It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police state expansion?: Mobile prison guard towers showing up in local neighborhoods!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I guess my question would be.
Who lined their greedy pockets to get these made?

You know to just follow the money.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

He is brave for taking a video on public property? You would be really impressed with me then.
I actually walked into a police station and asked a question.. That's between you and I though, dont tell a soul.... I fear that my question has led to black cars following me around.. This black car had a long rear compartment... probably for surveillance. This black car had like 50 cars following it.. It followed me ALL THE WAY to go put flowers on my grandmas grave....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Border Patrol has been using these on southern Arizona highways since at least 2004 (along with the gestapo checkpoints), under the guise of "national security". It was only a matter of time before the bastards started using them in our neighborhoods to spy on their own citizens.

I wouldn't be surprised if the checkpoints followed suit. Need to head down to the corner for some milk? Papers, please.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Be ready.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
I guess my question would be.
Who lined their greedy pockets to get these made?

You know to just follow the money.

I saw an ad for this exact device in a magazine the other day. The funny thing is that when I saw the title I knew exactly what the OP was talking about. They aren't prison guard towers because: One they aren't tall enough. Two they aren't sturdy enough. Of course someone would start screaming about the NWO, 2012, the Sajuuk and everything else. I'm just saying they are probably being used for less nefarious reasons. All it would take is a vehicle or the right amount of people to topple that thing. I've seen them used for crowd control / deterrent / security during events but I doubt evil Mr. Policeman is plotting world domination in his mobile high-chair.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wait, so we can't rape in walmart parking lots anymore?
Well hell, why even go to walmart anymore!

What a stupid measure..freaking retarded scissorjacks...but hey, nothing a length of chain and a couple trucks won't make light work of if it came to that.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall also.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
wonder how long it will be before some woman backs her car into it and knocks it over.....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Morning and have a good christmas if your so inclined.

These are not "mobile guard towers".

These are used during high volume shopping days to prevent car breakins and car thefts. Usually they are manned by a local citizen volunteer. They see something, they call the fuzz.

If there is a rash of thefts/ assaults/ ect. they will also drag these out.

our department has one or two.

NOW,

if you see one with a M2 mounted on it, be afraid

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Makes you wonder if Alex Jones was right after all. These towers were depicted in his police state movie series.

Of course Alex Jones is right about many things just as David Icke is right about a great many things.

Why you all tar feather and quack them only tells me they are hitting too close for comfort.

The same rhetoric to shut them down used over and over that no longer holds weight.
Alex Jones is a zionist schill and vatican agent and is receiving financing by the illuminati
David Icke said he was the son of god and believes in lizard men and he to is funded and controlled by the illuminati.

As for the police guard tower being in a Wal Mart parking lot. Everytime I have been to a Wal Mart there are always rapper gangsta thugs running around...generally the caucasion variety. One time I was physically threatened by one of them because I looked at his shirt a little too long. He was caucasion.

You dont see them putting the towers in the Neiman Marcus-Dillards parking lots do you?

Sure there is a police state being errected around us but in some places it is probably needed. People are hurting severely this year economically. Desperate times makes people take desperate measures
edit on 24-12-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not that I'm in agreement with the towers in the first place, because I think it makes Police officials too lazy to drive around parking lots...

but I have to verify something on everyone else's part who is against it.

Would you still hate them if one day they were the reason why you were saved from a mugging or they saw some maniac hit you with a car and leave you for dead, etc.?

And, I'd also like to add to the OP to please not take this as a "PRE-SETUP TAKEOVER" kind of ordeal. We've had these paticular towers in many huge parking lot areas of Florida for a really really long time, and if anything, they've only helped reduce crime and vehicle break-ins.

Sometimes they're not even police owned, merely privately owned and are housed with a security gaurd who alerts the ones in vehicles where to go.

Anyone that thinks this is some sort of presetup takeover is overreacting. Trust me, when it's time for a takeover, they wont waste their money or time on a pretty looking white tower. They will knock on your door, point an M16 to the leader-figure of the home or a kid, and say get in the back (of a military cargo truck), where you'll be released later inside of a camp, and proccessed through a series of tents, separated from your family, and possibly exterminated depending on whats going on.

Now if the towers had a Decepticon logo on them?... then it's a presetup takeover.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
you guys haven't seen these? they put them up during the holidays to help prevent theft of gifts during christmas. been doing it for years in some places. just because they're new to you doesn't mean anything. now, if they start putting up actual "guard towers", with armed men, like the title suggests, then i'd get worried.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have seen these portable police observation towers at several locations. Only one had an occupant...I did have a little fun with him however, since this one was located outside a gunshow.
First, I parked right next to the tower, left my windows down and my car unlocked, then I taped a $20 to the dash(in plain sight of the officer), then i shined a green laser at teh box until he came on his speaker and asked me to stop...now that I had his attention, I asked him to make sure no one came close to my car and it was his duty to protect it for me.

I bought a rifle with a scope at the show...as I approached my car, I kept looking thru the scope at the tower...the officer asked me to stop pointing a gun at him...he attempted to lower the tower, but I had parked too closely and he was unable to get out before I left.

I like the paintball idea, however, be careful of getting hammered for vandalism to public property.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

This is basically a modified scissor lift, which are used for changing lights on a high ceiling, cleaning high areas, construction, etc.(Wal-Mart even owns some of these. Smaller versions maybe 6 to 8 foot in length). The higher up you hook that chain, the easier it will pull over.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh no, a camera!! I live right down from a stadium where they use this for every game. First hand, this thing got my patio chairs back from the jerk that thought he would borrow them. This things as nvasive to people as a camera on a cell phone. No need to be paranoid folks

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm sure these towers get pretty hot with a fire burning under them.
Whats next AT-AT Imperial "chicken walkers"

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have a question for everyone...if one day police restricted you to you're home from 8:00 P.M to 8:00 A.M unless working and that saved you from a potential rape or robbery, would that make it OK? Would you still disagree with it?

If the state put cameras in you're home and you were saved from a robbery, would you be fine with it then?

The people making light of this make me sick

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
These mobile towers are nothing new, they have been around here in Florida for years. I have seen them at malls and shopping centers to protect the shoppers as they walk to their cars from criminals. I personally think put in the right locations they deter crime.

Maybe if we put some of these in the getto areas with armed officers in them there would less crime.

For the record, I am a US Marine, Conservative and do not life government regulations or intrusiveness into my life.

If these are only used to protect populated areas from crime or as a deterint in areas plagued with crime then I have no issue with them.

It is kinda like the Emergency buttons polls at the Universities for students walking to their car at night...just better and nothing more in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
---It's an observation tower alright, but looks quit crappy. If it ever gets to that point, Just run your car into it! The single guy standing in it will have the scare of is life!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is nothing new around here sadly. I've seen these things in the local Walmart parking lot as well.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Looks like they are doing their trial runs at Wal-Mart just like they are doing in Haiti right now. I went to a local Wal-Mart yesterday and am glad none of this has kicked in there.
edit on 24-12-2010 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join