It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, the Biggest Mystery of All.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think it's just a stereotype that men are 'supposed' to play up to....men and woman really aren't that big a mystery to each other imo, sure there are aspects of each sex that sometimes baffle you, but that can apply to other people regardless of sex also. Again, there is some mystery but it is very small compared to all the things humans in general share in common.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've given up on women. Moved from involuntary celibacy to voluntary celibacy. I doubt I will ever find a girlfriend, and if I do I doubt she'll support my chosen lifestyle, like waiting for marriage till sex or trying to avoid while lies too (I can just imagine the dreaded "does it make me look fat?" question).
edit on 17-12-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Sometimes after all the commonalities are accounted for, the smallest of differences make for the greatest of challenges.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I hate chocolate, im also not that keen on shoes handbags and jewelrey, in fact i have no jewellrey, in fact i cant spell jewellry.

Will you marry me
Damn your already married to a Doctor I see.

I can't say that I find women any more mysterious then I find other men to tell you the truth, I can't count the number of times I see the actions of my male friends and think to myself "what in the name of god are you doing that for?" or "How on earth can you possibly think that"

As for the whole shoes and handbags thing... Eghh, some women may well conform to that stereotypy just as some men watch sports, get drunk, spend all evening on the sofa scratching themselves and conform to a typical male stereotype, I wouldn't say it's the norm though.

Some women are even scientists and things now you know
and I hear that they are even thinking of letting them vote

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Hello.

Today I want to talk about women. You know, the female side of the human species.

Don't get me wrong, I love women, I really do, but at the same time, they really baffle me.

First off, let me point out that a man cannot think like a woman. Maybe to an extent of course, but damn, the female mind is just wow. I am not saying this in a mean way, but the male and female are literally from two different planets. Now I know why they say Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.

I want this thread to be productive. Men, I want you to share your thoughts on women, and Ladies, I want you to tell us how we can co-exist without you ripping our heads off.

Let's figure out a way we can live in harmony.

So please offer up your suggestions on how we can understand the female a little bit better. Let's dive deep into the head of a woman, and walk in her shoes.

I hope you get the gist of it. Maybe. I don't really know myself. But let's see where this thread leads us.

Firstly, us women wouldnt be all that mysterious if you men decided to actually peer inside us one in a while.

Hahaha nah just kidding, but one thing would make everything better is that if women didnt feel like a piece of meat. This is not the individual mans fault of course (most of the time) but the way women are stereotyped/percieved by society. It is now being forced down our throats that women are attractive only on a physical level which means meny women dont have good self worth/respect. Because women feel like this they find it very difficult to be in engaging relationships with men because they feel like an object and not a person. But ofcourse you do have the women parading around like a piece of meat so there are the two extremes.
Also, women and men are so different on an emotional level. Women in general are emotional beings and men are more physical (they both are emotional and physical beings obviously.) So there are already clashes present there. Also, the reason why men and women fight so much with household duties is because they kind of view it as a point system. The woman will view every job being worth one point and the man will see one job being more points than the other ( eg. The man will see washing the car being worth 5 points, but the woman sees it as one) I got this out of this amazing book i read, dont remember what its called
But i will find it!

But hey, isnt being different what makes it so exciting? I would be soo bored if my boyfriend thought exactly the same as me and felt the same ways, exploring other peoples emotions its fun
helps you connect.

The major relationship killer? Thinking the other person processes the same as you. If people realise what is normal for one person isnt for another and realise peoples boundaries and morals without comparing them to their own then you will have a productive relationship

Ask me any questions about females. this is so interesting

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

So true, so true.I am pretty sure if a man had just the symptoms with out the actual period, he would consider it cause to call into work sick.

!!!!!

He would call work sick thinking he had some sort of terminal illness and attempt to get about a month off.
Us woman are so tough

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

yes you are, what i don't get is how y'all can do brave things like body waxing and still be weary of tiny harmless insects.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
1. Instead of calling me crazy, try to understand that most of the things that I do and think are actually logical. It's just that we're socialized differently, so you're not going to understand them.
2. Try to understand that I'm not going to understand when you tell me that you're just not that in touch with your feelings. I mean, men feel only one thing at a time for the most part, so I will never understand why it's so hard.
3. I act like a maniac when I'm upset about something because it's the only way you'll actually listen. Every time I try to reason with you, you simply don't care. Acting like a maniac consumes less time and you actually listen to what I'm saying in order to make me calm down. If you don't like my emotional storms, then simply allow me to act like a rational human being instead of a psychotic harpy. Believe me, I would love to do so.
4. If you don't like me nagging you, then listen to me the first time. I nag you because it's the only way to get you to do anything ever. It's not like I enjoy nagging, but I can't fix our non-flushing toilet for God's sake; trust me, I tried everything that I know to do before I even asked you because it's easier to move a boulder myself than get a man to move a pebble.
5. Unless you're a teenage boy the following applies: Looking at my cleavage for five or ten seconds when I have a low-cut top on is perfectly understandable, going back and forth between it and my face is tolerable; gaping at it without ceasing and never once looking up is you having poor self-control. Period.
6. You're an adult. I don't think it's too much to expect that you understand and abide by rudimentary rules of sanitation. And by rudimentary, I mean that cleaning your shower once a month or so and changing your sheets once every couple of months is passable.
7. Do your own laundry, do your own dishes. Or we can go turn-about. Everybody brings home the bacon these days, so everybody also chips in on the household chores; I expect you to understand that this is equitable and fair and that I'm not your mother.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why all this confusion about women? We want one thing: for you to love us.

