It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Terror Threat in US Aimed to 'Poison Food'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What if the threat is real, how dumb would you feel when people start getting poisoned?

What could it hurt if people/hotels/restaurants are more aware?

America is not exactly the most popular country right now, are you claiming nobody wants to harm Americans?

edit on 20-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Heck yeah the threat is real!!

Our Government wants total control of our food supply.

What better way to get the sheeple to demand our government to take over the food supply.

Yes a terrorist attack will happen or bare minimum some person will get caught doing it.

Home Grown Terrorism = United States Government

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Does this mean they are going to poison us before they nuke us?

I feel sorry for the resturant workers. They will probably be strip searched before entering their workplaces. Heck, Jan could take the opportunity to feel up all the diners too.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
I never said they were trying to kill anyone.

...but you insisted they are evil terrorists?

If they were all about advancing food supply, why are they suing small farmers to the point where the family farms have no alternative but to go out of business? Putting farms out of business does not advance the food supply.

It's also a business. If someone is illegally using a product you invented without permission, you can sue them. The farmers were technically stealing.

Why does Monsanto wish to patent every seed on the planet?

They are only trying to patent seeds they have created. Do you have evidence otherwise? It's a business decision.

All these questions you ask don't prove anything... I can formulate many questions that make ATS seem like an evil terrorist too...

Just a sample of Monsanto's irresponsibility:

Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others. We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity....These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown."

Monsanto gathered its own crude statistical data after conducting a 90-day study, even though chronic problems can rarely be found after 90 days, and concluded that the corn was safe for consumption.

All I see is text. No source. I don't even see their peer review. I don't see their scientific tests. How do I know how controlled the experiments are? How do I know that other things were not the cause?

Do you expect me to act like you, in fear, and just think they must be terrorists?

Monsanto said their corn was safe to eat in response to the report released by the International Journal of Biological Sciences.

"Organ damage? No problem, just eat our corn!!!!!"

Yea, that definitely sounds like a company deserving of support.

Still your post, again, is straw man arguments. I expect nothing less from a fearful conspiracy theorist.

There are many medications available that have side effects, yet they still are trying to help people with medical problems. Does that make all pharmaceutical companies evil?

For instance, aspirin has side effects, does that mean everyone who makes aspirin is evil?

Even alcohol damages your liver and kidney... are all alcohol makers evil?

Sure Monsanto probably has flawed products, maybe they are trying to work out the flaws... did you ever think of that?
edit on 21-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Frogs
Oh my what timing....

Senate passes food-safety bill

This bill is a pretty nasty bit of work if you dig into it.
Well the cost looks pretty nasty:

The bill is expected to cost $1.4 billion over the next four years, including the expense of hiring 2,000 new FDA inspectors.
What else is nasty about it?

The oversight of everything falls to...wait for it...the Department of Homeland Security.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Does anyone really think the Government would tell it's citizens if the food or water supply was poisoned?

No. Why? Would stop consumerism which funds the Federal Government, State, Cities.

They HAVE caught lots of people pouring poisons into our water and food in the last ten years.

You'll never know about it.

Presidente Bush also is the President that decreed the Federal Government will NOT tell you if the radiation level in your area is too high....why? You'd quit shopping and putting money into the economy.

NOBODY cares if you die. That old Magna Carta forcing the King to give you rights.....ahhhh no longer applies.

The King doesn't care if his peasants die. He's got a line of new suckers wanting to come in and replace YOU.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Does anyone really think the Government would tell it's citizens if the food or water supply was poisoned?

The vast majority either still do, else don't care enough to make a fuss about it.

Want proof?

I don't see heads rolling.......

but anyways, star for you post. agreed
edit on 21-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Time out little boy. I am far from a conspiracy theorist.

I dont believe in any theory. My opinions are fully backed up and provable.

All I see is text. No source. I don't even see their peer review. I don't see their scientific tests. How do I know how controlled the experiments are? How do I know that other things were not the cause?

Feel free to read the report yourself.
Click here

It's also a business. If someone is illegally using a product you invented without permission, you can sue them. The farmers were technically stealing.

When Monsanto's mutants contaminate a farmers fields, it is not theft.

This is just one of many cases.

