It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of canadian teens think america is evil

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The question is why do 40% of Canadian teens think America is evil.
The answer is because America is, in no small part, quite evil.

No. The answer is ... as I said ... because they don't know any better,
because they are under the influence of their reigning parents who
read left wing anti-American newspapers, and because they are under
the influence of their 'idols' ... who are mostly movie stars and rock
singers who (for the most part) ignorantly just love to bash America.
They think America is evil because they don't know any better.
THAT is the answer.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Im canadian...we are a peace country and u guys...the u.s are the exact opposite of us and thats why we think u are evil as a whole. i would never disrepect an american jst for the fact he is american but amereica jst starts so many bull # wars. i think i can see why kids voted us evil.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
lol @ all the ASSuming going on here regarding this. Nobody here knows the situations, predicaments, opinions or WHY the 40% feel as they do, they just do k ? sheeesh just read the report and quit tryna make excuses for them.

That number is alot lower than I would have thought also. I would love to see more reports like this from other nations, I am sure it would be a wake up call America needs ... not that they (the .gov and even some arrogant people just to clarify) would care though, right ?

I used to love America, I still love the cultures and good people U can meet, but I don't love their government and well, that's who's running the show right ? She needs new leaders is all

[edit on 27-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
well finally after reading 10 pages I would like to say a few things

to the people talking about the war of 1812 America did in fact attack first (and got their butt's kicked I might add) and I might be mistaken but I believe that when we burned down the white house
1 it wasn’t the white house yet is was just the presidents house (when they rebuilt it they didn’t know what colour to paint it so they left it white)
2 (this is what I might be wrong about) We didn’t burn down the presidents house until after the war of 1812

And for all of you (many) people who keep commenting things like "I don’t care" you should because even though they may be teenagers now they will grow up to be in control of the country and if u want are help in a war (again) and if it actually has a purpose (unlike Vietnam and Iraq) don’t expect to get it with people who think your "evil" in charge (not that I agree with them)

Also if u don’t care then why post?

About the Fox news unfortunately it isn’t in Canada (along with other American channels like TNT ext)

On another note Canadians aren’t uneducated about American history, by the time their 18 they should know plenty about it, and for the people saying America had a very good history just lately has been a little rocky, I can name many times in history when you have done something sinister (like for example when working on the railroads bringing over Chinese/Coolies to work on it promising to pay them enough so that later they could bring over the rest of their family, but cheating them and in the end they would be in debt)

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by d1k

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
no we just think canada is weird

Canada is by far the greatest country this world has ever seen, hands down. Take the best of all the other countries in the world and put them together, you get Canada.

Yeah, if you leave Quebec out of the equation.

Agreed

Originally posted by bartholomeo
One Capital Sin is called ENVY and it lives in the minds of many people specially in canadians.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by bartholomeo]

why would Canada be jealous/envy the US? Here we have pretty much everything u have but without the war’s

Originally posted by American Mad Man
This is just great - 40% of teenagers feel the US is evil.

OK, well if we are sooooooo evil, maybe we should just cut all ties with them. Then the Canadian economy falls, and they can't buy computer or pay there phone bills. Then 100% would hate us, but hey - at least they would be justified.

Yes we would loose 20 % of exports but u would loose 17% of your imports (not to mention 20% of your oil imports) and we would have no trouble finding other countries to trade with

Originally posted by sniper068
I sure it has to do with the Stanley Cup, the last Canadian team to win the cup was the Montreal Canadians in 1993. OUCH..........

Sadly true but we came awfully close last season (when my fan crazy home team Calgary should have won it in game 6 in overtime) it’s a conspiracy to stop the Canadians from winning!! Also though u have to keep in mind more then half of American’s team’s players are Canadian.

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
60% of Western Canadians think central Canada is evil but then "they" control the media. (Central Libs that is). Therefore all the negative crap coming out of so called Canada is really coming from Quebec & Ontario.
Western Canadians love Americans.

Yeah here in Alberta we might have had are disagreements and reasons to be mad at America (like BSE and closing the boarders) and we still don’t really like your government (in class we had a vote and I think 90% of the people hated/ thought George Bush was evil for numerous reasons) but we don’t hate your people, and in Alberta were not liberal at all (thank god)

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
In one telephone poll of teens between the ages of 14 and 18, over 40 per cent of the respondents described the United States as being "evil".

That's nothing. Forty percent of US teens can't find Canada on a map.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Common Knowledge

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

But you really should give the other 60% credit for knowing where Canada is -- even if they may think it's part of the United States, like Mexico.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Common Knowledge

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

But you really should give the other 60% credit for knowing where Canada is -- even if they may think it's part of the United States, like Mexico.

lol speaking of that my friends cousin's dad (who lives in california) did actually think mexico was a state, and this is an adult too not just a teenager

