It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Its a simple fact of the matter that breasts are used in a sexually pleasing ways. There is a reason why this discussion isnt about womens elbows or ankles.

Most if not all women love their breasts fondled during sex. Its a part of foreplay. Looking, squeezing, sucking, playing, carressing and all the other ways to touch breasts help in the arousal of the woman and man.

Thus, the reason to having them covered up during a time when sex should not be the purpose or goal of the day.

The crux of the issue is bigger than tits though.

This boils down to sexual harrassment and gender equality in the work place. Women fought hard to be treated fairly in the workplace (rightly so). They won. So a woman with all the same rghts as a man, needs to act as a non gender, just as a man does. Their should be no distinction between man and woman in the workplace, as prescribed by the feminist movement.

If it is respect and attention they want by showcasing their womanly qualitites, so be it. She should then be prepared for the consequences of stepping into a gender role. Maybe they are good consequences if she uses them in a way to advance herself. Maybe they are not so good. Could wholely depend on her attractiveness.

If she is attractive then its not fair to the other unattractve females in the workplace. And who will get the blame for that? The boss. Man or woman. An attractive female who flaunts it may be more appealing to the man boss. An attractive female may cause jealousy with a woman boss. Or the oppossite with an unattractive female.

Also, sexual arousal inspired from those qualities should not be judged if she wishes to show up to work in an arousing way, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I want to state that I am 110% pro cleavage, be it in the workplace, home, the park or the seedy bars i hang out at.

FREE THE ...........UMMMMMMMM..........CLEAVAGE

and to add.........am I the only one slightly turned on by this thread

edit on 17-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Stair at self in mirror?

Just on weekdays.
On Saturdays, I browse shop windows and peer at goods on the lower shelves!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You should have the right to show cleavage, but you have to understand the position that the bosses are in. The super feminist women who don't show cleavage (or don't have it) would get really mad at the bosses for 'overlooking' them for women who show cleavage. This has been the rule so far, so a boss doesn't want to appear sexist, or as though he is supporting women showing off their goods. A good boss can be even handed with promotions, but office gossip will always start up when he promotes the woman who shows off. So, it's pretty easy to complain about 'unfairness' in the workplace. The boss, by overlooking women who show off their cleavage is bending to office gossip, which is stupid because it will be there anyway. Damned if you do, amned if you don't.

This is why I don't work in an office

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
....am I the only one slightly turned on by this thread

edit on 17-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

You know you're not!
2nd pair... I mean line.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So all in all from what I'm gathering in this thread:

1. You're either an uncivilized native of freedom who is probably also considered an STD-infested, scarlet lettered mongrel, who wants to purposely dress attractively to throw off the opponent you've cryptically suggested to everyone as your enemy, by showing your cleavage, or wearing too short a skirt to be considered "normal". You blasphemise the business world with your distracting tatoo on your breast bone, and that v-line is purposely low so that the uncontrollable sensation of a man looking deep down into that shirt, will be baffled by your real reason for coming to work like that.... to work? to still type the same amount of per minute you typed wearing a sweater? oooo... maybe it's to outshine the man in the workplace, then get told you won because you showed cleavage...

2. Or you're considered a professional, business savvy, expert, trained in the way of everyday culture to dress appropriately and without false notion, keep everything to a professional thinking level... Hell, if they could, they'll wear the manliest looking clothing possible... Does anyone here think #2 sounds like a sheep-sponsored image? Being told to be orderly, without question or thought... that's what being a sheep is after all.

Overall:

Sounds to me like what you simply have here is a group of people who can't control their sexual desires. To the guys who say you want them to dress professional, is it really because you want OTHER employees to not be distracted? Or is it because you want to stare down that rack like a prime rib on a football night.

To the women who say you want them to dress professional. Is it really because you want them to act like a good little civilized sheep... or is it because you're a bit envious. Maybe you're overage, and your cleavage looks like the grand canyon... maybe it's because you're overweight, so yours hang down like drapes?

Stop acting like you're all a bunch of justified workers of pure conciousness and admit that each of you have a dark side, no matter who you are. Even the pope has one... pfft... the Holy One... my booty.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

1. You're either an uncivilized native of freedom who is probably also considered an STD-infested,
scarlet lettered mongrel, who wants to purposely dress attractively to throw off the opponent you've
cryptically suggested to everyone as your enemy, by showing your cleavage, or wearing too short
a skirt to be considered "normal".

*BIAD blushes and realises he's been found out*

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

This boils down to sexual harrassment and gender equality in the work place.

Also, sexual arousal inspired from those qualities should not be judged if she wishes to show up to work in an arousing way, in my opinion.

it is in the opinion of my wife, that when a woman shows up to work with an inappropriate amount of cleavage, that woman is engaging in sexual harrassment torwards both the male and female coworkers, and I tend to agree

sexual harrassment has many forms, from a private conversation that is overheard, to actively engaging someone with sexual overtures

any act that causes another to become uncomfortable is considered sexual harrassment by definition

and if a woman shows up to work with cleavage, and this causes other to be uncomfortable around her, this is technically sexual harrassment

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

I agree, playing on these feelings shows an enjoyment of control.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This threads lack of comparative pics is a disservice to the subject...why are we not seeing tons of pictures posted of swedish models so we can better consider the argument!!!

