It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God uses a spacecraft to transport himself and "angels" (The Bible)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There is a Hebrew word, RUAH, that appears in the bible a fair amount of times. There is good reason to consider that in the context this word is sometimes used, it refers to the aerial craft of Yahweh .

The second Part of this verse refers to something called the ruah which hovered over the surface of the waters. The standard English translation is 'spirit', and comes by way of the Greek pneuma which meant 'air' or 'wind'. This form was found in Enoch's account of his transportation from the Lowlands to the Highlands. There, it occurred in the expression 'Chariot of the Spirit', and we suggested that consideration had to be given to the possibility of a solid aerial craft capable of transporting Enoch to the Garden in Eden.

The term ruah occurs frequently in the Old Testament in contexts that require translation as something less nebulous than our word 'spirit'. Translations having, inevitably, been made in a religious context, the secular meaning has failed to surface. A few examples may be quoted here to support this hypothesis.

[1KIN 18:11-12] And now you say to me Ø 'Go and tell your master that Elijah is here! But as soon as I leave you, the ruah of Yahweh will carry you away and I shall not know where.

[2 SAM 22:11]... he mounted a cherub, and flew and soared on the wings of the ruah.

[EZ 8:3] ... and the ruah lifted me up into the air - and took me to Jerusalem.

[EZ 37:1] The hand of Yahweh was laid upon me and he carried me away by the ruah of Yahweh, and set me down in the midst of a valley.

[EZ 43:4-6] The glory of Yahweh arrived at the Temple near the east gate. The ruah lifted me up and brought me into the inner court - and I saw the Glory of Yahweh fill the Temple.

You can read the full article here

The research quoted above is the work of Christian and Barbara Joy O'Brien who wrote a tome of a book called THE SHINING ONES where this along with lots of other relatively unknown stuff gets discussed . It is a pricey book at nearly 50 pounds but well worth it as there is some obscure research in it you won't readily find elsewhere and it shines further light on the ancient ET prescence. The website of the authors is run by someone else - either one or both the authors are now dead.

Shining Ones Website

edit on 4/1/11 by cosmicpixie because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have to bump this for people who haven't read this because of numerous threads that connect Religion to the Aliens.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Just watched that yesterday.

Good food for thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Your premise is a logical conclusion , given the available evidence .

A large fleet is also probable , with inter time /dimensional capabilities ...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kinkykoala

i suppose god needed a vehicle just in case he needed to go to the toilet. i presume he did have one aboard? do you realize how utterly non-sensical that sounds?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

Your premise is a logical conclusion , given the available evidence .

A large fleet is also probable , with inter time /dimensional capabilities ...

A Large fleet is certain. Gabriel could be refereed to a star fleet instead of someones name. Adam and Eve could be two tribes. The Garden of Eden could be a terraformed glassed dome?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry, This topic has to be bumped for new comers to see. Incoming threads of non-logical logic.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

God is ominipotent, he does not need a space craft to to go anywhere.

The one who probably does need a spacecraft is that New Age Imposter Sananada.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

The first chapters of the Bible have a talking snake and depicts God as being able to create the Universe by sheer will alone. Later on God performs another impossible feat by managing to flood the entire Earth. There's also the tower of Babel where somehow God manages to confuse everyone's language skills. For every story you pick and choose that you can insert aliens into there are a dozen more where aliens don't fit no matter how far you stretch scripture. In the end all you are doing is robbing the verses of their proper mythical context in order to arbitrarily insert aliens where there are none. It is the same painfully poor reasoning that leads people to ancient astronaut theory every single time.

So God disguises himself as a pillar of fire, so what? Why would you insert aliens into that? You wouldn't insert them into the burning bush story would you? Clearly the burning bush was actually a high tech device that the aliens used to contact Moses

Just because you wrap it in sarcasm does not mean it is impossible. For all we know the burning bush could just be an electric light on the side of the craft with loudspeakers close by.

