It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Explain To Me What This Orange Orb Was?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by christina-66

Hiya Christina-66. I've nothing important to add to your OP only to say you have a way with words. A couple of sentences really stood out and were evocative. It'd be great if more members had this ability.

Do you have a location for where this sighting happened? 'Heading to the North of Scotland' could begin anywhere, but I'm assuming you were already in Scotland. The location would help gain an idea of light pollution. Likewise, although you're certain that it wasn't a lantern; if it was close to a town should it be ruled out? Also, you describe this object heading in your direction and then describe this 'pyramid' section at the rear. Does that mean that the object approached your position and passed by? If so, how long do you imagine it took? If it was low enough to be described clearly, at what height would you estimate it? Height of tree line? If it was low in relation to the tree line could you estimate the speed? For example, a car's speed travelling away from us can be estimated if we have a context.

Hi....courtesy of the net I can show you very clearly We initially noticed the stars going past Invergarry at Loch Garry....and saw the object just as I drove past the Loch....about a mile past the Loch on the map. Between Invergarry and the Kyles of Lochalsh. I've posted the link to google maps.

Yes the object did come towards us but was going off to the right...came past us at the right hand side...and came down behind where we were standing behind the trees. Trees were mature fir trees....it was a big patch of them. We watched for 5-10 minutes.

Road to Skye - Google Maps A87

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Thanks. It's beautiful in the islands.

Your description of the object is fairly unique regarding this cube/pyramid shape at the back. Do you mean something like a gazebo shape? Was the 'orb' solid-looking or just the glow of a light? Although estimates of size or guesswork at best, if you can picture the object above a mature fir tree-line, what might you compare the size too? Small car? Light aircraft?

If you're telling the truth (it's the internet right?!), it doesn't sound like anything conventional. Likewise the effect of the stars falls within aspects of high strangeness reported by a minority of people reporting UFO sightings.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Thanks. It's beautiful in the islands.

Your description of the object is fairly unique regarding this cube/pyramid shape at the back. Do you mean something like a gazebo shape? Was the 'orb' solid-looking or just the glow of a light? Although estimates of size or guesswork at best, if you can picture the object above a mature fir tree-line, what might you compare the size too? Small car? Light aircraft?

If you're telling the truth (it's the internet right?!), it doesn't sound like anything conventional. Likewise the effect of the stars falls within aspects of high strangeness reported by a minority of people reporting UFO sightings.

Hi . Thanks for the specific questions. No - the orb did not look solid...it was a distinctly spherical ball of light...size wise as you say its difficult to tell....but if you think of a helicopter with a perfect sphere of orange light around it ....that would seem about right. As it came down behind the trees breadth wise - it covered a few trees. These trees are farmed and are planted in neat rows.

You've got me thinking. I looked at Invergarry on the map...they have a hotel there. I'm going to phone them and try to find out if they've ever used lanterns to entertain their guests....to eliminate that....or no. I still can't see it being a lantern....as I said we saw them in a night sky just last new year. All the neighbours were out trying to figure out what they were and within five minutes we'd worked out they were lanterns. We thought it may have been ufo's, then the paragliding guys having a joke, and as I said pretty quickly as they disappeared high in the sky it was obvious they were lanterns...this object was completely different.

The stars, as I said, were the real shocker. I'd really like to hear from anyone who knows anything at all about astronomy to see if this was perhaps an anticpated astronomical event. That's why I've always kept a careful note of the date and year.

PS . Similar to the Gazebo....but the triangle shape was far more distinctive....to the square it formed a higher point.
edit on 20-12-2010 by christina-66 because: added PS

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
THink I've found the explanation for the stars....and why I didn't see them later on. The Lyrid Meteor Shower.....Lasts from April 16 - April 26 each year. YESSSS!!!!

Scroll Down for Info On Lyrid Meteor Shower

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
THink I've found the explanation for the stars....and why I didn't see them later on. The Lyrid Meteor Shower.....Lasts from April 16 - April 26 each year. YESSSS!!!!

Scroll Down for Info On Lyrid Meteor Shower

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Have you tried Neave Planetarium? It's a browser-based planetarium. It's good for setting dates...in your case 18/4/2003. You can then see the identical sky as back then.

