It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl before killing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I have absolutely no respect for the soldiers (monsters).

This is one of the few cases in which the idiot got caught. It's safe to assume that terrible stuff like this happens everyday... How do I know? The soldiers tell me.

I dont believe this comment at all, I did many many tours in that area with USMC and this was NEVER a problem with me or any of my men, or units we were involved with.

I dont know what soldiers you were talking to, but it sounds like to me they need to be locked up.

To say that this is a common occurance is B.S

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

'If I thought that was an OK thing now, I wouldn't be much of a human being,' Green said.

As far as I am concerned he was not much of a human being as soon as someone said, "Hey, let's go to that house over there and _____ . " No matter what you fill the blank in with, "attack" "kill" "shoot" "scare", he was not much of a human being when he thought it was ok and went along with it.

I do think he does have a point however. Crimes committed overseas in times of war should not be tried in a Civilian Courtroom. A Defendant on trial in this country should be judged by a jury of his peers. Civilians would not be a jury of this Defendants peers. If I was on that jury, I would have no idea what it is to be in the type of situation a Soldier on deployment would find himself. I have no clue what a War Zone is like, and do not care to. I could not draw on the experiences needed to judge the Defendant, and I would think that is a safe assumption to make for just about any Civilian jury who would have to hear this case. I think he should have been tried in a Military Court.

That being said, I like his sentence. It is poetic justice that he should live the rest of his life with a target on his back in Prison where he can live with the fear of being raped or killed at any given moment. That is tax dollars well spent.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Perhaps you need to check out Jack McLamb's website (www.jackmclamb.org) and there are links to the despicable actions among some of the American military AND Police.

Noted: just yesterday the Australian Navy just uncovered an illegal drug ring among their naval personel in Sydney and 60 odd men are involved.

In Afghanistan alone I'd hate to think how many personel would not pass an illegal substance test due to the amount of poppy fields in Afghanistan of which the Taliban are trying to destroy but Americans are trying to protect.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the german army became monsters, Nazis.
(not just like most solders. who just become evil)
now the american solders are becoming monsters.
they have been fighting wars far to long.
why are they there?
what is the UN army for???
so american should stop now!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Well, we know the Americans went in to Iraq solely to obtain the Enki Sumerian Tablets and got caught up in something they never saw coming.

As for Afghanistan; we know Afghanistan is rich in minerials but those poppy fields.....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hmmm, another American hating thread based on the actions of one person. Typical. However, as horrible as this crime is (personally I think rape of a child deserves the death penalty), is it just me or are some of these responses wuite hypocritical? Aren't alot of Muslim children taught that non muslims are less than human and deserve death................just wondering. Again, what this man did was terrible, however, tying his actions to the whole military are just wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
He did it totally on his own? Give me a break. This guy and the other soldiers should be given the death sentence. And the ones really responsible are the dumb.ss usa people who send their lovedones away from home for hostile invasion/occupation bs reasons. They don't protest, they are just sheeple. Then they ask themselves why does everyone hate usa?

btw adifferentbreed: You say: "Aren't alot of Muslim children taught that non muslims are less than human and deserve death................just wondering". This is just bs, a lot of Muslim children? How do you know? Is it right for me to say that a lot of Christian or Jewish children are taught that Muslims are bad people? No!

"Again, what this man did was terrible, however, tying his actions to the whole military are just wrong."
No, tying this to the whole millitary is not wrong! All these soldiers should be ashamed that they are there in Iraq/Afghanistan for the wrong reasons. They should not be participating this evil occupation. These people dont have to go to war, they choose for it for their own reasons. So they are all guilty/responsible for the killing of hundreds o thousands of innocent people.
edit on 21-12-2010 by wopa82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just finished reading a book that deals with this atrocity - "Black Hearts" by Jim Frederick.

It carefuly explains the circumstances the unit in question (502nd Infantry, 101st Airborne Division) found itself in during that tour in the "Triangle of Death" and attempts to explain why Steven Green (And 3 of his comrades) did what they did.

