It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion Belt Anomalies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
edit on 22-12-2010 by Truther101 because: double post

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Looks like a ship caught in mid flight going incredibly fast, that when a picture is taken it shows up multiple times with a trail!!

or possibly a wormhole of some type? (Arent they invisible?)

or as NASA would say "Space debris" or "Satellite Trails"

Eitherway, great find!! S+F!!

edit on 22-12-2010 by Truther101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by Human_Alien

Maybe when the pictures were taken, the time-lapse and shutter speed caught a soaring comet.
It seems that each picture almost look as if the object in question is getting larger and then smaller.
As if it is traveling quickly across the viewfinder.
In a straight line.
If the trail had been at an arc, or spiral, I'd be a little less definitive.

Just a guess.

The other object is strange.
It's hard to guess what that is.

edit on 20-12-2010 by havok because: I added some words...

Not to pee in your Wheaties,but do you know how fast that comet would have to be traveling to cover that distance?

I am too tired to do the math, but I dont think that this explanation is plausible based on the distance those anomalies cover.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I've taken some amateur photos, as recent as the lunar eclipse. i believe in a great deal of "way out there" ideas but i'm a very rational and logical thinker... i'd be a terrific skeptic.
My camera is only 10 megapixels, and when i zoomed in on the moon the other night i picked up a light at about 3:30 - 4:00 on the side of the moon.
i was taking pictures for 1 1/2 hours.
The first "unkown" object was on a picture just before 11 PM MST, but at 11:22 PM MST i took at least 14 pictures with this "object" occuring in about 3 or 4 images.

Later on the computer, when i zoom in on the "object" beside the moon, it breaks down into a square shape. My thinking is that a distant star which appears near to the moon would be circular shaped. OR, could it appear as a square shape because of the distortion from the megapixels when i zoom in?
If the megapixel explaination is true, then why does my object have round dark patches around the square like a four leaf clover?
I also have a picture when then moon is in full eclipse (red coloured) with an "object" down in the bottom right hand corner. I remember seeing with my eye a star near that area, but when i zoom in on the computer, i get a triangle shape with dotted lights at each corner.

I'm new to posting here, so if anyone could help answer my query, and also assist with me uploading my pictures, that'd be great.
I can also include another photo from July with another "unexplained" image.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Well that looks like a Star gate, question is how far is this object exactly> Is this close to us just in view of Orion because if it is in Orion it must be HUGE! Could anyone calculate how large this object is?

If that large i can only imagine the size of whatever would come through it. Because that is a big door for a big something....

A Star Gate? Seriously? Besides having watched television too much, where exactly have you ever seen a "star gate" which only exists in the minds of TV writers?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
my astrophotographer friend with 10 years experience and a beautiful 14 inch refractor told me this:

"Regarding Orion.....dude those are satellite trails. The Orion region is where most satellites cross, it also contains tons of geosynchronous ones also. It makes it a pain to image this area, you lose many exposures from these trails across your image."

I can hope on board with this.

Check this post by spacedoubt about Iridium sats having the tendency to flare up. This again without knowing the exposure time of the images, DTG for the images, location taken, angle etc... it's hard to conclusively label them as satellites.. but I'm open to that.
edit on 22-12-2010 by igigi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Found out how to put pic's up.
I uploaded all the photos i was referring to in my album called "unknown" under my profile.
Can anyone give me their opinion?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Im sorry, but didn't you or anyone else notice my posted reply that this line - and any other similar one-

in orion's belt ARE DUE TO SATELLITES?!

I was initially intrigued too. Too bad this whole topic is now moot.

THE LINE IS A SATELLITE TRACK. Stop the conjectural madness....help! Phage!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

edit on 12/22/2010 by drphilxr because: duplicate deleted

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Im sorry, but didn't you or anyone else notice my posted reply that this line - and any other similar one-

You state this with such aver and conviction.
I can easily say this is just Santa Claus' route too so, care to back it up with some...........er, say proof?
Why are you calling out Phage (Mr. copy/paste pro)? Strength by numbers?

