It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion Belt Anomalies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is just plain ol' weird. I don't know enough about astronomy (telescope science) to have an opinion This line is there though. Check it out yourself.
www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The universe is coming apart at the seams

That is interesting, could be something as little as the splicing together of photos to map google sky. I really don't know, im sure one of the experts here will have one of the more prosaic explanations than mine.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Great Find, Excellent detective work!!

By the way, you have a really cute voice

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

yea i dont trust anything from the 'puter. i've been watching orion for my entire life, and his waistline looks perfectly fine to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinkykoala

Great Find, Excellent detective work!!

By the way, you have a really cute voice

I agree, she sounds like a hottie

Girls that are in this Alien stuff tend to be hot for some reason?

Yeah Orion has got as fat as us Americans, too much McDonalds and Burger King imo
edit on 20-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Maybe when the pictures were taken, the time-lapse and shutter speed caught a soaring comet.
It seems that each picture almost look as if the object in question is getting larger and then smaller.
As if it is traveling quickly across the viewfinder.
In a straight line.
If the trail had been at an arc, or spiral, I'd be a little less definitive.

Just a guess.

The other object is strange.
It's hard to guess what that is.

edit on 20-12-2010 by havok because: I added some words...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have heard from numerous sources that there is an inter-dimensional gateway at Orion. From some places I have heard that it is somewhat akin to the jumpgate of Babylon 5, there is also a teaching that says that this is where our souls come into this world to become resident into our bodies. Could be both, could be neither, but the fact that numerous different sources reference something to that effect gives it at least more than a coincedental hmmmm. The cylindrical object noted looks like other cylinder ufo's I've seen images of. I couldn't make the video bigger to see what she was talking about in regards to the spheres, but I was able to get a shot of a ufo jumping dimensions in a zig zag above me. For those of you that could see the sphere of light she was talking about, did it look something like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60908bd3a8e4.png[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe that I have heard somewhere that there is some kind of top secret satellite that happens to have it's orbit go through orion from our prospective here on earth not actually orbiting the constellation. And to me that does look like light reflecting off of a bird (satellite) and the reason it would appear and disappear is due to the way the sunlight glints off of it almost like and iridium flare. So the camera is just catching the flashes at random.

edit on 20-12-2010 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Makes one wonder why the Egyptians (Giza Plateau) had such a reverence to Orion's Belt too. I'm sure there's something very special about that particular part of our galactic neighborhood.

To the others: I thought it might've been a glitch too but did you actually go to Google Sky and see for yourself?
That line is huge! And it just ends. Like that (I am snapping my fingers).

I dunno but until someone can simulate this glitch for me, I am believing there may be something fantastic going on up there. And with Saturn's plasma ejection today, I'd say the cosmos is extremely active.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Could be a comet but why does it have a beginning and end? Shouldn't it be seen throughout the sky if it was soaring by?

I still like to think it's something unexplainable although comet is a good guess.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Plus I believe the pictures would be taken at different intervals to form a mosaic. Meaning that they might not all be taken the same day or time, which could account for the anomaly showing up in only one section and mysteriously disappearing in another. But I agree there is something magical about Orion, it has alway drawn my eye to it and when observed I feel a certain attachment to it kinda hard to explain.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I find it curious how this line appears BEHIND star flares (such at Google Sky coords -1.151689°, -96.623980°). Some of this can be explained by bright light wash out... but looking over and over the area it appears to be... something. If it was splicing it would be crisper (see -0.303614°, -97.061586°)

Looking over the area Orion appears to be criss-crossed by these lines. They intersect and seldom at right angles, leaving me to believe they are not splicing marks from two seperate photos, unless Google has taken to the practice of oddly shaped CENSORSHIP (see -16.716111°, -78.712917° Sirius)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Great job!!!......seems like the other thing next to the line is a 'spacestation' or a structure not very clear,is very debatible.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi
I find it curious how this line appears BEHIND star flares (such at Google Sky coords -1.151689°, -96.623980°). Some of this can be explained by bright light wash out... but looking over and over the area it appears to be... something. If it was splicing it would be crisper (see -0.303614°, -97.061586°)

Looking over the area Orion appears to be criss-crossed by these lines. They intersect and seldom at right angles, leaving me to believe they are not splicing marks from two seperate photos, unless Google has taken to the practice of oddly shaped CENSORSHIP (see -16.716111°, -78.712917° Sirius)

What's a bright light wash out mean?
And where do you see it criss-crossing?

What's your over-all opinion?
Thanks

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Yes, I agree.
But I wait patiently for the balloon-contrail-lanter people to drop by with their infinite wisdom never-the-less

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Does anyone have the co-ordinates or a link as I am unable to watch the video

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Same thing going on here, with an unexpected bonus in the form of a circle surrounded by a number of circles at the bottom of the vertical line.

What Gives In Cetus? Google Sky Coordinates 2 26 33 -04 41 37
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here is where the lines I found are:

new topics

top topics