It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of canadian teens think america is evil

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
And I'm sure 40% of American teens would describe Canada as "Pussies".

They would be as right as the Canadian teens.

Canada doesnt fight if they dont need to, if that makes us pussies fine. But every time that we do fight we fight with great honor and do a damn good job. 1 out of ever 10 men on D day was a canuck and i could bring up lots of other instances such as that. I dont think americans are evil but i do think they do many self centered things, for the bastion of freedom i expect your example to be one that i wish to aspire too, not one that is nearly embarassing.

Americans are not evil at all, they are good honest people that really do care. The poeple that make the decisions arnt evil either just they are there to do the best for the states and only the states (the poeple that elect them), unfortunatly that means that they often cant care about others... i fear this is what makes them appear to be evil when in actuallity they certainly are not.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Super Strokey

And I'm sure 40% of American teens would describe Canada as "Pussies".

They would be as right as the Canadian teens.

Canada doesnt fight if they dont need to, if that makes us pussies fine. But every time that we do fight we fight with great honor and do a damn good job. 1 out of ever 10 men on D day was a canuck and i could bring up lots of other instances such as that. I dont think americans are evil but i do think they do many self centered things, for the bastion of freedom i expect your example to be one that i wish to aspire too, not one that is nearly embarassing.

Americans are not evil at all, they are good honest people that really do care. The poeple that make the decisions arnt evil either just they are there to do the best for the states and only the states (the poeple that elect them), unfortunatly that means that they often cant care about others... i fear this is what makes them appear to be evil when in actuallity they certainly are not.

And that's exactly my point. Most 14, 15,16, 17, and 18 year olds simply don't have a clue, and these generalisations such as "America is evil" or "Canadians are yellow bellied candy asses" are a result of thier adolecent idiocy.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

And that's exactly my point. Most 14, 15,16, 17, and 18 year olds simply don't have a clue, and these generalisations such as "America is evil" or "Canadians are yellow bellied candy asses" are a result of thier adolecent idiocy.

They are still Canadas next generations, which is a cause for concern.
America isn't evil anyway, parts of the U.S. government are though.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I guess I sort of got in late on this thread, but it is heartwarming to see that 60% of Canadian teens don't think America is evil.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, first of all, let me just state for the record that I am a Canadian teenager (17 to be exact), so perhaps I can shed some light on why a portion of my peers seem to view America as “evil”. Firstly, a large portion of my friends and colleagues have little to no interest in politics of any sort, and as such, their knowledge regarding the subject is fairly limited. This is not to say that they are all narrow-minded dimwits, just that their interests, understandably, lie elsewhere. Also, what information they do garner is usually obtained through the mass media, which is sometimes biased towards a particular political ideology. This results in their world views becoming slightly skewed, and their ideas about certain groups of people may be a little off the mark. Additionally, it seems to me that the most popular view with adolescents my age is one that places America in a less than favourable light, and many may just feel that way to fit in. At any rate, I do all I can to see as many sides of an issue as possible, and have come to the conclusion that America is not, in fact, evil. Granted, the current administrations’ foreign policy is debateable, but the view that America as a whole is evil is a pathetic and uneducated stereotype. I hope that those who currently feel that America is evil will soon realize how childish and stereotypical their views are, and join the rest of us in pursuing the true evil of the world, those cheese eating surrender monkeys, the French.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I hope that those who currently feel that America is evil will soon realize how childish and stereotypical their views are, and join the rest of us in pursuing the true evil of the world, those cheese eating surrender monkeys, the French.

(Let Me be the first to say........ You write better then 60% of the people I see around here! Good show!
I myself write like ........ hmmm....... I would say crap, but that's being nice.

I am glad that You feel that way about us in the U.S. You are what's going to be the future! Good luck Kid

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I am extremely intelligent, ever heard of Mensa? Well I am a member. And in case you don't know who they are, it's the high IQ society. Oh one more thing, why don't you call the

IQ is your ability to learn. Obviously, you've chosen not to use it.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

They are still Canadas next generations, which is a cause for concern.
America isn't evil anyway, parts of the U.S. government are though.

