doesn't. The fact of the matter is that we don't know. (And if you do know any of these things for certain, PM me. I'd LOVE to hear it.)

I believe wholeheartedly that until we acknowledge our ignorance, we have no hope of beginning to break down the misconceptions that are inherent to thinking we know something that we don't and start working toward actual knowledge.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is a lot more substance to this argument than has previously been considered.

Check out this excellent article called: UFOs and the Gateway To Heaven

It's a presentation more about "dimensional travel" than interspacial travel...

thenousage.net...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is False. If I said, "Your mother is a fat, ignorant, groveling, whore and she sucked me up the night before and it was good." to your face, you'd be pissed, and ready to fight (offended). If you wouldn't be ready to fight then your don't hold any HONOR for your family. And that's what this is about, HONOR. It's not about "doubt" because with faith, there is always some amount of doubt. We stand for what we believe in, and if you disrespect what we believe in or something we love, we are ready to defend it. And I believe thats everybody. I'm sure you wouldn't let me or anyone else talk about your mother or your wife or somebody you love in a disrespectful manner without retribution.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

First of all I wouldn't believe my mother did that, if you said she did what she did, i probably would just blow it off.
But I understand what you mean, and I have been ready to fight physically and non at times.
But I am a pretty mellowed out person, usually.

The only line that may have offended you in honor of freedish is this one:

Notice the acronyn 'IMO' and the word 'may', I did not say freedish was lacking in the beleif of god, did not say anybody was lacking in faith, It was just a possible opinion.

Anyway, I go with the OP's presented theory, it makes more sense to me.
You can beleive what you want and you can tell people that an alien god is false, and I will tell people I am agnostic, because really, I don't really know.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

I have to agree that there are many examples of what could possibly be spacecraft in the bible. The world was a different place in those days. Just being able to read and write back then was feat in and of itself. You have to wonder how they would interpret airplanes, helicopters or even the statue of liberty. Their wording would be a lot different. Perhaps, to them, anything in the sky that was not a bird MUST be a cloud.

A few more examples:

The "star" of Bethlehem.

Ezekial's wheels.

The whole days of Noah-son's of God-Daughters of men describes what could be interpreted as what we refer to as "aliens" today, but that is another thread : )

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy

Has at a guess but could`nt these aliens be trying to get us to believe in GOD ,instead of them saying their god,really a slant on perspective makes for many changes in the internal mindseye ,especially with apemen in the past,its a bit like trying to show a fish how to smoke,impossible

Haha, but I doubt it. I bet they loved playing as gods and angels.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yeah their smokin us for breakfast,lunch and the last supper

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join