It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Terror Threat in US Aimed to 'Poison Food'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Corporations that are creating arguably one of the most important advances in food production are terrorists?

huh?

Seriously?

Wow, whats wrong with you?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
what kind of security measures could they possibly take to make sure hundreds of thousands of buffets and salad bars are not contaminated before people dig in? how do you stop a guy from simply spiking the slurpee machine with rat poison? what are we supposed to watch out for?

what this looks like to me is a major network sounding the PLEASE BE PREPARED TO PANIC alarm. the poison could literally be in anything. happy holidays.

too much to drink Dr Jones?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Maybe someone forgot to inform you that they are creating foods that survive harsher climates and are able to grow in places they were not once able to grow. That increases the chances of food surviving long enough to actually be eaten, and also increases the available locations which they can be grown, and increases the amount that could be grown.

If they perfect their processes, it could be the greatest achievement in the world. They could literally be life savers, and solve world hunger issues.

You didn't know that? What is wrong with you?
edit on 20-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
what kind of security measures could they possibly take to make sure hundreds of thousands of buffets and salad bars are not contaminated before people dig in?

Informing the people about it is a good start.

Would you agree?
edit on 20-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So after they try and take our right to grow and sell food and even recycle water the are going to call in a terrorist threat on our food supply??? Is this what it's all about? scare people with "homegrown terrorists" to make food government controlled? With every new terrorist threat we lose more of our rights.... It could be a very real threat but then again what can you do about it???

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Maybe someone forgot to inform you that no long term studies have been done on the safety of mutant foods.

Maybe someone forgot to inform you that data has been hidden by Monsanto that shows unsafe results after lab rats and mice and consumed GMO's.

Maybe someone forgot to inform you that numerous Monsanto products are banned in numerous countries, yet they are fully available here in the U.S. Think it is sheer coincidence they are legal while countless Monsanto execs now hold positions of power after donating heavily to both political parties?

Stop thinking with emotion ("oh yay, we can feed the world!!!!!) and start thinking with intelligence. (The only company saying these are safe just so happens to be the company that produces them)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That's what they want you to think!!
Actually, if you think about it, a "creditable threat" would never be on the U.S. News.
With as huge as the U.S. is, it's very hard to damage the whole country. Is it even possible to poison food for 300,000,000 people? With the amount of attackers it would take to do that, terrorists could blow themselves up on every main bridge in America. Which, btw, would mess with our food supply.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Busymind because: changed 300,000 to 300,000,000.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow. I don't think people know what terror is anymore.

Until 1940 all food was organic. Now most of it is genetically altered and grown in nutrient void soils.

Cows are fed corn versus grass and pumped full of hormones.

Chickens are all breast and cant stand on their own without breaking bones.

Fish are fed corn meal with antibiotics in the food.

Corporations are killing us with food but prolonging the death with their pharmacology.

Oh wait, the same people own the news too.

Honestly I wish the terror would come and our experience on this corrupted human race.

We failed!

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great point - there is no greater threat to our food supply than GMO. It is Pandora's box. But what do they care? They have stolen and stored the heirloom seeds.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I hate buffets to begin with! We rarely eat out because I really want to know how the food is prepared. Going organic is the only way these days.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the cost of food has dramatically increased over the last few months? There's something really wrong going on with our food supply right now yet no one is talking about it. I've noticed at least a 10-20% increase on my staples at the store or a reduction in the amount of product you get with each order. This initially started when the economy shock waves hit in '05-06 but it's gone into hyper drive the last few months.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeMaine

While the gulf was going on here, the fires in Russia were destroying the grain crops that fed Asia and EMEA.

We need to go back to victory gardens and rebuke the recent laws enacted around farming.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeMaine

There's several factors to consider.

One is that crude prices seem to indicate that we're beginning a new wave of "cheap peak oil".
Another is that there have been ongoing bizarre natural disasters and freakish weather patterns hitting the globe this year.
Yet another is simple inflation of the money supple/deflation of the purchasing power of the dollar.

Expect it to get much worse.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I got it.

Kosher Police.

That's why there's no canned ham imports anymore!!

beware gov't that would protect you

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
...of course it could be more bs to keep folks paranoid...

...it could also be that its a real threat and the puppetmasters ordered the poisoning - and - anyone considered valuable knew what to avoid cuz their handlers told em "dont go there for a while" or "dont eat that for a while"...

...i was poisoned last tuesday... i've had food poisoning before... so, when it started, i knew what was going on - but - i've never thrown up blood or had rectal bleeding with food poisoning before...

