It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Angel & The Voice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
One night when I was a kid, a friend and I had seen a winged heavenly being, it flew in from the south landed on the neighbors roof ridge across the street then walked eastward to the edge and started to look down as if into the garage of the house next to that one, when suddenly turned it’s head to look at me as if caught off gaurd-saw it (maybe he, strong looking) directly in the eyes, was bright white all over like lightning type of luminousity yet I could discern muscular tone, some time later, maybe a few weeks best I can remember, we found out the guy we called uncle Jesse (he looked like from Dukes of Hazzard) had hung himself in that same garage and years later that same friend, who had seen it flying back the way it came (I called him to window after seeing) was found still standing over his kitchen sink and had been like that a few days they said he drank himself to death, here are a few scriptures that fit descriptions of what the Israelites had witnessed and describe similar features-

Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.-Matthew28.2

The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover.-Exodus25.20

Many years later and one night also, though I think both events were in the wee hours of morning I really don't remember or know for certain, when I had begun to open a pocket size green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier yet before reading anything, I heard an audible voice speak as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then- “I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish” exceedingly awestruck (previous to this I was saying God and specifically Christian anything was all just something for the weakminded) I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord-

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Corinthians5.14

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.-Acts9.3

edit on 15-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
1908 Gideon Bible Society votes to put its first bibles in hotel rooms; the association was founded in 1899 in Boscobel, Wisconsin by two traveling salesmen; today, the Gideons distribute various editions of the Holy Bible throughout the world, free of charge.

The organization was founded in 1899 in Boscobel, Wisconsin as an early American parachurch organization dedicated to Christian evangelism. It began distributing free Bibles, the work it is chiefly known for, in 1908, when the first Bibles were placed in the rooms of the Superior Hotel in Superior, Montana. The local railway station at the time was named Iron Mountain, causing confusion as to the name of the town.

The very first thing printed on inside cover of another small pocket size Gideon NT that I have aquired since, though wished I still had the original green one just for personal nostalgic reasons-

THIS BOOK NOT TO BE SOLD
MANUFACTURED IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

then an inspirational preface-

THE BIBLE contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable. Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword, and the Christian’s charter. Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

CHRIST is its grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and river of pleasure. It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When angels talk to you, it is a good idea to pay attention. I think I have heard it three times that I can think of. One was in the form of a person who just said, "Do you need some help?" Another time was just a voice like I was listening in to a conversation and it was about when an angel would announce the beginning of the end time, which by the way was some years ago. The other time was a voice with a face connected to it, speaking directly to me, while I was alone in my home, telling me to go to a particular place, where a certain person would find me who I needed to talk to. And again, that happened as predicted. So when you are offered help, or someone asks for help, and it seems very odd that this situation even exists, it way just be the work of angels and you would be doing well to keep an awareness about to in order to act appropriately.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

hey jm thanks for stopping by and good to hear another example/s of other dimensions from a real time person, I'm not very versed in angels and is a fairly recent subject to study for me and a very slow one at that (lol!) and actually had always considered that sight as something scary -therefore bad, but after reading the Mary and Mary account that changed and had already known about them being spoken of as ministering spirits and even appearing as men

therefore I think this is one of those key word translations that could use someone that knows, after all we have Michael who stands for his people, the voice of the arc Angel along with the Cherubs on the arc which are the the only one's I'm aware of other than the four living creatures mentioned with wings oh and scriptures also mention the law being put into effect by angels, Gabriel etc. in addition to all that, there was also a fellow poster somewhere that said it could not have been an angel but was a heavenly being, Seraphim or Cherub possibly because angels always appeared as men..so?

yet the account of both Marys says an angel and came down from heaven-I don't think that is an absolute but wings make more logical since, anyway there was nothing said to me from that being, after all was through a window and across the street, just something I had seen and was many years previous to the voice of Jesus and saw nothing at that time just an invisible voice, surely these things mean something to someone other than me out there, or can add some insight?

when you say you saw something floating like a face (I think you said) I can definately relate due to another experience I had and you may or may not be aware of this scripture but I immediately looked for something in them and even though not an exact match, it was close enough for a brick when I read it! so what happened was I was laying in bed one night and this near invisible being was hovering parrallel about a foot almost directly above me and appeared to be trying to say something (though I never heard anything) maybe even had some kind of hat on?- hard to say very faint spirit? but one of the most frightening things I have ever experienced I remember describing it as like when your a kid so scared you cant mumble a sound and feels like your hair standing on end, before finding the scripture-this was'nt that long ago either-

Job4.13-
In disquieting thoughts from the visions of the night,
When deep sleep falls on men,

Fear came upon me, and trembling,
Which made all my bones shake.

