It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 33
33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob
 


If you had bothered to pay any attention to this thread you would have known i am Scottish, the red coats were English and I am not a elitist, but thank you for the slander.




posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus
 


Sorry about that, when I responded I hit reply on the wrong message. My response was not directed at you.

Sorry about that.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by BingeBob
 


If you had bothered to pay any attention to this thread you would have known i am Scottish, the red coats were English and I am not a elitist, but thank you for the slander.


Except for that post where you said you consider yourself british but you live in scotland... And you are a subject...you have a queen...


e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (-ltzm, -l-)
n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
2.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

"You guys should do stuff like us because we are better than you." = Elitist...



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by zero1020
 


Could you please explain to me what a troll is?????

On another note i saw on the 5 o’clock news on channel five tonight CCTV footage of a gun nut in America holding up a school board after his wife got fired. He was using his hand gun to make threats so he could get his own way. Funny thing happened, a woman, very brave i must say, tried to disarm him with a hand bag, not a gun.

In any case he done the world a favour a shot killed himself. On less ranging gun nut for you all to worry about.
Your constant slandering of America is an obvious troll attempt. And don't act as if you are so innocent that you have no idea what a troll is.
Even in your little summary of the recent shooting you manipulate the story to serve your own agenda. First of all, he didn't use his gun to get his way. Second, that woman was stupid for trying to hit him (not disarm) and she was very lucky that he didn't just execute her. And lastly, most of the bullets in the gun were blanks with the last few being real for himself.
I find it sad that nobody else noticed the trolling and instead opted to feed you.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We were warned a while back, but nobody was listening. And it's already 2010, and the AK manufacturing plants are up and running in Venezuela.........

So, while the Mexican Mafia is loading up on Kalishnovs, what do you suspect the American citizens living along the border should do? Practice throwing rocks?


Russia to build 2 Kalashnikov factories in Venezuela by 2010
Topic: Father of the AK-47 assault rifle, turns 90
17:23 06/08/2007IZHEVSK (URALS), August 6 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will build two factories for production of the famous Kalashnikov assault rifle and ammunition in Venezuela by 2010, a Russian arms manufacturer said Monday.
en.rian.ru...



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate
 


Nice reply, I really enjoyed point two about the penis.

I think allot of American gun lovers might not want to recognise this but.

I think the reason some of the pro-gun crowd like guns, is because guns make them manly, running around like they are one of the wolverines about to fend off a Russian invasion and showing off their massive gun collection along with their huge cannon that they keep concealed down their pants alongside the smaller cannon. The reality however is that larger cannon is just to make up for the inadequacies of the smaller cannon. I remember when I was young my dad said to me “kev, real men don’t need guns or knives, just fists and balls of steal” I agree. Therefore I would say there could be a psychological element for some gun owners, not all, who only carry a gun to make up for their feelings of inadequacy and weakness and lack of balls.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
when the constitution was written most of america was a fronteer, there were many dangers not just from humans but from animals so the constitution was written so people could protect themselfs and thats the same reason we are so passonate about the right to bear arms, to protect ourselfs.................period!!

as a law abideing and responsible gun owner, i do own several fire arms............leagaly, even though i live in california, i know what the law says, i know the restrictions, and i carry a copy of the laws whenever i go shooting at the range.
my guns are very calm and very passive, they have NEVER "assulted" anybody so im very offended by the term "assult rifle" and "black guns" my guns are not racist!!LOL

i saw recently 2 bumper stickers one said;

"guns dont kill people.....people kill people!"

and the other;

"gun control means useing both hands!"

they both said what i firmly belive

criminals will get guns, thats what they are good at, and it doesnt matter if they have a gun or not, they will be committing a crime so why not make the crime easyer by useing a gun?


the laws here in california are just insane, california banned the sale of .50 cal BMG amunition and the registration of .50 marksman rifles, do you know how many crimes were committed useing these rifles since the early 20s?....................................just 2!!! that was whatt i read on the NRA website, so why ban them?? cuz they are big rounds with lots of range and power!! and now they will be restricting hand gun ammo here as of feb 1st 2011!! all this does is restrict the sale to law abideing people, criminals will get the ammo anyway!!

the more we pass gun restrictions, more people will want them! its just human nature to want what you cant have


the other point i want to make is, they want to restrict guns to law abideing people, how about restricting fast muscle cars or exotic europian sports cars? they kill people, criminals will steal them and use them and you cant drive over the posted speed limmit anyways so why have them?? i mean WHY do you need 500,700, 1051 horserpower???(last number is the horsepower of a bugatti veyron) you cant drive over the speedlimmit so why have that much power???...................because we can!


just my 2 cents



be safe people



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020
 


Ok, I really don’t know what a troll is.

