It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion Belt Anomalies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marchesejp
Can someone give a look on this.. this is a very strange line for me...

53.934490°, 27.971753°

Those coordinates do not result in a line anywhere in the neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Heres a nice pic of what shoemaker leavy looked like when it fragmented, looks similar to me?

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

That's really cool. It puts a new spin on things as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

And I have to say that the object in your pictures with the circles around it is quite different than anything else posted yet. That in my mind is too uniform to be explained away there definitely looks to be some kind of design to it, not just a series of blobs.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Holy...sheet...nice find, I am without explanation...keep an eye on that area, no double Google will clean up these image "artifacts" some time soon.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Well I think it is quite obvious that WTF #2 is Slave 1 which was Boba Fett's ship in Star Wars. This is much like the Google Sky video that shows the Millenium Falcon I saw awhile back or Klingon Bird of Prey.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I remember some book that had interpreted the Bible awhile back.

The author surmised that the second coming of Christ would occur through Orion's Belt; so you may be onto something here. S&F.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I saw what the op described in her video. Nice fine indeed.
The first thing that came to my mind was "Active Mass Relay from Mass Effect"...
I know, I know... but it was just my imagination going. Whoever played the game will understand.
For those who haven't played it, a link with info masseffect.wikia.com...

EDIT to add:

Seriuosly, If it's not a glitch in the data collected, it could very well be a transport system, much like the one in the movie Contact with Jodie Foster.
The even spaced disc of light, the line interconecting them... why not?
edit on 22/12/10 by Jim.Hero because: add comments

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
I remember some book that had interpreted the Bible awhile back.

The author surmised that the second coming of Christ would occur through Orion's Belt; so you may be onto something here. S&F.

So, I've been saving this for an appropriate time. And it's time:

If you recall, I found this anomaly in Cetus...

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
It's pull a muscle time (it's a stretch)...

Cetus The Sea Monster
When Cassiopeia, wife of King Cepheus of Ethiopia, boasted that she was more beautiful than the sea nymphs called the Nereids she set in motion one of the most celebrated stories in mythology, whose characters are commemorated in the sky. In retribution for the insult to the Nereids, the sea god Poseidon sent a monster to ravage the coast of Cepheus’s territory. That monster is represented by the constellation Cetus.
www.ianridpath.com...

>
Geneva Study Bible
1 [23] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and [1] saw a beast rise up [2] out of the sea, having seven heads and [3] ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, [4] and upon his heads [5] the name of blasphemy.

COUNT THOSE LITTLE BLOBS IN THE CIRCLE
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba4096184675.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11517a49d405.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12/22/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: Cetus

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If you use sky-map.org to search for the same anomalies, the weird lines disappeared...it seems to be only found in google sky website.

However, the cylindrical anomaly are both sighted in google sky & sky-map.org!

I had created an video on that

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I found the line your talking about. In my cheap version of google sky it is a bit lower than on yours, but it is the same line. Same objects equal-distance apart from each other. This has to be something on the film or because of the photography, I don't believe it is actually there. It is very interesting though.

I'm sure some astronomer reading all this will eventually explain it better than any of us ever could.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by simontay78
If you use sky-map.org to search for the same anomalies, the weird lines disappeared...it seems to be only found in google sky website.

I think you have proven my point for me. The line, or whatever it is, is not really there. It is only there on Google Sky film. No anomaly.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Guys, there is a clean blue line on this coordinates.. I'm not expert on this.. But I would like your opinion.. This can be an image distorsion or could be something odd?

www.google.com...=53.9334539494465&longitude=27.975311279296875&zoom=11&Spitzer=0.00&ChandraXO= 0.00&Galex=0.00&IRAS=0.00&WMAP=0.00&Cassini=0.00&slide=1&mI=-1&oI=-1

Just copy/paste the coordinate on google sky: 53.934490°, 27.971753° or click on the link above

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marchesejp
reply to post by The Shrike

Guys, there is a clean blue line on this coordinates.. I'm not expert on this.. But I would like your opinion.. This can be an image distorsion or could be something odd?

www.google.com...=53.9334539494465&longitude=27.975311279296875&zoom=11&Spitzer=0.00&ChandraXO= 0.00&Galex=0.00&IRAS=0.00&WMAP=0.00&Cassini=0.00&slide=1&mI=-1&oI=-1

Just copy/paste the coordinate on google sky: 53.934490°, 27.971753° or click on the link above

The lines looks more suspiciously like a asteroid with a long tail or it's just another film anomaly that Google need to hire more of us to find

But the cylindrical object may be some super huge asteroid flying around space

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marchesejp

These blue lines are all over the place. I think that in these instances they are due to artifacts or long exposures. My wacky stargate thingy notwithstanding...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/233df80a7339.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood screwball

(Hey! What's he still doing here?!)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Come on. . .are you serious!? Isn't clear that whatever camera took these images was in a cloud of swamp gas!? It's so blatantly obvious that the light of Betelgeuse is reflecting off of a cloud of swamp gas, which in turn appears as a "celestial fog" due to the cold temperatures of space. Also, something something something Venus.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I found this weird object near Sirius, that seems like a triangle to me. What that might be ?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott

Zoltan, the humans have found the Orion gate line. Please advise on course of action...........

Going in Conspiracy Realm mode .. LOL

We Should ask Zontar The Thing from Venus instead!

maybe he JUST might have a Clue what this is around the Belt of Orion ...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The curved line to the top right hand side of Sculptor Galaxy is interesting, if you get time to look at it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Um guys - - these are satellites crossing this area of sky, and of course would NOT show

up in different sky database engines as they obtain their images at different times. Most

astrophotography is long exposure, so that crossing satellites would leave just that kind of stippled path.

my astrophotographer friend with 10 years experience and a beautiful 14 inch refractor told me this:

"Regarding Orion.....dude those are satellite trails. The Orion region is where most satellites cross, it also contains tons of geosynchronous ones also. It makes it a pain to image this area, you lose many exposures from these trails across your image."

CD

edit on 12/22/2010 by drphilxr because: syntactical

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join