The OP is EVIDENCE not proof of technology being used in the past. Whenever the ancients saw things which were "impossible" they called it a dream and they attributed it to "God".

For every story you pick and choose that you can insert aliens into there are a dozen more where aliens don't fit no matter how far you stretch scripture.

So not every paragraph in the Bible is about aliens. What's your point? The Old Testament is ancient man's perception of things they did not understand. To me it's a combination of history, myth and embellishment of things that happened in the past. I also believe those aliens were maybe only 100 years or so more advanced than we are now.

In 2000 BC an alien craft lands and someone in the craft speaks to the man standing close by. He hears a voice coming out of a burning bush.

In 2000 AD an alien craft lands and someone in the craft speaks to the man standing close by. He hears a voice coming out of a loudspeaker close to an electric light on the side of the craft.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Christians believe that all the miraculous events of the Bible were supernatural occurences beyond rational explanation. Many claim that God is omnipotent and is not limited in any fashion yet the Bible itself reveals God to be VERY limited, especially in the methods he must use to interact with man. One of these methods that we will examine is God's need for physical crafts to transport himself and his angels from one location to another.
God disguised as a Rain Cloud

The Bible has many examples of God using flying vehicles to travel from one location to another. Often times we read of God hiding his spacecraft(s) in mysterious clouds. One reason God may have done this was in an attempt to hide his physical "chariot" or flying spaceship from the ignorant masses.

One of the first examples of God's use of cloud-covered UFO's in the Bible can be found in Exodus 13:21. In this passage, God is leading Moses and the Hebrews away from Egypt.

Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: 13:22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

God used his celestial vehicle and its weaponry to blind the Egyptians while being a spotlight for the Israelites. In the following passage, God's physical spacecraft is called the "angel of God." When this craft moves itself to the rear of the Israelite camp, the cloud follows suit.

Exodus 14:19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: 14:20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night. 14:24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians, 14:25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

Another common title used by the authors of the Bible for the actual glowing spacecraft that transported the heavenly messengers was "the glory of the Lord." This craft was often described as rainbow colored or metalic and glowing.

16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.

God explained to Moses that the reason for the cloud is so that people will recognize that it is God who was speaking with Moses and they will believe that Moses' word was God's word.

Exodus 19:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever.

The Bible describes God's descent upon the mount in a manner which would be consistent with an ancient Hebrew describing a rocketship landing:

Exodus 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled. 19:17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. 19:18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace and the whole mount quaked greatly.

God threatened any who attempted to get a close look at him or his celestial spacecraft with death. One reason for this threat may have been due to a radiation hazard, since God speaks of how he will not allow the radiation to "break forth" upon those who have been properly protected (by protective garments) or "sanctified."

Exodus 19:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go down, charge the people, lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze, and many of them perish. 19:22 and let the priests also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themsleves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. 19:23 And Moses said unto the LORD, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, saying, Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it. 19:24 And the LORD said unto him, Away, get thee down, and thou shalt come up, thou, and Aaron with thee: but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto the LORD lest he break forth upon them.

After Moses warned the people about God's desire for privacy, he returned to God's spacecraft. God's glowing craft: "Glory of the Lord" was now parked on the mount.

Exodus 24:15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. 24:16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. 24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

While up in God's cloud, Moses received instruction on how to construct the Ark of the Covenant, the Tabernacle, and how to offer sacrifices that will be "pleasing" to God. The Ark of the Covenant was a type of energy storage device that will be discussed in greater detail in a later article. Later, God once again descended in a cloud, this time he beamed down to speak with Moses "face to face."

Exodus 33:9 And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses. 33:10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

When the Lord makes a physical appearance it is from a beam of energy described as a cloud in the daylight and a pillar of fire in the nighttime. Modern witnesses of UFOs have described alien creatures transporting themselves, humans, and animals to and from their flying saucers in a similar beam of energy.

Exodus 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.

