It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, the Biggest Mystery of All.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hello.

Today I want to talk about women. You know, the female side of the human species.

Don't get me wrong, I love women, I really do, but at the same time, they really baffle me.

First off, let me point out that a man cannot think like a woman. Maybe to an extent of course, but damn, the female mind is just wow. I am not saying this in a mean way, but the male and female are literally from two different planets. Now I know why they say Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.

I want this thread to be productive. Men, I want you to share your thoughts on women, and Ladies, I want you to tell us how we can co-exist without you ripping our heads off.

Let's figure out a way we can live in harmony.

So please offer up your suggestions on how we can understand the female a little bit better. Let's dive deep into the head of a woman, and walk in her shoes.

I hope you get the gist of it. Maybe. I don't really know myself. But let's see where this thread leads us.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
As long as you recognize that she is always right and you are always wrong then there will be perfect harmony.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

So far, I have learned that I can't live without them. Women have that alluring effect that I just can't describe but in reallity some things will never be known even with an explanation or some personal disclosure.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well, it would help if you asked about specifics, so we would know where to begin.

However I think the bigger mystery is men, so I'll start off with a question of my own. How is it that guys can act all macho and tough over a bullet wound or the likes but turn into complete babies? (I am sure not all men do((and I only say that so it doesn't sound like I am generalizing)) but most that I have come in contact with)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would like to no why it takes them so damn long to get ready to leave the house!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Poor boys, whatever you do, you cannot win. 'Shall i wear this dress or that dress tonight'?
male; ' i prefer the red one to the black one'. female; whats wrong with the black one then? i spent a fortune on it!
Thats just one out of twenty million examples i could provide.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I used to think women were complicated, but then i was introduced to a secret discovered in the amazonian forest many centuries ago. Just by mentioning it you'll always get a reaction out of them.

yeah, chocolate is the magic word.

That, and actually listening to them, even if we don't really understand, they do apreciate the effort most times.

Instead of trying to figure them out i rather keep them happy, i don't want to piss off the majority of the planet.

edit on 17/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Women are easy to understand. They are just like you and me, except that they like shoes a LOT more than we do. When in doubt, young man, just buy jewelry and shoes.

JEWELRY AND SHOES!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
I would like to no why it takes them so damn long to get ready to leave the house!

I'll attempt this one.
There is a certain standard we are held to. Not only by other women but men as well, and when we don't meet this standard, we are accused of "letting ourselves go"
To meet this standard we are required to do things that are time consuming such as styling our hair and applying makeup, making sure we smell nice, and look appropriate for the occasion, be it grocery shopping or a party.
Yes it takes time, but we have all experienced horror stories from those times when we left the house in a hurry not taking the time to fix ourselves up, and have experienced humiliation by running into someone that would would prefer only see us at our best.

@anotheryou
Yes chocolate helps, but women have a need to be understood. When a guy makes an attempt to understand us it is generally a point in their favor.

@heff
Not all women love shoes and jewelry, but you are right, a large percentage do. Make sure you find this out first, because personally, I don't like diamonds. If a guy hadn't taken the time to find this out about me and just bought it because "all girls like diamonds", they're a girls best friend, right? I might be a little hurt if we had been together for some time, long enough at least for him to know that.
edit on 17-12-2010 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I forgot to mention this; one of the major differences between the sexes (and we all know this) , and yes i generalising here but on this topic i think i can, is the way we think of sex. Woman cannot understand how a man who has a partner that he loves can have casual sex with someone else, its something we cannot get our heads arounds, to us its the ultimate act of disloyality. Intimacy/sex/love are all part of the same thing. Ive tried many times to see this from a mans point of view, but ultimately, im left with a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intented). Im glad im woman because i would hate to spend so much time thinking about sex when there are so many other things to do. I dont believe its every seven seconds that a man thinks of it though, because on that premise, some of you guys on here that write the really heavy threads must compress all your seven second sex thinking time. Your poor wives.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
I used to think women were complicated, but then i was introduced to a secret discovered in the amazonian forest many centuries ago. Just by mentioning it you'll always get a reaction out of them.

yeah, chocolate is the magic word.

That, and actually listening to them, even if we don't really understand, they do apreciate the effort most times.

Instead of trying to figure them out i rather keep them happy, i don't want to piss off the majority of the planet. I ha

edit on 17/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2010 by thedoctorswife because: cos im a woman

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

/sarcasm

You used parentheses inside of parentheses... now im lost.

