It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, the Biggest Mystery of All.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think there was a food analogy already used but this one makes a lot of sense too.

Men are like waffles and women are like spaghetti!

Yes it’s true. It’s been described many times on this thread but men compartmentalize things into little categories (like Mike) and women mesh everything together. My spouse has the hardest time understanding this. Everything that happens to me gets thrown in the same emotional ball of spaghetti. Everything touches everything else. If you piss me off over here.. It’s very well going to affect everything else that’s going on too. I can’t separate my feelings like that. No I’m not saying that I lack the capacity of let things go, that’s not the case at all. But most things do cause a chain reaction of emotions and that’s just how it is.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I must say I have learned much from this thread so far.

Thank you all so much for this great and fun thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I would like to make the argument that there is no difference between men and women whatsoever, and that our perceived differences are merely the sociological conditioning that both sexes endure from the time that we are infants and on.

Take for instance a family with a son and daughter. The family will most likely buy plastic guns for their son and dresses for their daughter. From the very beginning a male is instilled with the idea that his masculinity is in question unless he can be emotionless and violent, we encourage our daughters to play dress up because that is exactly how society will judge them later on in life...according to their perceived beauty.

If you had a family with three boys and all of them were wrestling around and play-fighting it would be brushed off with the "boys will be boys" attitude, but people would not know what to do if girls were behaving in the same manner; and they wouldn't because that sort of behavior is not encouraged in them. Men are raised to be out-of-touch with their emotions and violent, and women are raised to be overly-emotional and hypercritical not only of themselves and their own appearance but other women as well.

There are absolutely 0 differences between men and women, and aside from our basic biological difference, anything else can be chalked up to nothing more than the socialization of two groups of people. Once I realized that there were no differences between us I had such an easier time getting along with women, because its not really women that we don't understand, its dealing with the world of emotion that confuses us. Not because we're ill-equipped to deal with them, but we're raised not to.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Good luck, we're never gonna be able to understand women. Whoever figures it out should get a Nobel.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The difference between men and women is the way we think. Men think in "compartments." When a man is at work, he is thinking only of work. When a woman is at work, she is compiling her grocery list, what she is going to cook for dinner, when to pick up the kids and what activities they have going on for that day and how she can pick up that birthday gift/card for her mother-in-law in the midst of her day. When she's on her lunch break she's rushing uptown to get this or that for her family and maybe grabs a yogurt to eat at her desk. If she's at home she's got three pots on the stove cooking while holding her child on her hip, laundry going, the vacuum running and maybe changing a diaper. Women multi-task, men are singuarly focused. And that to me in my experience is the biggest difference between men and women. Sometimes we need just a hug and a thank you, as do our mates. So, for you guys who don't understand us just remember we got alot going on in our heads.

edit on 17-12-2010 by queenofsheba because: Meant to reply to OP

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
As long as you recognize that she is always right and you are always wrong then there will be perfect harmony.

Haha, I couldn't of said it any better myself!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I must disagree (respectfully). I have two sons and a daugher (I'm mom) and there are differences in the sexes. Emotionally they are completely different; it doesn't matter how you raise them. We are just different. Estrogen and testosterone make it that way.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiejames

They can ask female me for auto advice. I'm a mechanical engineer

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The only thing harder than negotiating with a terrorist, is negotiating with a woman.

But seriously...women do confuse me sometimes lol
edit on 17-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

I would like to make the argument that there is no difference between men and women whatsoever, and that our perceived differences are merely the sociological conditioning that both sexes endure from the time that we are infants and on.

Take for instance a family with a son and daughter. The family will most likely buy plastic guns for their son and dresses for their daughter. From the very beginning a male is instilled with the idea that his masculinity is in question unless he can be emotionless and violent, we encourage our daughters to play dress up because that is exactly how society will judge them later on in life...according to their perceived beauty.

I agree with some of what you said...like the fact that some men are more emtional. Sometimes I get emotional about things and sometimes I don't give a whack. I dunno sometimes it just depends on whats going on in my life and if I'm stressed out.

