It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed: The 'creepy, lovesick' emails WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange sent to 19-year-old girl stud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Exposed: The 'creepy, lovesick' emails WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange sent to 19-year-old girl student Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.c o.uk

Gawker claims Assange, then 33, wooed Elizabeth - not her real name - after he met the 19-year-old at bar near the Australian city of Melbourne in April 2004.

She was studying physics and mathematics at the university and approached the older man with long white hair because he seemed 'different' to the other men she had met.

She told Gawker: 'He just seemed kind of quiet and nerdy. I didn't think he was sexy or anything. Just strangely alluring for a 19-year-old girl.'

Assange walked her back to the nearby town where she lived with her parents and unexpectantly kissed her.

Sh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Seems they are digging deep to discredit Assange.
I am not passing this off as fact .. I am not agreeing or disagreeing.. Just providing the info.

If these are in fact legit, and in context... Assange is a little on the creepy side.

He actually called her parents house... She supposedly did not give him the #.. Stalkerish?

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Below are the emails - letters.

This was the first note that he sent to the 19 year old after they had met in the bar.

He reacts with dismay when Elizabeth becomes angry because he will not reveal how he obtained her home phone number

A bizarre note from Assange follows his criticism of Elizabeth for getting angry with him.

Assange thinks Elizabeth is being flirtatious with him after pretending to be someone else when he called her parents' home

Elizabeth finally told him to stop phoning her house. Assange then tried to give her yet another way to contact him - through his (now defunct) personal website.

Finally, Assange gave up. But not before making up for his humiliation with a stream of overwrought put-downs in an email.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 12/17/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
Below are the emails - letters.

Umm so what is wrong with this email ? I mean this is a very polite email asking a woman to a date by a well mannered person . I mean that sounds like a fifties or sixties culture way of trying to get a date . Also she was above 19 so she is of age .. I mean
what is the problem ?

Or will the man now get prosecuted for any attempt of flirting with anybody ? By this logic we should imprison most of the globe , because they are trying to hook up with a date ..

Dont get me wrong I am on the fence when it comes to all that wikileaks situation , but that has nothing to do with it .
edit on 17/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wow they are really out to slur him aren't they. It's getting a little pathetic now, what's next an embarrassing story about him wetting himself in preschool.

If Anon wants to DDOS the Daily Mail they would have my full support, hateful little bile filled rag that it is

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Oh no a grown man finds an of age woman attractive. How could he!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Read the rest... He lacks social skills apparently.. Nice enough guy.. Well spoken.. But lacks the ability to read a persons intentions..

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Our former president put a cigar in a woman's vagina while in the oval office.

Let a man not be judged by the manner of game he throws, but by the fineness of the nubile teens at which he throws it.

edit on 17-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

link   
Email looks fake. The font, the period after the word miss, doesnt look right, but whatever, this is really desperate, and sad that this is when the media shows it can do its journalistic job!

link   
I won't judge a mans actions when he thinks he is in Love. I'm guilty of lots of horrid email. LOL
He also had a very rough child-hood, it makes it more difficult to deal with relationships at an older age.

Anyways...

This won't change my opinion of this whole situation. It was leaked/launched to control the Internet.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i still dont understand whats interessting on other peoples sexlife ?

and whats the point ? we all have written horny mails some day didnt we?

i dont care how Asange like it and with who ...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I know right!!!!! If my emails to past loves were posted all over the net.. I might crawl under a rock and never return.. I think back to some things I have written and I am embarrassed that I ever would hit send on some of them.

I 100% agree with you.. From the leaks - to ANNON.. It is going to be used as ammo to regulate the internet.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Julian Assange predicted this last night when interviewed on the BBC.

Julian Assange vows to continue leaking secret material

Very interesting interview.

link   
Creepy....or maybe just a little nerdy I would say.
19 years old ...who cares!

link   
We all know how innocent and harmless 19yo girls are these days... but sure it's creepy
sadly it's also quite common to anyone who's actually alive these days, u see it everywhere.
it's only news because it's the former hacker turned saviour turned casanova.

this movie is gettin too predictable, same old plots they used to use on celebrities.

Assange now knows what was like being a black celebrity in the 90s

+8 more 
link   
As much as I don't trust the guy...this is just stupid.

The guy can't write love letters to chicks now?

THIS is NEWS?

The media circus really has a strangle hold on too many minds...

MM

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah, but hasn't everyone done that? At least he stopped with a cigar... George Bush used something really REALLY big to repeatedly penetrate the American public!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I like how they emphasise the fact she is a student to make her seem young, it truly is pathetic.

What's next, a story about Assange not tipping a waiter, or maybe one about him throwing cans in the rubbish instead of recycling.

He said a smear campaign would begin, and I guess he was right.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I truly believe that the MSM is trying to make him look like a sexual predator. Possibly making the conviction in Sweden easier... Or at least possible.

I dont understand how the US Govt. can even think they can go after Assange. Wikileaks is simply posting information that they were given... Isn't this the same thing the MSM did when they received the documents?

So .. If Assange did something criminal, so did every single media outlet that regurgitated it to the public..

I am still waiting for the big "I gotcha" moment in all of this...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am so completely SICK of this crap.

Even if these e-mails are valid, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with them. My word people. Every single person has embarrassing love correspondence or a humiliating sexual tryst.

19 year old "student'. Right. Implying the presumption of innocence, and that she is pure and too young. When in fact most college students today are so promiscuous and filthy, it would make your head spin.

Since when was it normal to disclose private romantic/sexual/dating correspondence to the public on a near weekly basis. Politicians, athletes, celebrities, even absolute nobodies. What a pathetic state the media is in.
edit on 17-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join