It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Explain To Me What This Orange Orb Was?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was heading to the north of Scotland; Good Friday 2003...hills to the left of the road and to the right...no light pollution. The night sky was incredible like nothing I'd never seen. I go sailing and have often seen a clear sky without light pollution but I've never seen a sky like this. It looked like someone had taken a knife to the sky and sliced it open like a curtain to show what was really there. The sky was more white than black with stars and shooting stars - it was incredible. For the first time in my life I had that sense of standing on a planet that was hurtling through space.

I was with someone (I was driving) and above the road in front (not so high in the sky - about the height you might expect to see a helicopter) was a large amber sphere of light....it was a sphere....in the middle of which was a solid cube shaped object which looked black inside the sphere.....I asked my friend if he saw it and he said yes but didn't want to say anything in case he was hallucinating LOL.
Anyway I stopped the car and we got out to have a better look...the orb of amber light continued to move toward us but off to the right....with the changing angle we could see that at the back of the cube was a solid black triangle shape...pyramid to be precise. It was silent and continued to move and eventually went down behind the trees.

I have a few questions I hope someone here can answer. Firstly though, please know that the north of Scotland is used by the Air Force to practice low level flying.

My questions are;
1. Does anyone know if there was some astronomical phenomenon on Good Friday 2003 to explain the amount of stars in the sky that night?
2. Would our proximity to the hills and trees alter/improve our view of the night sky?
3. Are there any military craft that would fit this description?
4. If not, have any other UFO sightings fitted this description?

Hope someone can help....it’s been bugging me for years now.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have just authored a thread which contains video's which may answer the question to your orange/amber orb.

Please give the videos a look and see if it applies to your sighting - The thread contains footage of large orange craft that originate from Beings who live 'inside' of the earth in a higher dimensional state of consciousness.

Blessings,

-G

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I was 14 and on a 5-day camp-out with about 20 other Boy Scouts in the foothills of Lookout Mtn in Alabama 20+ years ago. 4 of the 5 days were spent in a relatively safe & easygoing pasture of a scout-friendly citizen. We had some badge classes and spent a lot of our leisure time in fierce competitions of mumblety-peg.

But one night we went to camp in the "mountains," better described as large foothills. After dinner we broke off in pairs and clicks and explored the various trails leading to the top which I estimate to be around 600 ft and situated among many foothills of similar size.

Two scouts had remained at the top longer than the rest of us and it was rather late in the evening when I and a friend were meandering a trail and talking near the top when the two scouts up top called down to us in very excited voices to come up that they had just seen a ufo. We scrambled up to the top and the two scouts indicated an adjacent and taller mount maybe 3-5 miles as the crow flies, and said they saw a big glowing orange ufo land there.

I was skeptical, but was intrigued by how excited they were, cutting each other off in their zealousness to describe what they saw. We settled in and continued talking all the while steadily looking at the adjacent mount top.

Maybe 20 minutes passed when there appeared a brilliant double-flash that emanated from and illuminated the top of the peak, a second of darkness, and then maybe 100 ft over the tree tops "it" pulsed into life. Perspective wise, I would say it was about high-moon size in appearance.

At full pulse it looked like liquid metal or 'plasma' swirling around inside. Then it would dim at about the same speed it lit. It would dim to nothing. We couldn't see anything and then a good bit higher in the sky it would pulse to light again a few seconds later. Not counting the double-flash of the apparent lift-off it lit and dimmed 6 times, each time higher in the sky and after the 6th nothing. We watched for a long time, but that amazing glimpse was over but for the heavy-duty questions it raised in me.

It was a clear night and a clear phenomena of some kind. I was an Air Force brat that never missed a Blue Angels show or an opportunity to witness various test-flights. I knew it wasn't flares and it doesn't fit with any description of ball lightning that I've come across. Conventional craft was out of the question because of characteristics and size.

Even at that age, I knew what we saw couldn't be easily explained. Since the internet came along, I've searched for folk who have seen the same thing. I've came across an account or two that were essentially the same and many more that were similar.

I've been saving this for a thread and slowly working on a motion graphic to put with it, but I couldn't leave you hanging because of the similarities.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

TY so much for posting. I'm a little 'freaked' and have to go ponder this. I'll be back in my morning. I have to write off any real world possibilities....as I said this is an Air Force low fly zone...but I do not think it was a helicopter....it def was NOT a plane.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Heres an image to satisfy our inner skeptic on the matter.

But lets be honest, its probably not this silly little chopper.

Plasma Aliens are a much more likely possibility

-G
edit on 20-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This sighting could have been nothing more than a chinese lantern , but without any photographic evidence to back up the OP's claims , we'll never know .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
I was heading to the north of Scotland; Good Friday 2003...hills to the left of the road and to the right...no light pollution. The night sky was incredible like nothing I'd never seen. I go sailing and have often seen a clear sky without light pollution but I've never seen a sky like this. It looked like someone had taken a knife to the sky and sliced it open like a curtain to show what was really there. The sky was more white than black with stars and shooting stars - it was incredible. For the first time in my life I had that sense of standing on a planet that was hurtling through space.

I was with someone (I was driving) and above the road in front (not so high in the sky - about the height you might expect to see a helicopter) was a large amber sphere of light....it was a sphere....in the middle of which was a solid cube shaped object which looked black inside the sphere.....I asked my friend if he saw it and he said yes but didn't want to say anything in case he was hallucinating LOL.
Anyway I stopped the car and we got out to have a better look...the orb of amber light continued to move toward us but off to the right....with the changing angle we could see that at the back of the cube was a solid black triangle shape...pyramid to be precise. It was silent and continued to move and eventually went down behind the trees.