Then a spirit passed before my face;
The hair on my body stood up.

It stood still,
But I could not discern its appearance.
A form was before my eyes;
There was silence;
Then I heard a voice saying:

‘Can a mortal be more righteous than God?
Can a man be more pure than his Maker?

If He puts no trust in His servants,
If He charges His angels with error,

How much more those who dwell in houses of clay,
Whose foundation is in the dust,
Who are crushed before a moth?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Not floating. To tell the details, which probably seems even more strange, I was walking from the hall into my bedroom and there was a shelf there with a picture in a frame standing up on it. For some reason my attention was drawn to it as I passed by. I stopped and looked at it and the face of this picture morphed into a person's face that was talking to me. It said something like, "the actual person that this is only an image of is in town now and if you go to (this location) you will meet." I did and it was the last time I was able to talk to this person, and that was like 15 years ago. If I had ignored this little, I think a little message from the spirit world or angel if you like, then I would have missed that opportunity.
I do think there are bad spirits and I have had ample evidence of that. One example that made me very clear about that was when I was at a big campfire one night with a friend and saw him picked up like someone had grabbed a hold of him by the back of the neck and threw him into the middle of the fire, then pick him straight up and flung him to the side to land about thirty feet from the fire. He had actually invoked a spirit maybe without realizing what he was doing. He created a trance-like state by fasting, then eating only Peyote for three days, when he proclaimed that the next time you see me I will fly. Well he did, but not the way he wanted to.
edit on 16-10-2010 by jmdewey60 because: fix typo

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

amazing, you know there are many occurences where the prophets or apostles were told to go here or there to meet someone but nothing like this has ever happened to myself, I only heard that one time and even in all my goofing around in the high school years there were no visions, voices, hallucinations or whatever and is a big reason of why I bring up what was seen by the friend and I as kids, which had to be somewhere around 13 years old and probably why (the voice) spurred me on to read just about anything I could get my hands on about Jesus anything, the bible above all by far, like a madman trying to determine exactly what for, why me a man who agrees with Pauls statement about being the worst of sinners, or the story about the guy who could'nt even lift his head to pray and what should I do about it, so I reason since that had definately constrained the extreme extent to how I used to think and live (and agree these things can lead to societal breakdown and destruction and really cannot look to just a few people up top though there are many I'm sure that help the cause) like a wakeup call or warning of a reality previously unknown I can only tell people what I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that happened in real time reality with real eyes and ears, other than that just copy and paste scriptures or re-type from memory what come to mind when reading about a particular subject, not unlike how I speak in reality when a subject about whatever brings up memories of what is written even it is just symbolic or metaphorical
edit on 16-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just want to say that I enjoyed both of your stories. I think God, the Father sees to it that we have experiences in the hopes that we seek him out and develop a very personal relationship with him . I also believe in progressive revelation and that there are no coincedences..

When I was younger I didn't understand my experiences and would pray not to have them anymore. Now that I'm older and and have a better sense of how the spiritual realm works - if I'm not having experiences it's as if something is wrong. In fact, myself and my families experiences are increasing at such a rapid rate, that I now keep a journal. I also believe because of all these experiences that we are living in the last days and that his spirit is being poured out on all flesh and the ones who are studious and looking for such things are able to recognize these things for what they are.

My experience thus far has been with two distinct male voices. The first voice is very gentle and pleasant and when he speaks it is loooongg anndd drawwwwwn ouuuuut.Lol This voice has only come to me in my sleep and it is always there to teach me or show me something. I believe this voice to be the Holy Spirit and it is doing just what Jesus said it will do; teach. The other male voice I've heard was audible (I wasn't asleep) and it was deep and straight to the point. He spoke one word or should I say he thundered one word and that word was Yahveh. I had no idea that this was in fact God's secret, sacred personal name. I called him God or Yahweh or even Jehovah but I was not familiar with this new spelling until he revealed it to me.