/end sarcasm

First off i want to say that i can not find a way to respond in this thread without speaking in generalities, and stereotypes. I understand that everyone is the same, and that what i state may not be the case for EVERY man, or EVERY woman, but i feel it is the case for the MAJORITY.

This post must have come from a woman, and i think this is a clear example of one of the key differences. Men are more prone to be frank. We state what we think, and what we feel straight out. It has been said a million times that women are driven by emotion, but i think that is the same for men, but we present our emotions differently. I think that men are more focused on single emotions, one at a time. We are either happy, sad, angry, apathetic, etc. one at a time.

Women on the other hand have the ability to feel and react with multiple emotions at the same time. They can be happy and sad at the same time. They can love something, but hate it, and maybe even be a bit apathetic about something, all at the same time.

This is something i have been trying to wrap my head around for a long time and what i have realized is that as a man i separate each emotion and try to picture them together, like a dinner plate with separate foods on it. In reality, it seems for women all these emotions combine together and create a unique emotion that is greater than its parts.

To go back to my food analogy, a man sees a tuna fillet, some noodles, and a cup of mushroom soup, but for a woman its a tuna casserole.

This is all based on my limited understanding, and i claim no truth, just my personal perspective. I rather enjoy debates on subjects such as these, so feel free to call me out if you like.

Great thread OP! S+F for you friend.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think men get irritated with women a lot but I remind my husband while he was playing football, drinking beer, picking the lint out of his belly button, I was carrying around a fetus which was growing at an alarming rate, wreakiing havoc on my once cute body, blowing my boobs up to the size of bowling balls, and causing MY belly button to be lint free because it became an outtie by the 4th month! etc. lol

Then there's the whole monthly period thing that we suffer through for at least 25 or more years of our life. All the while men are puttering around without the bloating, cramps, etc. Women are beautiful and strong. When you're irritated at your women try to see life through her eyes. Most females see their body as their friend as well as their enemy.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Did i read "hate" before the edit?

like i said (wether they love or hate the stuff) you will always get some sort of reaction

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I hate chocolate, im also not that keen on shoes handbags and jewelrey, in fact i have no jewellrey, in fact i cant spell jewellry.
I would love scientists to invent a pill to give every man on the planet a painful period for just an hour of their lives, just so they can see what its like. Imagine if men had periods, would there be less war and destruction? because theyd be at home nursing hot water bottles and eating icecream, if men had to carry babies for nine months it would certainly keep them out of trouble for a while.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

I hate chocolate, im also not that keen on shoes handbags and jewelrey, in fact i have no jewellrey, in fact i cant spell jewellry.
I would love scientists to invent a pill to give every man on the planet a painful period for just an hour of their lives, just so they can see what its like. Imagine if men had periods, would there be less war and destruction? because theyd be at home nursing hot water bottles and eating icecream, if men had to carry babies for nine months it would certainly keep them out of trouble for a while.

So true, so true.I am pretty sure if a man had just the symptoms with out the actual period, he would consider it cause to call into work sick.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

Did i read "hate" before the edit?

like i said (wether they love or hate the stuff) you will always get some sort of reaction

yes you did, ive never edited a post before i sort of buggered it up in a girly way, yes i hate it, the taste, the texture, blurghhh. yuk yuk Give me a rare T bone steak anyday.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

So true, so true.I am pretty sure if a man had just the symptoms with out the actual period, he would consider it cause to call into work sick.
Yes best to not even mention getting out of bed the morning after a 'heavy' night eh girls hahaha.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Bah!

There is no mystery but the one we make ourselves.
People are people, regardless of gender. We all have our own specific combination of quirks, traits and personalities that make each of us both the same, makes us different, and above all, makes us who we are.

The sooner we stop separating ourselves, making race, region, religion and gender as defining characteristics, the quicker we'll grow as a species. It's that diversity we have that makes us such an interesting and beautiful people.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Mystery is key here. Women embody mystery, even to other women. Men on the other hand are hapless and primarily confused beings, myself being one of them, compared to the beautiful mystery that women present. We keep going back for more because we don't understand what we don't understand about them and having not found success with them, we only want them more. If by some quirk of nature men find themselves successful with women it is because of these lucky perversions of fate:

1. They are wealthy and capable of manipulating them with money
2. They are physically attractive and capable of subsequently manipulating them socially
3. They possess mental abilities providing them mind-control over women
4. They own a very expense, very fast car
5. They are famous
6. They are simply lucky

Remember, the only true way to a woman's heart besides kindness, understanding and true emotion is by providing her with an equally matched or greater level of mystery to the force she applies to you. Try diamonds.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join