It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police state expansion?: Mobile prison guard towers showing up in local neighborhoods!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I wonder if the tinted windows are strong enough to protect against a hacked DVD laser inside a flashlight body? You know, the ones that can light paper on fire from 50ft?

Might suck for whoever is inside, if this theory is ever tested.

BTW, modern day rednecks don't just play with trucks or paintball ya know.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yep. That is close to where I was living for a number of years when I started seeing these crop up. And the constant patrolling and random plate checks and traps. I could not shop anywhere without being stopped at exits to stores and enduring security checking my receipts and purchases. They did this to everyone. I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. This one of many reasons why I got the hell out.

Where I'm at now, the police presence is so low, I hardly ever see the sheriff. I see highway patrol on weekends up on the highway trying to catch drunks. I can go to town and do my shopping without being seen as a suspect. I can actually leave my car unlocked while I run into the gas station because no one is hardly there.

I cannot think of one downside to getting away from the police state measures. It's possible that it could move out into the rural areas... but for now I feel like I can breathe and that I'm not seen as a potential criminal or terrorist.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Man history has a way of repeating itself. This is just like the 50's when the government was every WHERE trying to inforce the law. From the way things are going we are in the late 50's now and soon we will be entering in a second 60's...stupid but awesome war, great music, protest against the government you know it. First it starts off with unusual police towers in a simple Walmart parking lot and next thing you know there are towers in your very own backyard. We can't run...they will find us.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Myself.. I cant wait untill all hell breaks loose.. right now Ill obay what the police say, only because if I # up now, ill just be a headline on local news.. But besides all of that... how many other people see "homeland security vehicles", the ones I see around here are ALWAYS parked, and look like u-hauls, and they look pretty friendly like bread trucks, but clearly say HOMELAND SECURITY on the side of them. I would also go on about the amount of people around here locked up over a bit of Marijuana, but that would be some what off topic. But again, every time ive been pulled over, usually for my cracked windshield.. they treat me like a trafficker, tearing the car appart to find NOTHING.. I mean jesus christ, this is #ing insane, these people have the right to just search anybody for anyreason.. How about just ticket me for the reason they pulled me over, how the # does that give them the right to go beyond such. Im probably verry off topic, but police have too much power, and courts usually favor there aspect of the judgement

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boblazar2010

I normally dont directly flame someone.

BUT!

ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT?

Why would you aim a weapon at another person? Unloaded or otherwise? If your gun etiquette is that bad, I hope to never see you in the field or at the range!

thats REAL smart. If he wasnt an anti gunner before, you might have helped push him over.

the twenty bucks? yeah. thats bright. had I been the cop/civilian in the box, I'd would have let them take it and the car!

dont be an asshat. it WILL come back on ya eventually.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have seen these things for like 10 years. I live in texas. They are in many parking lots. They especially pop up in tons of parking lots during this time of the year when heavy shopping is underway. They pass it off to be just another thing to "help" deter shoplifters and people who steal stuff from cars. They are also basically permanent in many locations like malls, and shopping centers. Especially near electronics stores. but yeah, nothing new at all, i have noticed them since high school, that was like 10 plus years ago.

I always feel like im going to get picked off by a cop when i see them, they are like deer stands, i refer to them as people stands, cause like i said, it feels like there are cops up in them pointing guns at people waiting to take anyone out cause they get bored.

they just creep me out.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

kickass...lol...i'm on it

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boblazar2010
I have seen these portable police observation towers at several locations. Only one had an occupant...I did have a little fun with him however, since this one was located outside a gunshow.
First, I parked right next to the tower, left my windows down and my car unlocked, then I taped a $20 to the dash(in plain sight of the officer), then i shined a green laser at teh box until he came on his speaker and asked me to stop...now that I had his attention, I asked him to make sure no one came close to my car and it was his duty to protect it for me.

I bought a rifle with a scope at the show...as I approached my car, I kept looking thru the scope at the tower...the officer asked me to stop pointing a gun at him...he attempted to lower the tower, but I had parked too closely and he was unable to get out before I left.

I like the paintball idea, however, be careful of getting hammered for vandalism to public property.

You are an absolute fool for pulling such a childish stunt as this. You are not mature enough to carry a firearm or a replica of one.

You could have - and should have, imo - landed in the local clink for that antic.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
NYPD has had these towers all over The Bronx for years. If you only knew all the police state antics you all complain about have been in The Bronx for years. We get constantly searched and harassed for no reason.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Be ready to strike back. We are all terrorists to these fascist scum who want to reduce human beings to a cell on a corporate spreadsheet. You are the leader. You are the resistance.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Geez, whats next? A personal armed/armored mobility suit? Something in the order of a cyborg with weapons for taking out a small city? They're really afraid of us. Lets give them more reasons to fear.
edit on 25-12-2010 by clameater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I don't have a clue what the crime rate was in the parking lot. I was heading from Miami to Nashville. I was heading from one project to the other. So, it is not an area I know at all. I was just pointing out that it was not a holiday issue.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We have had these mobile police towers here in Plano, TX for several years. I don't know if they fudge statistics, but the stats show a significant reduction of car theft, shoplifting and muggings, etc. when these towers are present. I know some people hate it when law enforcement uses new tactics/technology to keep crime in check; however, I see no problem with it and I certainly feel much better about letting my wife go shopping when she is going to one of the stores that use these towers.

I say
to them!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
seriously! they are just watching us more over to get the people who might rebel into jail. the more people in jail the less they have to worry about. this makes me think of the new world order just taking more control of us. if we do not do something about these things now then they will be everywhere... and i mean every where.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeon9010
seriously! they are just watching us more over to get the people who might rebel into jail. the more people in jail the less they have to worry about.

Because when people rebel, they do it at Wal*mart? Or shopping malls?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wow, someone with some common sense. It's hilarious how a tower pops up somewhere, and the paranoid ATS crowd panics.

Anyone think that maybe someone did a study and simply erecting one of these in an area might reduce crime? I can see them erecting one, never once stationing an officer in it and crime is still reduced due to it's visibility. Sounds like it could be smart policing and a great tax money investment if it does work!

I hope one of you freaks suggesting pointing guns or lasers at these is charged with mischief in the very least. But of course if you were you would blame TPTB for you incarceration rather than accept the blame yourselves.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wow, someone with some common sense. It's hilarious how a tower pops up somewhere, and the paranoid ATS crowd panics.

Anyone think that maybe someone did a study and simply erecting one of these in an area might reduce crime? I can see them erecting one, never once stationing an officer in it and crime is still reduced due to it's visibility. Sounds like it could be smart policing and a great tax money investment if it does work!

I hope one of you freaks suggesting pointing guns or lasers at these is charged with mischief in the very least. But of course if you were you would blame TPTB for you incarceration rather than accept the blame yourselves.

Better yet, we can just put a fake camera and spans of barbed wire outside of peoples homes. MONEY WELL SPENT SLAVE.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Riiiiiight. Because a tower in a parking lot intrudes upon your liberties like barbed wire around your house would. It never fails to amaze me how people can make the leap for one tower in a wall mart to living in a police state.

The day they DO put barbed wire around my house is the day I join the rest of you fear mongers in your whining and actually join an underground resistance. A tower in a parking lot tho? Cmon.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Come on man, they never hire tall cops! Every cop I have ever met has been about 5'8".

I have met tall mailmen though.
edit on 26-12-2010 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join