At the time, Roundup Ready canola was in use by several farmers in the area. Schmeiser claimed that he did not plant the initial Roundup Ready canola, and that his field of custom-bred canola had been accidentally contaminated.

Possibly routes of this gene flow include seed which escaped from passing trucks containing Roundup Ready harvests, or natural, accidental pollination. Monsanto initially claimed that Schmeiser planted Roundup Ready Canola in his fields intentionally, though they could offer no evidence for this.

The company later admitted that it was possible for unintentional gene flow to have resulted in the initial presence of Roundup Ready Canola in Schmeiser's field.

Monsanto v Schmeiser

Monsanto also has an issue with suing people for simply stating their milk did not contain Monsanto's pile of garbage known as rBST

Monsanto sues dairy for simply saying their milk is free of growth hormones

Monsanto also has a history of bribery, pollution, false advertising, harassment, and flat out lying.

Have fun defending them

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

YOU and whyhi are seriously delusional and always come to these posts ready to defend monsanto and gmo foods I have seen your posts and others that are not familiar with you two or maybe ? one-of the same don't start your insane GARBAGE about gmo -foods and the good of it all for us there thousanda of in depth reports already regarding deadly concerns with thses foods so I suggest since you and whyhi are so bought up and involved take all of it and you two caneat and stuff yourselves to no end with it. Don,t try to push your agendas on other people !!!!! the govt. shills and monsanto must treat yougoooooooood1

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You are incapable of seeing how very open and visible you and whyhi are on here; many posters like myself can smell you coming with the usual very typical agendas to defend monsanto Oh what was your previous statement above I can make ats look like aterrorist too!!! what atool, you are so BUSTED!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The food safety bill came before this announcement I think.

To me, the genetically modified food vs. organic food is very shaky. What it boils down to is money. Farmers want to keep their money and keep their share of the food market. Genetically modified food is mass-produced and can do a job (such as growing in high humidity) specifically. It's basically the human old "Robots are taking our jobs" claim. Both sides can do their fair share of lying and lobbying to make sure a certain view is prominent in the media.

While I'm still a bit wary about genetically modified foods, they do SOUND safe. Man is just doing something that happens naturally in nature--evolution. Aren't they just modifying genes to make an organism stronger in its environment? Sounds like evolution minus the millions of years required.

On a side note, I've read that the corn that we see now isn't even close to its original form. I've also read that wheat, I THINK, isn't indigenous to any region on earth. Looks like evidence of genetically modified food from a past civilization. How's that for you conspiracy nuts?

Needless to say, I think that this is all just about what groups get money and that any speculation that Monsanto is "out to get us" is silly.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Do you know how many countries hate the US? To claim that they are not constantly under attack is pretty ignorant. Now I'm not saying that your own government isn't using terrorism threats to instate fear in its citizens to better control them and to have their unquestionable patriotism, of course they are, but to go and state that there are no terror plans, well that's just crazy.

Americans are hated all over the globe, they illegally occupy other countries, set up puppet governments and basically tell these countries how they should live their lives. There goal seems to be; to invade, set up corporations overseas and expand until there is only one market economy umbrella which isn't so far off from where we are now. So of course the people that are aware of this will have terror plots against the US but most of these people aren't countries, they have no armies and have to use what-ever they can to fend off this evil empire of greed and corruption. Personally, I hate the US and the Entire G8 and their plan to rule the world as they see fit but it's not by striking the innocent that they can win this war against them, if they do so they'll only gain sympathy from the population.

So driving planes into buildings or poisoning the food supply seem like dumb moves because it would only add sympathy to the public eye, escalate the "war on terrorism" and give the US even more power and freedom to act against them but does that mean they won't do it? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of independent cells out there working on their own and I'm sure there are just as many individuals who want to take arms against the States by any mean possible and without considering the outcome of such actions. So yes there is an obvious threat, there always has been and there always will be.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Our food and water are already poisoned. All that they have to do it "ooops, sorry machine failed and put in too much". 2 tablespoons of MSG will kill and average size dog.

That may be, but try eating some ricin ( the poison they purportedly plan to use ), and you will see how human-friendly MSG is!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Kinda fishy that this comes out, just hours after a new bill got passed that pretty much gives the us government say on what food americans eat or grow, is it just me who fpound this odd

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Wait... wait... wait...

So they're going after the U.S. because of the food poison bill, I mean food safety bill?

