It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police state expansion?: Mobile prison guard towers showing up in local neighborhoods!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I had seen these employed before, but right off I can't think of where. The problem here is as I remember it is you have this obvious police presence and there was a loud generator and windows so tinted that there may or may not have been someone inside. There was no accessibility here to the actual police just the illusion of presence. I don't recall any buzzer or anything "Please ring for assistance" so what are you left with other than "You better be good because somebody in that tower may be watching you."

Its just another in a long string of over-reaching measures by TPTB to try to keep us safe (at our behest, in general) or freak us the hell out. At any rate, the only possible plus is as a visible crime deterrent but only for the petty criminal. The more adept will find little if any deterrent in this measure, but at least the populace will still live in fear.

just my .02

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Isn't Wal Mart the same company that is having that odd "tattle on your neighbor" video they are planning to show (or already is in some marts...not sure). Makes me wonder.....what about a slightly different scenerio than Wal Mart being a test bed for a Police State....Yet something almost as disturbing. What if there is a very Genuine Threat to Wal Mart from some Terrorist orginization that they are not telling us about. Perhaps The Government told Wal Mart, and Wal Mart is amping security...but Wal Mart had enough political power to keep the general population from finding out. What if there is evidence of some MASSIVE biological (or otherwise) attack going to happen, planned at a Wal Mart...and this is why there is so much more security? Just a Thought....either way.....its odd Wal Mart would put up with all of this unless there was a really good reason...I seriously doubt this will help there image!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Or maybe walmart is worried that one day, one of the local businesses they run into the ground by buying bulk from china, and selling cheaper will get pissed and try some revenge?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Yes, I do believe these would have helped in cases where folks were attacked..could have saved lives..How
sad to think we have to worry about being attacked in public parking lots. Now if they had a giant one of
these that would block a street then I'd be real worried. Looking at it from a different angle..with all the millions
of potential shoppers out there it's a wonder things are not worse..but I'd better keep my fingers crossed on
that one holding out. You have to keep tabs on your stuff as well as yourself..knew a lady who had her
wallet stolen and she turned away from her purse but for a moment or so..wallet was covered up with a bag
of produce but did not matter..zip zop, it's no longer yours.
thanks for the video.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
These towers arent too new

the NYPD had them deployed for use for a little over 2 years according to my knoweldge.... and the neighborhood i live in....

now mass expansion, and including permanant placement, is what should ring our alarm bells

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

People see a few, get uneasy, then just get used to them. A few more are put in, and no one thinks anything of it. Small changes so people don't take too much notice, this is how they steal away our freedom.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You gotta love the comfort zone we live in here in America. Soon these towers will be everywhere. Wait ... by the looks of it they already are. Finding out Soros in involved just adds the icing to the cake.

Get ready 'cause 2011 will be an intresting year!

S&F

Kudos Boondocksaint

edit on 24-12-2010 by SWCCFAN because: uhhh wha?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What are the big box stores coming to? I guess the days of low prices have come to an end. I guess that the United States is going to go down the path of one such Venezuela. Big Sis and her cronies are trying rather hard to shove this police state stuff down our throats in an ever more sinister way. They can all go to H$(( I am looking for something big to happen in the spring of 2011 if not before. My gut keeps giving me that strange feeling that it is coming sooner rather than later.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
ha ha ha . Relax mate. Some people could say having Police stations everywhere is nanny state too but intelligent people know what they're there for.
Chill out and live a little

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
For those idiots out there that would find towers 'fearful', go to other neighbourhoods and when you mugged come back and complain there are not enough deterrents for crime in the world.

Theres an old saying that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. So what' next, not swimming at beaches with shark nets because it means there might be sharks and instead swimming where there are no shark nets?

The only more dangerous than criminals are the paranoid.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No doubt.

Most cops will do ANYTHING to avoid dealing with an actual criminal. I don't blame them really, but empathy only goes so far when the other side has truncheons and guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Funny how the video says this is a result of the 'Obama stimulus' money. Because my memory isn't that short, and I remember every single Republican I know (and many Dems, all cowards, though) voted for patriot act, more laws, more cops, more money for cops, every single time over the last 10 years. It's not Obama's fault (though he certainly did his part), it's YOUR fault. Every chicken# American who chooses safety over liberty, who is afraid of everyone they see, who needs the gubmint to hold their hand and keep them safe from all the enemies, whether real or imagined.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What ever happened to oh, having a security guard or two in SUVs patrolling the parking lot? The watch towers are a bad idea and don't keep anyone safe. I would like to see documented evidence that one of these towers has done anything to prevent theft or any other crime. I won't be shopping at Walmart again and I hope everyone else boycotts them too.
edit on 24-12-2010 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slopeofyourmind
What ever happened to oh, having a security guard or two in SUVs patrolling the parking lot? The watch towers are a bad idea and don't keep anyone safe. I would like to see documented evidence that one of these towers has done anything to prevent theft or any other crime. I won't be shopping at Walmart again and I hope everyone else boycotts them too.
edit on 24-12-2010 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

At our local mall security guards cruise around in golf carts in the parking lot and it seems to work just fine. At college, there are campus cops who occasionally make the rounds and check out the campus. Seems to work just fine. When I was in Europe, believe it or not, I only saw two cops the entire time, and everyone seemed to get along just fine. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
here is a google map showing the "world wide" deployment of these things, interestingly enough they seem to be centered around military bases and the us/mexico border.

I found it off the website icxt.com (the companies website)

Googl e Map showing "World-Wide" deployment of these things

I dunno about you but when the SHTF I personally think we're F'd
edit on 24-12-2010 by fnord because: to fix broken link, yo.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If you are contemplating getting out of the city and into the country, do it now. Get your exit strategy in place.

Learn agriculture, and get a garden started. Start stocking up on your food sources. Learn how to live off the land. Learn to hunt and process your meat if you're not a vegan. Get a couple of horses and learn how to ride for alternate transportation. Know every nook and cranny of your property. Know how to grow herbs and use them for medicinal uses. Have your bases covered.

I left the city many years ago and I will not move back. This is only going to get worse. Welcome to your new world order.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
do they come in camo?
would love one for my deer stand...lol
could move it up and down and all around

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
. Next thing you know they'll be issuing citations to driver's motor vehicles while they're inside shopping for various things.

Before I left the city, the police had started patrolling grocery store lots, walmart and target while people were inside shopping. They would randomly run plates through, sit back and wait for someone to leave, then pull them over. They were constantly pulling over people or arresting them on the side of the road. I thought this was illegal but apparently it's not now.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
what would be fun is to hook one up to a toe truck while the bastard was in it and take him for a twirl around the parking lot

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
I know it's stretch, but we could always boycott Walmart. take away the all mighty dollar and see how long those things last.

People need to stop using walmart all together. For many reasons. These towers are just another. Consider supporting your local mom and pop stores. I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two to do my shopping in a small grocery store. The experience is nicer and you'll get to know people in your area. I've become good friends with the folks who run our little grocery store. It's nice to give my money to them and not a huge corporation.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join