I stand firm that I do not know what we're looking at but the claims of this being a glitch in the processor/camera/satellite/photo and or satellite track (as you're stating) is just as plausible as it being something totally unknown.
I further realize we're not looking at real-time rather, photos but that doesn't mean we (they) didn't capture something unexplainable.

I think Humans have a narcissistic propensity of needing to explain everything away. Not knowing doesn't bode well with our ego.
And when they can't explain something, they simply fall back on what they 'want' things to be. That is not how Universal reality works. We still can't figure out Stonehenge, The Great Pyramid, Easter Island just to name a few sites here on our own piece of real estate so what makes us think we have an inkling of knowledge of what's happening out there?

And speaking of of the Giza Plateau....it lines up perfectly with Orion's belt. So we should never stop considering that there might be a whole lot going on up there that modern man can't grasp (or, knowledge being kept away from us)

Expand your mind and that sometimes requires leaving out our conditioned and limited logic.

edit on 22-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime
reply to post by gavron

He is actually a she but apparently that was another part of the thread you skipped over impatiently so you can belittle her.
Please point out the post in this thread that identified the OP as a she. You can PM it to me if you like...but I think you are mistaken.

How about adding something constructive to the topic next time, or do not even bother to add at all. Sorry for going off topic OP
Requesting the OP use a telescope to verify their own theory is a legitimate request. It's tiring to see people post these outlandish claims from one source....then say "prove me wrong". Why not instead show us multiple sources with the same info and prove yourself right?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to compose a sticky entitled ".jpeg artifacts and you," and explain why GoogleAnything and over-enlarged photos cannot be relied upon as proof of anything, whatsoever.

It should also be noted that these mosaics shown in Google search applets tend to be composed of VERY old images collected over time from various space agencies and other researchers. As far as being a genuine resource for independent research is concerned, it is deplorable. It was never intended to serve these purposes and I believe Google has made that clear in a few places.

Also, the ideas that some posters are coming up with to define these .jpg blobs and oversized pixels are hilarious. Do you have any idea what kind of effect an object that huge would have on all other objects around it, including stars themselves? Would be kind of hard to hide, would it not?

edit on 22/12/10 by Adept_Zero because: added a line

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adept_Zero

Whose saying this is proof of anything??? In fact the only ones spewing out that word 'proof' are the ones claiming this is nothing but a glitch.

I never said we captured absolute proof of some covert space activity (although I do believe that is happening out there nonetheless)

We can keep this ping-pong debate going forever, but if what your side is saying (that this is definitely, not 'maybe', nothing but some sort of software anomaly) then....prove it! Any conviction needs to be backed up with proof.

While you're at it, I am particularly interested in the second software 'glitch" myself!

PS My telescope is disassembled and in storage after moving last month. But thank you all for your suggestions (as though I never would've even considered checking it out myself!)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Also check out constellation Lepus above star HD 35736. A similar line is present above it....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this is my first post... all i wanna say is i like reading all posts no matter how fantastical just so i can add them all up and come up with what i think is right!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You sound bitterly disappointed and angry.

I would LOVE for this to be a mysterious star trail or star-gate!

however, calling out for Phage is sometimes a needed call for reason to intervene

with our wanting to believe in possible nonsense.

Did you not read my quote from the experienced astrophotographer (and neurosurgeon) colleague of mine?

Does it seem wholly implausible that satellites (not to mention space junk debris) orbit the earth

and cross the orion belt so frequently about 30% of his deep star photos show lines just like this????

Please consider alternatives as well. Im still open to this being something extra-ordinary,

but it could be ordinary as well.

ps- Its too cold, overcast, and snowing in Boston to take my scope out and check this quadrant near Alnilam.
I don't own astrophotography equipment either in order to produce photographic proof.
Would you like me to ask my friend for a few of his photos of this area - in case there are similar lines?
edit on 12/22/2010 by drphilxr because: added information

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adept_Zero
GoogleAnything and over-enlarged photos cannot be relied upon as proof of anything, whatsoever.

edit on 22/12/10 by Adept_Zero because: added a line

So this Google image and enlargement is not proof of M31?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/030bffe12e5d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97865883ee1f.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course these images are proof. We know what these objects are.

