It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl before killing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I don't think this is that far fetched as it might seem

I'm under the Impression that Soldiers fear what their own C.O. will do to them rather than Iraqi's.
Every day they are expected to kill so many Iraqis, If they come back with a Gun load of Bullets, I'll bet their Officers won't be that happy. With that mentality drummed in every day, to kill anything in sight, anythings possible.

Yip, by all means bring these guys home and put them to work in the PostOffice.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
some people should just be taken behind the barn and shot for there crimes instead of wasting money by keeping them alive in jail.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
your signature is funny you don't need a beer you need baskets on your head child labor, sweatshops, absolute mistreating of animals regularly, no morals,machete murders,religious persecution,no freedom of expression,i could go on oh and a good ol billion dollars from the evil USA if not all these things than just the basket on your head will make a great nation lib

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
In boot camp we fear our c.o.......in war not so much. I do not know where you got all of that garbage from about coming back with alot of bullets and such. If our squad commander did anything like this guy, we would shoot him ourself. We were never praised to kill as many as possible, we actually alot of times were told to keep peace. Many people deal with war many different ways, and unfortunatly this guy went schitzo...No excusefor it though as he should be punished to the fullest extent. I personally deal with what I had to do by being a wonderful daddy, as well as baking stuff ironically lol. As to mt, I didn't mean to respond to your post, I do apologize, I am still new at ats lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I feel sorry for this solider! He stood up for his country and was blinded to the spirit of the other! Unfortunatley, war does this. We are all living organisims and deserve the right to a life.

We all learn from our mistakes. Some more than others.

People who realize they affected another and repent are welcomed in death.

I still think this solider should have known better due to the life he lived. He lived in a first class country and should of realized what negative effects he would have on the family doing what he did.

The family of the victim wished they could contribute to their society but were unable too.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Meanwhile it might be true about some soldiers/jarheads/sailors in some platoons/military units in some branches of the military, it doesn't mean it is the same about every soldier/sailor in every platoon/military unit in all military branches.

I was trained as a U.S. Marine in the U.S. Marine Corps (U.S.M.C.) before transfering to the U.S. Navy, and I heard in several ocassions comments from drill instructors during bootcamp and even after graduation, including from some enlisted personnel, and even some officers that I never agreed with and even found appalling.

Since Marine Corps recruit training, aka bootcamp I heard several comments from our drill instructors in our platoon that to say quite frankly left me and some other Marine recruits, and later on Marines in disbelief, but then we, some of us, would look at each other and I think we would all think the same thing "just because he/they believe/s this doesn't mean I must believe it."

At the same time there were many Marine recruits/Marines who would nod their heads and seemed to take to heart every word uttered by our drill instructors and other chain of command.

All the yelling, and insults uttered by drill instructors are a way to prepare recruits, and see if we could stand the pressure, or if we would give in, this would tell them if we could stand the rigours of battle and keep our cool. I knew and understood this well, and I know that alongside other training methods this would prepare us for the battlefield.

One of the first statements that raised a red flag is that even back in the early 90s drill instructors would still brag about Lee Harvey Oswald shooting JFK at the range he supposedly shot JFK. They could have been using other, better examples than to use a maniac who planned, and could even have executed his plan to murder JFK, thePresident of the United States.

I know JFK was a Democrat, but I don't believe for one second that he deserved to be killed. I don't believe anyone deserves death unless they are trying to kill me, or unless they plan to harm my family or some other innocent person, or if they try to inprison me for no real cause, or if they are trying to steal my private property, but not because of political beliefs.

Anyway, the things that really bothered me, and some other recruits, were for example statements such as "civilians are not worth a damn" "we defend civilians but they are not worth the dirt they stand on" and other similar comments made by the drill instructors in my platoon. Altough I don't know if the same thing happened, or happens in other platoons/military units.

The first thing that crossed my mind is the fact that our Commander in Chief was/is a civilian, even if he was/is a Democrat...
The second thought that crossed my mind were my parents, and what sort of sons, brothers, or husbands were these drill instructors to talk about their parents, sisters/brothers, and wives in this manner. Although they could have been military brats for all I know.

Anyway, i just kept training, and kept telling myself that I didn't have to believe what they believe. However, I did look at my soon to be brothers at arms and couldn't but wonder how many of them took to heart these heartless beliefs.

I do want to make clear that not all Marines are like this. I knew many fine Marines both officers and enlisted personnel, but to tell you the truth I am also not sure if the same thing I experienced is common in all platoons or not.

Later on something happened that I really can't talk about but suffice it to say I didn't agree with an order I was given and was put in the brig for it, but it was later resolved in my favor.

