It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

they have know Idea or reasoning of a Patriot

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

but why does anyone need a semi-automatic,

I mean no offense but,

Have you ever fired a .22 caliber long rifle? And have you ever loaded a .22 caliber long rifle. Really the only reason I have a 10 round magazine on my .22 rifle is because re-loading is a big hassle when target shooting. I go up into the woods and plink cans and paper targets. It is very fun, I really suggest everyone try it twice at least. Loading one bullet at a time while target shooting is boring. I like to pull the trigger hit a can, pull it again hit another can, pull it again, and hit the can I missed.

Thats why we need "guns" that fire more than one bullet. It makes the sport much less boring.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

best answer i got for you: because, to be American means you don't want the government to create laws telling you how to live. Personal responsibility was the primary goal of our founders. now, if we could just get back to that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Fire superiority. And if you dont have it..swim on over...and If you do have it I will with my 2nd amendment right buy a bigger gun. There you go Kevinunknown there is your answer to that question

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

So can someone please tell me why you need a gun? In the UK I know no one who owns a gun, and no one I know has ever been disadvantaged because of this why is it that the worlds “super power” is any different, Gun Laws are out of date, rip up the second amendment and join the 21st century .

At the moment I have no need of a gun. Why? Because I have the right to have one, inalienably.

I have a west highland terrier who is the most fierce, justice loving thing on 4 legs. Are you sure you are Scottish?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

Fire superiority. And if you dont have it..swim on over...and If you do have it I will with my 2nd amendment right buy a bigger gun. There you go Kevinunknown there is your answer to that question

Why do I "need" it?
I "need" to breathe and ocasionally eat.. I find that comment condescending and loadedwith innuendo.Why do you ask?What answer do you want?" the better to kill the maximum number of innocent street urchins to roast on a spit?

Technical answer:
A semiautomatic uses recoil and or expended gasses to reload and recock the weapon so you don't have to.
( That's all it is no "evil mojo"!!!)

A semiautomatic allows one to shoot a rifle without taking the weapon off your "cheek weld" (and out of sight alignment).after every shot to cycle the bolt. my bolt is fine but its easier and more fun when punching paper to shoot smaller tighter groups.( its not realistic and cheating,but its fun),. if you hunt you raise the rifle; align the sites on the target go through your personal breathing /trigger pull, the weapon fires you can see downrange over the sites if you missed or need to fire again.with out taking it down from your cheek. a good rifle man can do it with the enfield bolt action .

For a handgun its easier quicker and more accurate to fire from a light single action trigger pull ( condition 1)( round in the chamber; hammer cocked)if you have a double action or striker fired gun you haveto pull the trigger through against the hammer spring to cock the hammer its heavier and can throw off the site picture.
edit on 20-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

clearly my dear,you get the award for most edits,now lets get down to the marbles shall we.

it is with complete confidence that I have to say you have never been fired apon either in combat or otherwise.It also is clear that since the Arabs sacked Europe you as a statesman havent been fired apon,ot5her than the IRA. I most assuradly can attest to the value of an automatic weapon with your countries most resent threat the IRA. Now I dont mean to put you into a position or anything but you have to see the value of an auto loader used by your government and that we Americans are armed with such autoloaders and what happened between England and Ireland would never ever happen here in AMERICA.....it is very clear that your opinion is out weighed by history and by popular opinion,,,I am really very sorry to say UK is an ally of the US only because It wont step up to the plate. Does any body else have to balls to dissagree...am I telling it strait....If this comes down to a pissing match about who's country is better (which is what Kevinunknown is really trying to do) ok no problem UK never did USA any faviors....I really think it was the other way around in WWI and WWII

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I edit because I try to catch spelling/grammar errors and make my posts readable (not solid block s of text) with emphasis where I want to put it.Don't call me "dear"... "muffin"...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

a good rifle man can do it with the enfield bolt action ...your quote

Dude,Seriously, not sence 1911,but pulleeze have a very nice day

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

US Constitution 2A

If you do not like the Constitution of the USA you are free to leave.

Molon Labe

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MPad556

he isnt from here that is the point that we all forget as we indulge his trolldom

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

don't call you Muffin or dear...ok "Sweetheart" how is that now hummmm.Does that fit

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Ok dear muffin I wont call you names,,,Its all good .....tell me though,have you felt the slide of a Kimber 1911..the trigger pull...dude you have to get one of those to a range.You have to feel the power in your hands. Seriously it is like no other.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Never in recorded history have guns been less 'out of date', as you put it. The trouble is that in order to have a fair fight, much more than guns are needed. You are clueless as to the technology of the day. Absolutely clueless.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

It’s not about getting in the last word, it’s about having a mature discussion, it is quite apparent that you struggle with this concept and as soon as you find someone who disagrees with you your defences go up.

I did not write this thread expecting any Americans to agree with me, that was the idea, to start a debate. The only reason people are agreeing with you is because you are the guy shouting the loudest against me, there is no other reason.

