It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed: The 'creepy, lovesick' emails WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange sent to 19-year-old girl stud

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
BTW my hubby is 21 years younger then me.
He was 21 when I met him.

You guys rock. Seriously. Me and my wife are more aligned in the temporal sense of the word, but I do applaud you.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Here's a good thing to remember people: DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

But please don't let the fence go...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I've done it and I'm from New York. Hope that clarifies things a bit (even though I didn't date or e-mail 19 year olds, it was not as drastic).

So you are a non virgin from NY, got it. Me too, maybe the reason you didn't date or email 19 year old is because none were even remotely interested? Or because you are hung up on what other people might think or say about it?

Duh. "Money talks. Wealth whispers" (billboard in Geneva airport).

Yes, money is one thing that might attract a younger mate.... and your point being?

Bull. The media does voice whatever it has to say when the "bride" is a teenage girl and the "groom" is hitting his 40's -- Assange is simply not an exception. John Romero of Doom's fame did the same.

So you care and listen to what the TV tells you, we differ on this point. I could care less what the media has to say about two consenting people, I listen to people around me, and no one around me has any problems with age difference. Back in NY, or in Canada where I am now. Regular smart people seem to not give a crap, maybe the talking heads and the TV zombies feel different about it, I don't know and don't care.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
So you are a non virgin from NY, got it. Me too, maybe the reason you didn't date or email 19 year old is because none were even remotely interested?

Speak for yourself, will you? It didn't occur to you that I didn't have interest? I guess it didn't.

Yes, money is one thing that might attract a younger mate.... and your point being?

Being that YOUR point is moot.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You totally lost me.... So you are saying that because you personally did not want contact with a younger(or older, depending on the situation) that your feelings happen to be western consensus? And stating that money is a factor that makes an older person appear of higher value makes my point moot? No it doesn't... Money is one of the factors that attract people. Money = financial security. It is not the only factor, but a whole lot of young men/woman that are good looking do choose an old fart with money, so they can inherit said money and retire before they hit 30. Within the media there are double standards everywhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I think its funny to actually see that Julian Assange dont take better care, when he is dealing with politicians and politics the way he is doing.

The rumors do say that he is very careful about the people he sees and where he sees them. For he's own safety.

He for one should know that he's phone and other assets are being closely monitored for any opportunity that would make he's life a living hell.

Assange is being used as a reason for the authority to restrict the public's access to freely use the internet.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Think so myself. Look at this:

Laptops are as dangerous as automobiles sez Senator in Wikileaks snaf

Laptops dangerous and internet access should be liscensed like automobile insurance?

I really think we need to 1) develop secure free internet connections amongst ourselves, and 2) develop devices that actually perpetually hack the satellites/cable, et, to provide world wide free internet amongst ourselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

edit on 31-12-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I won't judge a mans actions when he thinks he is in Love. I'm guilty of lots of horrid email. LOL
He also had a very rough child-hood, it makes it more difficult to deal with relationships at an older age.

Anyways...

This won't change my opinion of this whole situation. It was leaked/launched to control the Internet.

Apart from the last sentence I agree, Assange's personal life is now possibly under attack (if the email is genuine).
Men do things differently when a women get's inside their 'zone' so this doesn't change my stance on supporting wikileaks at all.
If anything it's a lovers 'tiff' that happened long before wikileaks started anyway.
I'm just waiting for the feminazi's to start banging the drum about him being 33 and her being 19 when it happened.
Wow, big deal. What else is new?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Where are the (then) 19 year old girl's emails......

put his and hers together and whats the bet the story changes!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
All of this is totally irrelevant at the least. Can't some shadowy governmental arm just take this guy out and terrorize his accomplices? The word needs to go out that exposing confidential government documents will be met with a draconian response that none would contemplate bringing on themselves. One of the most persistent unaddressed problems of American government is that we don't have a proper federal police force to deal with situations such as this. The FBI is hamstrung and useless in matters of national security. The gloves must be taken off.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

Well he has a lot of support and I recommend people signing round table agreements should he ever be prosecuted for these charges or extradicted to be with him, surrounding the facility. We the people need to overturn and overun the legal systems and abuses here, and basically disempower judges and judicial system because its flawed and corrupt. Counsels of citizens watchdogs for everything. Saying hell no! For ever bad decision and with millions of signatures letting them know if someone isn't released, the people will see to it he has his walking papers.

