It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

As a Scot you should become aware of your past. The Clearances would have never happened if you folks had more guns.

As it stands, they could happen again and you'd just have to lie back and take it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pilotdavems

The op: "kevinunknown" is from Scotland. That should give us a clue as to the why regarding his post. I don't believe he quite understands enough of our American history to give an educated opinion. Things like the Castle Law, self-defense, feeding my family, etc., are only a few of the obvious reasons. How about dangerous "outlaws" (criminals), would be the only ones with guns, and I need to protect myself, and my family ? My humble opinion, and I think the ops post was uninformed and somewhat stupid.

To: Pilotdavems:
Scotland HUH? Well now.....lets see. If I recall, there was a guy by the name of William Wallace who refused to give in to English tyranny. He wanted to farm and raise a family in peace. Unfortunately the English wanted to rule the Scotts with an Iron fist and deny newly wed couples their right of "primae noctis". William said "to heck with that". The English murdered William's wife and that helped to set of a revolution. In the end, the Scotts won their freedoms. I do not remember William "beating his sword into a plowshare". So in the event that Kevinunkown reads this, it would behoove him to study the history of his country before trying to make statements and pass judgments on other Nations policies, especially when it comes to the Constitution of the USA. "Made in USA" takes on a whole new meaning.

What I am posting here is for any and all other foreigners who would love to see the people of the USA "fall" into the same trap that Europe finds itself in. "Mind your own business. Any one who is not a citizen of the USA, has no say when it comes to what we do, how we do it, when we do it or even if we should decide to do it. To the foreigners posting here at ATS; Be advised, we as Americans don't need your "input" concerning our way of life. Remove the log that is in your eye before trying to remove the speck in ours. Hypocrites!
Are you reading this post Kevinunknown?
Where is your Scottish pride? You know, the same fighting spirit that was found in William Wallace and those that fought for their freedoms? What's the matter? I can't hear you! "Hypocrisy and cowardice" are two of the most loathsome things that exist in men. Perhaps you need to do some "soul searching" before writing back. We as Americans for the most part do in fact have a "love affair" with our weapons. As was stated in many other posts, our weapons determine if we are the "victors or the victims". That might be beyond your comprehension, but it is not beyond ours as Americans. "LIVE FREE or die! You need to "man up". These are my suggestions and are not defaming or personal "attacks". This is written in hope that even a foreigner might understand the need to defend themselves. Those in Europe that fought against the NAZI oppression understood it. What happened to the 'younger ones"?
"Those who forget the past, are doomed to repeat it". This is for the moderators.
Thanks for the info on kevinunkown. Now I know thanks to you.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just a quick comment really, I have read all I need to form this thread.

I find it really funny how Americans are ranting on and on about with the line “how dare a Scott, say this”. Under your liberal ideals I have the right to freedom of speech, even if i don’t like it very much. Is it not very hypocritical of you to all flame me for what is a personal opinion and this hypocrisy is multiplied you saying on one hand “don’t talk about our nation like that” but then on the other hand lecturing me on my own history.

Really all I have basically said is Guns are bad and in my opinion America should get rid of them like so many other states. Sure some of the Arguments against this are strong, but I still hold the fundamental believe that guns are evil and as such hold no place in a “civilized” society. It’s a bit like abortion for me, there are some very good arguments as to why abortion is justified however as it is inherently evil it therefore has no place in a modern society.

I am not a coward for saying it like I see it, it show’s strength and courage, not weakness. The idea that I am less of a man who cannot protect himself just because I don’t pack a 9mm round my waist, rather I would argue it’s the opposite. Its not like you are all living in the wild west any more, its not like government its about to chuck you all in FEMA camps and the Russians don’t plan to invade. I think you all need to take a leap into the 21st century.

Fair enough you love you guns, keep them, I don’t care. But know this, in my view they are the most evil disgusting objects ever crated, an abomination of man’s genius only crated to pursue evil and immoral quests. They are the tools to which the most evil of evil men have killed and ruled, the iron fist that chokes all of humanity, they fuel war and genocide they are the tools of the devil himself. Those who advocate the use of said weapons and fail to recognise this are just as evil as their guns and should be ashamed.