I dont even think that they are evil its just a matter of choices, who should they look out for first? the people that elected them or the people that hate them? I know that the americans are supposed to look after everyone being a world leader but to be honest they cant do it all. People need to start realizing that the american government is there for the world, but rather just the american people.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I believe that you guys are missing the big picture here, if Canada one of the closest countries to you think this than why mock them. If I personally being from Finland (having only seen and heard what is going on in your country on tv and what I read on the net) can form an opinion on your country is one thing. But when your closest neighbour have this to say then obvioulsy that is something to listen to.

I think that there is reason for you guys to take more notice to what world has to say, and not to treat it like criticism but as observations. I do not believe that the american people are in any way "evil" (like some in the middle east) or stupid, but I think it's time the world started hearing the voice of the americans and not those of your politicians and your goverment.

I have to say that my opinion of your goverment is not something that you want kids to hear. This mostly because of documents that had leaked out of the american goverment labeling my country as Communist sympathiesers during the cold war, and was considered collaterel damage in the event of war.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
OK guys, I've read the entire post and still shake my head at some of the comments. I don't think that the US is evil, but it is easy to see why it can be seen as that.
Being a Canadian with 40 some years under my belt, I've had an opportunity to see the US at work. What they do isn't evil, as much as self centered and bullying. The powers that be in the US take a veiwpoint and decide that it is correct no matter what. Then they enforce that veiwpoint with what ever force is required to make it a reality. Canada gets the blunt edge of that force alot, and Mexico is experiencing it as well.
Starting in the 50's the US has worked hard to keep industrial power out of the hands of it's neighbours, prefering us to be resource based economies. When we made strides in an area that they claimed as their own, they use whatever means and threats necessary to stifle them. A.V.Roe builds the worlds best aircraft- US pressure and threats shut down the project and US headhunters hire the now unemployed workers. Canadian auto plants doing better than American counterparts- the big three close most Canadian plants. Canadian Crown corporations provide services at less cost than American utility companies- pressure on Canada to break monopoly and allow US firms into the country. Privatization ensues, with an increase in prices and decrease in service. Lumber companies in the US running low on timber, and can't break into Canadian Crown lands- NAFTA forced on us and now there are no Canadian companies to speak of in the lumber industry.
The list is long and disgusting. The US hasn't done a fair trade with Canada in the last hundred years. And because politicians can be bought or cowed into submission, you aren't likely to see the Canadian government taking a hard line stand anytime soon.
And for those US guys out there who don't know it, we are the most dangerous nation in the world for you to invade. All we have to do is wait until winter time and start closing valves and opening switches. We supply most of the electrical power and natural gas for the northern half of the US. 24 hours without power and heat in january would cause a huge toll on your population and infrastructure. Not to mention removing your troops from Canada, as they were recalled to aid the civil powers in trying to save as many people as possible.
No, I don't think that the US is evil, just shortsighted and arrogant.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm certain a lot of people in the world feel America is evil...but being American let me tell you........it's ALLLLL GOOOD!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am inclined to believe that the majority of people in America are not Evil. They are people just wanting to live their lives normally.

Your government on the other hand has done some terrible things to the people of America and to the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You should care what teen-Can's think. Why? Because they won't always be teens.

Intrepid nailed this one back in 2004.

Remember...American kids grow-up too

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Like when we think about, lets say the German population during WW2.........Why didn't they do anything, couldnt they figure out what was going on?

In another 1 or 100 years, we, or the people of the day will wonder....Why didnt the american population do anything?

Like a a lot of Countries around the world are thinking already.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Steff

I used to wonder that myself when reading about the first and second World War. Now I am living in a time when I see why with my own two eyes, only that its the US instead of Germany.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If Canada thinks the USA is evil, why haven't they declared war on the USA yet?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Canadians, like most countries in the world, are taught to hate Americans young.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taylor345
If Canada thinks the USA is evil, why haven't they declared war on the USA yet?

Whoa. Super random thread last post in 2007 and you hit it up with that? Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This thread is 15 years old

Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This thread is 15 years old

Just sayin.

Strange someone with no posting history would hit this one with a one liner, right?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join