-shameless-

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Anyone who considers low-cut shirts on women to be wrong, should be shot on sight.

That's all I have to say. You can't see it, but I am applauding for Boobies Rights this very moment.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The thought was drifting through my mind as well.
Should I be ashamed that a ATS thread has the opportunity to treble it's
viewers?

link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
Overall:

Sounds to me like what you simply have here is a group of people who can't control their sexual desires. To the guys who say you want them to dress professional, is it really because you want OTHER employees to not be distracted? Or is it because you want to stare down that rack like a prime rib on a football night.

To the women who say you want them to dress professional. Is it really because you want them to act like a good little civilized sheep... or is it because you're a bit envious. Maybe you're overage, and your cleavage looks like the grand canyon... maybe it's because you're overweight, so yours hang down like drapes?

Stop acting like you're all a bunch of justified workers of pure conciousness and admit that each of you have a dark side, no matter who you are. Even the pope has one... pfft... the Holy One... my booty.

you are oversimplying this

its not all about sexual desire

some people become uncomfortable around others that are showing too much skin, whether it be man or woman...

if you come to work and are dressed so that your cleavage or thong is showing, it is sexual harrassment of your coworkers, regardless of whether they find it to be a turn on or it makes them uncomfortable

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Thumbs-up for saying "hooters" 8 times in 1 post.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Anyone who considers low-cut shirts on women to be wrong, should be shot on sight.

That's all I have to say. You can't see it, but I am applauding for Boobies Rights this very moment.

I love cleavage, and I encourage my wife to share with the world at every occassion, which she more than happily does for me....

the issue is about the workplace.

it is not appropriate nor is it professional to goto work baring cleavage

it is a distraction both in that it plays on the desire of both men and women, and it makes the more conservative people uncomfortable

there is a time and place to show off ones body, the workplace is not one of them unless said workplace is a a stripclub or a Hooters type environment

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

This boils down to sexual harrassment and gender equality in the work place.

it is in the opinion of my wife, that when a woman shows up to work with an inappropriate amount of cleavage, that woman is engaging in sexual harrassment torwards both the male and female coworkers, and I tend to agree

sexual harrassment has many forms, from a private conversation that is overheard, to actively engaging someone with sexual overtures

any act that causes another to become uncomfortable is considered sexual harrassment by definition

and if a woman shows up to work with cleavage, and this causes other to be uncomfortable around her, this is technically sexual harrassment

I'm sorry but I wholeheartedly cannot agree with you two's opinion on the matter simply because, what you're in fact leading the road to is a world where people are being told they cant dress attractively at all.

Sexual Harrassment does not only happen in the work place, it can happen on the street, front lawn, market, anywhere. So if you're insisting that wearing a low line shirt or mini skirt is considered harrassment, you're entirely making the clothing itself illegal. Because that's what Sexual Harrassment is.

What would be next? Banning the clothing on a national scale as they do in other countries? For being a supporter of freedom, this would be hypocritical. Wearing attractive clothing is not breaking a law. In the entertainment business, you're not even nude unless you show a nipple or a male appendage. Cover just those parts up and you're considered half-nude... it's again. Hypocritical.

People just have to learn self-control, because all this thread is proving is that people, like animals have sexual desires that they cannot control. Hell, I'm not perfect, I get dirty thoughts, atleast I'm HUMAN enough to admit it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The thing is, why show cleavage? what possible benefit to the upper
torso does it serve?
I'm sure that most women are aware of the low-cut's effect on males
and females alike.
I can certainly vouch for it's effects and sometimes I still miss the
Monastry.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
The thing is, why show cleavage? what possible benefit to the upper
torso does it serve?
I'm sure that most women are aware of the low-cut's effect on males
and females alike.
I can certainly vouch for it's effects and sometimes I still miss the
Monastry.

That's why I believe it partially pisses women off.
Their boss won't say it's because they have a massive shaboing right now because of the cleavage.
They'll claim the EMPLOYEE is simply being unprofessional.

Who's really unprofessional, the employee wearing clothes that show cleavage?
Or the guy who can't control his sexual desires, and for that matter his happy-stick?
It's almost accusing women of a crime because they have big breasts.
What's next manditory breast reduction for C-size and up?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The word "work" is a feminine word. It converts to:

"Boobs or Talk"

(in the ET Corn Gods language).

See the websites listed in my Profile.

Work:
W is 23, 2 21.
21 is 1 19, "BS".
Therefore:
W = Boobs
add 0+66+66 ... = "Tal".
Therefore:
Work = "Boobs or Talk".

edit on 17-12-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

The dilemma here is that men... [in my view)... are driven by sex.
The subject is on their minds whenever they interact with women.

Whether it's a primeval thing or driven by modern culture, men watch
women and I believe it's a remenent from the times when males bred
with many females as possible to further the species existence.

Men have always loved 'jubblies'

EDIT: Also men enjoy 'semi-hidden' breasts and the 'office cleavage'
is part of it.
edit on 17-12-2010 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join