Your words have no substance, other users give me sound reasons as to why they should keep their guns, you just go in for a barrage of pointless insults. I respect your opinion, if you think guns are your god given right that’s excellent, go shoot some commies. I have said this before, I do recognise the pro-gun arguments, some of them are very good however I look at the argument in the same way as I look at the abortion argument, sure there are some very good pro-choice arguments but fundamentally in my view abortion is evil and therefore has no place in a civilized society, guns are the same.

My claim about your words having no substance is only reinforced by you refusing my challenge, you were the one who said you would “lay me out” (think those were your words) if we were to have this discussion on PP or really aware with no moderation staff as you would show me some real “verbal abuse”. Yet as soon as I give you the opportunity you back down like the coward you really are, hiding behind your guns and your PC screen.

And no I don’t want to shoot you, that is just another example of your immaturity.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4

best answer i got for you: because, to be American means you don't want the government to create laws telling you how to live. Personal responsibility was the primary goal of our founders. now, if we could just get back to that.

Just an observation.

It hasn't worked then.
You've got your guns but the government still creates laws telling you how to live.

If anyone is remotely interested in my thoughts on the subject before assuming anything please go to 'view posts in thread'.
I've had my say. this thread is going round in circles.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

This ( www.law.harvard.edu... ) is kind of a long read and there are more studies that have been done on this subject that would confirm these results. You can also find some studies that would contradict, but I suggest looking at the bias of those performing the study.

I've asked my friend why he is such a big gun proponent and he explained to me the following. He was born in the Philippines and was a young boy when he moved to the U.S. At that time President Marcos started banning firearms in the nation because there were talks of revolution because of fixed elections. He remembers police coming to his home and searching it looking for weapons. Shortly thereafter, Marcos gave himself direct powers and extended his term indefinitely. My friend remembers neighbors disappearing after police would visit them and never be seen again. He has seen this happen first-hand in the 1960s-1970s. His reasoning for upholding the second amendment is an unarmed people have little to no chance of defending themselves from a foreign or domestic threat and I understand this and agree.

You said that we no longer need to have guns... that we need to join the 21st century. Please tell me what year this event happened? 19xx... 20xx... When should have Americans woken up and realized they no longer needed to depend on themselves for defense? I watch the news and read stories of violence and atrocities around the world and I just cannot see a valid reason to defend myself LESS.

So we don't need guns because there are police and the military to protect us? - I won't depend on that.

So we don't need guns because there are grocery stores to give us our food? - I won't depend on that.

So we don't need guns because a country in the 21st century would never oppress its people? - I'd like to hope so but won't depend on that.

The patriot act and the new health care reform bill are just two examples of taking rights away from Americans in this century.

THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE (not DEPENDENCE):
"Governments exist to support the rights of men. Governments exist only through the power of the people that they represent. When a government fails to grant rights to the people and removes the involvement of the people, the people have the right to change their government in a way that will allow for their unalienable rights to be protected. Governments should not be overthrown for trivial reasons; it is not typical for people to change a system that they are accustomed to. However, when the people have suffered many abuses under the control of a totalitarian leader, they not only have the right but the duty to overthrow that government."

Our founding fathers created the second amendment so that IF a tyrannical government takes power in the U.S. we have the capability of removing it, through force, if necessary. How would you do that if good citizens had no firearms and only that totalitarian government did? I don't see signs of world peace coming any time soon so I'll continue to support my right to bear arms.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I had this dream where I woke up to three old drunk guys in my room fighting. I tried to walk out of my room, but one came and grabbed me. He put his finger to my head like it was a gun, and said he was going to kill me. Next thing he says I'm too good to get killed, and the dream ended. I woke up. >,

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You just made our own argument.

You suggest that abortions and guns have no place in a civilized society.

Any idea on how that very thin veneer of "civilization" is maintained?

Law enforcement? Note the root word there.

My wife is the daughter of a former Marine and law enforcement officer, and I'm thankful that he taught all four of his daughters to shoot, and to shoot very, very well.

It's damned embarrassing sometimes with handguns, as she shoots so instinctively, that at times I think I married a reincarnation of Annie Oakley. And she doesn't think a thing about it. No big deal to her.

Civilization.

A most recent development.

Uh . . . . now WHERE is this civilization thing?

Because if you're talking about the last few minutes in one specific location, or a few weeks, or months, then you don't have a clue.

That thing I THINK you're calling civilization?

That is a temporary cease fire.

That's all.

You are living in a temporary cease fire.

All human history says so.

Sleep well my friend.

While you can.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
because Criminals disarm there prey and we are not prey.

We all agree that the government has no shortage of guns yes?
We all agree by definition a criminal will always be able to get a gun because they do not honor any law.

What is left of your society?Law abiding citizens left disarmed, with the history of tyrant governments around the world,and the very nature of a criminal, How dare they tell honorable citizens they aren't allowed to keep a personal weapon.
Where has your ballz gone England.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join