It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed: The 'creepy, lovesick' emails WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange sent to 19-year-old girl stud

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I really find it sad how many times i see "Thedailymail" used as a source of topics, and not a single question is asked if it is true or not..

Look how generic those emails look.

It is really sad.. Deny Ignorance my $#^%

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I saw nothing wrong with the emails..Infact to me he just sounded lonley his social skills needs to be worked on..we see this kinda thing all the time with celebrities nothing new here..I happen to find him to be a bit creepy but thats just me..the whole email thing just looks like a smear campaign to make him look like a perv. its called (digging up dirt)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The first email was fine, nothing wrong with it all but I am dying to see what reply she gave him that "lacked dignity"...maybe it did, maybe it did but he certainly takes this air of being "refined" to a ridiculous extent, doesn't he... if these are real.... and what's this of some "fool girl"...what in the world is that supposed to mean and all this about social class?? Come on, I think there is way more dignity in being a real person. Dignified isn't something you can act out with proper language because the reason these are being plastered is that they suggest something is undignified in his behavior. I'm not saying it's right, but DOOD... Quit trying so hard? These don't make him sound human at all. What's with this act?... and it IS an act. This is not what most would agree as the definition of human integrity. I'd like to think it would be a bit more genuine than that. He's trying to screw this girl, not take her to the damn ball! What's with the pretentiousness? I hate it when guys expect you to get busy with them without very much courting, but then also expect you to be the perfect little princess. To hell with that crap... then they talk about "friendship" and that they meant nothing out of the way after they just tried to stick their tongue down your throat. I admit, many of today's behaviors could use a little graceful restraint but the real world is the real world. It's a world he lives in and understands well, so why apply double standards to someone else.

what the hell.... it's probably all fake anyway.

Still, no crime in that in itself... if he was trying to score and had to try to pick up his dignity and didn't do a very convincing job of it. At least he didn't hunt her down and rape her/kill her. It's kinda weird after the first time he got shot down he didn't just wash his hands of it then and there if he feels so far above this girl and felt the need to put her down while still trying to get in her pants. That's never a good strategy. If you're going to put someone down... you're not interested enough and shouldn't be adding insult to injury. Time to go away.

As for her thinking he was odd and not much to look at, he's not a bad looking guy at all. Definitely not my type but he's a pretty decent looking guy... to be a towering giant and all.

edit on 17-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ok..so he was 33 and she was 19 at the time in 2004? whats illegal about that? As far as i know, here in the states, in some states its legal to have intercourse when she is 16, most states its 18. The guys i work with, a few from guatemala ( here illegaly), one told me a while back when he was around 17, he had sex with a girl who was 14, a friend of his did the same back then and made her pregnant. In guatemala, its acceptable. some guys dont like that thie, but its whidly accepted. Same thing throughout central americas.
i am guessing, the majority of the northern hemisphere, belives in 18 or older* Austrailia obviosuly is southern hemisphere..id ont know what thier age and sex laws are. but if its 18 thier,a dn she is 19..this is a smere campaign then. look at all the classic block outs in the posted emails..just like when the FED or congress dosnt want up to know things

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i missed the point...if 19 is legal in Australia then everything should be fine then, as long as she was 18 or older* end of story

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I’m sure Assange knew what he was signing up for when he consciously decided to step into the spotlight and, in his own words, become the Wikileaks “lighting rod.” As a public figure, particularly a controversial one, I have no doubt that he knew the type of ‘reports’ and allegations he will be (and has been) subjected too.

Assuming the emails are real, I find them to be very interesting in this sense: they depict, yet again, no crime or any wrongdoing whatsoever by Assange.

This is the man authorities want to, and have, label a ‘criminal’ and a ‘terrorist,’ and yet, all they have come up with are (1) allegations invariably unrelated to the work he is doing and the information Wikileaks has released and (2) all of his actions, and alleged actions, are yet to be be proven to be founded or de facto crimes.

All those that feel threaten by the work he and Wikileaks is doing have come up only with smear campaigns, political and economic pressure and character assassinations. We even have that kind of thing going on here on ATS:

Originally posted by thecinic
Assange is a fruitcake
wait untill the conversations with young boys he has comes out...

I wonder if this is just a shameless attempt at continuing character assassination, or wishful thinking on part of someone who dislikes the man because of the work he’s doing. Quite sad either way.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I dont believe them to be real for a second. But to be honest, even if they were...would he be the first person you know of to be highly intelligent yet socially inept? I dont think so.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Let's say Julian Assange murdered someone years ago. Does it really matter?

I mean of course it matters, but does it mean his work is less significant? No.

Roman Polanski has had a 30 year old rape-charge against him so he left the country. No-one cares, people still watch his movies.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Man this made me remember all the times I made a complete rearend of myself chasing a female. I wonder how much the young lady was paid for her story. And who is the real creep in this story?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Valdestine

Could you please site the source where you read Gawker saying "Stupid Script Kiddies cant hack our site"..

Please and Thank you , In advance

it was on tech crunch

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

This is not news, it's another diversion.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
yea.. like Julian Assange is going to post his REAL name on some date site.. PLEASE~!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I cant understand why we are all so sure of ourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
z it just me or this entire wikileaks episode and the aftermath seems like a rip off of the movie The Insider (with Russell Crowe and Al Pacino) .

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yea, not seeing the problem with the e-mails.He stopped calling when she asked. That doesn't sound very stalker like to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Oh my goodness, am I supposed to be shocked? This 60 year old woman got into some racy stuff at one time (when the libido was somewhat higher). In fact, there are a lot of us who wouldn't bear scrutiny for some episode in the past and really this is all rather TAME. Shame on the Daily Mail for digging into someone's personal life in this way. Shame on the OP for repeating it. And to those who (unbelievably) think any of this is 'creepy' - you really ought to get out more.....
edit on 18-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Latest Wikileaks revelation - Julian Assange is a heterosexual male!

What completely utterly, vile hypocrisy on the part of this newspaper. It took me less that one minute to visit their home page and find this article:

Philip Green's daughter Chloe makes waves in the Caribbean in a skimpy bikini
And Chloe Green, 19, looked like she was thoroughly enjoying working on her tan as she soaked up the sun on a Barbados beach today. The aspiring designer was spotted enjoying a cooling dip in the Caribbean sea as she showed off her trim and toned figure in a skimpy bikini.

The article is entirely pointless, except to show six pictures of a 19 year old girl in a bikini.

Daily Mail, creepy lovesick hypocritical pervs. If anyone lets this trashy article deflect and distract from the truth, they are gullible and easily persuaded.
edit on 12/18/2010 by Nicorette because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Most of my thoughts while reading the article were stated by other members so i won't go all over them again.

What really made me laugh was that:

The following day he called her parents' home even though she had not given him the number. Elizabeth was shocked and angry when Assange would not tell her how he had obtained it.

Can you believe that Julian found her number EVEN though she had not gave it?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
WoW!!! I wish i got text's like that!!!

Maybe i have missed something, but what is wrong here? It is the type of text one would expect from an intellectual!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There really isn't any evidence of the girl's story, other than her word. The emails themselves aren't proof unless we can verify that they actually came from Assange. They seem a little over-the-top to me. You know how an impressionist or impersonator will go too far or try too hard to be like someone? I got that kind of feel from the emails. I am also looking at it from an unbiased position, because while I don't think Assange is guilty of the charges of rape, I also don't really care if he is or not. I'm not going to be upset or disappointed if he is proven guilty, although if he is falsely convicted that would be terrible. I will say that the timing for the girl's story is spot on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join