It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Police state expansion?: Mobile prison guard towers showing up in local neighborhoods!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just because there is no one inside the thing doesn't mean those cameras are not sending their images somewhere just as do traffic cams.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Haydn_17
whats up with the terrorist looking guy at the bottom right?

I never noticed that! An excellent observation!

Something subliminal? I mean, that patriotic smiling girl must surely be safe from him!

must be a subliminal..

Since the people around him are blurred, but he isnt, he stands out.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Could be lifegaurd towers for the beach..
What makes you think they are prison towers.??

"Giving full survaillance and if needed full ballistic capabilities"

You want your lifeguard to convince you to come out of the water with warning shots from a rifle?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
They have these setup in the Busch Gardens parking lot in Tampa, Florida. The unit itself is not armed, but the officers inside surely are. The windows are heavily tinted so it is hard to see inside of them when they're closed, but you know.

I am not sure how I feel about them being deployed because as with anything, the government likes to take an inch, and ends up with a mile. However, there are a lot of crimes that go without prosecution in such large parking lots. I remember seeing on the news about a woman who was raped in either a Wal-Mart, or Publix lot... I mean they have cameras, but how else are you going to enforce security?

All in the name of safety once again leaving me feeling even more insecure than before. Next thing you know they'll be issuing citations to driver's motor vehicles while they're inside shopping for various things.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither. Benjamin Franklin.

The government and Secret Societies are behind the crime. I have seen this from down at the local lodge. Young kids are tempted to act out and commit crime for fun. Sad really. A couple young boys were busted last year. They were punching business people in the face as they exited their office buildings, then running away. Turns out, they were from the local lodge? WTF. Nothing better to do? Criminals are given guns and drugs by undercover cops to keep the business going. No crime....no need for cops. Simple really.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
This?

A guard tower?

Nah.

This is a big, bright, bullet magnet!

A three-hundred, sixty degree target.

The higher it goes, the more accessible a target.

And you so naively think that this baby comes with standard steel and windows...

I think you can safely assume that these towers are fully armored or at least available in a version that is.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by loner007
reply to post by Violater1

So instead of dealing with your social issues in which 99% of crime is related to you(sic) rather spend money on making the country look like the inside of a prison instead of spending money on social issues, well it seems to me like everyone else in america(sic) you got it backwards.

Exqueeze me but, what are you talking about?
edit on 23-12-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

What he is talking about is that if the USA would not spend these amounts of "money" on law enforcement, the false war on terror, and their general thirst for war and simply use what they NEED instead of what they WANT to control their own populace, that leftover budget could feed the entire world for years to come, or simply fix your own country overnight (as an example ofc)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
reply to post by crimvelvet

For real? How does one know if one is on it? Did they send you a letter like they do when you order seeds online???
edit on 23-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: i can't believe the news today. I can't close my eyes and make it go away

Since ur a member of ATS you will be on SOME intelligence list for sure.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interfacer
If they EVER mount guns up there THEN WE KNOW WHAT TO DO....

Yup... Stay out of line of sight lol because by then ur too late (you are already in my opinion)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I was working at a Wal Mart in NC. This was about 13 years ago. At the time the LP guy said that over 60 of all loss was internal. The theory was that staunching internal was more profitable than attacki ng external factors. They still went after shop lifters, but not as actively.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Lots of companies are making a "killing" selling stuff to paranoid companies, towns and police forces. These things are getting bought up whether they need them or not, just because HS has a budget to pay for it.

The problem is, once these "tools" are there, even if there was no need for it in the first place, they will come up with "problems" that need fixing just so they can use their new tool.

Like security from those who would question the local boss, big wig or authority. You don't have to be a terrorist, just someone who asks too many annoying or troublesome questions and, because they now have this big fancy expensive tool on hand, that is what they use on you.

We should be very concerned with this trend. There is altogether too much money floating around in this area of security in proportion to the real need. There is more than just a potential for abuse, it is a sure thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Ok was just curious. I was there for the full school year, 2 employees who were cashiers did get caught ripping the place off. I wonder how long they got away with it, and how the camera guys even picked it up. They would pretend to scan the items when a friend came in, and only really scan one or two items out the ten or so they were buying. Ten for the price of two lol, stuff like that is definately a worse loss of profits compared to someone shoving a bag of candy into their pocket for sure.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Definitely incremental psychological conditioning

If they use different methods of conditioning the populace to feel like they are slaves, the more effective the slave-trauma response when attempting to finally use force to impose tyranny

Its sad to see this kind of thing, and I wonder if going all wooey gooey and new age 'transcending this with love' is all part of the agenda?

More evidence to educate others around us perhaps?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We've had these ccop towers in Dallas for at least a year now, and they're not confined to Walmart. I've seen them in Best Buy parking lots and small strip centers as well.

I got stopped by a cop because I drove through a small strip center looking for a business, but they had closed, and I exited the parking lot without patronizing any of the stores that were there.

The cop followed me out of the shopping center, pulled me over 1 block away and fed me a line of crap as to why he pulled me over (pure lies), then asked to search my vehicle, which I allowed because I had nothing to hide.

After searching and finding nothing, he told me that he was going to let me off this time, and said that the strip center I had driven through was a haven for drug dealers and I didn't need to be in the area.

I have to wonder if the property owner knew that they were harassing and scaring people away from doing business with the stores that were on their property, or how the stores themselves felt about it.
edit on 24-12-2010 by mark-in-dallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Israelis do something similar but on a larger scale. They hoist bullet proof sniper cages up in the air on a crane.