...usually, food poisoning is over and done with in 24hrs - but - i was slap-dawg sick for three days and i'm still having issues a week later (dizziness, my vision is off, bouts of nausea and abdominal cramps)...

...coincidence?... maybe... maybe not...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My god now the terrorists want to poison our food! What will those pesky cave crawlers think of next? Will they try to poison our government? What if they already succeed?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I am fully informed about everything you said....

However, your entire post is irrelevant and is a straw man argument.

The member "Whyhi" and myself were talking about "the most important advance in food production in history".

Just because their products haven't been tested long term, and just because they hid data about their first generation products to protect from ridicule and losing funding, and just because they are banned in some countries, etc., doesn't mean what they are trying to do is not "the most important advance in food production in history"!

What they are researching and trying to do IS the most important advance in food production in history... no matter how you view the company. What they are doing could very well save the world from hunger.

What you ignored in my last post is where I said "IF THEY PERFECT THEIR PROCESSES", meaning if they make it safe, and fix the flaws, they could very well be doing life saving work. They are doing life saving work as we speak, but to advance they need to continue funding the research, etc. It's hard to do that when fearful, hateful, conspiracy theorists jump at every chance to call them terrorists and try to shut them down.

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Stop thinking with emotion ("oh yay, we can feed the world!!!!!) and start thinking with intelligence. (The only company saying these are safe just so happens to be the company that produces them)

Stop thinking with FEAR ("omg, they are trying to kill us!!!!!!) and start thinking with intelligence.

How on Earth do you and those companies know if it is safe or not if you claim they didn't do any long term testing?

There is not much difference between GM crops and normal crops. The difference does not magically create poison either. Sure some testing needs to be done, maybe iron out a few problems, but if they get it right, they could be life savers, not terrorists. That is all I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I never said they were trying to kill anyone.

How well do you know the company you defend? If they were all about advancing food supply, why are they suing small farmers to the point where the family farms have no alternative but to go out of business? Putting farms out of business does not advance the food supply.

Why does Monsanto wish to patent every seed on the planet?

Just a sample of Monsanto's irresponsibility:

Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others. We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity....These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown."

Monsanto gathered its own crude statistical data after conducting a 90-day study, even though chronic problems can rarely be found after 90 days, and concluded that the corn was safe for consumption.

Monsanto said their corn was safe to eat in response to the report released by the International Journal of Biological Sciences.

"Organ damage? No problem, just eat our corn!!!!!"

Yea, that definitely sounds like a company deserving of support.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
How very convenient that they just passed the food "safety" bill. I am so disgusted not just with my country's government but with Western society as a whole...words fail me.

Fear, fear, fear. We're bombarded with it day in and day out. Even our so-called "entertainment" is based on fear---just take a look at most of what's on TV. Fear, selfishness, the glorification of stupidity, indifference to our fellow men, that is what I see everywhere I look. And arrogance. We are incredibly arrogant to fall for the fear-based lies we're told---I mean, do we honestly believe that we're so wonderful, so superior, that EVERYONE in the world wants to take us down? We're so full of ourselves.

Blech.

I used to come to this site and read the posts about "RFID chips are coming!" "Codex Alimentarus about to be implemented!" etc. and think What a bunch of nut-jobs as I sifted through the forums for nuggets of interesting stuff on...cryptozoology, maybe. But the longer I've been here (and I've been reading here for years, even though I only officially joined this year) the more "nutty" stuff I've seen come true, and the more I've seen news reported here that only showed up months (or even years) later in the mainstream. I no longer laugh at what once seemed completely ridiculous, because too much of that ridiculous stuff has come to pass and it seems clear that we are headed toward becoming the Fourth Reich.

What I want to know is, once they have control of the food, the money, and everything else, what then? Once you have total control, what do you do with it?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Oh my what timing....

Senate passes food-safety bill

This bill is a pretty nasty bit of work if you dig into it.
Well the cost looks pretty nasty:

The bill is expected to cost $1.4 billion over the next four years, including the expense of hiring 2,000 new FDA inspectors.
What else is nasty about it?

If they know of a threat to food safety and they did nothing about it, then they'd be criticized for that. So it seems like they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't act to improve food safety.

I must admit I'm a bit skeptical of food from foreign sources. This results from my visiting foreign countries and seeing how differently they do things. So this bill may not be all bad if it does something to ensure food from foreign sources meets US safety standards, but I only read the summary in that link and not the whole bill, so I may be missing something.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join