We need to get organized in every area/region/town, with counsels. For real! And the clock is close to midnight, it should have been done ages ago, its really part and parcel of any form of democracy and paramount of free systems, especially ones that invert pyramids.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This IS stalker behavior!

I am surprised that people here are not seeing this.

I do not care about Assange or WL or any of it - in my opinion it is all a farce.

So forget him, and all of it, and whether or not these emails are 'real' - actually, because they exhibit *classic* stalker behavior, lifted right from a psych text, that makes one question their validity.....

In any case, forgetting the people, and their ages involved, consider the emails and actions alone. This IS - without ANY doubt - stalker behavior. It is not stupidity or bad judgement.

The woman said NO - and yet he kept it up. To the point of locating personal info about her, parents address, looked up car license plates - COME ON PEOPLE - this is STALKER behavior!

And then he kept calling and emailing after she told him to quit.

It's not cute, it's not funny, it's not something to write off to poor judgement - and the hell with Assange - this stuff goes on all day, every day, to REGULAR people and it is NOT something to 'brush off'.

Look at it this way - what if a Bill Collector was using the same exact tactics on YOU? You'd be foaming at the mouth and calling the state's attorneys office - you know DAMN WELL you would be.

Or - another old chestnut that's a perennial favorite - what if this was happening to YOUR daughter?

To reiterate - I am not interested in Assange and his saga. Speaking to the "alleged" behavior alone here, no matter where it came from.

And this IS stalking behavior and I am appalled that people here would even think of "writing it off" or giving it any type of pass.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
This IS stalker behavior!

I am surprised that people here are not seeing this.

I do not care about Assange or WL or any of it - in my opinion it is all a farce.

So forget him, and all of it, and whether or not these emails are 'real' - actually, because they exhibit *classic* stalker behavior, lifted right from a psych text, that makes one question their validity.....

In any case, forgetting the people, and their ages involved, consider the emails and actions alone. This IS - without ANY doubt - stalker behavior. It is not stupidity or bad judgement.

The woman said NO - and yet he kept it up. To the point of locating personal info about her, parents address, looked up car license plates - COME ON PEOPLE - this is STALKER behavior!

And then he kept calling and emailing after she told him to quit.

It's not cute, it's not funny, it's not something to write off to poor judgement - and the hell with Assange - this stuff goes on all day, every day, to REGULAR people and it is NOT something to 'brush off'.

Look at it this way - what if a Bill Collector was using the same exact tactics on YOU? You'd be foaming at the mouth and calling the state's attorneys office - you know DAMN WELL you would be.

Or - another old chestnut that's a perennial favorite - what if this was happening to YOUR daughter?

To reiterate - I am not interested in Assange and his saga. Speaking to the "alleged" behavior alone here, no matter where it came from.

And this IS stalking behavior and I am appalled that people here would even think of "writing it off" or giving it any type of pass.

investigating someone could be stalker behavior or it could be something that rises out of strange circumstances mixed with personal interest and romance because romance can get nuts sometimes and it could be almost innocent. The question is where did he draw the line? Did he draw the line prior to the point of breaking the law? If he did, then we shouldn't even be talking about this. If anyone thinks it is a case of breaking the law, where are the specifics of the crime? How would the report go?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You're not catching my drift Chaos.

Forget him.

Look at the emails and chronology of events. He asked her out, she said NO and it should've ended right there.

Look at the behavior. There is no way this can be misconstrued nor seen as 'innocent'. She said NO, he kept harassing her. And then looked up personal info about her - and kept pestering her.

This IS classic stalker behavior.

*This BEHAVIOR itself* is very over the line and weird and creepy. I could care less if it was Assange who did it or if it's yet another fake publicity stunt, which it probably is anyway, MY POINT BEING - this kind of behavior CERTAINLY SHOULD raise eyebrows.

I've been stalked by people and I know how they operate. Its a word to the wise too - in case they encounter someone like me - because whether I'm right or wrong I'm now at the point where I'll whip out a piece and fill you full of lead. So.

We ALL might want to watch our behavior. And if a person tells you to get lost - GET LOST!

edit on 31-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: clarity.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wasn't it the Daily Mail that allegedly hacked voicemail recently? Point is, they will stop at nothing.

