It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, the Biggest Mystery of All.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
reply to post by jamiejames

They can ask female me for auto advice. I'm a mechanical engineer

Hey! I can gas and arc weld! I took metals in highschool! Now I make metal art!

I love you then. Are you like that chick on the movie "Castaway"?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarryJoy
reply to post by dragonsmusic

The reason they don't want a man to answer is because they are presumably smarter than we are and are irritated at our attempts to solve their non problem.
edit on 18-12-2010 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

Huge pet peeve of many women is when a guy trys to solve their problems. Telling you our problems does not imply that we want you to solve them. we will specifically ask when we do. Telling you our problems is the equivalent of you going out and shooting hoops, working on your car, or what ever it is you do when you are having a problem and need to sort it out. We sort out our problems by verbally expressing them, while at the same time receiving the reassurance that we need that our partner care enough to listen to us.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Nothing mysterious about them. They nag, complain, never mean what they say always blame others.
But they also work very hard to raise their children which is no picnic, they are great to look at (the attractive ones, not the ugly ones) they are mostly loyal, they do the behind the scenes work that makes a family, they are often un thanked.

But most of all, they are a pleasure to be with.

And being between two women....that is even better.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I just took a linguistics class about this stufff...
It's that males and females are socialized differently. Males tend to state facts and to make declarations. From a linguistic standpoint we males are all reduced to domesticated primates that like to make declarations...ha.
Women will ask more questions of men and they will share problems with each other without looking for a solution; they are really just wanting to express when they do this.
Guys talk about their problems with each other because they are looking for their buddy's advice about said problem. It's how we are socialized and even hardwired. This is why women get so upset with men when they share their problems and the guys then start offering solutions...the women don't want possible solutions...just for the guy to listen. So the women walk away from said conversations thinking the guy's not listening because all he did was offer solutions and the guys are left in awe wondering what the hell they did wrong.

Guys, just nod your head and listen next time

Well, I think this is not really true is most cases. I started out with noding and am now in the answers stage because nodding just elicits the "Well ?? What do you have to say ? " part of the conversation that is like running into a spiked wall.

Women expect some kind of response that makes them "Feel" better about what their problem is, rather than a concrete solution that would they could actually use. This is one of the areas that is the hardest for men because we can't formulate words to correlate with predictable emotional responses, its just not in our programming (for the most of us! They gays don't count! ) . Thus, the women tend to feel we are impersonal, obtuse or don't care.

*Found this out after YEARS and YEARS of unsuccessfully going tete-a-tete, until I finally said: "What exactly do you want me to say ? "
edit on 18-12-2010 by IAF101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Women can always find a reason to leave.

Yes men and women are socialized differently but neither experience is harder than another just for its own sake.
As they say (edited)" Every person thinks their burden is the greatest".

Women always talk about men not being as emotional. But those of us who are, are treated as outcasts,especially by women in the 'relationship' department. An honest highly emotional and physical man is to complicated a beast. A man isn't allowed to be the weak one, he can't cry on his wife's shoulder without being a sissy. Women can't tolerate behavior from a man that would be normal from them! Its hypocritical to the extreme. Men are force to hide their feelings if anything.

The big problems with women is they are demanding and manipulating and this is coming from a Man with more close female friends than male friends. I've seen marriages and relationships come and go and experienced it myself.. A woman wants what she wants when she wants it. She needs you to posses and be possessed by her the focal point of all situations, she wants her feelings to always take precedence.

There is never room for fair and equal footing. A man is always responsible for the problems, but when things go well its the woman's victory. A woman can live her whole life never having to work unless she wants to. There is always some dumb schmuck to foot the bill. A woman can get welfare cash assistance and child support and live twice as good as you with no job!

Now also self worth is out the window. Because society has taught women that as long as they provide sex that is all they are obligated to do for a man. You. Now the man must earn the money, cook the food, clean the house take out the trash wash the clothes and do everything else all the while keeping them happy so they will provide sex. The trade off is pathetic. Yet most men willingly agree to this paradigm.

Give me equitable companionship, intellectually stimulating conversation, and sex in that order. Problem is most women aren't good at the first two so the third is all that's left. Sadly the women who are good at the first two aren't pretty enough to have amazing sex with. The ones you have amazing sex with are sorely lacking in other areas. And even if you conquer that paradox you have to get over the demanding controlling manipulated thing.

Have things you want to accomplish? Ask her first. She decides what you do where you can go where you spend your money and who you can and can't be friends with if you let them. Don't like that? Well prepare for pain and BS. Eventually a man is fully domesticated and under control. Then by that time they loathe their subjugated creation.

Don't do anything to make her angry. And do do what she does, it will make her angry.
edit on 18-12-2010 by ISHAMAGI because: additions

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Nice try calstorm, Just an attempt to divert us from the fact that we are hosts rather than partners. It's ok everything is going to be fine....really it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I just took a linguistics class about this stufff...
It's that males and females are socialized differently. Males tend to state facts and to make declarations. From a linguistic standpoint we males are all reduced to domesticated primates that like to make declarations...ha.
Women will ask more questions of men and they will share problems with each other without looking for a solution; they are really just wanting to express when they do this.
Guys talk about their problems with each other because they are looking for their buddy's advice about said problem. It's how we are socialized and even hardwired. This is why women get so upset with men when they share their problems and the guys then start offering solutions...the women don't want possible solutions...just for the guy to listen. So the women walk away from said conversations thinking the guy's not listening because all he did was offer solutions and the guys are left in awe wondering what the hell they did wrong.