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't understand why all you americans are pissed. So they hate us? so what? wtf is the big deal,a lot of americans hate canadians for no reason, at least they have good reasons for thinking that we evil. And i don't know why you all lie to yourselves, america sucks and it IS evil. The biggest reason that they are evil, is because they have brainwashed themselves and a lot of the citizens that america is the best and they know what's best for everyone else in the world. No other country in the world tries to tell other countries what to do more than america. And if you don't belive what they belive and are on they side, then it's like "screw you, we're either gonna cut you off from all american aid or bomb your @$$" They think that usa is the best and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. And for whoever said i was being to critical with the segregation thing, segregation only ended about 60 years ago...that's not enough time to forgive and forget. Nevermind the fact that it still exists to this day, just in a different form. I'm an american and i hate my country, there's something wrong with that...it's not my fault though because if you look at america throughout history you'll see it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Anyone who looks at america without the blinders off will see they've ALWAYS been about greed, money, power, and forcing they values on people. Where is the greatness in that? They had a good idea with the whole "we should be democratic and be able to live free" thing, but that wasn't true for many years for some ppl...and to a lesser extent, it's not avalible today in the paranoid "oh my god the terrorists are around every corner" over policed society we live in today. so what there was a few americans that did some good, it still doesn't make up in my mind for what the majority of people have done in the past, and a lot of people continue to do today. So yeah, i ain't mad at these kids, and i agree with these canadian kids, usa IS evil.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
And i don't know why you all lie to yourselves, america sucks and it IS evil.

Quickly! Before you are further contaminated, pack all your valuables and flee! There are millions who will gladly take your place and will be very grateful for the opportunity.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Does it really matter what canadian teens think?

You must care a great deal since you posted this.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think the more concerning issue is Americans who think America is evil. I have seen more and more who aren't so proud of her anymore, and I think that is sad
I feel the same way about Australia, eh what do U do ? it's not our fault as citizens ... or maybe it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Quickly! Before you are further contaminated, pack all your valuables and flee! There are millions who will gladly take your place and will be very grateful for the opportunity.

Good for them. Let em have it. It has always been my intention that once i got a little more money saved up to move to another country. I actually lived in canda for close to 2 years , so maybe that's why i'm sympathetic. People don't think it's that different up there, but it's like night and day. i dunno, i just think i'd be more happier up there, or somewhere else where i dont gotta worry about some of the bs like we have in the usa.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok......... How did U.S.A. get to be a world power in a short time line?
We have just been around for a little over 200 years.
No other can say they have done this.
We just need to weed out or deBush some and get someone in office that is for the people and not for themselves!

We all have our bad apples.......... All you need to eat is just one not make you wish not to eat apples aver again.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fortunate Sun

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous

Short answer: vitamins.

Long answer: location, location, location!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Fortunate Sun

Long answer: location, location, location

I live in Florida so don't give me that location crap.We are now the shoting gallery for storms.

I am hoping that at lest my taxes will go down and the land will not be so $$. That would be a good thing though.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
wow... I very rarely post... but this thread has got my fingertips hot and itchy.

Some of you people are really pathetic. The biggest laugh I got out of this entire thread is the guy who claims to be from MENSA.

*gee... look at me.. I'm the spelling police... you cannot spell rediculous!*

hahahahahaha.... give me a break. I guess being humble and/or modest is a topic overlooked in your giant brain club.

and all who say, "who CAAAARES what CDN teens think of us!?"... you are truely lost in the sauce. I don't think I'd be too happy walking around every day knowing that the world hated me, and if you're too stupid to do anything about it... then so be it.

I guess it truely is blissful....

*shakes head*

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
You, my uneducated, ignorant American friend are rediculas

...Ive changed my mind. This is why WE think you guys are evil... or at least the gun weilding hicks like this guy!.... And Iam an adult.
You make me sick!

[edit on 7/6/04 by HumptyDumpty]

Awwww, I think somebody needs a hug. How funny that you call him uneducated when you can't even spell rediculous It's not that we don't care what Canadian teens think of us, wait, yeah it is. I'll say it too, I don't care what Canadian teens think of the US. And before you say I am uneducated too, think first. I am extremely intelligent, ever heard of Mensa? Well I am a member. And in case you don't know who they are, it's the high IQ society. Oh one more thing, why don't you call the

So intelligent you also cannot spell ridiculous...

But hey, Einstein is supposed to have forgotten every significant date in his life, so what are a few misplaced letters to one such as you?

I mean, you're mixing singular and plural terms in a single definition and you're forgetting to separate your clauses with punctuation, proof right there of your Mensa credentials. Still, what can one expect from a nation that spells gaol with a j and hypothesise with a z? Or, worse, colour without a u?

Evil, I say. Pure evil.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Does it really matter what canadian teens think?

Ding Ding Ding
You hit it.
This poll should definately win the international Who Gives a (Crap) Award.

#1- You should care what an ally thinks.

Canadians should practice what they preach in this regard, especially when it comes to the definition of an ally.

I agree. Where were they in 1940 when Hitler was about to invade Britain? Bloody Canadians, hiding behind their Atlantic Ocean, keeping out of the war.

Or in 1915 when the Kaiser was on his grand tour of western Europe?

Say, who were those snipers who died in Afghanistan, killed by a mis-aimed US bomb? Wouldn't be more US allies killed by yet another US blue-on-blue screw-up, would they?

Know why the Canadian Airborne Regiment was disbanded? Know where it was?

I guess the difference is that the world didn't need convincing that Hitler was a dangerous nut, only the US.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
And I'm sure 40% of American teens would describe Canada as "Pussies".

They would be as right as the Canadian teens.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Fortunate Sun

Long answer: location, location, location!

Don't forget good timing and blind luck

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join