It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear says "Aliens Are Eating Us !"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
With how much toxicity goes into our food which in turn goes into our bodies i find it very hard to believe we are food for aliens. besides if we were food for them then a lot more of us would go missing than there actually are.

I do think that they like our cows though

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
One of the most flagged aliens threads in ages. 19 pages of mostly pointless character assassination and teasing? Some of the posts got loads of stars for I don't know what... Can't somebody just close this damn thread? I guess that must be against the rules or one of you mods would have done it to end your suffering. I bet it's annoying having to follow a boring thread like this when you're moderating. How can you stand this? Or do you really just give up and leave them to it lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
One of the most flagged aliens threads in ages. 19 pages of mostly pointless character assassination and teasing? Some of the posts got loads of stars for I don't know what... Can't somebody just close this damn thread? I guess that must be against the rules or one of you mods would have done it to end your suffering. I bet it's annoying having to follow a boring thread like this when you're moderating. How can you stand this? Or do you really just give up and leave them to it lol.

The reason why this is so popular is because the people taking part in this thread are known for their valuable input. If you don't like the way a thread is put together and the way people are starring and flagging, may I suggest another thread. The author of this thread is well known on ATS and his input in to such material has been noted, this is not like him at all, which is why people are a little bamboozled by the outcome?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Destroyer2012

Keep in mind,the "consumption" can not and should not be limited to the physical-conditioned mindset most are attributing to this theory of "aliens" eating human beings.

As has been previously stated(by myself and others) these entities very well could be leeching,extracting the very life source/energies while the victim is still alive,near-death or in the thrones of severe emotional stress.

Maybe on a very minute scale during sleep or through abductions (my personal opinion)
I would ask anyone who may be the least bit interested,if they have not already,do some research on ancient civilizations/cultures (sacrificial rites & beliefs),astral wildlife/realms,the d jinn/demons for starters.

I find it fascinating what our ancestors and their history seem to be telling us and the picture(s) it has been portraying.We were not alone then and we are not alone now..Now what you feel comfortable admitting,believing and theorizing is completely up to you.(not singling you out,to anyone who reads this)
I am still searching for closure and the complete truth...but I am starting to get a better idea...and all is not what it seems to be,what we think we "know" and what we've been taught is incomplete.
keep and open mind.

edit on 22-12-2010 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Considering how long I have been contributing here on ats,and threads I've involved myself in...I would say at the least I have found this thread(minus the ignorant slander towards other members) to be refreshing.

I have read through everyone's replies and I like the fact some have been able to actually think a little bit outside the box,allowing some free thought surely cannot hurt.What have you to add to the conversation that may be of value or informing besides the complaint of "undeserved" flags & stars?

Personally,I am not very familiar with Lear's stories besides this video and what has floated by my eyes here and there.
I only voiced my personal thoughts & theories.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There's probably a whole set of guidelines for which ones they can take. Maybe the toxicity of the human blood today inhibits the selection for them. The cattle mutilations and the syphoning of the blood was probably a substitute found for human blood. I wonder if this cattle mutilation really had to do with space travel. Thinking that people would notice a large amount of human blood being diverted into a black project. So use the UFO craze and use cattle blood instead. The cattle blood would be used for transfusion during long space flights to counter the effects of radiation. Like on The Chronicles Of Riddick where he sets up for transfusion before engaging space drive.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well I have seen very good threads that contain great info just die and get forgotten, while what you cal B.S. threads thrive and get pages of attention..

Indeed. No argument here.

Well because in the B.S threads the debunkers, trolls and skeptics have something they can attack or shoot down... it gives them a chance to call people all sorts of names, maybe makes them feel good

I would trade my "feeling good" for people facing the logic and stop insisting that there must be thriving life on Venus (cf. Mr.Lear).

So there you have it You MISS JOHN

I so totally don't. It is unfortunate that in his place we have plenty of other charlatans who pollute.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception
reply to post by Pimander

I have read through everyone's replies and I like the fact some have been able to actually think a little bit outside the box,allowing some free thought surely cannot hurt.What have you to add to the conversation that may be of value or informing besides the complaint of "undeserved" flags & stars?