Ask yourself if the millions upon millions of mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wife’s, husbands and grieving children justifies you carrying around your evil little toy’s so you can look like action man. Get rid of them all, if your government has to, search every household in the country for the horrid things.

edit on 20-12-2010 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Tyrants never needed guns to achieve their evil work. However, the gun is the only thing that enables a person, regardless of their strength, to resist the evil advances of another.

Evil and disgusting are the last adjectives that should be applied to the gun. It is perhaps the holiest object ever created, the only one that can prevent bodily harm by evil minded people.

This is why it is feared by evil authority figures. Seems like they have trained you well to be a cowering serf. Don't take this as an insult - wear the badge with pride.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

How can you call a Gun the “holiest of objects” when it is guns that are the tools of evil, genocide, war, robbery, rape, murder, torture and so on. I think you should go back to Sunday school.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Lagrimas

gun owners stop some 2 million crimes a year in the US

how is the first link a reason for a population to own guns...?
hahah
go figure...

I'm sure the number of crimes, murders, armed robberies etc would exceed the number of crimes prevented greatly, making this seem a little beside the point, if the guns weren't there in the first place, most of the crimes being prevented or committed, would never have taken place, so I imagine that if you removed the guns, you would also be preventing millions of crimes. Go figure.
edit on 20-12-2010 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

Don't take this personally, but are you aware that America has spent the last 60 years invading other peoples countries in order to tell THEM how to behave?? That's what i don't get about some of you, you speak condescendingly to people about their own history and quite clearly ignore the fact that your argument is completely contradictory. People wouldn't have so many opinions about your country if you hadn't paraded around the world telling people they need to do things like you do. You need to maybe have a better look at YOUR OWN history, instead of telling people to stay out of your countries business.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

To: sir_slide

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK! The discussion topic is: "Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved".

You wrote: "Don't take it personally". I shall take it personally. The US Constitution is set on the basis of "INDIVIDUAL" liberties. That is where this discussion becomes "personal".
You wrote:" you speak condescendingly to people about their own history". Wrong, I speak the truth. William Wallace fought and defended what he believed in. In the end he paid the maximum price for it. Kevinunkown asserts through his posts that we Americans should give up our weapons. William Wallace was used as an example of what "real Scottish Pride" has been is the past and continues to this day. There are Scotts men today that would use kevinunkown for "cannon fodder" because of what he posted. It is a lesson for kevinunkown to learn and absorb when it comes to "knuckling under" to the NWO.
You are talking about two separate issues in your post reply to me. This is a discussion as to "why" American citizens need guns and about Americans forfeiting the second amendment of "our" constitution. Instead of "preaching" to me about reading or studying my Nations history, you might want to read the "Topic of Discussion".....again! It is not about "Foreign Policy" issues between Nations. That is a "HUGE" mistake on your part regarding this discussion. Most Americans have little or no "say" when it comes to foreign policies instituted by TPTB. These decisions, rest in the hands of the "NWO shills" currently running our government, and trying to ruin the lives of Americans all the while telling us that we need to "listen to them" (the shills). These same "shills" like to go on TV, put a smile on their faces and lie to us concerning the facts. That has nothing to do with "US citizens and our second amendment rights". Unless IQ's have suddenly, "dropped off the chart", it would be to your benefit to read what I and others have posted, before "jumping to conclusions based on assumptions", or that of your own personal feelings. This is an "American issue", for Americans and is not "subject" to foreign intervention or foreign policy or "opinion". That means you. Got it?! You know the old saying about opinions, don't you? "Opinions are like #%$&$# and everybody has one". Stick to the facts.

Never confuse "stupid" with ignorance or arrogance. We, as Americans know that the "One World Order" or "New World Order", is in the process of stripping every man, woman, and child of every nation of anything that we hold "dear" and of value to us. Do you set the foreign relations policies of the country you reside in? In the event that you do, then, "May God have Mercy on your soul". I won't. If not, then your argument has no bearing in this topic of discussion. I rest my case.

