It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion Belt Anomalies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm curious why you are so afraid to buy a telescope (or rent one) and view this anomaly yourself? You say you want facts, but have to rely on your "google fu" to find them? Rather than see them yourself?

Strange....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron You say you want facts, but have to rely on your "google fu" to find them? Rather than see them yourself?

Originally posted by Human_Alien ... before I go out and buy (another) telescope! The world would be a better place because of it!

TL;DR? I think he alluded to having one.
edit on 21-12-2010 by igigi because: Rawr.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Sorry, igigi, the way he was crying earlier, it made it seem like they didnt have one. Perhaps they are not skilled in how to use one (or maybe it's a Fisher Price "My First Telescope" kit....and not a quality lens that can look at things other than the neighbors windows
).

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Yeah, I feel ya.. I really really wanna get a nice mid-range "I can see cool stuff" telescope and drive out part city light pollution and just sky-watch..

Would of been nice last night during the Once-ever-456-years Winter Solstice/Total Lunar Eclipse last night.. but alas, I was helping the gf bake 20 gingerbread houses for a gingerbread house making contest

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Anomaly "hunting" using google sky is just plain ignorant.

Go buy a telescope. And LEARN how to use it. Afterward, I assure you that you will feel foolish for making this thread, Human Alien. Remember, buy a telescope and LEARN to use it. Through that LEARNING process you will see why using Google anything for observation is only feeding yours and many others ignorance.

I own a telescope. Unfortunately any telescope available will not be able to resolve anything picked up in the deep sky survey, so for now we are left with analysing imiges on sites such as Wikisky.org.

Do you have anything else to add?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Stargate Wormhole-yes super highway of sorts

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi
reply to post by gavron

Yeah, I feel ya.. I really really wanna get a nice mid-range "I can see cool stuff" telescope and drive out part city light pollution and just sky-watch..

Would of been nice last night during the Once-ever-456-years Winter Solstice/Total Lunar Eclipse last night.. but alas, I was helping the gf bake 20 gingerbread houses for a gingerbread house making contest

I have the Meade ETX-60 computerized telescope, its not very big but you can see the moon and planets pretty well.

Yeah, I wanted to see the eclipse too, but was cloudy the whole night here in California. So I had to watch it on a live webcam.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

He is actually a she but apparently that was another part of the thread you skipped over impatiently so you can belittle her. How about adding something constructive to the topic next time, or do not even bother to add at all. Sorry for going off topic OP

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Pathetic to compliment someone??

I think you should look in the mirror for pathetic, nothing wrong with complimenting someone, It's not like I asked for her number or a date dude....Geeze

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Aaannnnd... /backontopic!

Originally posted by bdw18_123I have the Meade ETX-60 computerized telescope, its not very big but you can see the moon and planets pretty well.

^this. Consumer telescopes, even with all the bells and whistles, aren't going to give you great detail for extra-solar formations. Gotta leave that to TPTB with the BFG9000 telescopes.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That last thing she pointed out looks like half of a face, for some reason. Reminded me of the face on Mars.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The lines could be a bi-product of Google stitching together all of the pictures of space into one image, just thought I'd throw the idea out there. If it were really something out of the ordinary I'm sure the guys from Google would have picked up on it when releasing Google sky. But you never know!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There's no actual line there, If there was it would be known already..people need to stop relying on these stupid programs.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Because potential structures might just be downplayed as "imaging errors" or "splicing errors"."
The ability for the average joe (skeptic) to peer deep into space for 5 hours on an off day, searching and looking at the universe, is a relatively new thing, and most artifacts can be explained away.

It's curious in it's... regular intervals seemingly like a highway from star to star ;P

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
There's no actual line there, If there was it would be known already..people need to stop relying on these stupid programs.

There is a God who controls the Heavens and Earth, and the crazy things uncovered on ATS are proof of his control. If there is proof of even one miracle, there is proof of god. This thread exposes strange things in the sky, which can't be explained by science (as we know it). Straight lines, which abruptly end, are such unexplainable things.

Other ATS examples are sightings of giant spacecraft, swirls, circles. The most amazing is the sunspot images on the SUN in the shape of the Haitian Island group at the exact time of the Haitian Earthquake, and shortly there after, another island group shaped sunspot at the time of a pacific earth quake, then the five points on the surface of the sun -- in the shape of the Olympic emblem --- at the start of the British Columbian Olympics..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

God communicates with us by hidden messages in the words we use to describe the thing we see. The word "lines" contains such messages, as does the word "Dash".

The word "Lines" decodes to "2010 AD, 2010 Fun Debate" -- and a family of other meanings. If any of you ever invented anything important and complicated, you know how hard it is to unravel God's secrets.

See the websites listed in my profile.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

You're absolutely right. People think they have it all figured out. Surprise!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

You're absolutely right. People think they have it all figured out. Surprise!

You are perceptive -- seeing the obvious is the most difficult thing for egg heads like us -- we are the ones with the sheep skins.

The biggest miracle ever (millions of miracles) is the hidden language explained with thousands of examples on my websites -- listed in my profile.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

HAH! Ya know.. your site is damned interesting! I think I'll love exploring that as well; ty for that!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

It is the ultimate geek game, a math oriented word game designed by "GOD".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh c'mon guys! Clearly these are intergalactic superhighways!

All silliness aside, however, I'm gonna say these look like digital artifacting or something like that. If not, they appear to be all over the sky if you look hard enough. There are several near Cetus. I did find a semicircular line, though:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/556b4091f259.jpg[/atsimg]
www.google.com...=-24.613344&longitude=-153.899781&zoom=12

Hey, maybe I've got something here? Woo, aliens!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join