Sorry mate, there may have been some great posts in there somewhere. But I lost interest early on as there was no evidence to get my teeth into. Some of the ones at the beginning of this thread got more stars than some fantastic contributions I have seen on ATS - just for having a few cheap shots at a former member. Then again, who am I to judge? Give stars to who you like, it's no biggie.

However, I don't think the video OP warranted that number of flags. Unless Lear has some startling new evidence in it then I must have missed the point. I lost interest early and came back later as I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

I apologise to anybody who got lots of stars for their contributions, I'm sure you deserved them really.

I'm glad some of us enjoyed this thread anyway...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Somamech
reply to post by buddhasystem

Do you see the irony there?
On a conspiracy board you have patted up Nasa TSA style

The irony (and bitter one at that) is that posters like Mr. Lear create white noise on this board, masking out useful and unique info. In reality, his assertions have no more meaning than saying that Earth is hollow and contains giant spaghetti monsters in the center. On ATS, I can read on the topic of thermite and its effect on steel (re: 9/11) and learn something useful. With Mr. Lear, not such luck.

Good luck with those termites in your quest..

John Lear also states that there is a secret program operating in Australia and I know for *fact* that there is less than 500 security/file/rank devices down here.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Pointless? Humans being eaten wether their alive or after their dead,and their soles are confiscated as a food source isn't exactly pointless. I think THAT was a point of this thread and I read all of it.. Out of curiosity and a little fear,and seeing other ATS's responces, because of the the topic and Lear.
You get a guy like John Lear in the Mix,that sells papers.
Have you ever seen or been to Groom Lake? John Lear claims to not only have been there,knows others that have too. Look at a map,see longitudes and latitudes of Groom Lake UNDER MNT. Whitney to Vandeburg AFB and Groom and you CAN'T dismiss his points about underground sea tunnels to the desert.
Can't prove them either, or have your contract with National Security Council thrown in your lap.
YOU signed it for the job,Remember? They Do!
(Long prison sentence if your lucky,no trial)
I enjoyed this thread.
Going out for Chinese,and I mean GOING OUT for Chinese made me laugh

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by Exuberant1

Why is John Lear saying that "Aliens Are Eating Us!"? What does he know that can stand up to scrutiny. Let's discuss that!

Okay let's discuss him,

What is your favourite thing about John Lear?

*Also, why aren't you using your Skeptical Ed account for this thread?

It's too bad you didn't drop in when the bickering strayed from the thread's title/topic.

I have no favourite thing about John Lear. When he was "holding court" a couple of years ago and I used to drop in to see if he really had something worthwhile looking at in his moon photos, it really was a joke. He offered nothing but speculation yet the members looked up to him as if he was some kind of god imparting special knowledge when, in reality, he was a failure. I always wondered how a man of his stature and accomplishments could sink so low. Privately, he had to have been laughing at the Aliens and UFOs members who sought after him and he kept them in their exalted moments by posting meaningless photos and telling them where to look to see nothing but natural features and using pareidolia to his advantage.

Then, of course, when one looked him up in google and read some of the outlandish things credited to him, such as the moon being pulled into orbit and one could see in Tsiolkosvky the machinery that was used to do this pulling then all one could think of was that this one-time "brilliant" man had bought the farm!

Now, a vintage video is resurrected on this forum and the same ol' or newer members are behaving as if something new was in the works. I call it downright dumbness.

As for my former ATS handle, Skeptical Ed, I had to change it because the name was triggering a lot of negativity even though my threads and replies showed that I was not a Skeptic re: UFOs but that didn't matter to the ignorami who couldn't separate the wheat from the chaff. I'm still a skeptic, but it's only natural as I'm not a believer and I don't even use the word in my comments except to describe others. I want facts and evidence. You can keep everything else.

So thanks for asking your Exuberantness1.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Why is John Lear saying that "Aliens Are Eating Us!"? What does he know that can stand up to scrutiny. Let's discuss that!