FREEDOM is what the USA is founded on and our freedoms are paid for by the blood and sacrifice of those who fought and continue to fight to preserve these freedoms. Millions of people every year come to the USA seeking something they could not get from the countries they did come from (Freedom). Why would they do that if the USA is the "BIG BAD WOLF"? Back up boy! This is about Americans owning weapons. If you are not an American, then you have "no say" in it. Got that?

You Wrote: " People wouldn't have so many opinions about your country if you hadn't paraded around the world telling people they need to do things like you do. You need to maybe have a better look at YOUR OWN history, instead of telling people to stay out of your countries business", "Cry Baby"!"!
I could care less about the opinions of what other people from other nations think or feel. That's their business.
Perhaps "you" feel that "you" should be the one that "personally set polices" regarding the rights given in the US Constitution. Just you try. "The Whole World Is Watching".

. Next time you want to "PREACH" to some one, "Here, have a quarter and call some one who cares". This isn't your business, so play it safe and stay out of it. Want to join in discussion of this topic? Then stick to the topic.

Oh....(for the moderators again) Hope that this post is not too "abrasive". Nicey!!! Nicey!!! Lets all join hands and sing; "We Are The World", then we can all sit around and roast marshmallows together as "one big happy family". But, don't hold your breath, "cause", "It Ain't going to happen".

OH Brother! I just saw this from sir_slide: "I'm sure the number of crimes, murders, armed robberies etc would exceed the number of crimes prevented greatly, making this seem a little beside the point, if the guns weren't there in the first place, most of the crimes being prevented or committed, would never have taken place, so I imagine that if you removed the guns, you would also be preventing millions of crimes. Go figure

You have got to be ^$^%& me.
Perhaps you should consider mailing your resume` to the NWO. They can always use someone "JUST LIKE YOU". Its always nice to know you are wanted. Unbelievable!

Scoutsniper

edit on 20-12-2010 by scoutsniper because: I added a comment

edit on 20-12-2010 by scoutsniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I need guns to kill more proficiently and at greater distances, they're my tools of choice and i enjoy the way they look and feel and the awesome smell of cordite

edit on 20-12-2010 by aliengenes because: fixt

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

" I love the smell of Napalm in the morning, you know, that gasoline smell, ...........it smells like,..... like................victory". Robert Duvall (Apocalypse Now)

Great post, stay ready.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The "preacher" who claimed to be great, had a congregation of "one" listening to him.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

yes yes it sure does

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Just a quick comment really, I have read all I need to form this thread.

I find it really funny how Americans are ranting on and on about with the line “how dare a Scott, say this”. Under your liberal ideals I have the right to freedom of speech, even if i don’t like it very much. Is it not very hypocritical of you to all flame me for what is a personal opinion and this hypocrisy is multiplied you saying on one hand “don’t talk about our nation like that” but then on the other hand lecturing me on my own history.

Really all I have basically said is Guns are bad and in my opinion America should get rid of them like so many other states. Sure some of the Arguments against this are strong, but I still hold the fundamental believe that guns are evil and as such hold no place in a “civilized” society. It’s a bit like abortion for me, there are some very good arguments as to why abortion is justified however as it is inherently evil it therefore has no place in a modern society.

I am not a coward for saying it like I see it, it show’s strength and courage, not weakness. The idea that I am less of a man who cannot protect himself just because I don’t pack a 9mm round my waist, rather I would argue it’s the opposite. Its not like you are all living in the wild west any more, its not like government its about to chuck you all in FEMA camps and the Russians don’t plan to invade. I think you all need to take a leap into the 21st century.

Fair enough you love you guns, keep them, I don’t care. But know this, in my view they are the most evil disgusting objects ever crated, an abomination of man’s genius only crated to pursue evil and immoral quests. They are the tools to which the most evil of evil men have killed and ruled, the iron fist that chokes all of humanity, they fuel war and genocide they are the tools of the devil himself. Those who advocate the use of said weapons and fail to recognise this are just as evil as their guns and should be ashamed.

Ask yourself if the millions upon millions of mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wife’s, husbands and grieving children justifies you carrying around your evil little toy’s so you can look like action man. Get rid of them all, if your government has to, search every household in the country for the horrid things.