I wouldn't believe a word they printed in that paper! It's only good for covering the floor under the cat litter tray.

edit on 31-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
You're not catching my drift Chaos.

Forget him.

Look at the emails and chronology of events. He asked her out, she said NO and it should've ended right there.

Look at the behavior. There is no way this can be misconstrued nor seen as 'innocent'. She said NO, he kept harassing her. And then looked up personal info about her - and kept pestering her.

This IS classic stalker behavior.

*This BEHAVIOR itself* is very over the line and weird and creepy. I could care less if it was Assange who did it or if it's yet another fake publicity stunt, which it probably is anyway, MY POINT BEING - this kind of behavior CERTAINLY SHOULD raise eyebrows.

I've been stalked by people and I know how they operate. Its a word to the wise too - in case they encounter someone like me - because whether I'm right or wrong I'm now at the point where I'll whip out a piece and fill you full of lead. So.

We ALL might want to watch our behavior. And if a person tells you to get lost - GET LOST!

edit on 31-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: clarity.

It's also the behavior of a horny male. I've been pestered by plenty of guys. At what point are you able to call the police in the course of a harassment? There are lines to follow. If someone simply won't leave your house, the answer is "immediately call the police"... but someone calling you one too many times? Not quite the same.

To show good judgment in this case is not which one of our opinions is most agreeable. It's in finding the answer and seeking the evidence.... and that is why I'm asking, because I really do need to know this first in order to even draw an opinion as to whether or not this man should be paraded in the public eye as a stalker as though he is a criminal... and what I really need to know is at what point did he break the law? At what point did this harassment claim become material for the authorities to oversee in order for them to have some bearing on the case? how far did she have to go or did she just decide to come out with this after she heard about what was going on with him? Is it just these possibly fake emails that we have to show how much of a stalker he is? is that all we are going on? I thought I read this crap already... don't tell me there is more. It's real simple... at what point do any of these emails become actual evidence of an actual wrongdoing by law and how so?

...of all the guys I can think of that gave me some # after hearing no... or on a break up...holy cow!... just think of all the guys I could have just dialed the police on because I was sick of looking at their faces and didn't like what they were saying to me on the phone a couple of times.

I've known some stalkers... if this is stalking then i've woken up in the twilight zone.
I have looked for people in my life... I have tried digging up # about them simply because I wondered where they were... and yes, a few times I had sex type things in mind if I ever found them. It's something people do. I can't go on these things alone without more incriminating context. Who can? Now if he called her a bunch of really bad names and sounded like he wanted to hurt her on the phone and THEN looked up the LP... that's restraining order crap right there, but where is all this... where are the calls to the police? I don't know. I have yet to see any of this unless my memory is just THAT bad. These things I need to look at because without them it just makes him sound like a dude with a hard on.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It wouldnt matter is Julien was a murderer or rapist, the truth he brings has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the government and stuff. Who cares bout julien, hes just the bridge

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
It wouldnt matter is Julien was a murderer or rapist, the truth he brings has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the government and stuff. Who cares bout julien, hes just the bridge

Technically, it doesn't matter... characteristically, it matters to me. what it matters to the case is whether or not they can use it to disable him and those like him... that is assuming he is not just some kind of puppet.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh please, you sound like, NVM, I don't want my topic to removed for an insult. Most women say no, because that is the first play they are taught. I would have 30 less sex experiences, had I assumed no means no, as we are supposed to believe. Woman are taught by society to play hard to get, and to say no at first, even if they mean yes, so they don't appear to be sluts. Sluts are bad, and studs are good, even though they are one in the same. If the whole game of playing hard to get didn't exist, I would agree with you. It does exist, and continues to make a huge grey area of the whole no means no meme.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Oh please, you sound like, NVM, I don't want my topic to removed for an insult. Most women say no, because that is the first play they are taught. I would have 30 less sex experiences, had I assumed no means no, as we are supposed to believe. Woman are taught by society to play hard to get, and to say no at first, even if they mean yes, so they don't appear to be sluts. Sluts are bad, and studs are good, even though they are one in the same. If the whole game of playing hard to get didn't exist, I would agree with you. It does exist, and continues to make a huge grey area of the whole no means no meme.

who are you replying to?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join