I may be pilloried, but it sounds just like a Chinese Fire Lantern.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"...we'll never know." Are you schizophrenic or suffering from MPD? Whichever, can you call one of your selves to the 'front' that is more original, polite, and possesses something moderately suggestive of an IQ?
edit on 20-12-2010 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
This sighting could have been nothing more than a chinese lantern , but without any photographic evidence to back up the OP's claims , we'll never know .

"...we'll never know." Are you schizophrenic or suffering from MPD? Whichever, can you call one of your selves to the 'front' that is more original, polite, and possesses something moderately suggestive of an IQ?

No, I am not schizophrenic.
I don't recall seeing any photographic evidence in the original post.
At no point was I impolite. Unlike you.
edit on 20-12-2010 by gandalphthegrey because: Edited for the purpose of self restraint

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

edit on 20-12-2010 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
LOL...we saw chinese lanterns last year...at new year....they gently rose in the sky getting higher and higher...and then gone!!! When the candle went out. This wasn't a chinese lantern....it was too big....and I watched it come down behind trees.

Of course I have no photographic evidence. ...or vid and I can't 'prove' anything. My thread isn't trying to prove anything anyway...it's inquisitorial. I'm just looking for suggestions as to what it could have been on the basis of my description.

That's why I made the point that the Air Force use this area. I am extremely mindful of the stealth bomber sightings being taken as space ships and would like to know if perhaps this could have been a military thing.

I have asked 4 different questions....not simply 'was this a ufo?' I am particularly interested in an explanation for the number of stars as per my description in the op. Are there times when the sky looks completely different from the norm?

I will write off the chinese lantern suggestion and look forward to hearing other responses/posibilities.

I was genuinely freaked last night when Gradius Maximus posted his reply by the synchronicity of our postings.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Still sounds like a case of Chinese lanterns , regardless of how you wish to dress it up

Just teasing

edit on 20-12-2010 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Still sounds like a case of Chinese lanterns , regardless of how you wish to dress it up

To hell with your lame lantern theory. At least say it was military.

Not some paper balloon.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Maybe it was a military chinese lantern ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

I'll take the suggestion of a lantern on board....and wait to see if any other descriptions may have a better fit. It must have been a helluva big lantern tho'.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

*Jumping up and down screaming* It wasnt a lantern!

I cant stand that theory! Maybe it was a giant flavored condom filled with Helium. Wild Orange Flavor.

ANYTHING but a lantern! Please!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

*Jumping up and down screaming* It wasnt a lantern!

I cant stand that theory! Maybe it was a giant flavored condom filled with Helium. Wild Orange Flavor.

ANYTHING but a lantern! Please!

Heehee
. you can have a star for making me smile

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

LOL....But you do see what I'm trying to do here don't you? Look for a 'normal' possible explanation first. I'm not a ufo chaser...if you look at other threads I've posted on you'll see they tend to be more about political/sociological matters than anything.

This is something that I've questioned for years...and it’s probably only the relative anonymity of the web...and the general inquisitive /open minded nature of this site that has given me the confidence to ask anything at all.

The starry night was the first thing to catch our attention. I was almost driving with my head out the driver's window to see it better. I could have looked at it forever. These roads are very quiet....and it was after 1am. I was driving to Skye. I perhaps had 1 - 1.5 hrs driving to do until we got there from where I saw this orange orb.

We stopped that car and watched until it disappeared and continued to look at this amazing sky. We reckoned we'd better make a move...and that as Skye has no light pollution either we could continue watching the night sky when we got there. We arrived on the Island - and guess what - back to the regular night sky. That's why I was wondering if the hills etc. could have been causing some kind of accentuation of the stars. Accentuation isn't really the correct word....the sky was more white than black. I've never seen that. I go sailing and I've travelled....and I've never seen that.

The Gut's description is very interesting. I'm curious that they too have been looking for a similar description to what they saw.

I don't think it was a lantern either....as I said...it was way too big.

PS. And in no way does a lantern explain the very definite solid black cube and triangle shapes inside the thing. If gandalf could source a photo of a lantern we could always compare to my description. Its ok...i'll do it myself.

edit on 20-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Giant lanterns....now I've looked at these pics I know this was not what I saw. Look at the higher lanterns....they are light at the bottom and get darker near the top. I saw a sphere...a perfect globe shape....with no variation in the density of the light anywhere around it...you could see in the middle...these dark solid shapes....something these lanterns would never look like.

I tried to give as full a description as I could in the OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Hiya Christina-66. I've nothing important to add to your OP only to say you have a way with words. A couple of sentences really stood out and were evocative. It'd be great if more members had this ability.

Do you have a location for where this sighting happened? 'Heading to the North of Scotland' could begin anywhere, but I'm assuming you were already in Scotland. The location would help gain an idea of light pollution. Likewise, although you're certain that it wasn't a lantern; if it was close to a town should it be ruled out? Also, you describe this object heading in your direction and then describe this 'pyramid' section at the rear. Does that mean that the object approached your position and passed by? If so, how long do you imagine it took? If it was low enough to be described clearly, at what height would you estimate it? Height of tree line? If it was low in relation to the tree line could you estimate the speed? For example, a car's speed travelling away from us can be estimated if we have a context.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join