THeir actions were monstrous without a doubt, but reading about the conditions they found themselves in explained a lot. It's not surprising a few soldiers went mental ...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wopa82

Ummmmmmm, no it's not bs, look into it, some of them are taught this from a young age but hey, live in your own world and enjoy. Anything to justify your hatred of the US, good for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"I didn't think of Iraqis as humans," says U.S. soldier.

So he didn’t think this 14yr old Iraqi was human. He was able to rape a 14yr old girl and then kill her because he didn’t think of her as human. So he looked at her as something else besides human before raping her…like say an animal. So he likes to rape and kill animals.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Not too many ex mil or historians here, eh? The enemy is dehumanized.. Im shocked that any of you are shocked! Thats what we do as humans... dehumanize trhe enemy. Makes war more palatable. Been this way in every war, even ours since the inception of this country. Dehumanize savage indians, dehumanize savage slaves, dehumanize gooks and krauts and slopes... what is so hard to understand?? Geez, even the civil war took part in dehumanization. The Southerners were inhuman if you read the old propaganda!

I doubt anyone here condones it... thats ludicrous and divisive to even insinuate , but dont even pretend this is something new just because this is the first time someone posted an article and you read it. There is a big ol world out there and not everyone is as wonderful as some seem to think. Humans are vicious.. you cant deny it... the enemy is never a brother.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The daily news from the UK,is no way to find out the truth about U.S soldiers.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Where exactly did you get the "American soldiers are being brainwashed" bit from?
It clearly says, from the soldier him self, that after he was exposed to all the violence in one of the most dangerous parts of Iraq, and seeing his friends killed by that violence, his views and beliefs were warped.
It says nothing about the US Army brainwashing it's soldiers.

I'm as against parts of American foreign policy as the next guy, but come on now.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You nailed it, this behavior has gone on in every war ever fought, nothing new, if anything it probably happens less than it used to. War does not bring out the best in us, completely inexcusable what happened. I have two girls 14 and a 16 yrs old and would love to talk to this guy in private for just a few minutes.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I have a 5 and 2 year old...both my baby girls....I served two tours in Iraq with the marine corps. To say every soldier is brainwashed is pure stupidity. My heart goes out to the little girl and her parents, and I hope that" soldier" gets the death penalty that he greatly deserves. This is disgusting! We all have had close friends killed by our side over there, but that doesn't mean we all have went insane. Judge him as a person, because he committed a horrible crime does not make ever soldier an animal. Girls are raped and killed ever year by american citizens, does that mean every american citizen is an animal? Grow up.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

MS12, Chill, I never said they were brainwashed and I don't disagree with anything you said. I don't know how you got what you got out of my post? I'd like to snap the guys neck. This has everything to do with him, not the military. I know a lot of Vets, heard the stories, some deal with war better than others. I think your mis-interpreting my post big time.
edit on 22-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What he did is of course inexcusable - but I do note that instead of being the 'fearmongering' daily mail - now it is simply reporting facts, instead of being automatically disbelieved and dismissed.

As for demonising the enemy - and thus being able to kill them without the compunction due to a fellow human being, yes thats what a war zone can do to you, especially without a strong moral framework.

However consider this:

"About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad's biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers."

www.truthbeknown.com...

No surprise then for the reason that so many seemingly ordinary, educated, non-traumatised Muslims find it so easy to blow up non-combatants etc etc with such ease and regularity - then imagine that thier actions are in fact the highest form of 'holy' - a garaunteed entry ticket to thier sex theme park of a heaven.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

does this remind anyone of a movie with tom cruize in it and the viet nam war when he is the only soldier to stand up to people in his own squad about the raping and killing of a young girl.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I remember "Casualties of War" W/Michael J Fox, Shawn Penn. Same story I believe. Tom Cruise, 4th of July? Haven't seen but once a long time ago, don't remember the story line.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

ITS NOT HOW THEY THINK, ITS JUST A PATHETIC PIG EXCUSE.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join