It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should murders and child molesters be set free?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

I agree, even having managed to forgive one myself, in eternity, and he was my own father (in case you didn't read my drunken intro I posted foolishly last night), although the abuse was not perpetrated upon me personally, but a sibling or siblings. It's very very hard, not easy at all, but it can be done, I've done it. Failure to do so, in the final analysis, failure to at some level, be able to separate the person from the sickness at the very least, and recognize that it's not a felt vengeance that even matters in the final anaysis, but only the very antithesis of the process responsible for the illness in the first place, would represent a "fail" in effectively addressing it, head on, and in a way that is both powerful, and very significant, historically speaking. That, therefore, has become my life's work, and all I suffer from is what's called survivors gulit, it didn't even happen to me, but to my family, and thus in a way, also, to me. And in the end of course, we are all one family, working out one solution to one problem, and we're all working on it, in one form or another, even in eternity, depending on your frame of reference. If so, I live in spirit with a forgiven abuser, my Dad, who just didn't know any better, or he would not have done it. Strangely, he was a very good man, and positively impacted many. Very tough stuff. Been doing this work myself of late. Few are up to the task, but it's been thrust upon some of us, through a strange twist of fate and circumstance, driving us in the end, to go to ANY lengths, to help heal the sickness and the very root of the problem.

edit on 17-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Gakus

I agree, even having managed to forgive one myself, in eternity, and he was my own father (in case you didn't read my drunken intro I posted foolishly last night), although the abuse was not perpetrated upon me personally, but a sibling or siblings. It's very very hard, not easy at all, but it can be done, I've done it. Failure to do so, in the final analysis, failure to at some level, be able to separate the person from the sickness at the very least, and recognize that it's not a felt vengeance that even matters in the final anaysis, but only the very antithesis of the process responsible for the illness in the first place. That, therefore, has become my life's work, and all I suffer from is what's called survivors gulit, and it didn't even happen to me, but to my family. And in the end of course, we are all one family, working out one solution to one problem, and we're all working on it, in one form or another, even in eternity, depending on your frame of reference. If so, I live in spirit with a forgiven abuser, my Dad, who just didn't know any better, or he would not have done it. Strangely, he was a very good man, and positively impacted many. Very tough stuff. Been doing this work myself of late. Few are up to the task, but it's been thrust upon some of us, through a strange twist of fate and circumstance, driving us in the end, to go to ANY lengths, to help heal the sickness and the very root of the problem.

I'm deeply sorry to hear that, and I do agree getting to the root of the problem as to hopefully one day prevent such actions from ever happening in the first place should be the primary focus, and goal of all these studies and what not.

It takes a lot for someone to forgive another for actions such as those, and it only further proves the goodness you have within yourself.

Stay strong, chin up.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Child molesters should never be set free, because by their own admission they never get over their obsession.

I cannot forgive anyone who molests a child. We have to give them at least accommodation.

What about that child whose life is ruined?

As for murderers - do not set them free unless they killed one person, and for a reason.

If a child molester and a murderer turned up at my door asking me to take them in, I would take the murderer first.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

It''s an almost unbearable sorrow. thank you, and for others, who instead of perhaps assuming or even jumping to some absurd conclusiion (i find the appearance of this thread in relation to the one i posted last night sycnronistic at least), were moved, not to revulsion about my story of my family, the crazy god and suffering family of origin of mine (which i've almost come to see as a microcosm of the macrocosm in a way), of adoption and of a mishandled inheritance (my fault), and of a very grave error, and hidesously selfish act by a very sick and sorrowful, suffering man, a man child in need of love missing as an infant, my Dad.

I think the smallest of initial causes, are capable of unleashing such things.

And so I chalk it all up to a failure of love, starting with the framework, of the family of origin.

That said, however, I don't think we can ever pinpoint it with precision in that manner, as I indicated in that intro post, for all we know, it started when some Neaderthal hit another over the head to steal his woman, or steal or harm that man's children.

So where does it stop, where does it end? Where is the end of evil, if not with me, and with you, now, and in part, that also involves the very way in which we look at the world and historical causation.