I don't agree though that were taught to be a certain way by society and parents...when I was a kid if my parents gave me dolls to play with i'd probably make them fight each other...I think men can be more physically aggressive b/c of testosterone but that doesn't mean we don't have 'feelings' lol.
Sometimes us guys try to push down our feelings and ignore them...but they surface no matter what- sometimes in the form of depression, or anxiety, or anger. Most of the time it comes out as anger ...emotional stress can be damaging to health..maybe that's why women live longer- they tend to deal with their emotions more often .

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
reply to post by jamiejames

They can ask female me for auto advice. I'm a mechanical engineer

Hey! I can gas and arc weld! I took metals in highschool! Now I make metal art!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

There's an old indian saying..

' be kind to your women for you sit in the palm of their hands at both ends of your life'.

I like wise old indians...they seemed to understand the sacred purpose and nature of women without feeling encumbered by it or obligated to it, without feeling threatened by it or diminshed by it.

They comprehended the paradox of the need for seperation and difference being coexistant with the need for proximity, closeness and bonding. An insight into mutuality that is rare these days.

I respect the courage and journey of men and manhood...and feel it is a pity that so few men ( and women for that matter) respect themselves or each other.

The best thing a man has ever done for me, as a woman, is to make me laugh....really laugh. No greater gift no better freedom.

Rosha

edit on 17-12-2010 by Rosha because: spell edit.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd like to say a few things that come to my mind about women. First of all I believe women operate on a totally different level then men. They seem to have an intuitiveness that men don't posess and I'm becoming more and more convinced that they are able to communicate with one another in a way undetected by men. I don't want to start a new conspiracy theory but I am beginning to think that there is much more to women then what men come close to realizing. I'm almost to the point that I believe women are the masterminds behind this whole human experience and are trying to utilize it to make the kind of man that they desire. Unfortunately they appear to be failing miserably at the moment. But....the game is not over yet. One more thing for men to think about. If any man I know was able to pass something the size of a baby through his ass and smile about it moments later...I wouldn't mess with him.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by dalan.

I must disagree (respectfully). I have two sons and a daugher (I'm mom) and there are differences in the sexes. Emotionally they are completely different; it doesn't matter how you raise them. We are just different. Estrogen and testosterone make it that way.
I disagree, as a mother (also) i believe its sociological conditioning, your probably not even aware that your doing it, when i was married, i worked longer hours than my husband, and was expected to cook two meals a day and wash up, clean the house look after the children and on the odd occasion (once a week) he would wash the dishes, i was expected to respond with a fanfare and a congratulations all round, dont tell me i wasnt condtioned to this role and his to his. (not that it happens anymore because im free now!!)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here's everything you need to know ...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have figured out one thing about women.............

The reason they close their eyes during sex............they cant stand to see a man have fun

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just took a linguistics class about this stufff...
It's that males and females are socialized differently. Males tend to state facts and to make declarations. From a linguistic standpoint we males are all reduced to domesticated primates that like to make declarations...ha.
Women will ask more questions of men and they will share problems with each other without looking for a solution; they are really just wanting to express when they do this.
Guys talk about their problems with each other because they are looking for their buddy's advice about said problem. It's how we are socialized and even hardwired. This is why women get so upset with men when they share their problems and the guys then start offering solutions...the women don't want possible solutions...just for the guy to listen. So the women walk away from said conversations thinking the guy's not listening because all he did was offer solutions and the guys are left in awe wondering what the hell they did wrong.

Guys, just nod your head and listen next time

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

The reason they don't want a man to answer is because they are presumably smarter than we are and are irritated at our attempts to solve their non problem.
edit on 18-12-2010 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by area6
Here's everything you need to know ...

Hay I dont even need to watch this. I see a guys head on a pole or on a platter and thats all i need to know.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarryJoy
One more thing for men to think about. If any man I know was able to pass something the size of a baby through his ass and smile about it moments later...I wouldn't mess with him.

Theres an old story about that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join