My most recent experience was a waking vision. By that I mean I was in deep prayer and had the vision in my mind while my eyes were shut but I was fully awake. My daughter passed and I miss her, so I was praying that he showed me where she was and what she was doing. It was as if someone turned a light on inside my mind with three quick flashes. On the third time, I was shown a breathtakingly beautiful skyscape. There was an opening within the clouds and sitting on top of these clouds was what appeared to be a large cube. I actually described it to my family as it looking like a dirty icecube. I remember I smiled and then drifted off into a really peaceful sleep. The next morning I was watching the sun come up and it reminded me about what I had seen the night before and it dawned on me, that in Revelation it talks of the New Jerusalem being like a perfect cube 1500 miles in width, height and depth and I realized once again what an awesome God we have. My baby is in that city, that has the appearance of a jasper stone and his word is true and faithful.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I really don't know what to say except thank you for the story very beautiful and heartwarming, I also find comfort in knowing that eternal Spirit world and the fact of hearing His voice that came in the middle of a gun fight for my life- turns out I had been pointing it at myself

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What a bunch of hogwash. It angers me because I know how you religious fools use these stories to influence those with even less intellect than yourselves. DISGUSTING

I see you have a nice motorbike though, mr. Christian. I also see you understand nothing of 'your' values.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
What a bunch of hogwash. It angers me because I know how you religious fools use these stories to influence those with even less intellect than yourselves. DISGUSTING

I see you have a nice motorbike though, mr. Christian. I also see you understand nothing of 'your' values.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.-1John3.15

If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.-John15.18

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’-Matthw11.18

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.-Matthew5.22

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Now you're threatening me with hellfire. What's new?

At least in life I will have spoken out against injustice and abuse of the less fortunate, abuse of the less intellectual who also deserve a shot at being their own human rather than some indoctrinated puppet.

Oh and before you quote the bible with hellfire and brimstone, understand well that it was not YOUR culture that came up with the notion of hell, it was mine. It is quite ironic therefore of you to try and scare me into believing what you want me to believe, which is a weak byproduct of the faith I chose...again: THESE ARE NOT THE MIDDLE AGES.

Of course, it is entirely within your right to remain ignorant. Just don't expect people to take you serious here...that's all. Also, when you discuss things in real life and you are mercilessly butchered in a debate(like your christian values did to the south american natives before converting them to christianity through more violence), don't try and get physical because you will suffer some more then.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

more erroneous assumptions and slander I see, if you don't want some sharp scriptures to warn you of the danger your eternity is in then watch "your" Py hole! suppose it would be "smarter" to blabber a buncha bologne like you though right? yeah right! and yeah let me know just how ignorant I was when you hear or see either, I have absolutely no reason to lie whatsoever

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Contrary to you I have been through so much crap in my life I am not scared of a hellish afterlife, to me that sounds like a story meant to keep your mind in chains and slavery. I've seen hell on earth. You however, with your cool motorbike live in a fantasy world. And rest assured, the scriptures you are quoting are all there to warn YOU, not me. And this hell you speak of WILL come down on your ignorant head.

I usually stop discussions with people like you. I could easily quote scriptures and have you weeping in bed tonight asking for forgiveness. I won't however. That is up to you.

And those are not assumptions and you know it. Slander? In your eyes maybe, as in my eyes I regard you quoting bible verses instead of formulating your own sentences as utterly disrespectful and slanderous to me, as I take time to convert experiences and knowledge into sentences in reply to YOU. I am not speaking with a book am I?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This was posted in another thread:

"I wonder what Rustami and others will say to this: www.christian-reincarnation.com...
How do they want to explain the holocaust and extreme cruelties told in the Old Testament?
Very many of them were committed by order of Yahweh!
I would say that the Old Testament disqualifies itself... and is in itself a conspiracy...

The New Testament, on the other hand, is another thing. It has, however, been falsified to quite some extent to serve the worldly power of a church that was founded by the power-greedy Constantine. This Church has put a false christ before us to serve its purposes. They don't want us to know the true Christ, who is the love of the prime Creator."

Rustami claims that an answer would be found here, but I don't find any...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Re Rustami

According to information you have posted many times, you claim some kind of 'insight', 'knowledge' or 'ideological authority' supporting your screwy standards. All based on some glimpses you've had of other dimensions of life.

That your selfappointed wisdom can be scrutinized, questioned and even dismissed is maybe news to you, and in any case you seem to be so much in love with your own thirteen-a-dozen experiences of anomaly, that you would refuse to examine them.

But you see, your experiences are so common, that you can open almost any alternative website or read any new-age book and find experiences like yours described. The problem is, that not two of them are identical. It ranges from angels, demons, hyperdimensional entities, beings from UFOs, the star Sirius, the Pleyades to reptilians living inside the earth.

