It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilot70
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

How dare you .... I have a gay friend that i have known and spent time with almost daily for the last 20 years. I am strongly opposed to gay rights, since i find it eroding to our society, and the stabilising qualities of the family unit.

My friend knows this, and we have still been very close for 20 years, and we still are, we just disagree.

Friendship does not require that you agree on things .... you can just agree to disagree and enjoy the person anyways.

In my opinion homosexuality is a disorder in the sexual function of the brain, just like pedophilia, and other similar disorders.

We do not help homosexuals by having phobias, and not by giving rigths, but by funding research to get rid of that disorder.

Logically there is no difference from being attracted to same sex, kids, animals, airplanes, carrots, tractors or anything else that is not the opposite sex .

It is an error in the sexual system of the brain.

Giving rights or punishing is both plain stupid, instead try to cure the disease.

Gay rights only help to bury the problem, define it as normal and the problem goes away ?!?

And my gay friend through 20 years, fully respect my view.

Have you - OP - even lived for 20 years ?

You are as judgemental as the worst muslim fundies.
edit on 15-1-2011 by pilot70 because: (no reason given)

Pics or didn't happen applies.

A homosexual man or woman would disagree it's a disorder and they don't need rights as a human being for it unless they have friends like you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pilot70

How dare you .... I have a gay friend that i have known and spent time with almost daily for the last 20 years. I am strongly opposed to gay rights, since i find it eroding to our society, and the stabilizing qualities of the family unit.

Wow! Such a hypocrite, or just frickin block-headed.

How on earth can you honestly be friends with somebody who you believe is "eroding society and destabilizing the family"?????? Those are some strong words there. I can't help but wonder how that gay person can stand being friends with you??

Obviously there is only one answer:

Your "friend" is neither eroding society; nor is he/she destabilizing anyone's family. You are lying plain and simple.

edit on 1/15/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MaOtCtKiIcNuGsBIRD

I agree 100%!!

Just because your gay it doesnt mean you have to run around flapping your hands and calling everyone darling and pretending to be women with the way you act.

Makes you look incredibly stupid

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by MaOtCtKiIcNuGsBIRD

I agree 100%!!

Just because your gay it doesnt mean you have to run around flapping your hands and calling everyone darling and pretending to be women with the way you act.

Makes you look incredibly stupid

Just like this comment made you look incredibly stupid.
Following the media's stereotype of gay men?

Gay men and women I know personally don't 'run around flapping' their hands.

Before I ask you what defines a woman or man, seeing as both 'genders' have exactly the same chemicals and in regards to having organs inserted and/or removed taking away 'gender', why are you so obsessed with stereotypes? And why do you get to judge how someone can or cannot act?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You know I thought this thread said I have Gray friends, um...no you don't. But sadly it was not that original and interesting as that...LOL!

Oh and I am surprised this drivel has 60 pages? Really???
You alll are feeding some idotic stupid backbiting fishery!
edit on 17-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

im a lesbian woman my self, i think its discusting there are homophobes out there still, we are humanm beings to, if anything it makes the homophobes less humanthan those who accept and support it and less human then homosexuals then selvs, who are they to judge whats rite or wrong, its dictatorship just like the government, how would they like peolple told tell them how to live there lives? howm would they like it if people told them they didnt like them cause of the way they look? homophobisim is as bad as recisim! to all those who support gays lesbians and transgenders i say thank you and bless you.

edit on 19/01/2011 by Tahnya86 because: Typoes

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I am open to drugs because I smoke marijuana ... But I find the idea of smoking crack to be "not for me"
I am open to homosexuality because (not only because) I think lesbians are the "bee's knee's" but homosexual men is "not for me"

Oh, my hypocrisy runs soooo deep. I hope the humor is picked up on.. for this is all this post was meant for.

Anyone that thinks they should be allowed to dictate someones sexual freedoms, should refrain from teaching their kids ANYTHING.. You should have a more evolved human do it for you!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I am gay! I have gay friends as well. I want us to have kids and get married too.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I haven't read this whole thread but would like to add to some of the things I did read. I am a lesbian but I do not agree with these gay rights. Your heterosexual lives have tainted what the gay community feels they need to be equal with. I call B.S.! I do not want to be a part of your "institution of marriage". My relationship is not an institution. Great I cant serve in the military to kill others because of disagreements...great. It would be like me wanting to start a war with heterosexuals. No, I do not have friends who disagree with my lifestyle but still want to be my "friend". Friendship is love and anything that goes against respect for the other is not friendship. Does that mean I have no respect for others...no, I do respect and let it be as it may. People always want what they don't have and this equality crap makes no sense. I do not want to be equal to you and your hateful homophobic ways. "I have straight friends but ewwww they disgust me"....nah doesn't sound right to my ears or heart or mind. I have friends all different in color, religion, beliefs...but we all have one thing in common, respect and love for one another. And if something is so important to any of my friends I will gladly change my way of thinking as long it has no hate or hurt or wrong doing involved. I can change my mind for the better. Just as long as I do not change myself. And they would do the same for me.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
These kids of discussions always amaze me.. seriously. I MUST be an alien or something but I tend not to make friends based on their sexuality and I certainly dont immediately ask someone who they are poking and how they do it before deciding on friendship. In fact, I really dont care what or who you are doing as long as its with a consenting adult. IMO people are much more than their sexuality... including things which are not of their choice and things they choose.

It seems to me that some are a little overly interested in others sexuality.. like obsessively interested. Unhealthy interested. I am wondering why they try to figure out what everyone is doing in their bedrooms upon meeting them. Thats pretty creepy.. by far more creepy than a gay guy or a lesbian simply loving who they wish to love.