You see, i have no choice, but to go to any lengths, to somehow turn it into a gift of some kind for humanity, it's all I can TRY to do, to heal it, not just inwardly, born of forgiveness of my father, but outwardly, through everyone.

That said, I totally understand the anger and the revulsion, and the HATRED. But that can drive a man, or society, into a self destrucive way of being, in one form or another, and this, at some level, has been the story of my life, bringing the suffering down upon my head, get this, for having been PASSED OVER because they were my brothers as I, his "true blood". Deal with that?!

I'm so glad people now understand much better who I am and what's been driving me.

I MUST be driven by ONLY love, it's the way I was made, not by genetics, but by circumstance, and therefore, I don't have that vengeful type mind most people do in relation to these things, which ITSELF only makes me feel guilty for no reason yet again.

God it's SAD! So sad.

BUT, thank God, there is also joy on the other side of suffering, where the more that suffering carves into our being, the more joy we can contain, so that's what I'd like to get to work on, without at the same time, thinking I can just dismiss it out of hand, like it's not a factor, that type of anguish.

So it is only in this way that I am anti-Christ - I was passed over, in the middle, UNHARMED, while my BROTHER was abused by a devilish spirit, if anything he's the Christ-like figure in this story, the Church framed on either side of my family, like twin pillars erected by God. Crazy! Absurd, and perhaps, at the very end of the day, and in the final analysis, somewhat amuzing, but ONLY if I have someone to both cry AND laugh along with me, and so there's my desperation for acknowledgement and friendship, and mutual understanding.

A heck of a thing to go through, for no reason at all. So mine is a neccessary unneccesary suffering, and in my view, joy beats suffering to the punch, hands down, every time in eternity, so then it's all good. I therefore MUST ask the haters to reconsider their position, not because I am in any way at fault or the problem, but because I have to be the solution and I NEED you, and reaching out is ALSO hard to do.

It's one HECK of a predicament, but this is why God made me so smart, not to become an engineer or a Professor, like my beloved Grandfather, but to be there, to help work out this problem, not just for me, but for everyone, the whole damn world over!

Sigh. Very tought stuff. That's all I have to say, no more from me, the ultimate narcissist by design.

P.S. This is absurd, given my courage around this issue and the apparent spirit of my action, my heart, laid out there, but just for the record, although I've had problems, I neverf acted out in a way which caused harm to anyone, just in case, because I know the way some people think around here, and it's a fair assumption or question to ask really, especially when you se the line in my sig and wonder what's in that "past" I'm referring to, but it's nothing like that, and most certainly not any more, having done much of the work to deal with this thing, also plainly evident.

It is very strange, to feel guilty for something you did not do, and have to forgive another, who did not sin against you directly, very unusual.

edit on 17-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The failure of love is a tragic thing.

And what you are enduring is a tragic thing.

I wish you strength - it is all I can do - and blessings.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Where you mention retraining/reprogramming them and then releasing them back into public, have you ever watched the movie A Clockwork Orange???

My avatar pic is of the main character in that movie and he is put through a reprogramming trial and released back into the public.
edit on 12/17/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/17/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Let's put the gang-bang, robber, serial, psychopath murderers on an island so they can do battle royale (google it).

Surgically remove testicles of hardcore full-time child molesters

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

This happened many years ago, and I thank you for you kind words, seeing that I'm still "in it" and trying to work through it, now. What's been even more important to me though, is your bearing witness, and your understanding, in the final analysis. See now everyone knows me, knows where I'm coming from in terms of everything about me and my "work".

So you could imagine what 9/11 and the recent wars have also done to me - that too almost ruined me, because it's all the same thing, at different scales.

And this is also why I'm a Christian, NOT because of the apparent Christian heritage in my family, but only in search of the final solution to the problem of human evil.

Sorry to lay this on anyone, but again I don't know what ELSE to do, since this is a good resource and platform, potentially with 10's of 1000's of readers, or more.

So enough about DAMN ME! I am getting sick and tired of always doing this, but at least now ya know.

Thank you so much, for those willing to embrace the heart of the world, which doesn't point to me, but to we.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Part of the problem of your solution, and I think that it might be the worst part of it, is that it runs the risk of eliminating the deterrence factor of criminal justice. Not merely eliminating it, but possibly making committing a crime desirable.