Here is an interesting view about that possibility from Stephen Hawking.
Quite remarkable is it not?

Stephen Hawking Says Aliens Could Eat Us
Submitted by John on Friday, 30 April 2010No Comment

Stephen Hawking
Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking says he believes aliens are probably real, but thinks we should not be trying to contact them. Professor Hawking thinks if aliens are out there, they are far more likely to want to eat us than make friends.

really-weird.com...

edit on 22/12/10 by spacevisitor because: Made a correction

I'm not a Stephen Hawking enthusiast. He is given press because of his physical condition but what comes out of his mouth is meaningless, much like Michio Kaku and all theoretical "pundits". Hawking doesn't s__t about UFOs or aliens so whatever he espouses means nothing in the real world. And when a person such as he says "probably" it means he is not speaking factually, just theorizing!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm not a Stephen Hawking enthusiast. He is given press because of his physical condition but what comes out of his mouth is meaningless, much like Michio Kaku and all theoretical "pundits".

How would you characterize the level of your expertise in physics?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Exuberant1

Why do you people feel you have to bore everyone with your petty "arguments"? Why don't you privatize it? The thread is about John Lear not your immature personalities/grudges.

I just saw this reply which reflects my thinking.

Pimander
Scientist

posted on 22-12-2010 @ 07:23 AM this post One of the most flagged aliens threads in ages. 19 pages of mostly pointless character assassination and teasing? Some of the posts got loads of stars for I don't know what... Can't somebody just close this damn thread? I guess that must be against the rules or one of you mods would have done it to end your suffering. I bet it's annoying having to follow a boring thread like this when you're moderating. How can you stand this? Or do you really just give up and leave them to it lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by Pimander

The reason why this is so popular is because the people taking part in this thread are known for their valuable input. If you don't like the way a thread is put together and the way people are starring and flagging, may I suggest another thread. The author of this thread is well known on ATS and his input in to such material has been noted, this is not like him at all, which is why people are a little bamboozled by the outcome?

Where do you and like thinkers get off telling a member to find another thread? Where do you get the authority to command here? This is an open, public forum where everyone has a right to their opinion including you, unfortunately. This thread deteriorated with the first deviation from the topic and, in reality, there wasn't much to discuss once it was established that John Lear is a first-class nut. He may have had his heyday here a while back but this thread was not worth resuscitating. John Lear is meaningless in today's world.

And your wrong about saying that "...the people taking part in this thread are known for their valuable input." Far from it. Quote a reply worth quoting to prove your point. So, may I suggest that you apply to become a Mod so that you can then exercise your mythical authority.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well I have seen very good threads that contain great info just die and get forgotten, while what you cal B.S. threads thrive and get pages of attention..

Indeed. No argument here.

Well because in the B.S threads the debunkers, trolls and skeptics have something they can attack or shoot down... it gives them a chance to call people all sorts of names, maybe makes them feel good

I would trade my "feeling good" for people facing the logic and stop insisting that there must be thriving life on Venus (cf. Mr.Lear).

So there you have it You MISS JOHN

I so totally don't. It is unfortunate that in his place we have plenty of other charlatans who pollute.

Last sentence: well said and right to the point.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Pointless? Humans being eaten wether their alive or after their dead,and their soles are confiscated as a food source isn't exactly pointless.

Hmm.....what if?

If that was true, then surely if you eat an animal you must ingest its soul also. So we could be containers for many souls to be consumed by the aliens when they harvest us. That sounds outlandish and if it were true it would mean the deception goes back a very long way. But isn't eating something we have to do to survive? Not necessarily, nor drinking it seems. Check this guy out!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But why would "Military scientists drawn from India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation" be interested?

This is why: www.steadyhealth.com...

Think about this for a minute...
Spread the word.

Wake up human race we're ready to evolve!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm not a Stephen Hawking enthusiast. He is given press because of his physical condition but what comes out of his mouth is meaningless, much like Michio Kaku and all theoretical "pundits".