What about codex alimentarius? What about monsanto or GMO's.

What about McDonald's? What about pesticides? Which one of these methods will the terrorists use?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just heard a news story on this.

Supposedly terrorists are going to attempt poisoning salad bars and buffets with Cyanide and Ricin. Isn't Ricin made from Castor beans?

Aha, I was right

Ricin, Wikipedia

I'm not seeing this happening myself. How would you organize terrorists to distribute these poisons, seems like you'd need a good lot of it also, which would be easily detected. You'd really have to target places where the food is poisonous puke to begin with, to disguise the poison, so I could see this maybe flying at Wendy's and Pizza Hut - if they still have salad bars - otherwise - no - doesn't sound too workable of a plan.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Too labor intensive, for little results.

They should've said that "terrorists" were planning on unleashing some Swine Flu. Puts the fear in people, moves those excess unsold vaccines at the same time.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
reply to post by Urantia1111

I hate buffets to begin with! We rarely eat out because I really want to know how the food is prepared. Going organic is the only way these days.

I'm with you on that one . . . how many times have any of us sat in some restaurant somehwere and watched some six-year-old snot-bubbler fishing through the salad bar with hands that look like the last liquid they saw was when the pint-sized walking germ piddled on his hands whilst relieving himself in the parking lot.

Making it worse, I toiled my University days as a meat cutter . . . if people only knew, they'd think the risk from some terrorist spicing their tacos with ricin was the least of their worries.

In terms of food-roulette, you've got less chance getting a bad case of the green apple two step from the latter than the former.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here in Canada we have had this sort of policing on our foods for quite a long time. The Canadian Food inspection agency ( CFIA ) is responsible for the quality assurance of the end product offered to the end client, us the customer. They check everything that is comestible, from candy to the fillet Mignon and they even inspect restaurants and grocery stores to make sure that the customers end up purchasing a safe product in a safe environment. To be honest, it is quite effective and is appreciated. In addition CFIA works hand in hand with the Canadian Dairy Commission and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. The system is a bit "heavy" but in the end the consumer does benefit from a better and safer product offered to us.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Wait... wait... wait...

So they're going after the U.S. because of the food poison bill, I mean food safety bill?

What about codex alimentarius? What about monsanto or GMO's.

What about McDonald's? What about pesticides? Which one of these methods will the terrorists use?

Finally some people are waking up in your country!
You can take all the garbage that is happening and place it in a big box stamped UN Agenda 21.
Wrap it with ribbons of greed and corruption, put it into a truck of the warmongers and drive it off a cliff into the sea.
This planet is for all peoples, what is happening around you was not meant to be...
This season was to be one of caring and sharing.
Not a lump of industrial coal in your stocking.
The Peace and Love is being replaced with fear and underhanded tricks.
For the ones who are hungry,cold and the ones dodging bullets, may you live another day and share with your families.
We are here to celebrate life and happiness, not pain and death.
I ask all , why are so many on the wrong path? Who is making this happen?
Peace and Love to all, even the skeptics as they have families too.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here is a vid that nicely sums up how many of these 'terrorists' are created, and by whom, and how folks, just as we see here on this very thread, become convinced that boogey men are out to get us through the propaganda & brainwashing brigade...I suggest everyone take a gander at this one:

Are there REAL terrorists out there who wish to attack americans? I would imagine there is, but I also am highly aware of the 'manufactured' ones constantly being designed by our own gov and alphabet soup orgs to keep us all in a state of fear and paranoia. And I have little doubt THESE types of 'terrorists' make up the vast majority of the cases we are constantly being bombarded with on the corpomedia outlets.

Do not blindly swallow what it is being fed to you by your 'leaders' and their shills and puppets in the media.

Think for yourselves---Put the puzzle pieces together and see what is actually occuring.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

What if the threat is real, how dumb would you feel when people start getting poisoned?

What could it hurt if people/hotels/restaurants are more aware?

America is not exactly the most popular country right now, are you claiming nobody wants to harm Americans?

edit on 20-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Oh, good grief! It is the "protectors" themselves that are the real threat. Sure some group or another might manage to poison a few citizens, but, as I point out in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...

We are FAR more likely to be assaulted by the "protectors" than we are by "terrorists." I'll take my chances.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join