It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, the Biggest Mystery of All.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well if your going to go around comparing men to David Tennant then your always going to be disappointed, I'm completely straight and even I fancy him

I have to say that I think the way women (and what they want) is portrayed in the media now is a truly shocking thing.
I can't remember the last time I saw a film or a TV series where the female characters weren't one dimensional stereotypes whos whole objective in life is to find a man to marry her. The fact that these films are so successful is even more worrying
edit on 17-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

I know. And that's exactly why I just laugh at men who whine about how crazy women are. If they really wanted to understand women, they'd have the attention span to listen to us explain.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Hahahaha amen!
There everywhere.. GYnocology, MENopause, MENsturation.
There the cause to all our problems

edit on 17-12-2010 by littlecloud because: MEN

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Biggest difference between men and women is this: WOMEN DONT LISTEN! Whether it's my 5 daughters...or the numerous female dogs i've had, the one thing i've noticed, is that they just DONT LISTEN. Try this, give a women specific DIRECTIONS...tell her EXACTLY what to do, and i'll GUARANTEE she does it HER WAY.

Woman have a tendency of doing things THEIR WAY...and don't need a "man" to tell them what to do, or how to do it. They "got it", all by themselves. Adam and Eve are a perfect example. Well, Eve is the better example. Eve was the disobedient one and Adam paid the price because his girl didn't listen. Even the Bible says the woman is the 'weaker vessel'. And, THEY ARE!

Also ladies, i know you think 9 months of discomfort means something, but what about the lifetime of LABOR that men put in. Where is that ever mentioned? All we ever hear from you women is YOUR LABOR...while ours lasts an entire lifetime...and goes almost un-noticed. Hasnt anyone ever wondered why giving birth and working are both called "labor"? Maybe women think their 9 months of pain feels like a lifetime, but it's only 9 months. Give it up already!

Women also have a hard time focusing, they're not good leaders, they do things on impulse, they rarely think about consequences; they aren't NATURALLY, mechanically inclined; they're not good thinkers/problem solvers; they dont have VISION; they're easy to get and hard to maintain. Oh, and let me not forget, they're such CRY BABIES!

Now, ladies, you have the 1 up on us because we cant give birth...but that's what you were DESIGNED to do....MAKE BABIES with OUR assistance. So, do me a favor, stop saying you don't 'need a man'...cuz you most certainly do! MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!! Unless, your name is Mary.

Hey ladies, you could always take your car to a FEMALE mechanic, when it breaks down. Or maybe, the tow truck guy, will be a girl!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here is my take.
When a couple have a fight over a minor thing, and the woman just out of the blue literally explodes with anger, it's because (and this what men don't realize) she was already fighting with you in her head for a week by now. The actual verbal fight is just the highlight of a whole imaginary week you had no clue is even happening.

Personally, I have an issue with women speaking on the phone and trying to parallel park at the same time. My hair turns grayer with every time I witness that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No Mystery.....

I am often reminded of the line from the movie "As good as it gets" by Jack Nicolson who plays the part of a very cynical writer.

When asked "How do you write women so well"?

He responds "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability".

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Solar,

Talk about a loaded title to a thread.

And my response is: Yes they are a mystery, and a beautiful one.

Why try to figure them out? We have a hard enough time trying to figure ourselves out let alone women.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
"Ohhh, it's all so complicated, with the flowers, and the romance, and the lies upon lies."

- Dr. Zoidberg

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

So please offer up your suggestions on how we can understand the female a little bit better. Let's dive deep into the head of a woman, and walk in her shoes.

Friend, I come from the perspective of being married for one half of my life or more. Many girlfriends and women friends too. I do not have a clue. No man does. Here that? Not one of us men tell what a woman is thinkings, not to mention how their minds work. To me this proves, beyond any doubt that a Female, a Goddess, created women.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow, I really appreciate all these extremely well thought out posts from both sides.

Thank you.

I feel like I understand things a little bit better now, and thank you for all the laughs.

It was a great way to start my morning.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

NICE...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You don't understand women because women process their environment differently than men do.
So the process is totally alien in nature to a mans way of thinking.

Women associate emotions/their feelings with every experience.

They experience, feel their emotions then based upon past experiences with those emotions react to their circumstance.

Men don't do this.

So it's alien for us to relate.

However once you understand the process of how the emotional process dictates their actions. Then you can act accordingly.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I should be the last person posting on this topic….

I gave up understanding men… their actions are so confusing at times that analyzing brings the worse headaches, and I am sure the men feel the same about us…
I realized that we are two different specials and my black is his white…. Therefore (for me, just my personal experience and opinion) there is no reason to even try… just let it be the way it is…

It depends on individual person on how they would like to live their lives, if they want to compromise, work on their relationships, put on constant work and effort into it than that is great!!!!! But some people don’t have patience or desire… and rather have short “fun and done” encounters…

But please keep in mind that all women are not the same… We are different, or opinions are different and so as our likes and dislikes…

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Having been married 5 times I consider myself somewhat of an expert on women........or at least how to piss them off and my advice to the younger guiys here is.......dont. That sweet lil girl will turn into a soul sucking demon from hell and you will wind up with your stuff on fire in the yard and a stupid look on your face

second you will never figure them out

they want you to be friendly with there family, but date there sister and they get mad
they want you to waste the money you spend on your harley and whiskey on food and rent and stuff
they like jewerly but rob a jewerly store and they get mad
they hasve babies and then want you to feed them
they dont think you dirtying up the house and them cleaning it is spliting the housework

the list goes on forever

btw this was a joke before i get hate mail

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiejames

Hahaha…. Actually this is the most passionate and entertaining reply of all…. See… you wrong, the only thing I can agree with you on is that WE DON’T NEED MEN… just only for sperm donation, which is very easy now days… I won’t even bother to waste my time explaining how wrong you are… But, we are all entitled to our opinions

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

live by these words.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Hahahaha amen!
There everywhere.. GYnocology, MENopause, MENsturation.
There the cause to all our problems

You have that right gnosticqusar with one little exception, that woud be Hahahaha aMEN!