Guys, just nod your head and listen next time

Well, I think this is not really true is most cases. I started out with noding and am now in the answers stage because nodding just elicits the "Well ?? What do you have to say ? " part of the conversation that is like running into a spiked wall.

Women expect some kind of response that makes them "Feel" better about what their problem is, rather than a concrete solution that would they could actually use. This is one of the areas that is the hardest for men because we can't formulate words to correlate with predictable emotional responses, its just not in our programming (for the most of us! They gays don't count! ) . Thus, the women tend to feel we are impersonal, obtuse or don't care.

*Found this out after YEARS and YEARS of unsuccessfully going tete-a-tete, until I finally said: "What exactly do you want me to say ? "
edit on 18-12-2010 by IAF101 because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying to nod your head all the time. If you turn into a bobble-head your woman will lose respect for you. I was talking about specifically when women are telling you their problems, that's when all you need to do is listen, unless, like Calstrom pointed out to another poster, you are specifically asked for a solution.

It sounds like you were nodding your head at the wrong moments. You see I'm not suggesting you become emotionally disengaged or act like a bobble-head. Just that there is a time when all you need to do is nod and listen and control your automatic male response that says "she wants my advice."

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think this thread proves men and women are two different species.

I have to agree wholeheartedly.

Hanging out with a group of chicks is completely different then hanging out with the guys.

Amazingly different.

But, I celebrate diversity, so I find it cool, yet damn, I don't think I will ever understand what goes on in a woman's mind. It is just so vastly different from a male's way of thinking.

I think the craziest part is how they can get caught up in the smallest detail and make a huge deal about it. That always pertubed me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

You're not meant to understand it....it's all diversionary tactics. Don't worry my brother.... our eye's will be open soon. They're doing a fine job and we'll be very happy they did. Let patience have it's perfect work. Don't worry if you don't understand. They do.

edit on 18-12-2010 by HarryJoy because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Hey! I can gas and arc weld! I took metals in highschool! Now I make metal art!

I hope to, and try to work at, doing all these various things too. I am interested in artistic applications as well.

Cool

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

when i first read the title of this thread i was like 'damn someone has GOT to get off the internet'

my thoughts:

i think women and men are virtually the same. we've all met those women who are always right, etc, but i think that's more a product of how they're raised. i think the whole 'i'm queen bi*ch. all worship my fabulousness and never tell me no' phenomanon is a result of: 1. third wave feminism, and ironically 2. old fashioned 'traditional' babying of females...working together in conjunction.

nothing wrong with feminism or traditional stuff. but i think, treating your daughter like a special princess who nothing can ever touch or hurt and then exposing her to this idea that she's oppressed etc, is a dangerous combination for some people.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Boy you girls are diggin deep for this stuff. I know it's a little scary but you'll get used to it. Don't make it too obvious all at once.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryJoy

i dont' know man. you've never dated anyone who can't stand to hear the word no? everyone i've ever been with like that, the minute i meet their parents i understand why.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Never buy them anything. Ignore them. Never date them unless you are already sleeping with them. Treat them like cats that annoy you... And you will always have the best and brightest of them falling over each other to have you.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Never buy them anything. Ignore them. Never date them unless you are already sleeping with them. Treat them like cats that annoy you... And you will always have the best and brightest of them falling over each other to have you.

I refuse to date any woman that would sleep with a man like me

all joking aside its the differences that make things interesting

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The crux of it is when they lie, and you are supposed to know that they are lying. If you know that they are lying, then they trust you, if you think they are not lying, then they do not trust you. When, for men, when you are telling the truth you are trusted for your ability to speak the truth, for women, you are trusted for the ability to distinguish lies.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Interesting thought...I like it and it explains some things that I have gone through.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yeah well, I wanna know why the only time a guy can multi-task is when he's got the TV remote control in his hand.

Beyond that I've noticed one thing about women I can't stand.
The way women ‘set up’ their men, and themselves!

Here’s how it goes...

It's her birthday.
She doesn't tell her man.
She thinks - If he really loves me he'll remember.
So she goes all day just waiting to pounce.
He forgets, she pounces and they’re both miserable.

That's just plain BS in my book.

How I'd do it?

'Hey hon, don't forget tonight we're gonna celebrate my birthday (our anniversary, etc).'

Then if he forgets...

It's justifiable homicide.

peace

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Yeah well, I wanna know why the only time a guy can multi-task is when he's got the TV remote control in his hand.

Beyond that I've noticed one thing about women I can't stand.
The way women ‘set up’ their men, and themselves!

Captains of sinking ships dwellers of burning houses, making fools of men only to become their mother.
edit on 20-12-2010 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Very interesting take, if you are not completely correct, you at least make an arguably correct point (I'm not female so I won't argue).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join