Oh, and Heff, you are sooo on it with the jewelry and shoes. I doubt if you can please us with the shoes, but go ahead and buy them. We can always take them back and exchange them for some we like.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by littlecloud

yes you are, what i don't get is how y'all can do brave things like body waxing and still be weary of tiny harmless insects.

Hey, i know many men who are afraid of insects.
and im not afraid of insects haa

What we put up with makes up for all the little things some woman are afraid of. You wanna bleed for 4 days a month?
Sorry for the bluntness. But i didnt think so.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I can tell you now, no man is going to read that list. hahahhahaa

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
HAARP did it

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Do 8" clear heeled stilettos count? I will happily buy them for any girl prepared to wear them
edit on 17-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I've given up on women. Moved from involuntary celibacy to voluntary celibacy. I doubt I will ever find a girlfriend, and if I do I doubt she'll support my chosen lifestyle, like waiting for marriage till sex or trying to avoid while lies too (I can just imagine the dreaded "does it make me look fat?" question).
edit on 17-12-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)
Well ive given up on men, my choices have just been a car wreck, im not good at it, im good at cooking and sketching, and people should stick with what theyre good at. Im not looking for anyone and am quite happy with the fact that i may be partnerless for the rest of my life, the fact is i dont mind my own company. My only regret with this self imposed celibacy and singleness is that as my children get older i wouldnt want to be a burden to them, and feel that they cant leave home.
Can i ask, does anyone find Julian Assange sexy or is it just me, or do i need to get out more?.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think it would help men a lot if they focus on ONE WOMAN rather than trying to understand WOMEN in general.
Lots of things make women different to each other and you can't please everybody, no matter how much your ego would like that to be so.
Things like culture, up bringing, socio economic backgrounds, family dynamics etc. and a whole raft of other factors will always make your search for the "answer to women in a nutshell" forever elusive.

I think the reason why women are more successful in understanding our men is because we focus on ONE MAN at a time and dedicate sometimes our entire lives on trying to keep them happy.

If men did the same, they'd have the woman in their life figured out in no time. All they really need to do is put the blinders on and focus for a little while!!
edit on 17-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The reason why women are such a mystery to men and vice versa is that we think differently. It's neither good nor bad, it just is and I think recognizing that fact is the first step to unlocking the deeper mysteries of the both women and men. I believe there's a duality of both Masculine and Feminine in each individual, however the Feminine is the more mysterious and beautiful of the two in my opinion, but that may just be because I'm a man.

In opposition to the structred logical thinking of men, women think and feel primarily with their emotions. Their emotions however, can change at the drop of a hat and weathering their storm of emotions is both exciting, mysterious and challenging to men. Women will say one thing but mean another which makes no sense at all to men because to a man, their word is their word. At the same time, the beauty of the Feminine emotional "storm" can be as beautiful as watching a thunderstorm, or watching the rainbow that comes when the storm clears. It is both captivating, mysterious, and at times aggrivating, but I would have it no other way for it is those same emotional traits of women that men are drawn to time and again, myself included.

I stress again, duality. Ying and yang, light and dark. Without the Feminine there can be no Masculine. I think we should praise as much as we can the Feminine and the alluring mystery that is Woman. Women need above all else to be praised and to know that they are beautiful, desired, loved and appreciated. Everyone needs that, but women especially since it is inherit in their nature to be loved and to love and nurture. Without the love and nurturing of women, this world would be a much darker place than it allready is. I myself am continulally enthralled by the grace, presence, beauty, and mystery that is Woman.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Stereotyped...but made me laugh!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

this cracks me up

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I hate chocolate, im also not that keen on shoes handbags and jewelrey, in fact i have no jewellrey, in fact i cant spell jewellry.

Will you marry me
Damn your already married to a Doctor I see.

I can't say that I find women any more mysterious then I find other men to tell you the truth, I can't count the number of times I see the actions of my male friends and think to myself "what in the name of god are you doing that for?" or "How on earth can you possibly think that"

As for the whole shoes and handbags thing... Eghh, some women may well conform to that stereotypy just as some men watch sports, get drunk, spend all evening on the sofa scratching themselves and conform to a typical male stereotype, I wouldn't say it's the norm though.

Some women are even scientists and things now you know
and I hear that they are even thinking of letting them vote
Not married to a doc just a who-eee. Tom Baker being favourite, David Tennant second.
NOW THERES A MAN.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why is it with women that when something doesnt work first time thats it its broke its no good its the end of the world.

ever tried fixing it or trying again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join