The next thing you will see on these are remote controlled guns mounted on top so the operators can sit behind the bullet proof glass an lay waste.

OTOH

I cannot imagine walking through a Walmart parking lot without a gun. There have been lots of very scary crimes in their lots. Their allowance of overnight camping in their lots for RV's and trailers has created a whole world of folks who transit from walmart to walmart as they can't afford camping fees.

I would rather folks take care of themselves than this expansion of the police state.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These extremely Orwellian guard towers are stationed at the Coronado mall in Albuquerque.

I had to do some x-mas shopping and was really surprised at seeing these things all over the parking lots. Our local news also said they're euipped with night vision goggles when the guards are up there.

How pathetic, I go to give my money to some evil corporation, and yet they still treat me like a criminal. Come on, there's no reward for buying into the system?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If you had a lot of these towers and a couple of guys at the top with assault rifles then you could pretty much control a crowd without any real difficulty, kind of worrying.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Add some excitement to your life.

Purchase a pellet gun.

A truck with a nice long chain hooked to the back would do wonders too..

2nd line..

Deebo

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As a person who has always had a larcenous heart I really appreciate the added challenges in a fun game of cops and robbers!

One more obstacle in the course just makes for a more fun adventure if you ask me.

Sadly most people aren’t like me, but here is the long and short of it and something that I think everyone is going to have to come to terms with.

As the population continues to explode and the disparity between rich and poor grows, the people, the average person becomes the enemy.

It really is that simple, now maybe you are a fine law abiding upstanding citizen who would never cuss, spit on the sidewalk, j-walk, or what ever, it doesn’t matter.

The thin blue line that protects the thin line of politicians, protecting the elite is well…THIN.

The fact that they are constantly looking to bolster this line should be telling you something more sinister than the devices that they use to do that.

That is that plan to continue to keeping making the disparity between rich and poor grow, and that they envision a period in time (in the not too distant future) where even the most law abiding poor people become a threat.

Meaning they will eventually be faced with starvation and abject poverty or taking the ‘laws’ into their own hands.

This is what the “War on Terror” is really about, training the populace to fear the populace blindly, because that is what the elites have always done, feared the populace blindly.

Bread and circuses and religion have always been used to distract the populace and keep it numb and satisfied with what little it is allowed, however at a certain point even religion, and bread and circuses will not stop food riots.

LEARN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAL-MART ACTUALLY IS…

Most of you are utterly clueless about this; Wal-Mart first and foremost has been used to HIDE INFLATION from you by constantly bringing you cheaper and cheaper goods RAPED from the third world to keep prices LOW. This has kept most peoples standard of living relatively unchanged as living wages stagnate and decrease.

However more importantly Wal-Mart is THE MAIN DISTRIBUTION CENTER for most consumer goods and food to a large extent too that is intrinsic to how the nation is currently being run.

Now for you hundreds of millions of morons out there who couldn’t wait to destroy American jobs and industry to get a quick parking place and save .59 cents on a purchase let me break this down a little further for you.

Wal-Mart is such a HUGE part of the American Economy when they do the Gross Monthly Economic Receipts the biggest portion of the DOMESTIC ECONOMY WHICH IS WAL-MART is not even factored in because they can’t report the huge volume of sales fast enough for the government to include it in its monthly report.

That’s how big Wal-Mart is.

Now NUMBER TWO and this is a big NUMBER TWO when hurricane Katrina turned New Orleans into a lawless city with no food or water, it wasn’t the U.S. Government rolling truck after truck of relief supplies, it was WAL-MART.

That’s right Wal-Mart has a bigger more efficient more capable distribution and Warehouse network than the U.S. Government does.

How important is today’s Wal-Mart to the U.S. Government’s survival? SUPREMELY it is intrinsic to keeping the lower middle classes and poor fed, clothed and supplied with durable goods.

Without Wal-Mart (meaning if runs on Wal-Mart were made in food riots) most of America could no longer be fed or clothed and that IS HOW IMPORTANT WAL-MART HAS BECOME.

Will the Government protect it at all cost? You better bet your life on that! Because they already bet your life on it but…

Who made this monster?

Chances are YOU MADE THIS MONSTER…

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS A COMPANY IT IS INCORPORATED IT IS A BUSINESS.

WAL-MART IS THE COMPANY STORE.

Want to see this trend reverse? Stop trying to save .59 cents on everything, walk a few darn blocks to a mom and pop store that sells American made goods, pay the extra darn money and start giving Americans instead of Chinese jobs again.

They are taking extra steps to protect Wal-Mart and other big outlet stores for a reason, that’s because they trained you to work for substandard wages, buy foreign made substandard goods, and screw yourself and every other American in the process.

I hate to break it to you, but if it were up to Proto, I would tell them to start shooting now.

Wake up already people, WE ONLY HAVE OURSELVES TO BLAME…and YES THAT MEANS YOU!

edit on 24/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Deebo

Be sure to do it at night, and cover your truck with garbage bags first(so the cameras can't tell color, make and model), and wear a mask lol.

link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by Mayura
Add some excitement to your life.

Purchase a pellet gun.

A truck with a nice long chain hooked to the back would do wonders too..

2nd line..

Deebo

I think the company building these has been smart enough no to make them top-heavy when extended.

Best you will manage to do most likely is drag it across the parkinglot. If you manage to attach the chain ofcourse before you get spotted and shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join