Please give me a definition.

If hand guns had been banned, he wouldn’t have had the ability to traumatise those people or kill himself.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by OptimusPrimate
 


Nice reply, I really enjoyed point two about the penis.



And now this discussion gets really, really, really interesting. We went from guns to the penis. Will we be discussing condom control next? Stay tuned for news at eleven.

We're not laughing at you guys. We're lauging with you.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall
 


Interesting, the way libtards argue and debate isnt it? You know its almost over when they start talking about genitals or calling you a racist...



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob
 


You do know that the very ideology that states you should be granted the right to own a firearm is libraterinsim??

Your constitution is just one big classical liberal document.

I am not a liberal, but I think you might be, you just don’t know it.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
when the constitution was written most of america was a fronteer, there were many dangers not just from humans but from animals so the constitution was written so people could protect themselfs and thats the same reason we are so passonate about the right to bear arms, to protect ourselfs.................period!!

as a law abideing and responsible gun owner, i do own several fire arms............leagaly, even though i live in california, i know what the law says, i know the restrictions, and i carry a copy of the laws whenever i go shooting at the range.
my guns are very calm and very passive, they have NEVER "assulted" anybody so im very offended by the term "assult rifle" and "black guns" my guns are not racist!!LOL

i saw recently 2 bumper stickers one said;

"guns dont kill people.....people kill people!"

and the other;

"gun control means useing both hands!"

they both said what i firmly belive

criminals will get guns, thats what they are good at, and it doesnt matter if they have a gun or not, they will be committing a crime so why not make the crime easyer by useing a gun?


the laws here in california are just insane, california banned the sale of .50 cal BMG amunition and the registration of .50 marksman rifles, do you know how many crimes were committed useing these rifles since the early 20s?....................................just 2!!! that was whatt i read on the NRA website, so why ban them?? cuz they are big rounds with lots of range and power!! and now they will be restricting hand gun ammo here as of feb 1st 2011!! all this does is restrict the sale to law abideing people, criminals will get the ammo anyway!!

the more we pass gun restrictions, more people will want them! its just human nature to want what you cant have


the other point i want to make is, they want to restrict guns to law abideing people, how about restricting fast muscle cars or exotic europian sports cars? they kill people, criminals will steal them and use them and you cant drive over the posted speed limmit anyways so why have them?? i mean WHY do you need 500,700, 1051 horserpower???(last number is the horsepower of a bugatti veyron) you cant drive over the speedlimmit so why have that much power???...................because we can!


just my 2 cents



be safe people



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by zero1020
 


Ok, I really don’t know what a troll is.

Please give me a definition.

If hand guns had been banned, he wouldn’t have had the ability to traumatise those people or kill himself.
A troll is someone who deliberately creates hostile posts in the hopes of attracting negative emotional responses. Your original post contains no actual facts just your opinion which also contains multiple slanders against America.

And even if the guy didn't have a gun he could just as easily found an axe or a knife.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is part of the reason why I moved out of the comunist state of Ca.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In a nutshell: Current FBI statistics show that the violent crime rate (murder, robbery, etc) is the LOWEST in 35 years while gun ownership has increased by 4 million average per year. MORE GUNS DOES NOT INCREASE CRIME…IT DECREASES CRIME!

MURDER RATES BY COUNTRY According to www.nationmaster.com...

Rank 1st Columbia = 0.617847 per 1,000 people

Rank 4th Venezuela = 0.316138 per 1,000 people

Rank 5th Russia = 0.201534 per 1,000 people

Rank 6th Mexico = 0.130213 per 1,000 people

Rank 26th United States = 0.042802 per 1,000 people. 2nd Amendment gun rights. Trend has been toward fewer murders per capita for several years. In 2009 that trend continued even as gun ownership increased by 14,033,824 (based on NCIS background checks conducted in 2009). *That is more guns than the combined active armies of the top 21 countries in the world.
*This according to Ammoland.com with NCIS statistics printed there.