You are entitled to your opinions; as we are.You think we are ignorant of plainly obvious facts: we can say the same.
'nuff said.

edit on 20-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hey, this might be off topic but I am curious.

What is it in relation to this thread that you think the moderation staff should have cause to intervene and why do you think they have failed in this respect.

Also you keep going out about how my fellow Scots would be ashamed of me for my opinions based on a Hollywood film made by Americans about a man who lived hundreds of years ago. This is the same place where the public outcry after a few toddler were shot with air-rifles led to them being banned. I don’t think you realise the hypocrisy in ranting on at me about how I am Scottish and as such cannot comment on American affairs, yet at the same time make out that I am a “descries” to all Scottish people because they would all agree with you, and we have this big national fighting spirit.

Its was only a film, its not even historically accurate.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Kevinunknown, you don't have a clue what freedom is. We have the right to keep and bear arms regardless if the 2nd amendment says so or not. No human being has the right to decide for me except me. Doesn't matter if that human being is you or some govt official, one human being does not know what is best for all human beings. I use the term "human beings" because it is true for all of us, even if you choose to hand that power over to the "elite, know it all fools" you elect and think will protect you by some magical means when an intruder does enter your house. If you want to rely on someone else to help you when in need as opposed to helping yourself then go ahead, I assume that's why you're still there and not here in the U.S. where we take care of ourselves and don't need a govt moron to give us anything!

If the entire Constitution was torn up we would still be free men and take care of ourselves! Clean your own house before telling us how to clean ours. Britain has never achieved what we have, maybe you should be more like us rather than the other way around!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

To Aliengenes: Your opinion please. kevinunkown makes a thread, gets the "living snot" beat out of himself by a host of different posters,, and then tries to justify his position as that of being "Noble". Americans, guns and the US Constitution are definitely not kevinunkown's "strong suit" (Forte).
Question: Why would any one , being of sound mind and body, post a thread like that? It could be compared to jumping into a "live volcano". It makes little or no sense to me. We Americans love our weapons to the point to where it could be said by some, that our love for our weapons has become an "obsessive passion or fetish". Can anyone answer this question with out the usual "stuff" added into the topic? Responsible and truthful answers only, please! I do not understand people like "kevinunkown" or the one that calls himself, "sir-slide". Is this the time and place where "common sense" has vanished?

HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THIS, if there is some sort of sound reasoning behind it. I don't get it.
I feel like the sheriff did in the movie : "No Country For Old Men".
I don't believe that asking for an opinion is "breaking any rules" here at ATS.

Moderators: Your thoughts.......but,.....be gentle and kind and try not to be "abrasive". Many thanks!

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Shouldn't you be tossing a tree or rock or something? The Highland Games are a fun Scottish tradition started after the English took your weapons right? Hahaha...You're a funny guy!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That was nice, but you haven’t actually answered any of my questions i asked in my last post.

I have made my thoughts quite clear, I have not had the snot beat out of me, I have been heavily criticised for my believes but I don’t think I have “lost” in any sense because my opinions have remained the same. It is true that guns and the American constitution are not my forte, but my strong moral sense of right and wrong, good and evil most certainly is my forte and stronger than yours.

I don’t like getting personally, but you clearly want to make this personal, your posts are all very aggressive. Its really quite sad but i get the feeling your just not a very nice person, how can you be when you persecute me for my believes the way you do with personal attacks.

I started this thread to start up a debate, I have achieved that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

hes just jealous cuz he cant have a gun and cant escape his country and truly his opinion is irrelevant

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

"I don’t like getting personally, but you clearly want to make this personal, your posts are all very aggressive. Its really quite sad but i get the feeling your just not a very nice person, how can you be when you persecute me for my believes the way you do with personal attacks."

You're being persecuted? That's great, you are telling us to rip up our 2nd amendment because we just don't get it and we should listen to "your" morality rather than ours and it's you being persecuted! How about our freedoms Kevinunknown that you so willing would take from us? But it is you being persecuted!!! Hahaha

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join