Where I mentioned 'high strangeness' in some witness reports, people describe the moment as being extremely 'real.' For example, colours might seem brighter or objects more defined. Often there's a sense of silence as the UFO is observed. Coincidentally, me and friends saw a UFO in 2003 on the south coast of England. Although I could hear the surf on the beach of Eastbourne, there was an underlying silence that's hard to explain. It was a zig-zagging red light that dashed across the vault of the skies from horizon to horizon in under 4 seconds.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That was a great link you posted....its very easy to use. The map of the stars on that date look nothing like what I saw...that's why I think the link re the meteor shower may be a better explanation. It was a beautiful sight.

I appreciate what your saying about the silence. As you may have seen from the map I was in a pretty isolated location...no bird noise...they were all in bed...and we were the only car on the road. Combine that with the fact that we were watching this thing with our jaws dropped...without talking....and it was def quiet. I remember it vividly...I don't even have to close my eyes to see it in my mind's eye.

I just phoned the Glengarry Castle Hotel and asked them if they ever used chinese lanterns to entertain the guests. It was an older woman who'd been working there for years and she just laughed and said 'no it's not our sort of thing.'

Re your own sighting...have you ever checked to see if anyone say anything similar?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

We didn't need to check. There were more than a dozen people in a group some 40 odd metres away and they reacted the same way me and my friends did. Basically, whatever it was was seen by maybe 20 people at the same time. It came from the north and whipped across the horizon towards France and out of sight.

It's not evidence of aliens or anything, but as it stands, there's no conventional behaviour for what it was. It had no tail and the flight-path was zig-zag. I guess we were lucky to see something that's quite rare. It's not as exotic as your own, but meh.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I have to go do something just now...I forget...oh yes...work! When I come back to this I'm going to try to source a miltary explanation. I know they have stealth copters...but I've never seen a brick fly...and they wouldn't explain this perfect sphere of light surrounding it.

Maybe I'll never know....but this is the first time I've ever really tried to properly check it out. I'm really pleased about finding out about the meteor shower.

I know the picture of it is only in my head but I cannot see it being a lantern. At 1am? If it was it was the biggest one in the world...and the most hi-tech. When I saw the pics of the giant lanterns I thought of the hotel...that's why I called. People up in that neck of the woods don't tend to keep premises open until that time. It's very much - 'early to bed, early to rise'.

Was the sighting you saw reported? I'm sure I remember something about sightings the same year on the south coast and looked into it to see if it was similar....and it wasn't. I've never seen a similar report.

Thanks a lot for your specific questions...they help focus the thinking.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hi there,

Sadly I do think that you were witness to a rather large and pretty lantern, these things come in some amazing shapes and sizes.

That's merely my thoughts, as I wasn't there I can only go with my gut instinct.

And that instinct does not include 'plasma aliens'

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns in the sky in scotland

I appreciate the comment - i've posted a pic of lanterns on a night sky in scotland claiming to be ufos....but they are lanterns. This is not what I saw at all. I know I don't have a pic for verification or anything. I'm not jumping to the conclusion that it was an alien vessel - just looking for suggestions.

All I've had so far - from the normal world - is chinese lanterns. Is there nothing else it could be?
edit on 20-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Chinese lanterns in the sky in scotland

I appreciate the comment - i've posted a pic of lanterns on a night sky in scotland claiming to be ufos....but they are lanterns. This is not what I saw at all. I know I don't have a pic for verification or anything. I'm not jumping to the conclusion that it was an alien vessel - just looking for suggestions.

All I've had so far - from the normal world - is chinese lanterns. Is there nothing else it could be?
edit on 20-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

Not really, the orange, came down behind tree's etc sounds soo lantern but there's always the chance you had a 'wee dram'

Seriously tho, I'm a believer, seen two but I just wish like you do that you had a camera at the time. Would have been a lot more chance either way then...

Best rule out plasma beings tho, that will get you locked up

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I seriously wonder about some folks reading comprehension skills sometimes. The OP didn't proffer a 'plasma alien' hypothesis.

And I personally found her post to have the clear signs of a highly intelligent & honest truth-seeker. Humble & pretty sweet, too, 'cause I would have lowered the whammy on a couple of you idgits. Word.

