It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Are Here To Stay, "Get Use To It"

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

and with all the uncharted fathoms out there, who is to say what we cannot see there???

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Yes, there is much in the oceans we don't know about. Once again I will state my perspective, do I think it's possible aliens have visited or still here? Yes it's possible. However I don't believe it has happened, I beleive there would be more open communication with us if they were here.

But it's possible and the oceans are large enough to conceal a whole lot

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MaximumTruth

why is fiction the most plausible? that seems a little closed in your box kind of thinking to me? everything is a lie is it? so... you don't believe in due process either huh? you must assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent then right?

and actually the pyramids have long been sci fi.... en.wikipedia.org...
www.imdb.com...

umm yes, again, believe or disbelieve, black or white, yin or yang, right? there is no thought other than... there is no color in between, there is change in temperature, and salt and pepper are the same... yada yada yada...
edit on 17-12-2010 by schitzoandro because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Obvious troll is obvious, watching a few youtube videos, reading a few speculative books describing ancient art depicting objects in the sky is no where near enough evidence to prove your claims.

Any serious thinker can't take this thread seriously without laughing at the argument/case put forward.

"why isn't this in the public domain? common knowledge"

The answer you'll probably get is that The Power That Be are restricting the information.

Well let's just put on our tinfoil hats should we.
edit on 17/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I agree with you. The arguments "for" aliens being here are arguments "that it's possible" for aliens to be here. All the evidence is circumstancial at BEST. Once again, before all you who MUST feel that aliens are here, I'm not saying it's TOTALLY impossible, just saying it's no fact.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

it has been in the public domain since roswell. every piece of new data is just one more piece to the puzzle, most just choose to ignore it or play it off as fantasy, because the unknown is terrifying

edit on 17-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

There's a difference between "ignoring" it and waiting for critical and irrefutable evidence to appear.

Some people think us skeptics think that extra-terrestrial life is impossible. This is not the case, we're more than happy with the possibility and probability of life existing elsewhere.

But to claim they have visited earth, is to claim that Ghosts exist on the basis of a few videos and books that i've read, depicting people's "PERSONAL" experience.

I myself, have been interested in William Cooper, and Timothy Good's book "Need to Know" but i'm still waiting for critical evidence. Not public acceptance, just critical evidence. You think you have this, please source us, please point us in the direction of an artifact.

Starchild? Still waiting, evidence of spacecraft? still waiting, Military disclosure? still waiting.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
reply to post by MaximumTruth

why is fiction the most plausible? that seems a little closed in your box kind of thinking to me? everything is a lie is it? so... you don't believe in due process either huh? you must assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent then right?

Isn't that a bit backward?

If i assumed that everything was guilty until proven innocent i would readily accept that aliens visited the earth's oldest civilizations, taught them how to build and involved themselves in our conflicts by choosing a side and fighting for it insted of resolving the matter peacefully just because Aliengenes said so.

But I'm not so gullible to except something so profound as fact until I have reason enough to believe it and can't be explained away reasonably.

and actually the pyramids have long been sci fi.... en.wikipedia.org...
www.imdb.com...

What on earth does a christian symbol have to do with the construction of the pyramids?

and sci fi covers do not constitute evidence
edit on 17-12-2010 by MaximumTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

the day the earth stood still. all eyes would focus directly on them and the ENDLESS questions would completely disrupt humanity as a whole.
who's going to want this?
who's going to want their natural naive order of life disrupted and have to be rethought?
only a minority. the majority couldn't deal with it and humanity would suffer its consequences.

gentle fragments of information is how this is going to play out until it just is. this is why i made the statement get use-d to it. its forthcoming every moment of every day.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Great movie, There's nothing suprising to me that a alien race who have evolved longer than us could even have reached inter-gallatic space travel, or better.

There's a few reasons it would cause alarm, mainly it's because of our own arrogant view that we are special, that "GOD" made the unvierse with us in mind.

This opinion or stance,i feel, was demonstrably destroyed when we discovered that the Earth Orbits the Sun, not the other way around. Further, the hubbletelecope showing that we are not the centre of the universe.

It wouldn't be a suprise to me certainly, but i'd want proof, evidence - Ireffutable proof.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I'd be willing to bet if there was as much circumstantial evidence regarding extraterrestrial life in the OJ trial,
he'd have been in jail allot sooner. If skeptics want to prove/believe UFO's aren't genuine...
They'll have to give explanation to every Unidentified object in the sky.
Black ops or not, their unidentified objects that are flying in the heavens.
Logically, in order for them to be terrestrial, everyone must originate from earth.
Can that be proven? I submit, a better title for the thread would have been:
"UFO's are here to stay; accept it."

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Whoah!

I'm quite certain you've misunderstood my intentions here...

Firstly, the material quoted was not written by me. It was written by another member - I was highlighting it as a perceptive and interesting point of view.

I'm a relatively skeptical but relatively open-minded believer. As in, I don't subscribe to the New Age waffle, or the Reptilian overlord interpretation (and similar), but I do believe (tentatively) in some sort of extra-terrestrial/ inter-dimensional interventionism having taken place at some point in our planet's history.