Let's take murder, as an example. A person who learns that their spouse is having an affair could kill the spouse and lover, with the assurance that they would not only go free, but have all memories of the act and the spouse having an affair and everything else just "wiped out", removing the pain of the act. Now, instead of the act resulting in the unpleasantness of confinement, it may be perceived as a "do over".

Many murders are circumstantial -- crimes of passion, robberies gone wrong, and so forth. I'm not sure how you are going to "fix" those people, since they likely didn't start out with the intention of killing, probably didn't even consider themselves capable of it, it just happened because of the circumstances. For those who commit premeditated murder, or a serial killer or something similar, yes, an underlying problem, but one that is solved only as a result of the act of the crime, and something that the killer may well be in favour of.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There must be consequences for actions. Otherwise the law becomes meaningless and we go into a state of de-facto anarchy.

I understand that the punishment system is technically a revenge system and is rather barbaric. I also understand that I think that barbaric actions (murder and child molestations) deserve barbarianism. You murder somebody or molest a child, you don't deserve anything but the most meager of compassion.

I think that it's this kind of attitude that's let bullying become so rampant in our schools here in the U.S. Instead of standing up to them and teaching them a lesson, kids are forced to stand aside while administrators coddle them and try to use psychobabble on them. Some people are just screwed up in the head, and no amount of memory wipe is going to change that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
murderers and child molesters should be let free without any alteration to their mind to reintroduce the important element of survival of the fittest to our sheltered society.

common sense really.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would never agree to let a child molester/child murderer go free.

Right after the trial they should be taken to the street and put in front of a firing squad. I wouldn't blink an eye at shooting a child molester to death...which is weird because I cannot even kill a spider or ant..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Alot of interesting answers...and alot of curiously passionate responses about child molesters

So, if anyone is still monitering this thread...to make things a bit more murky..

Should a child molester be executed then? What about a way to find out who -will end up being a child molestor- later in life.

Many, if not most, people whom rape kids were victims themself...so, when we find a child molestor, should we execute both the molestor and the victim to protect society?

If therapy is not an option, nor is wipeing the memorys that cause the actions...then clearly the only thing left is the scortched earth policy..kill them all, including kill any whom knew of the abuse..to include siblings of the molestated one.

I guess it is about legal abuse and murder over substance...meh, I never pretended society was evolved beyond a desire for bloodsport.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If therapy is not an option, nor is wipeing the memorys that cause the actions...then clearly the only thing left is the scortched earth policy..kill them all, including kill any whom knew of the abuse..to include siblings of the molestated one.

Plus, the added benefit of going this route, is that you might also in the process eliminate the emergence of any would be Christians believers (of the authentic variety) who might have otherwise sought out, with unrelenting perserverence and determination, a workable resolution to the problem of human evil, at its core. Therefore, you may as well just launch the missiles and be done with the whole affair!

Family of origin, that's where it starts and where it must end.

Therefore, in all seriousness, I would suggest, that education is the key, not about the evil deeds of sick people, but as something informative and wholly positive - say, a course in school called simply "Life Studies", which might commence at the grade three level, and run all the way up through the teen years, teaching everything from conflict resolution, to effective parenting skills. For one generation then, the kids would be teaching their own parents how to better raise them, and more fully love them.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So people hate child molesters the most?
But they are forgetting something:
A "child molester" in too many cases is someone who haven`t done anything wrong. 16 yo girl and 19 yo boy, for example.
And murderers? Well what if you murder someone by misstake? Or in self-defense? Or in someone else`s defense?
Are all those people "barbaric"? I don`t think so. But the "justice" still is. That`s why the system itself, in my opinion, is much more barbaric than the criminals (Who are too often "criminals").

Originally posted by MaximumTruth
murderers and child molesters should be let free without any alteration to their mind to reintroduce the important element of survival of the fittest to our sheltered society.

common sense really.

I agree.
And the system itself is becoming more dangerous than them anyway, and it`s more probable to become a victim of the system than a victim to an actual criminal (Not "criminal").

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join