Being a holy person, you are ofcourse above being competitive, but it may be of interest to you to know, that I've had app. 150 hours of direct contact with such beings of high weirdness. I've been exposed to various missionary efforts from them, I've been threatened, scared out of my mind and floating on small pink clouds of rapture.

And instead of just buying the spiel, I went through a rational procedure of analyzing what the heck had happened. I had my mental wiring controlled by experts, I compared my experiences with those of others, I looked for historical precedents, I have examined the ideologies constructed around such anomalies and I have observed the missionary fanatism manifested by some encountees.

I've come out of it convinced that there is something/somebody 'out there', and that it/they are selling ideological snake-oil to mankind most of the time.

If you feel a personal need of snake-oil, that's your business. Passing it on to mankind in general won't do any good, and anyway the market is already overflowing.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Gideons is a good org. The reason for them placing bibles in the hotel rooms was to prevent suicide and when people would check into hotels when they were at their lowest point in life.

non-profit org and there are many 'oldies' getting around doing the track to make sure there is a bible in the rooms.

if by chance a destitute person picks it up and reads it, and they don't kill themselves..then the oldies have kept that person's family and kids from grieving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOT

If you saw anything that inspired you, great!

Hope it helps you in your life

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A link got lost when copying into my post above:
www.christian-reincarnation.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think people are a transmitter that beings of a highly mobile and morph-able nature can be attracted to.
The hope would be that one of a positive intention would be the earlier to arrive, for example, if you were in distressed and felt like you need help when ordinary earthly resources are not available.
I think good or evil intended beings can make themselves available in a situation like that. To me, the focus inside your own thoughts should be on how to tell the difference and how to properly act on the opportunity, rather than on concern so much if anyone will respond.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re Rustami

According to information you have posted many times, you claim some kind of 'insight', 'knowledge' or 'ideological authority' supporting your screwy standards. All based on some glimpses you've had of other dimensions of life. That your selfappointed wisdom can be scrutinized, questioned and even dismissed is maybe news to you, and in any case you seem to be so much in love with your own thirteen-a-dozen experiences of anomaly, that you would refuse to examine them.

selfappointed comes from man made laws-I did'nt hear a a law but a REAL AUDIBLE voice and REAL VISIBLE being with wings(many years previous to voice) as in like reality with my own ears and eyes not visions or in mind but REALITY plain as Day, if this makes you accuse me of some kind of intelectual authority then you have a problem is it just common sense or being able to comprehende plain english?

For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.-Hebrews7.28

But you see, your experiences are so common, that you can open almost any alternative website or read any new-age book and find experiences like yours described. The problem is, that not two of them are identical. It ranges from angels, demons, hyperdimensional entities, beings from UFOs, the star Sirius, the Pleyades to reptilians living inside the earth.

correctamundo I only typed/pasted a few from scriptures that came to mind which obviously prove it's Testimony as so many in that book have done also but but no means the only people, I thank God for all those that have laboured in it-sheez I would be at an absolute loss for any other direct validation practically if not

Being a holy person, you are ofcourse above being competitive, but it may be of interest to you to know, that I've had app. 150 hours of direct contact with such beings of high weirdness. I've been exposed to various missionary efforts from them, I've been threatened, scared out of my mind and floating on small pink clouds of rapture.

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.-1Corinthians

the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls-Romans9.11

And instead of just buying the spiel, I went through a rational procedure of analyzing what the heck had happened. I had my mental wiring controlled by experts, I compared my experiences with those of others, I looked for historical precedents, I have examined the ideologies constructed around such anomalies and I have observed the missionary fanatism manifested by some encountees.

hearing and seeing something not of my creation or own and I'm buying something? even the Gideon NT was free! and before reading anything in it

I've come out of it convinced that there is something/somebody 'out there', and that it/they are selling ideological snake-oil to mankind most of the time.

I am simply telling you the absolute truth about what I have seen and heard and obviously they were also

If you feel a personal need of snake-oil, that's your business. Passing it on to mankind in general won't do any good, and anyway the market is already overflowing.

No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.-John3.13

In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.-Daniel2.44

He said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.' -Luke13.22

And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.-Hebrews11.12

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by memyself

did you miss this? and if you think I'm lying there is no point in you ever asking anything again from me right?

when I had begun to open a pocket size green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier yet before reading anything, I heard an audible voice speak as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then- “I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish” exceedingly awestruck (previous to this I was saying God and specifically Christian anything was all just something for the weakminded) I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord-

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Corinthians5.14

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.-Acts9.3

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join