I was one of those" EWWWW queers" folks.. then I grew up. I cant think of a time past adolescence that I disliked someone for being gay or really gave a crap. I kind of figure that when I became settled and mature in my own sexual identity I wasnt judging others or seeking out knowledge of others preferences. Maybe the gay haters or the ones who seem so twisted internally over someone else's choices havent reached that pont of a mature sexual identity of their own yet.. and feel threatened? WHo knows I guess.

Im an older woman.. sliding ( snowballing) down the wrong side of middle age. I have kids and a husband. My husband is pretty much of the same mind that I am and our children have never been taught one way or the other how to feel about homosexuality. Theyve been given both sides of the issue.. including the religious one. They can make their own choices on how they individually feel about it after being armed with all of the knowledge I can possibly give to them concerning the issue and the NON-issue of it. On a side note.. I have had more of a problem with heterosexuals speaking of inappropriate things in front of my children than any gay person we have ever encountered, had as friends, or enjoy and love as family members. Thats the truth.

For me, homosexuality isnt my thing. I like men.
I figure my personal choices shouldnt dictate to others what they choose to do or what they are born to desire. I want people who are in my bubble to be secure normal indiviuals with integrity and intelligence. SOmehow a persons sexuality concerning being hetero or homo really hasnt ever factored into that. The homosexuals of either gender have NEVER been inappropriate with my children or myself. SOme of these weird stories I hear are either complete fantasy ( gotta wonder about that one) or people have chosen to surround themselves with trash... and then whine about it.

Im a Christian and have been for a number of years.. thats MY choice that I dont try to push upon others. I have never had a conflict with my personal relationship with God and any homosexual in my bubble. They do not answer to me for what I believe my God demands.. they will answer to Him.. or no one. I do believe that there is a genetic, chemical or chromosonal issue with many people who are homosexual and I can not imagine my God hating anyone who has no choice in the matter and was created in that way. I personally want peolple to be happy healthy and whole... and able to live decent lives with people they love without persecution by man.

Lets see.. raving hypocrite or flaming homo as a friend? Flamer will win out every time. ( and no, I dont know any stereotypical :flaming: gay guys, I was taking it to the extremes. LOL!)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I respect your honesty and agree with you fully. As I stated on page 60 I am a lesbian. You are very correct in the things you wrote. I feel the same with others around me. If we have have no common grounds then so be it. We must love and respect all. That does not mean we need to huggy huggy everyone! I live my life in the way only I see fit. As long as I am happy and content then I am doing well for myself...I wish everyone to do the same. Leave yourself no room to judge others. Do not pay attention to others differences. If we all do this on a personal Me Me level then I feel we can become one. I do not need anyone to waste their own precious time worrying about my life..it takes away from there own self living.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To you sir, who believes being gay means something is wrong with you,

Please tell me how that "friendship" works. You love your friend, but not only do you not want the best for them, but now you think he has something mentally wrong with him? Lol, I have never heard such ignorance. I have heard that defense before only for it to be ignorance. I can't wait till everything starts being a "mental defiancy" just because you're different. Honestly, you disgust me as a human being. Not everything has to do with the mind, just because you like the same sex you immediately have mental problems, what next, just because you like rainbows your freaken crazy? I like applejuice, but not grape juice I deserve to be in a straight jacket? Leave your ignorance outside the door, don't bring your bull and claim to love a friend who you don't want the best for.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
I like applejuice, but not grape juice I deserve to be in a straight jacket? .

Using that analogy then surely men who are straight and dislike homosexual activites do not deserve to be tainted as bigots?

The problem with all you pro gays is that you take it one step too far and forget that others are entitled to their oppinions.

I find the act of homosexuality purely disgusting and wrong. However, I do not treat homosexuals any differently. At the end of the day what people do behind closed doors is up to them.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, id like to say allot of you are rite and allot are wrong, to the fella who said he is ok with lesbian women but not gay men, thats not funny,infact its discusting to know men out there think of lesbians as a sex object and think homosexual males are sick, and to everyone who accepts homosexuality i say thank you, tyo those who dislike it but dont hold any grudges and are willing to let people live there lives,m it takes allot of courage to say and accept that, your allm entitled to like and dislike what you feel, just dont incite hate or violence, we are people too, its not a choice its the way you are born, its proven!n let bigons be bigons as they say
treat others how you wish you or your children to be treated.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

YOU SHOOK HANDS WITH BRUCE DICKINSON AND STEVE HARRIS ?!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Would it make you physically sick if I told you, I dont just look at lesbians as a sex object. I also use pictures and videos of lesbians for self gratification.. How ya like them apples?

In fact I have a Bi ex that used to pick up bi women for us so all 3 of us could become sexual objects..

Get over yourself.. Are you implying that I can not find lesbians sexually arousing? Simply because I don't find 2 men sexually arousing? I have ZERO problem with homosexuality...And if you had the motivation to read the thread before opening your complaining hole, you would have known that.

I find lesbians HOT - 2 men NOT - Problem with that?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Would it make you physically sick if I told you, I dont just look at lesbians as a sex object. I also use pictures and videos of lesbians for self gratification.. How ya like them apples?

In fact I have a Bi ex that used to pick up bi women for us so all 3 of us could become sexual objects..

Get over yourself.. Are you implying that I can not find lesbians sexually arousing? Simply because I don't find 2 men sexually arousing? I have ZERO problem with homosexuality...And if you had the motivation to read the thread before opening your complaining hole, you would have known that.

I find lesbians HOT - 2 men NOT - Problem with that?

Hear hear!

2nd

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This thread is absurd.

Many gay people themselves oppose gay marraige (why on earth would you want the government to impose conditions upon your relationship?).

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If a gay guy can't be friends with someone who opposes same-sex marraige etc. etc. than it's the gay guy who is intolerant.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join