One time God's spacecraft landed in the tabernacle and Moses couldn't get in because the spacecraft was blocking the entrance. As long as God's "Glory" remained parked in the tabernacle, the Hebrews camped where they were. When God's "Glory" took off again, the Hebrews continued with their journey.

Exodus 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 40:36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys: 40:37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up. 40:38 For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

In the Book of Leviticus, Aaron's two sons attempted to offer incense to God without following the proper protective protocols and they were destroyed by God's "fire." Moses then told Aaron that God warned them of the dangers of not following the protective protocols of "sanctification" before approaching the craft and since they violated the protocols, they paid the price.

Leviticus 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not. 10:2 And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord. !0;3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the Lord spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

This event is very similar to the time when the Ark of the Covenant was being transported on a cart. When the Ark was shaken and appeared to be about to fall, one of the cart drivers reached out to stablize it. Since he was not properly insulated he was immediately electrocuted and died on the spot. (2 Samuel 6:6-9)

Apparently, when God is pulling maintenance on his "Glory" there are times when it is dangerous to be near the vehicle. This is probably due to the changes in the fabric of space/time which have been described to take place around alien vehicles which are able to alter their relative densities during interdimensional travel. Betty Andreason describes a similar phenomenon in her encounters with alien vehicles. (See "The Watchers" by Raymond Fowler)

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
edit on December 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: added proper EX tags for external material

oh, reallly, did you meet god? how can you say this? who are you, DEVINE? YOU ARE PATHETIC, you make me sick space/time a ripple in the bubble,alien. you make me sick, you are the fabric of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Which God?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

here, let me help you. LOVE, thats ist.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

The OP is EVIDENCE not proof of technology being used in the past. Whenever the ancients saw things which were "impossible" they called it a dream and they attributed it to "God".

Actually it's neither evidence or proof despite your baseless assertion that these events were real and were just attributed to God. It would make just as much sense to assume that they are true in the most literal sense and that Yahweh was a real supernatural being as it would to rip the myths out of context and add modern or alien technology.

So not every paragraph in the Bible is about aliens. What's your point?

None of the passages in the Bible are about aliens. Usually the Bible is talking about Yahweh, a Canaanite storm god who later became the monotheistic pillar of modern Christianity and Judaism. My point is that you're taking selected passages as serious accounts while rejecting other accounts as mythology. Is there a reason why those other accounts aren't also mythology? The only reason ancient astronaut proponents pull those certain accounts is because they know that, once out of their proper mythological context, they can reinterpret them as aliens. Any stories too far-fetched for aliens to be inserted are ignored.

To me it's a combination of history, myth and embellishment of things that happened in the past.

Much of it probably is, however that doesn't mean you get to insert aliens wherever you want when you have no evidence to suggest they actually exist. These accounts cannot be evidence of aliens anymore than they can be evidence that these GODS actually existed or that there really was a world wide flood.

He hears a voice coming out of a burning bush.

Only you've completely made up the part about a craft, it's a fabrication.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It will never make sense if these "Gods" really existed...You gotta look at other religions. Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

But ancient astronaut proponents ARE saying that these gods existed, they're saying they existed BUT were actually aliens. Of course it doesn't make sense for them to actually exist as gods, but that's the point, it doesn't make sense to claim they were aliens either.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

But ancient astronaut proponents ARE saying that these gods existed, they're saying they existed BUT were actually aliens. Of course it doesn't make sense for them to actually exist as gods, but that's the point, it doesn't make sense to claim they were aliens either.

Are you assuming they are something else? What would that be? I am interested.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What would that be?

It's mythology.

There's no reason to assume that any of the supernatural aspects are true or actually took place and there's even less reason to then reinterpret those supernatural events out of context to insert aliens.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting thread! This does really make me think that God was a malevolent E.t!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
He' s spirit.... so the encounter Moses had, where God agreed to let Moses see his backside....( not paraphrasing here)....he was without ship....
unless he showed Moses his afterburners....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join