Rank 46th United Kingdom = 0.0140633 per 1,000 people. Tight government gun control:

**Murder rates (initially stable round about 1 per 100,000 population have steadily increased since the early 1990’s. In contrast, in the US over the same period homicides have almost halved. Now while homicide rates in the US are still higher than in the UK, the important thing is to realise that in 1980 the US homicide rate was about ten times the rate in England but now the US rate is only three times higher. Clearly the liberal firearms legislation in the US has worked to reduce murders while the legislation passed in the UK appears to have had the perverse effect of increasing the homicide rate. The net effect is that the gap between the UK and US murder rates has narrowed significantly. A similar pattern (a virtual doubling of murder rates since the passage of the 1988 and 1997 firearm laws is seen from Scottish figures.
** Taken from “HOW GOVERNMENTS CREATE CRIME” by Dr. Lech Beltowski as available in pdf format at dvc.org.uk...

Rank 56th Switzerland = 0.00921351 per 1,000 people. The personal weapon of militia is kept at home as part of the military obligations. Switzerland has one of the highest militia gun ownership rates in the world.

The following was taken from ActionAmerica.org:

“In a book titled "Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America (Social Institutions and Social Change)" Kleck's research showed that armed citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals every year as do police (1,527 to 606). Most of those instances were while the innocent victim was waiting on the police to arrive and many were even waiting for the police to answer the phone.” Emphasis added by me.

In the November 15th 1993 issue of Newsweek Magazine George Will reported that police were 5 times more likely than a civilian to shoot an innocent person by mistake.

The following is from the ActionAmerica.org downloadable widget counter:

*Since January 1, 2010 until Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:24:24 PM GUNS have already been used in the US, in SELF DEFENSE 870,204 times... Think about it.

*I cannot vouch for the validity of the above information, as I did not compile the statistics myself.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020
 


Well what you would call “trolling” I would call debating, I like to instigate debate, I like to be controversial the only way to really do that is to get reactions out of people they don’t have to be emotional. If you are taking this personally that’s your faults not mine, this is not a personal attack against any individual there is no need to get all emotional. Really the only reason you are calling me a “troll” is because you disagree with me

It’s just word’s on a page.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by BingeBob
 


You do know that the very ideology that states you should be granted the right to own a firearm is libraterinsim??

Your constitution is just one big classical liberal document.

I am not a liberal, but I think you might be, you just don’t know it.


Heres where you show that you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about...

#1...Its Libertarian not librarytarianism or whatever you said. The basis of the word Libertarian is "Liberty".
#2...The 2nd amendment of the constitution of the united states doesnt say I can do anything it says what the government CANT do.
#3...Since the constitution is basically a huge list of what the government CANT do, id say it is not a "Liberal" (more govt) document




You Jelly???



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by zero1020
 


Well what you would call “trolling” I would call debating, I like to instigate debate, I like to be controversial the only way to really do that is to get reactions out of people they don’t have to be emotional. If you are taking this personally that’s your faults not mine, this is not a personal attack against any individual there is no need to get all emotional. Really the only reason you are calling me a “troll” is because you disagree with me

It’s just word’s on a page.


Instigating debate is fine when it's not a personal attack on an entire country. Anyways, I'm done feeding you, enjoy your feast.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob
reply to post by fredcall
 


Interesting, the way libtards argue and debate isnt it? You know its almost over when they start talking about genitals or calling you a racist...


If a couple of guys want to segue from guns to the penis, I have to argue in favor of the vagina's use of guns in America.

Interesting that these gals in bikinis with machine guns use toilets as targets for this video's test run.

Just call me a guy with a gun and a sense of humor. Or, as Al Capone said, "You can go far with a gun. You can go farther with a gun and a smile."

This video is yet another argument for the Second Amendment.

Bikini Girls testing Machine Guns
Full auto AK-47, MP5 and Barret 50 BMG product testing with the Girls of Hogue.
www.youtube.com...



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by BingeBob
 


You do know that the very ideology that states you should be granted the right to own a firearm is libraterinsim??

Your constitution is just one big classical liberal document.

I am not a liberal, but I think you might be, you just don’t know it.


Heres where you show that you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about...

#1...Its Libertarian not librarytarianism or whatever you said. The basis of the word Libertarian is "Liberty".
#2...The 2nd amendment of the constitution of the united states doesnt say I can do anything it says what the government CANT do.
#3...Since the constitution is basically a huge list of what the government CANT do, id say it is not a "Liberal" (more govt) document

Finally someone else notices that he is just trolling.



new topics

top topics



 
33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

log in

join