It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police state expansion?: Mobile prison guard towers showing up in local neighborhoods!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Umm, I don't know about you, but with the recent DHS fear-mongering messages infiltrating Wal-marts, malls hotels, and restaurants, this development adds an extra element of creepiness to me.

Mobile law enforcement GUARD TOWERS gracing a wal-mart parking lot?

I feel like I'm starting to see "1984" come to life in recent times...

Check it out, and chime in here folks:

And in another small town rural neighborhood, gracing a small railroad station and public park:

Let's hear it! Something to be concerned about? Or a "just relax, and move on" development?
edit on 23-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: Fix video link

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if Alex Jones was right after all. These towers were depicted in his police state movie series.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I wonder if they are armed?
I also wonder if its a security company doing this, or if its walmart who employs these fellas.
Scary stuff indeed

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Add some excitement to your life.

Purchase a pellet gun.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow. Definitely a trial run to see how far they can push this. They will no doubt push more and more. Only problem with this, is it's design. Get me two rednecks, one or two trucks with some chains, and whoever is sitting up in that tower is going to feel the effects of gravity - provided it is used for "civil unrest".

Either way, WTF.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Could be lifegaurd towers for the beach..
What makes you think they are prison towers.??

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Wallmart sells beaches now too? Holy crap!

link   
They have these setup in the Busch Gardens parking lot in Tampa, Florida. The unit itself is not armed, but the officers inside surely are. The windows are heavily tinted so it is hard to see inside of them when they're closed, but you know.

I am not sure how I feel about them being deployed because as with anything, the government likes to take an inch, and ends up with a mile. However, there are a lot of crimes that go without prosecution in such large parking lots. I remember seeing on the news about a woman who was raped in either a Wal-Mart, or Publix lot... I mean they have cameras, but how else are you going to enforce security?

All in the name of safety once again leaving me feeling even more insecure than before. Next thing you know they'll be issuing citations to driver's motor vehicles while they're inside shopping for various things.

link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Could be lifegaurd towers for the beach..
What makes you think they are prison towers.??

lol, lifeguard towers? Tactical lifeguard towers, in a walmart parking lot overlooking a train station and a park?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Im with you on the testing of Gravity!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
They have these setup in the Busch Gardens parking lot in Tampa, Florida. The unit itself is not armed, but the officers inside surely are. The windows are heavily tinted so it is hard to see inside of them when they're closed, but you know.

I am not sure how I feel about them being deployed because as with anything, the government likes to take an inch, and ends up with a mile. However, there are a lot of crimes that go without prosecution in such large parking lots. I remember seeing on the news about a woman who was raped in either a Wal-Mart, or Publix lot... I mean they have cameras, but how else are you going to enforce security?

All in the name of safety once again leaving me feeling even more insecure than before. Next thing you know they'll be issuing citations to driver's motor vehicles while they're inside shopping for various things.

On a plus side, it will stop rape in that parking lot. On a negative side, it's a complete invasion of everyone's privacy who is living their lives outside of that parking lot. Walking down the street, driving your children to school, cleaning up after your dog at the park. You are now being recorded at a 300 yard radius.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

No matter how many times I fall out of a tree, I will never be totally convinced of gravity's existence until we use this study on these new towers. See? Scientists and rednecks unite, let's see what happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It will not stop rape in a parking lot!

Maybe it can catch a few rapes in the act, and form a deterrence against others, but there WILL still be rapes and murders right under these things.

What is the cop gonna crawl out on the ladder ? Hell no.

He will call for backup and just sit there doing nothing.

Anyways, get a paint ball gun and have fun with these.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Maybe our names will go into the history books with Benjamin franklin, testing the theory of gravity and its affects on para-military organizations limbs!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
just type in sky watch towers and see what they do and what TPTB say they are for and how they work, neat sys if it is not abused, ie crowed control, FEMA related, if you know what i mean
now i can park my car at wally world and leave it with out the worry.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Anything FEMA related is not to be trusted.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
One little tap with a car bumper and TIMBER.... "BYE BYE COPS"...LOL
2nd line

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Who needs portable trailer prisons when you have all that space in a Wal-Mart. It would probably take less than a day to sweep out everything inside (using fork trucks) and viola, instant FEMA camp.
This guy is a brave patriot, risking his life to display what is soon to come.
Inside they have heat, air conditioning, a weather vain (probably used to dope their long shots), but no mention of a port-potty. No ladder access either. I wouldn't ant to be up there if the hydrolicis failed.
This is going to get very bad. Yes, very bad indeed.
Are you ready yet?
SnF with standing ovation!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

brings a hole new meaning to "smile your on candid camera" just think now they have you in real time video and live eyes.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What gets my water boiling are the megaphones.

"Back away from the Tactical Lifeguard Tower."

:::: White noise is released out of the megaphone, everyone falls to their knees in agony. ::::

"Now, Merry Christmas. And you, no parking in the handicap zone."

edit on 23-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join