We're also asking "What are these odd things we've found."
You would like to attribute everything that can't easily be dismissed as an "artifact" of the photographic process, dust on the lens and the like.

We'd be interested to know how you know, without a doubt that everything out there that can't be readily identified is in fact an artifact of the process.

The answer, in my opinion, is obvious. You don't have a definitive answer and are biased in some way going into the argument.

Get a grip.
The universe is a big place.
We don't have a monopoly on knowledge.
Do you?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Just what in the hell are you rambling about? I never posted anything about the supposed lines, the ones that look like lines in your post. Because those look to me like they are some kind of bleedover from the actual stars in the picture, kind of like chromatic aberration, like when you look at something through a telescope thats really bright and you get the halo effect, or lens flare. But in the video in the opening op that looks like a asteroid or something similar traveling through the frame. I initially thought perhaps a iridium flare but thinking it out I am going to go with the asteroid thought.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
This is just plain ol' weird. I don't know enough about astronomy (telescope science) to have an opinion This line is there though. Check it out yourself.
www.google.com...

this prophecy about orion by johan friede, an austrian monk of 750 years ago, may interest you. it concerns betelguese, which scientists now say has shrunk about 15% over recent decades.

"
17. Johann Friede ~ According to a vision received by Johann Friede (1204-1257), an Austrian monk of the Order of St. John, several extraordinary phenomena will give warning that the present order of civilization is about to end: "When the great time will come, in which mankind will face its last, hard trial, it will be foreshadowed by striking changes in nature; the alteration between cold and heat will become more intensive, storms will have more catastrophic effects, earthquakes will destroy greater regions and the seas will overflow many lowlands. Not all of it will be the result of natural causes, but man will penetrate into the bowels of the earth and will reach into the clouds, gambling with its own existence. Before the powers of destruction will succeed in their design, the universe will be thrown into disorder, and the age of iron will plunge into nothingness. When the nights will be filled with more intensive cold and the day with heat, a new life will begin in nature. The heat means radiation from the earth, the cold the waning light of the sun. Only a few more years and you will become aware that sunlight has become perceptibly weaker. When even your artificial light will cease to give service, the great event of the firmament will be near. "The nebula of the Greater Bear will arrive in the vicinity of earth... and will fill the space of five hundred suns at the horizon. It will more and more cover up the light of the sun until the days will be like nights at full moon. The illumination will not come from the moon, but from Orion, which constellation, by the light of Jupiter, will send forth its rays on the Greater Bear and will dissolve its nebula with the force of light. "By this time mankind will be stricken with terror. Birds will be like reptiles and will not use their wings. Animals of the ground, in fear and alarm, will raise such a clamor that it will make human hearts tremble. Men will flee their abodes in order not to see the weird occurrence. Finally, complete darkness will set in and last for three days and three nights. "During this time, men, deprived of the power of light, will fall into a slumber-like sleep from which many will not awaken, especially those who have no spark of spiritual life. When the sun will again rise and emerge, earth will be covered with a blanket of ashes like snow in winter, except that the ashes will have the color of sulfur. Damp fog will ascend from the ground, illuminated by igneous gases. "Of mankind there will be more dead than there have been casualties in all wars. In the abodes of the children of light, the Book of Revelations will be read, and in the palaces of the Church they will await the arrival of the great comet. On the seventh day after the return of light, earth will have absorbed the ashes and formed such fertility as has not been experienced ever before. But Orion will cast its ray on the earth and show a path toward the last resting place of the greatest and most eminent man who had ever lived on the EARTH."

also the 3 egyptian pyramids are thought to be placed the same line as stars in orion.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Why is it okay for you to say this:

Im still open to this being something extra-ordinary,

but it could be ordinary as well.

but when I say it you say I seem bitter and disappointed?

You're wrong on both accounts. There's nothing to be disappointed over. And bitter? Why? If anything I am privileged by knowing there's more going on than the average person is aware of. I just lack the understanding, that's all. So 'bitter'? Not at all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join