In the Navy I didn't see/experience what I experienced while in the Marine Corps, although ironically I trained with Marines for Aircrew A/W (Aviation Warfare). Aircrew A/W is a very tough MO/rating which some say is close to Navy Seals training. I am not sure since I was never a Navy Seal but both MOs/ratings have some things in common like SERE training.(Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape training)

Although any MO/rating that involves frequent flying missions requires the enlisted personnel/officer to pass SERE training. Mostly Aircrew and Special Ops have to pass this training.

Aircrew candidate school itself was tough for a lot of people, more so water survival training, such as the "helo dunk", aka "helicopter dunker."

I can't remember the percentage of enlisted personnel/officers that coudn't pass the different Aircrew A/W schools but there were several sailors and Marines who didn't graduate with me.

Anyway, to make the story short, yes there are some enlisted personnel/officers who are a bit brainwashed by some of the training, but on overall I would have to say most soldiers/jarheads/sailors imo do not take to heart everything we are told by our chain of command.
edit on 22-12-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Iraqi's are not humans.

If we accidentally kill an innocent Iraqi, their family only gets $2,000 from us.

If LAPD shot your dog, you could get more money from it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I am not going to read about this..................#.

Everyone knows that sick #s exist in the world.

Our government tends to encourage that behavior in warzones.

Problem is, what is a warzone? Now, the soldiers have to act as POLICEMAN, not an excuse, but here is the problem.

When you have war, it is WAR.

When you have the military acting as police, you have this! The typical response when interacting with civilians. They have been trained to treat everyone as the enemy or lower humans. What are you going to expect?

Either go to war or GET THE HELL OUT OF NATION BUILDING!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl before killing her and her family.

Then this guy is having tendency into non-human sex

I bet he had tries cows and pigs also

Seriously, I am not referring to all souldiers, but this guy is having issues.

-v

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Zamini

Meanwhile it might be true about some soldiers/jarheads/sailors in some platoons/military units in some branches of the military, it doesn't mean it is the same about every soldier/sailor in every platoon/military unit in all military branches.

I was trained as a U.S. Marine in the U.S. Marine Corps (U.S.M.C.) before transfering to the U.S. Navy, and I heard in several ocassions comments from drill instructors during bootcamp and even after graduation, including from some enlisted personnel, and even some officers that I never agreed with and even found appalling.

Since Marine Corps recruit training, aka bootcamp I heard several comments from our drill instructors in our platoon that to say quite frankly left me and some other Marine recruits, and later on Marines in disbelief, but then we, some of us, would look at each other and I think we would all think the same thing "just because he/they believe/s this doesn't mean I must believe it."

At the same time there were many Marine recruits/Marines who would nod their heads and seemed to take to heart every word uttered by our drill instructors and other chain of command.

All the yelling, and insults uttered by drill instructors are a way to prepare recruits, and see if we could stand the pressure, or if we would give in, this would tell them if we could stand the rigours of battle and keep our cool. I knew and understood this well, and I know that alongside other training methods this would prepare us for the battlefield.

One of the first statements that raised a red flag is that even back in the early 90s drill instructors would still brag about Lee Harvey Oswald shooting JFK at the range he supposedly shot JFK. They could have been using other, better examples than to use a maniac who planned, and could even have executed his plan to murder JFK, thePresident of the United States.

I know JFK was a Democrat, but I don't believe for one second that he deserved to be killed. I don't believe anyone deserves death unless they are trying to kill me, or unless they plan to harm my family or some other innocent person, or if they try to inprison me for no real cause, or if they are trying to steal my private property, but not because of political beliefs.

Anyway, the things that really bothered me, and some other recruits, were for example statements such as "civilians are not worth a damn" "we defend civilians but they are not worth the dirt they stand on" and other similar comments made by the drill instructors in my platoon. Altough I don't know if the same thing happened, or happens in other platoons/military units.

The first thing that crossed my mind is the fact that our Commander in Chief was/is a civilian, even if he was/is a Democrat...
The second thought that crossed my mind were my parents, and what sort of sons, brothers, or husbands were these drill instructors to talk about their parents, sisters/brothers, and wives in this manner. Although they could have been military brats for all I know.

Anyway, i just kept training, and kept telling myself that I didn't have to believe what they believe. However, I did look at my soon to be brothers at arms and couldn't but wonder how many of them took to heart these heartless beliefs.

I do want to make clear that not all Marines are like this. I knew many fine Marines both officers and enlisted personnel, but to tell you the truth I am also not sure if the same thing I experienced is common in all platoons or not.