Kandinsky, whom I think is without a doubt one of the greatest intellects on ATS, also surprised me. On one hand stating, "If you're telling the truth (it's the internet right?!)" and then gives the 'unlikely' details of his own sighting.

However, I only mean 'unlikely' in the sense that plagues any of us that have seen something unmistakably extraordinary.

The only reason that any of that bothers me is because I feel that a careful reading of the original OP and her subsequent posts easily shows someone looking for a down to earth explanation...just having no luck so far.

Peace Y'all

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Giving your personal opinion on a matter is 'not' a reflection of your intellect.

The OP is looking for any and all information that appears relative to the description.

I've had enough of the skeptical tidal wave that claims Chinese Lanterns and garbage can lids can explain away every genuine ufo sighting especially if these skeptics have never even seen a chinese lantern or a ufo in their life.

There is something to these orange ships, plasma or not. Only time will tell.

edit on 20-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Maybe 20 minutes passed when there appeared a brilliant double-flash that emanated from and illuminated the top of the peak, a second of darkness, and then maybe 100 ft over the tree tops "it" pulsed into life.

Very interesting stuff. The flash is so interesting, I saw that as a precursor to one of the big ufo orb sightings. Seriously that is very interesting. Never heard anybody mention the flash before when recounting ufo orbs

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Explanation is ufo orbs are real. Those in my avatar moving into two clusters hovering above the ground with shadows underneath were seen by me in Derbyshire. They are most likely exactly the same as you saw
edit on 20-12-2010 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
People have been seeing orbs for thousands of years. Foo Fighters, Ghost Lights, Wisps, Jack O Lanterns, etc.

Different cultures have different names and explanations for them. The truth is we don't know what they are.

Someone trying to sell books or wanting people to join their New Age cult, may say they know, but they don't know either.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

What we do know is

They are capable of communicating through turning themselves on and off in a signal same as your torch

They usually travel in same coloured pairs

They can change shape at will

They rotate on their axis in a clockwise manner

The red type have a beam of light they can shine that seems to be scanning for something

They are capable of forming perfect patterns above you

They can dim down to almost nothing so you don't notice them then burn up to full light at will

They are connected with radiant white motherships that leave a trail of candy floss substance falling from the sky

They are (the angle grinder type that emits molten metal) capable of morhing into a light so beautiful and so holy and just unexplainably white

They come in mostly white or amber/orange (including yellow, red, differing shades), but rarer are the greens, blues, silvers

As Mike Boyd states they have been with us throughout our recorded history, right through from the 'star' of Bethlehem to the NASA critters seen today in space
edit on 20-12-2010 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

What we do know is

They are capable of communicating through turning themselves on and off in a signal same as your torch

They usually travel in same coloured pairs

They can change shape at will

They rotate on their axis in a clockwise manner

The red type have a beam of light they can shine that seems to be scanning for something

They are capable of forming perfect patterns above you

They can dim down to almost nothing so you don't notice them then burn up to full light at will

They are connected with radiant white motherships that leave a trail of candy floss substance falling from the sky

They are (the angle grinder type that emits molten metal) capable of morhing into a light so beautiful and so holy and just unexplainably white

They come in mostly white or amber/orange (including yellow, red, differing shades), but rarer are the greens, blues, silvers

As Mike Boyd states they have been with us throughout our recorded history, right through from the 'star' of Bethlehaem to the NASA critters seen todoay in space

They definitely seem to be intelligent.

Almost playful at times. Sometimes dangerous, like people wandering after them in the dark only to fall off a cliff.

There are "angels" called Hashmallim, described in the Bible, the book of Ezekiel, as being like glowing coals the color of electrum. They accompany the Ophanim, the gimbal like "wheels within wheels" and the Chayoth ha-Qadesh (Holy Living Creatures) that emerge from the wheels.

You have a source for your other varieties of orbs? I'd like to read it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Absolutely fascinating that stuff about them in the Bible. I'm going to check out what you've mentioned there. Thankyou.

I'd heard about the manna stuff from there, very similar to our candy floss substance.

No reads Mike, all that is from personal encounters and experiences.

Oh and you mention they can be seen to be having fun - Yes they do sometimes seem to be trying to out do their partner in the dancing patterns they can make and enjoy playing tag

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join