Whatever it is that you've been working on with regards to the ET presence, I'd be fascinated to hear more!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

TRUE TRUE sometimes i just cant think of everything while writing...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

U.F.O just means UNIDENTIFIED flying object.

You don't know what they are, you don't know if they're human or remotely controlled, you probably don't know much about astronomical phenenomen so you're not a liberty to say what a U.F.O could potentially be.

Good luck in just buying any old "evidence" to assert your belief of Space Aliens visiting earth.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

War of the Worlds by Orson Wells, to project the dissinfo into daily lives.
Um....War of the Worlds...by H.G.Wells..English author...not Hollywood....I'm just sayin.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You raise a fine point. With all respect to the OP, this thread isn't about proof or evidence or fact. Words of that nature shouldn't have been used in the OP. In itself, it's not likely to solve the alien question (of "are they or aren't they here with us now?").

One thing I like to draw from these threads is an exchange of ideas, and an exchange of experiences, opinions. Agreeing to disagree in a respectful way should be an acceptable result. Too often people want to stamp all over another person's point of view, until it becomes obscured in a blur of negativity, then they feel that there is a 'victory for common sense' or some such silliness.

That's not aimed at you, it's a general observation from time on ATS.

If any sort of proof is forthcoming as a result of these more relaxed exchanges, then it was all worthwhile. If someone throws an interesting link into the mix (to information not seen before, either individually or collectively), then it was all worthwhile. If someone sees our conversations and becomes interested in finding out more - and then they turn up some interesting or groundbreaking evidence in the course of their investigations, then it was worth it. Someone with the right sort of access to privileged information might just be inspired to dig a little deeper into the stories of officialdom - simply by the random chance coincidence of reading a couple of posts in this (or any) ATS thread.

If not, and we all just have a good chinwag about it, then it was still worthwhile. It's a good testing ground for our interactions here on ATS.

As with my response to Traditional Drummer, I just don't get what appeals to you to engage with these speculative threads if you dislike them so much..? I guess your response might be that we need to deny ignorance, and that's fair - but anyone who can see, will see - that this is a relatively loose exchange of thoughts, and not a graduate-level research paper. We can rely on loads of members for more rigid and academic threads, but I believe these sorts of threads bear relevance and are useful in the hallowed halls of ATS.

Of course, people need to be evaluated as to their motivations. Charlatans are only exposed by healthy skepticism. However, stamping all over people for subscribing to a set of beliefs (however much we disagree with them), is not denying ignorance, it's downright crappy behaviour. (again, that's not aimed at you, it's an ATS-related offshoot from my thoughts in response to your post)

People who are less inclined to get involved with the hardcore research threads mentioned above can (should be able & encouraged to) feel more relaxed about chatting over their experiences on a thread like this. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thanks for repeating what I wrote. Read it again and tell me if I'm sensitive, or your a condescending individual who'd rather correct than read what someone else wrote.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It wasn't a shot at you, but it would have hushed the skeptics.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What?

I completely understood your post

And i quote:-

If skeptics want to prove/believe UFO's aren't genuine

Skeptics don't deny the U.F.Os exist, they just deny that the people who claim to have seen them don't have the evidence to discern whether these are made by man, remotely controlled by man, or some other phenomenen.

For the minority of reports that cannot be explained, we don't deny they are not interesting and worth investigating, we just deny that you have proof or evidence to assert a belief of space aliens visiting earth.

If you look at my post, i wasn't condecending at all. I said you probably don't know much about astronomical phenomen, i don't either, correct me if i'm wrong. It wasn't condecending. I did say "probably"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
free ideas and positive exchanges are exactly what we need in our quest for knowledge and truth when it come to this subject. too much negativity drives away good information and clouds the subject in skepticism and disbelief and no one can make heads nor tales of it. personally i had to do my own investigating of the phenom and quit worrying about what someone else thought in their belief unless it positively pertained to what we were witnessing or newly discovered facts in the matter. I'm never going to believe the scientific community nor Nasa, because they don't get grants to produce science for we the people, they get grants to benefit government agendas and line their own pockets. if the government tells them to only focus on the script, then they will follow direction to keep the flow of funding pouring into their projects. we know the shuttle is old news and has been since the first time they successfully launched it. technology and science makes leaps and bounds every 6 months but the powers that be must maintain the status quo to ensure their survival. otherwise we would have been 100 years into the future if Tesla would have gotten his way and the powers that be would have agreed.... that was never going to happen, and it still isn't going to happen because its not a part of the status quo mind set.

we don't need them anyway to tell us anything. we need to be our own judges and jury's and do our own personal researching with our own science and our own equipment and keep them out of our business. then we become the powers that be

people have been writing me and sharing since i wrote this thread. telling me their experiences and sitings but they fear reticule by sharing openly in this forum. its too bad, because great stories and important details are being kept secret, due to public tar and feathering. it needs to stop, because we need to get to the bottom of this thing so we may excel in our knowledge and wisdom.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join