Later on something happened that I really can't talk about but suffice it to say I didn't agree with an order I was given and was put in the brig for it, but it was later resolved in my favor.

In the Navy I didn't see/experience what I experienced while in the Marine Corps, although ironically I trained with Marines for Aircrew A/W (Aviation Warfare). Aircrew A/W is a very tough MO/rating which some say is close to Navy Seals training. I am not sure since I was never a Navy Seal but both MOs/ratings have some things in common like SERE training.(Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape training)

Although any MO/rating that involves frequent flying missions requires the enlisted personnel/officer to pass SERE training. Mostly Aircrew and Special Ops have to pass this training.

Aircrew candidate school itself was tough for a lot of people, more so water survival training, such as the "helo dunk", aka "helicopter dunker."

I can't remember the percentage of enlisted personnel/officers that coudn't pass the different Aircrew A/W schools but there were several sailors and Marines who didn't graduate with me.

Anyway, to make the story short, yes there are some enlisted personnel/officers who are a bit brainwashed by some of the training, but on overall I would have to say most soldiers/jarheads/sailors imo do not take to heart everything we are told by our chain of command.
edit on 22-12-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

I commend you on your honesty and belief!

You are a great person who thinks of all.

Unfortunatley you and others were trained to think of nothing but war.

War will end when all people think of eachother!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
These things were done on regular basis in Balkan wars. They were more like accomplishments rather than something to be ashamed off, people would brag about their various achievements in creatively humiliating and torturing their enemy in worst fashion possible. This IMHO happens alot more in Iraq than what you see in news papers. I don't trust all these internet war veterans who say all is OK as every other poster on ATS is some kind of war veteran, from army and navy to marines. Not that I would trust a soldier otherwise, they all back up each others backs and would even kill for each other.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

So the Iraqi parents of this poor child are just happy and are completely willing to forgive and forget. And people wonder why others say war is dumb in general but the Iraqi one was completely insane!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

What strange views some hold. Baffling really. To say that we are slaves, and yet we fight the wars you voted for. Have continued to vote into office, and have yet to hold anyone accountable for. It, therefore, is the American peoples desire that soldiers leave their families stateside, embark overseas, and combat an innocent people in the name of false freedom. At least soldiers put their money where their mouth is. For all the anger and malice on this post, not one person has looked inward as to why soldiers are in Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place.

The people of the United States voted them there, and have given no real tangible indication otherwise.

If it is true that America only has two party lines (Democrat and Republican), and if it is true that both parties have the same foreign policy, does it matter which party America votes for?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I was told by somebody who knows first hand; Where there is war, there is rape.

That hard and fast rule is one of the hidden aspects of history; Japanese pleasure girls, French comfort girls, Koreans.. they didn't get a cute name, just a bayonet to open them up if they were too young and small...

The woman who taught me about the secrets of history that are not taught in Schools was personally driven to look into almost any war you can probably think of off the top of your head and she found the same thing in all of them. That is the "good guys", or otherwise known as the victors, sexually torturing the female half of "liberated" population. Those fine fighters who didn't participate kept their mouths shut about it.

I'll find a report of hers that I've got somewhere and post it here... not today, but look here tomorrow.
Actually, she also wrote a book, so I'll find the title of that too. It's a side of history that isn't acknowledged and she's an expert on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Since when were the Iraqi public the enemy ,?

I watched a documentary called severe clear , by a Marine , the day before the iraqi invasion their commanding officer clearly states that the iraqi public are not their enemy . The iraqi republican gaurd are the enemy .
Then the insurgents were the enemy.

American soldiers are certainly not taught to dehumanize civilians in any way.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Yeh man , marines dont always get along with each other , but they think of each other as brothers and will defend each other to the death in that sense !
So they would rarely rat each other out

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

American soldiers are certainly not taught to dehumanize civilians in any way.

Your post is so insulting to the millions of CIVILIANS who have lost their life to an illegal war. Not just in Iraq but in MANY wars. Go rinse your mouth with soap.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by sapien82

Your post is so insulting to the millions of CIVILIANS who have lost their life to an illegal war. Not just in Iraq but in MANY wars. Go rinse your mouth with soap.

Well the best thing we can do now is hope "best" for the future.

Let's hope the same unwarranted destabilization doesn't occur in the future.

Don't mind if I ask, will US ever leave Iraq?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
WINTER SOLDIER: HART VIGES

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

They were more like accomplishments rather than something to be ashamed off, people would brag about their various achievements in creatively humiliating and torturing their enemy in worst fashion possible

I don't hear him, or anybody else bragging about it.

Many of the Vietnam soldiers went insane after returning home, when they remembered some of the atrocities that were committed there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join