Let's not forget woMEN

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
One thing I've discovered; if you tell a woman something, from that point forward, you must assume that ALL women now know that information. The speed at which information travels amongst them is alarming. Leads me to believe they have some sort of collective consciousness.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If you hang around long enough its gets much better after menopause!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Good thread and quite an enjoyable read. I almost hate to spoil it with a bit of science but don't worry, I'll put something less technical at the end of the post. Those who prefer the more anecdotal stuff can skip the next par or two.

There have been various studies, using MRIs, EEGs and other technology, indicating that contray to men, women use both hemispheres of the brain more in many tasks, including for listening and for language, for emotional processing and even for dreaming. Men tend to use one hemisphere more. This bi-hemispheric ability in women (and girls of course) may be explained from an evolutionary standpoint but going into details would take ages and this is supposed to be a fairly fun thread. Simply put, women can often listen to and process two different conversations -- or say, have a conversation in a noisy disco without being so distracted by music.

Men, on the other hand, focus very intensively on single tasks, and while this also doubtless had evolutionary advantages, it has a certain disadvantage that most women would be able to relate to. Take for example the case where a guy is watching a football game on TV and wife/significant female other comes in to tell him something important. If he responds at all, it will often be "Uh-huh" (or something less intelligent
) and then he goes back to focusing on the football game. Even if she then says in equally calm tones, "Oh, by the way, someone just stole our car and took off down the street with it," the response will still be the same.

He hears, but he's not listening. It doesn't get processed, ladies. Literally. Believe me. Yes, you could watch the same game and have a conversation on a phone at the same time (while ironing and watching two children as well) and not miss a thing, but for men, that's quite difficult to do. Not impossible, but difficult.

Okay that was the scientific bit. Now to something anecdotal.

I came from a family where for years, we had the kitchen utilities set out in a very precise and orderly way. "Kitchen utilities" are just things like can openers, clove (garlic) crushers, cutting board, big knife and so on. All that stuff you use pretty often that are not simply regular cutlery. My Dad designed the kitchen in the family home I grew up in, so he set out everything and Mum pretty much kept it that way. (I should point out though that in my parental houselhold, we all learned to cook and the deal was that whoever cooked dinner didn't have to do the dishes.)

My wife has virtually all that "kitchen utility" stuff in a couple of kitchen drawers. For years, I couldn't figure out why it was that she had a bread knife in the same drawer as the can opener, the tenderizing hammer, the cleaver and so on, instead of putting them all in the correct places with other knives, openers etc etc. You know, in categories.

The reason is simple: my idea of what is "correct" is based upon categorizing and storing objects according to their use, whereas my wife stores them according to how often she has to use them. The stuff she uses most often all goes into a drawer nearest to the kitchen bench, and within that drawer the items that get used perhaps several times a day are always at the the very front.

I finally understood why when my wife was rummaging through my tool box one day, trying to find a tool to do a small repair on the washing machine. (She's an ace at fixing washing machines. Not kidding...) Anyway, after several seconds of her rummaging and muttering annoyance I asked her what she was looking for. "I need the 10 millimetre ring spanner. Where is it?" she asked.

"Ummm... In the bottom of the toolbox...with all the other spanners," says I, sounding smug that she hadn't even looked in the bottom section. (This is one of those toolboxes that fold out in sections with several trays. I had everything stored there according to type. A tray of screwdrivers, another with pliers, grips, hammers and so on. And because my biggest spanners are huge and will only fit in the bottom of the toolbox, that's where I put all the others.)

"Oh..." She dug around in the bottom part of the toolbox and finally found the spanner she wanted. Holding it in one hand she turned to me and asked, "Why did you bury this in the bottom of the toolbox among spanners that you use maybe once in three years?"

"Because... It's a spanner, so it goes with spanners..." I mean, it was obvious to me!

"Isn't this one of the most common spanners? I mean, we use this one and the 13 mm more than any others, don't we?"

"Ummm.. Yes. Why?"

"Why?" She looked exasperated. "Why don't you keep the tools you use most, where you can get at them the easiest?

"Ummm..."

Anyone got a sensible answer? I couldn't think of one.

Anyhow, that's when the penny dropped. I finally realized why she had her kitchen set up the way she did.

I have since reorganized my toolbox so all my most-commonly-used tools are near the top. I still have mainly spanners in one top tray and screwdrivers in another, but they're the common ones: the ones I always have to dig out for almost any repair. Or that my wife needs for fixing the washing machine, rewiring electrical plugs and other such things that she did for years on her own anyway.

Guys, never think that women aren't practical. It's just that their way of perceiving practicality is different.

Okay, I'll leave it there.

Mike
edit on 17/12/10 by JustMike because: Typos galore...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join