On a scale of 1 to 10, around 2 or 3. I don't deal with theories that have nothing to do with the moment. For me, the moment is the life I've led for 72 years. A happy long life that has not been involved with futuristics, and I don't mean tomorrow or next year or the next 30 years as I hope to live to be a 100. People such Hawking, Kaku, and other futurists don't deal with the present, they deal with subjects that humans may not encounter for hundreds or thousands of years, if at all. I met Kaku a few months ago and I told him I had no idea what he talks about and we both laughed when he told me that I'm probably happier than he is as I deal with everyday life and he wished he could also do the same. I have no need to learn about sub-atomic particles, or the interactions between matter and energy. I'll bet that nothing that is discussed presently will have any effect in the real future. They'll probably laugh at the "old thinkers".

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

On a scale of 1 to 10, around 2 or 3.

OK, let me rephrase, what are the chances you can do a set of physics problems at college level, in a couple of hours, if given access to reference material?

I don't deal with theories that have nothing to do with the moment. For me, the moment is the life I've led for 72 years. A happy long life that has not been involved with futuristics, and I don't mean tomorrow or next year or the next 30 years as I hope to live to be a 100. People such Hawking, Kaku, and other futurists don't deal with the present, they deal with subjects that humans may not encounter for hundreds or thousands of years, if at all.

I see. Galileo was studying Jupiter's moons, and imho that had a lot of value for humankind. We still didn't send a manned mission to any of this, so I guess you would dismiss Galileo as one of those pesky useless people. Likewise, the fission of uranium was just a curiosity when it was discovered in early 30s of the 20th century. What boffins would spend their time studying something as microscopic and irrelevant?

I met Kaku a few months ago and I told him I had no idea what he talks about and we both laughed when he told me that I'm probably happier than he

Kaku has manners, you see. And... ignorance is bliss, they say. Indeed.

I have no need to learn about sub-atomic particles, or the interactions between matter and energy.

Then don't. And don't hang out on science fora either, just for integrity's sake.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

On a scale of 1 to 10, around 2 or 3.

OK, let me rephrase, what are the chances you can do a set of physics problems at college level, in a couple of hours, if given access to reference material?

The Shrike: "There is no chance, I'm not studying physics in college or anywhere. But your question is meaningless because I'm not talking about usable, present-day physics. I'm talking about Hawking and Kaku as examples of flim-flam. You can't use what they talk about in our present life so, imo, it's useless education. Theirs is world of all-talk, no action. They are the Vanna White of education, too much to do anyone any good."

I don't deal with theories that have nothing to do with the moment. For me, the moment is the life I've led for 72 years. A happy long life that has not been involved with futuristics, and I don't mean tomorrow or next year or the next 30 years as I hope to live to be a 100. People such Hawking, Kaku, and other futurists don't deal with the present, they deal with subjects that humans may not encounter for hundreds or thousands of years, if at all.

I see. Galileo was studying Jupiter's moons, and imho that had a lot of value for humankind. We still didn't send a manned mission to any of this, so I guess you would dismiss Galileo as one of those pesky useless people. Likewise, the fission of uranium was just a curiosity when it was discovered in early 30s of the 20th century. What boffins would spend their time studying something as microscopic and irrelevant?

The Shrike: "What Galileo did was look through a rough telescope and make drawings of what he saw. No one benefitted from what he drew or saw. I look through a telescope and I'm awed by what I see. But that doesn't develop into any benefits for anyone else. OTOH, uranium is earth-based and is topical. But look where its discovery and applications led to."

I met Kaku a few months ago and I told him I had no idea what he talks about and we both laughed when he told me that I'm probably happier than he

Kaku has manners, you see. And... ignorance is bliss, they say. Indeed.

The Shrike: "You're extrapolating using your knowledge to come to certain conclusions. You weren't there, you don't know if Kaku was humoring me or being honest. I give him the benefit of the doubt in that he knows deep in his heart that his mental development is restricted to just a few equals. It must be lonely."

I have no need to learn about sub-atomic particles, or the interactions between matter and energy.

Then don't. And don't hang out on science fora either, just for integrity's sake.

The Shrike: "Trust me, I won't. I know my limits and I live happily within them."

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join